Finally realised what this kr show is

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Finally realised what this kr show is

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Well we finally got Kitt crashing through a wall. I Finally put my finger on what was bugging me about this show. This show is not about Kitt and Michael. This is not an action show! This is a drama with a little bit of action, less and even less action on any given week. Kitt is more a less the number 3 co-star in this series. I sat through the episode last night with basically no action. No cool stunts, No kitt driving by himself, no turbo boosts. Was I entertained? Yes, I thought it was a good episode, but was I dissapointed.... YES! The transformation served no purpose last night was so ever.

I was praying we would see kitt do something classic to the valet who would try hotrodding him around. Nope, Nothing. Last week they had prime opportunity to do something cool with the bonnie and clyde characters driving Kitt... Nothing.

The show is called Knight Rider...... Were not seeing much riding. If I wanted a relationship drama show then I'm sure I can find one not called knight rider.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightny
Rookie

Re: Finally realised what this kr show is

Post by knightny » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Amen

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Will agree with devon styles,8 episodes have come out so far.I feel the show is no more different from TKR,It's just an update.Sure we have seen references from the TOS,but of what good were they?Overall the show is very weak and feeble.I may offend some people with what i am going to say,but Mr. Thompson has ruined this franchise.How many good episodes did we have? Episode 4 was the only one that gave me a ray of hope.Others were mediocre and the rest were horrible.The most recent episode had an 'obsolete' plot and a very 'predictable' twist in the end where the bad guy unveils his plan to ditch mike.ok maybe knight rider is a high-octane entertainment.....frankly,i don't see that as well.Fake driving scenes,no good chases,only one good turbo boost(the pilot turbo boost sucked) TONS of transformations back acting in a quite few episodes,sex,nudity this is not the KR i was looking for.I also don't think that 're-tooling' the show may bring about good changes.Charles character has been written off and that sucks.Really skeptical about this franchise's future.I want to like the show but sadly they aren't giving us what they should supposed to.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:27 pm

This show just looks cheap. First thing that anybody is going to remember about this show is the horrible green screen effects.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:14 am

i started off liking the show when i saw the pilot, and i was ok with the first two episodes of the series, but this series has really gone downhill since than. i hate to say it but i actually find myself hating kr08 because of what gary scott thompson has done to it. it is horrible.and they need to kick the writers for this series out the door, kr08 is like a soap opera with all the sex scenes,also they should have kept the car the way it was from the pilot it was much nicer. kr08 is an insult to the original series. i hope the do the right thing with the reboot otherwise this show is done!!!!
in glen larson we trust.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:52 am

The pilot had the right attempt. It had real driving scenes, KITT drove on his own, I liked the steering wheel and there were the main characters (ok, Carrie was always obsolete).
And the pilot attack mode wasn't great either, but then again I think the whole idea of having attack mode is stupid.

The new show so far is as bad as TKR. Attack KITT looks like a child's car, full plastic. Standard interiour.
The only thing that's better is the voicebox and the scanner sound.
But stories are so weak, it's hard to keep watching. Ok, I don't want to turn the TV off, because I like Knight Rider, but it the 80s show would have been like this, I would have never become a fan.

I hope they improve much with the reboot, otherwise Knight Rider won't be on TV for a looooong time. Last chance.

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:26 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i started off liking the show when i saw the pilot, and i was ok with the first two episodes of the series, but this series has really gone downhill since than. i hate to say it but i actually find myself hating kr08 because of what gary scott thompson has done to it. it is horrible.and they need to kick the writers for this series out the door, kr08 is like a soap opera with all the sex scenes,also they should have kept the car the way it was from the pilot it was much nicer. kr08 is an insult to the original series. i hope the do the right thing with the reboot otherwise this show is done!!!!
Yes,the writers needed to be fired along with gary,i just browsed on wiki abt gary and came 2 know that he is developing a show named 'without breasts there is no paradise' something like that.i mean how ridiculous is gary's attempt on taking projects like these,actually pretty much his line of work.That is why he constantly shows all the lame sexual stuff and T&A on KR.I really don't think re-tooling is gonna work.As far as the producers and writers remain the same plus FORD advertising it's vehicles in KR.Why don't they run commercials in breaks.Do they have to necessarily show FORD 'diapers,coffee and etc' in the episode.They should bring writers from Prison break,Lost and other 'intelligent stories oriented' tv shows.Most of KI3T's features are same that of the KI2T.Grappling hook,EMP(micro JAM),Medical Scanner etc.....Where is the originality?

The show will only become better if they listen to us and clearly they are not.NBC should fire all writers and producers and shouldn't depend on FORD way too much.When you look shows like Terminator Sarah Connor,Lost,Prison Break...... KR 2008 looks like a saturday morning cartoon with some 'maturity(lame maturity)'.This is not the 80s,things change,times change you gotta move on in order to make things better.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:46 pm

DevonStyles wrote:Well we finally got Kitt crashing through a wall. I Finally put my finger on what was bugging me about this show. This show is not about Kitt and Michael. This is not an action show! This is a drama with a little bit of action, less and even less action on any given week. Kitt is more a less the number 3 co-star in this series. I sat through the episode last night with basically no action. No cool stunts, No kitt driving by himself, no turbo boosts. Was I entertained? Yes, I thought it was a good episode, but was I dissapointed.... YES! The transformation served no purpose last night was so ever.

I was praying we would see kitt do something classic to the valet who would try hotrodding him around. Nope, Nothing. Last week they had prime opportunity to do something cool with the bonnie and clyde characters driving Kitt... Nothing.

The show is called Knight Rider...... Were not seeing much riding. If I wanted a relationship drama show then I'm sure I can find one not called knight rider.

I think this comment not only hits the nail on the head. I also think that the comment nails its first nail in the coffin of KR2008.

Show of hands everybody...
When you read that first comment how many of us did not realize that we have been making excuses for this show far to long now.
The KR fan-base was split for a while.
Someone would come in here and say the show sucked and 50% of the board would defend it. %30 would voice disdain for it, and countless others lurked.
Now at the moment I read that first comment made by DevonStyles, it all of a sudden came into focus.

Were screwed. They are screwing with our baby. The CONCEPT we have loved since we were kids.
The concept we love when we are adults. I am afraid the franchise is hurting now because of GST.

Knight Rider --Action Adventure
Knight Rider 2000 -- Action Drama
Knight Rider 2010 --Action
Team Knight Rider --Adventure (Aimed for childrens audience )
Knight Rider 2008 --2 dimensional drama itty bitty action
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:48 am

When you read that first comment how many of us did not realize that we have been making excuses for this show far to long now.
Considering that they're already shooting the retooling and we're really just one episode away from it, don't you think it's a little premature to stop making excuses? Not to mention it's borderline idiotic getting that far, only to drop everything now.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:28 am

I hope your right NeoRanger and I am wrong.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:46 am

wow, guess I was right on the money.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Wait! This is Knight Rider?

I thought I was watching Saved By the Bell this whole time! Screech is the car right?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:45 pm

I can't comprehend how anyone behind the production of this show would think this show could be a hit in it's current format to begin with.

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Glissard wrote:Wait! This is Knight Rider?

I thought I was watching Saved By the Bell this whole time! Screech is the car right?
That's really funny :lol: ...another NBC show....another spin off:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
'Saved By The Bell: The SSC Year'
... if Screech is the car and Zack is Mike the show should be called
'Saved By The Car'
or
'Mike Knight Can't Lose'
. Maybe we'll see Dustin Diamond guest starring soon (or Sarahs best girl friend played by Tiffani Thiessen). :good:

The important thing is that KITT won't be travel in time, fly ... and KR won't slip off to Power Ranger level

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:11 pm

The only real problem I have now except for the fact that this show will remain an utter failure if it keeps going like this, is that it's setting a milestone in the Knight Rider franchise. I mean we've had 8 episodes so far and nothing is going to change what they've done with the series so far.

Think about it, in years from now KR08 will be perceived as a bad attempt of bringing back the old classic. People ahead of our time will know of the less successful attempt, not TOS!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:47 am

Yeah but surely they'd see TOS to know how much of a failure KR08 is/was? And they could make it better.

Look at Batman (yeah I know poor comparison). They did a good coupla movies. The three movies killed the franchise. They brought it back better than ever before (BB and TDK). We just don't have as strong a following.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:08 am

Yeah but surely they'd see TOS to know how much of a failure KR08 is/was?
True, but the question is if people will bother to go back and watch a show that aired in 1982. It's easier to watch KR08 since it's more recent.

Knight of the Zodiac dropped to 5.12 million viewers which is the lowest number yet on our chart! By late december it will probably drop even more because of the break and the fact that viewers are getting impatient.
If the reboot turns out to be a cheap attempt in raising the viewer ratings they can expect an even more drastic drop. After that you'll just have to cross your fingers and pray that it doesn't kill TOS's reputation.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 am

They'd BETTER pull out all the stops on this "ReBoot"! And I mean 3-4 Turbo Boosts and more than a four minute car chase scene; they've gotta get some action into it. Not just wasteful flirting between Sarah and Mike and the other two. That's one of the problems, these flirt scenes waste 10-12, and sometimes up to 15 minutes of the show, which is only like 42 minutes long in the end, and these scenes NEVER go anywhere, thereby making them COMPLETELY pointless in every way possible. If they went somewhere with them, fine, but they do not. These 12 minutes per episode could easily be replaced with some kind of action sequences. So with this reboot, they're going to have to kick the action up far more than just a notch. I doubt see how you can produce an action show without any action. You mean to tell me they can't get their hands on some extra Mustangs for some stunts, and at the VERY least get a few scale models for Turbo Boost and Ski Mode scenes? The models looked better in the '80's than the CGI looks now, and if that's the case, why couldn't the models look even better now, if digitally enhanced?
And what little drama there is, is immature and juvenile at best. It's like a bunch of yuppie nitwits, like Dawson's freakin' Creek with a talking Mustang that don't do stunts. At least if the drama scenes were more serious in nature and not so damned stupid, maybe you could take the show more seriously, but even that is goofy.

Well, that's my rant for the day.