Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

youbelong
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Post by youbelong » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
youbelong wrote:big news karr is back i hope karr killed sarah & zoé in this episode :mrgreen:
dont you think thats a little too far?
at first you were just annoying, now you're an ***
No insults please there is a good peoples indeed on this forum and then be polished and secondly it is my opinion which I give and I am not obliged to follow your opinion and the presence of sarah with mike in every mission break this show

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

don't worry faithful car KRO , he do the same on the french forum (Knight2000) is as annoying as here ! please, youbelong give a positive image of the french community ;)

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:02 pm

you peops dont look at this in a similar way...
KARR is old and is made up of what we can guess is a profile chip, CPU and gadgets. So im pretty sure they wont make this an easy episode to guess. i dont know the storyline but i can say that KARR wants KITTS new processor, and the images shown in the last episode of robots were only pictures. I believe that he would need KITT's CPU to preform such transformations. Also another issue is that we saw 2 profile chips in KITT during the jane bond episode. 1 was a repair chip and 1 was a normal processing chip like if u had system restore. Another part I have heard is from the trailer to the next episode where 2 people try to download KITT. putting all this information together will make a story go somewhat like this:
KITT goes on a pursuit mission however he is not able to recognise the car infront and cannot hack it.KITT chases KARR while micheal goes in to FLASHBACK mode, KITT tlaks to KARR saying you are not as powerful as me (KARR has only nanotech and Jetengine for a simmilar use of turo boost) and should folow me to the SSC to be disabled. KARR agree that he is more powerful but has laid a trap eventually KITT is damaged by the trap or bomb and KITT cannot escape and is damaged but still able to drive somewhat, KARR develops a camoflage technique knowing KITT is disabled to use anything and further damages KITT.
KARR says he wants KITTs CPU and says he will take it at any costs. Michael is back in reality mode now and tried to takedown whoever comes out of the car( guessing it is possibly the person from ep 7 who has given KARR downloaded data on KITT which is why KARR wants him) and goes to KITT. KARR attacks Michael (i sohuld mention that the SSC is being blocked by KARR) KARR then shuts KITT down , knowing KARR can get to him he disables all systems in himself and codes all data required for transformation procedures.
KITT manages to drop his profile and other locked data chip on the floor under the engine while he is shutdown. KARR is tkaen out of his car and inserted in the now KITT 3000, when Michael wakes up he notices the Chip on the floor. He goes to sit in what he thinks is KITT and finds he cannot turn it on becuase of lots of errors so he leaves it off and drives back to the SSC. He hands them the chip and they figure out of the message left on the chip that KITT has been taken showing a video of the scene and that which shows that KITT has disabled KARR from using its functions for 3 days. (end part 1).
(Start part 2)They find the other mustang that Graiman has kept secure and inserts KITTS chip. An entire new profile comes to life but is more of a computer than a person. They update KITT(2) system for required information and he is sent with backup of KITT 2000, me jk they wouldn't bring him in. They send shara and someone else i dont know after him aswell. KITT(2) meets KARR and they start a fight while chasing. KARR realises that the car KITT(2) has doesn't talk with a personality and figures out it is a new car. KARR hacks KITT(2) and swaps profile chips.
Michael jumps out of the car and knocks out the other driver who has also come out. Michael gets in the KITT and turns it on hoping for KITT to come back to life and he does saying hello Michael and we see a whole load of KITTs special effects turn on. WOOT. KITT goes into ATTACK mode and know what KARR is up too so KITT attacks KARR with rockets and a IM A CHARGIN MA LAZER, SHOOP DA WHOOP. So KARR runs off with an extremly dmaged body as he wasn't able to turn on his nanobody in time.
We are left with a new Villian but we dont see any transformation but at the end we see a clip of DR. Graiman looking at a video of KARR fighting KITT while he repairs KITTS files and notices a file added called KARR. It is a sound clip of KARR saying thank you Dr Graiman for a new upgrade( or whatever KARR is well known for saying)(*insert name here* lol) and we end the episode to hear Michael say its good to hear you KITT, KITT says "It is good to hear myself too." Michael asks Dr.Graiman if we will see KITT again, he replies that KARR has now got over a 1000 nano camoflagues so he could easily be anywhere, however we know that KARR will come for the SSC as he know knows where they are and KITT also knows that. :karr:

This sotry will only work if what the next episode with the to stunt people who steal KITTs files or download them leave them for KITT. Also in the old series there is a scene where KARR is choking or making the tempreture of a woman rise in a car to make the person stop and sit in the car, this could be shown as the next episode after knight of the living dead has 2 people (1woman, 1 man) and if they escape the SSC then they could meet KARR who offers them a lift and the woman sits in and nearly dies from the heat so the man say ok to giving KARR the downloaded files off KITT and BLAH BLAH BLAH i could go on but i wont about this

An alternate route is that at the next episode part 2 KITT 2000 chip is brought back into the new KITT and we see his entire personality through a new voice as his personality file size must have been 1kb (1980's lol) and then they go to kick KARRS ass however the probability of that happening as the producers are try to keep affilations with a old knight rider out of the story as they want new people to watch the show and be able to pickup on the story easily.
Hope you enjoy reading this very long peice but please go ahead and give your views ty

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm

For those of us who have been wondering whether or not this KARR is the original KARR I think I may have a solution after doing some research. If you look at when Knight Writers answered the first set of questions you will notice that they do answer the question about KARR after someone mentioned KITT vs KARR, have a look:

I hope you're going to continue the story with kitt vs karr.

"Keep watching, KARR has not been forgotten."

Joe

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Good point, perhaps that is a hint that it is THE KARR and not some new version that only has a "mistake" and a acronym in common..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 pm

I think its likely it is the original KARR,but remember his shell was destroyed. So it makes sense that they updated him.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Why would a robot be named KARR???

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:29 pm

jup wrote:Why would a robot be named KARR???
Why not???

Just because the AI is housed on 4 wheels and doesnt resemble the 'bi-ped' machine that we would associate with the word 'robot' does not mean its not a robot. Technically it is.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:01 pm

KARR was in a car and was still a robot...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I kinda think maybe Graiman tired to fix KARR, the government stepped in and then the bad things happened. Maybe that's why he was in hiding in the pilot and he built the Knight 3000 to redeem himself.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 am

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
For anyone still wondering whether or not KAcRRe was a car or a robot......
Knight Industries Research has provided us with some answers...in the form of a picture....
viewable here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/ ... n/karr.jpg
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
For anyone still wondering whether or not KAcRRe was a car or a robot......
Knight Industries Research has provided us with some answers...in the form of a picture....
viewable here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/ ... n/karr.jpg
Awesome stuff! :good: :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Rather interesting upgrade from the original incarnation.

Celtsman
Stranger

Post by Celtsman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:20 am

As I read more about KARRs return I keep thinking back to the fake Zoe's refusal to answer who she works for and killing herself instead of being questioned. Given that she was trying to steal KITTs brain basically it would seem to me highly likely she was doing so for the people working with KARR. This would make it obvious that whomever is controlling KARR has some serious technology and probably influence at their disposal.

vertigo778
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by vertigo778 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 am

I'm under strict orders not to say anything about upcoming episodes.

I can say, however, that we're really busy over here making something upcoming in a future episode really, really damn cool, which is why we haven't been on the forums lately . . . ;)

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 am

vertigo778 wrote:I'm under strict orders not to say anything about upcoming episodes.

I can say, however, that we're really busy over here making something upcoming in a future episode really, really damn cool, which is why we haven't been on the forums lately . . . ;)
Oooo! I can't wait! :D
We missed you guys.
Sepulveda Dam.jpg
Sepulveda Dam.jpg (211.42 KiB) Viewed 52038 times
I missed the photoshops too :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:45 am

You damn tease! :lol:

I'm sure this extra time you guys have with the hiatus is really beneficial for you and your teams since I know you guys don't have the benefit of having even a quarter of the time to do what you do compared to movies. I'm sure you guys will make it look cool, but will it make sense?

EDIT: I should have posted this sooner. Sue beat me... Again!

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Everything's starting to connect with the return of "K.A.R.R. & Mike's Memory Loss", I wonder if they are going to refer or making any sort of reference to "The Black River Corporation &The Prometheus Project" from the "Pilot" &
how exactly does "Alex Torres" tie into everything?
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

davim00
Stranger

Post by davim00 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Here's a possibility.....

It's dark. Someone shadowy gets into KI3T. Voice is disguised. Prints are disguised. KI3T thinks it's Sarah. "Sarah" shadow activates the keyboard. Punches something into the computer. KI3T shuts down/dims/fades out, but not before a final "What is happening...." comes from the darkening voice modulator/orb. A few screws loosened her, a few clips removed and Sarah Shadow pops off the center console. KI3T CPU is extracted, placed in a briefcase. Another CPU from this same briefcase is placed where the former was. The center console is reattached, a few keys punched on the keyboard.....

Switch to outside view. KI3T lights up.... switch to closeup of scanner. Scanner glows red and starts moving slowly back and forth... then.... the color fades from red to yellow, like a demon possession......... :shock:

Cut to black. End of scene.

My gosh, that would make me wet my pants.... :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 am

Anyone think that Karr's return has some connection to the backdoor pilot?The bad guy referred to the car as the next step in Prometheus.Thinking about that mythology man brought fire down to earth and being the next step karr stealing kitts technology sounds like that.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 pm

This is my idea.
It's dark. Someone shadowy gets into KI3T. Voice is disguised. Prints are disguised. KI3T thinks it's Sarah. "Sarah" shadow activates the keyboard. Punches something into the computer. KI3T shuts down/dims/fades out, but not before a final "What is happening...." comes from the darkening voice modulator/orb. A few screws loosened her, a few clips removed and Sarah Shadow pops off the center console. KI3T CPU is extracted, placed in a briefcase. Another CPU from this same briefcase is placed where the former was. The center console is reattached, a few keys punched on the keyboard.....

Switch to outside view. KI3T lights up.... switch to closeup of scanner. Scanner glows red and starts moving slowly back and forth... then.... the color fades from red to yellow, like a demon possession.........

Cut to black. End of scene.
Adding to this.
Dr. Graiman enters the room to check on KITT while the other workers are away celebrating Mike's birthday AND Sarah is supposedly eating dinner with Mike in a restaurant. Before he enters, KARR transforms his scanner back to red. KARR tells Dr. Graiman that his monitors are malfunctioning.

KARR (in KI3T's voice)-Dr. Graiman, my monitors seem to be malfunctioning and it appears Sarah is not in the premises.
Dr. G- You look fine to me KITT.
KARR- negative Dr. Graiman. It appears that there is a short circuit on the monitors.
Dr. G- Okay Ill take a look.
(As he enters KARR, he closes the door on him and locks him in with no way out.
Dr. Graiman- (Struggling in vain to open the door) KITT what are you doing?
KARR- KITT? (transforms back into KARR)
Dr. G- No it can't be!
KARR- Yes, Dr. Graiman. It's me KARR and I've got you right where I want you!
(Closeup on Dr. Graiman's face and then on KARR's scanner.)
---End of Scene---

Dr. G- What do you want KARR?!
KARR- You still ask even when you know darn well why! You abandoned me after you created me, just like you abandoned my predecessor, the Knight Automated Roving Robot. I heard you before you disabled me. (plays video of Dr. G talking about KARR) Then you told Michael Knight to destroy him. But I am not going to let that happen again, Charles. I am going to kill you for abandoning me.

Dr. G- Wheres KITT?
KARR tells him that KITTs processor is in the hands of his owner and will be destroyed along with Sarah who was kidnapped before she arrived at the restaurant. He plots Dr. G's death and decides to raise the interior temperature, just like in KITT vs KARR of TOS. As this happens, Dr. G is able to reach for his cell phone and calls Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) to contact Billy and Mike to rendezvous at the location where KI2T is stored (pilot) to reactivate KI2T. He then tells him to tell Mike (who is still waiting for Sarah) that she has been kidnapped. As he is agonizing, he tells him "One man can make a difference Michael. But two can change the world. It is in you all's hands." He then dies. Camera on Michael. "Charles, CHARLES!" Camera back to Dr. G. KARR turbo boosts out of the foundation. "To be continued"
---End of Episode---

:twisted:
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone think that Karr's return has some connection to the backdoor pilot?The bad guy referred to the car as the next step in Prometheus.Thinking about that mythology man brought fire down to earth and being the next step karr stealing kitts technology sounds like that.
I don't think it will have any connection. That entire plotline was discarded by GST. He more or less said he was just going to take the basic ingredients from the telemovie and make the series his own thing. I know with some creative writing (if you chose to ignore some inconsistencies regarding the whole restarting the Foundation matter), you could tie the telemovie and the show together with a gap of time between the events.