Graimen to reveal next generation KITT?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Graimen to reveal next generation KITT?

Post by neps » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 am

People have been tossing the rumor that KITT would become a 2010 Mustang? Maybe there is some truth to that at least temporary?

From http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/11/17/knig ... n-upgrade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
It looks like Wednesday night, however, we might see a new fuel-efficient KITT hit the road. Here’s the preview from NBC:

The government dispatches a green consultant to the SSC, in order to evaluate the KITT Cave’s carbon deficiency. The consultant turns out to have had a history with Graiman. She also challenges Graiman to defend and explain KITT’s “green” status, and Graiman reveals the next generation of KITT.

Might we see another hydrogen-powered KITT? How about we drop the Mustang and go with an all-electric Fisker Karma?
Though our summary from NBC on the episode was:
MIKE, KITT AND BILLY HEAD TO VEGAS TO TAKE ON A MONEY LAUNDERING RING -- Mike (Justin Bruening) goes undercover in Vegas to bust a money laundering operation. Billy (Paul Campbell) joins Mike and KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) on the mission, only to spark a romantic adventure of his own. Meanwhile, Dr. Graiman (Bruce Davison) locks horns with an old rival and former flame, who comes to assess how “green” the KITT Cave is.
I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Knight316
Operative

Re: Graimen to reveal next generation KITT?

Post by Knight316 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:10 am

Hmm...i doubt anything will change with his look or anything. They'l probably just mention some sort of fuel efficiency mumbo jumbo like KITT did in the Pilot. I never knew that KI2T ran on Liquid Hydrogen...wouldn't that have been extremely dangerous when he was getting bashed around by Goliath?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:56 am

It's "Green Week" *gags* on NBC so they have to have every opportunity to shill "green" things. I wonder if they'll be hocking GE compact florescent lights and probably solar panels.

I wonder if anything is really going to be revealed or if it's just going to be an explanation of what makes KITT run off of.

Also, didn't the original KITT get 200MPG and wasn't the hydrogen system just for one episode?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:04 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's "Green Week" *gags* on NBC so they have to have every opportunity to shill "green" things. I wonder if they'll be hocking GE compact florescent lights and probably solar panels.

I wonder if anything is really going to be revealed or if it's just going to be an explanation of what makes KITT run off of.

Also, didn't the original KITT get 200MPG and wasn't the hydrogen system just for one episode?
That's correct. K.I.T.T. became a hydrogen car in the season one episode "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death" when MK and K.I.T.T. entered the alternative fuel race to catch the killer. However there is an episode where K.I.T.T. tells Michael that he needs fuel and says something to effect of "Remember Michael, my engine will run on anything that is combustible." To me, the new 2010 Mustang looks a lot like the GT500 KR. So I think KITT is already the design of the new Mustang.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's "Green Week" *gags* on NBC so they have to have every opportunity to shill "green" things. I wonder if they'll be hocking GE compact florescent lights and probably solar panels.
"Green Week" *Eye roll* if NBC shows were characters from the Office KR would be Dwight. Good intentions and all but perhaps just a bit over the top when it comes to following company policy.

But anyway, I have noticed that they've changed KITTs engine sounds a bit from the pilot to be a little bit more electric sounding. Probably a good way to go cause who knows in a few short years maybe we wont have gasoline engines anymore.
I'd be really surprised if they made him a 2010, but I do think KARR looks like a 2010 so who knows.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Well, The KITT cave may not be around much longer-(Just speculating) never thought it would be because it wasn't "Environmentally friendly."
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 pm

I doubt we'll see any changes to KITT's body - if we do, then how will they air the episodes that were filmed prior to this one, but haven't aired yet?

Speaking of - does anyone know the PRODUCTION order of the episodes?

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:17 pm

True- I mean, they're already up to episode #15, supposedly, and unless a prior deal was made, the new Mustang won't be revealed until tomorrow.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Green week make Hulk smash! :lol:
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:15 pm

I think that at this point Knight Fever has been completely dropped unless they're just delaying it with bumping the show once again for the stupid Rosie O'Donnell variety show. :roll:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:17 pm

If knight Fever is the computer virus episode, that's airing next week.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:40 pm

No, it's not, as Sue pointed out either in another topic or in the chat room a few days ago.

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Oh please, KITT is GREEN! He gets 160 mpg according to the 2 hour movie before the series started. How about KITT as a new Dodge Challenger with the biggest gas gussling hemi Dodge has? That'd really piss them off then. This going green crap is getting out of hand. If the PC wussy crowd gets it's hands on KITT it WILL KILL the show. The planet will be here long after we are gone.

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Maybe its just a transformation, nothing permanant (although i wouldnt mind seeing more of the 2010 Mustang)
Although the more i think about it, the more it makes sense. Knight Rider's sponsored by Ford so it would make sense to throw the 2010 Mustang in there, most likely as a transformation

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:No, it's not, as Sue pointed out either in another topic or in the chat room a few days ago.

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So- TV guide was lying, then?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:15 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:Well, The KITT cave may not be around much longer-(Just speculating) never thought it would be because it wasn't "Environmentally friendly."
How was it not enviromentally friendly? But I suppoose a polutting 80's diesel truck in the reboot is much more enviromentally friendly right? :roll:

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
KRAvengerII wrote:Well, The KITT cave may not be around much longer-(Just speculating) never thought it would be because it wasn't "Environmentally friendly."
How was it not enviromentally friendly? But I suppoose a polutting 80's diesel truck in the reboot is much more enviromentally friendly right? :roll:
...aren't you exaggerating the yearning for a change in the show a bit much? I don't recall hearing anyone wanting the old 80s technology back beyond the return of the original KITT--the concern is simply that the new show isn't close enough to the spirit of the old show. You might want to tone it down a bit.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm not doing that at all- I said I LIKE the KITT cave, remember? I just don't think it'll still be around once the reboot goes into effect.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm

No, not you--I was talking to PunkMaister. Sorry! :oops:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:No, it's not, as Sue pointed out either in another topic or in the chat room a few days ago.

So- TV guide was lying, then?
Appears that way. Whether or not they are going to ever show it is the next question. On one hand you would think they would since it was number nine and they said the retooling would start of 10. But on the other hand Rosie was possibly first slotted for 9:00 and this was a last minute decision based on last weeks ratings. We have a long way to go till January so my guess is we will still get to see it.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 pm

There's still some time in December, not to mention we don't know when in January, or Febuary they're going to launch the two parter. That being said, this is another episode I'm not really looking forward to- another "KITT gets sabotoged" plotline.

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm

SUE wrote: .........But anyway, I have noticed that they've changed KITTs engine sounds a bit from the pilot to be a little bit more electric sounding............
I noticed this too, but I'm more inclined in thinking its the whine of the supercharger the GT500KR comes with. Would I be right to think this??

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Drifty wrote:
SUE wrote: .........But anyway, I have noticed that they've changed KITTs engine sounds a bit from the pilot to be a little bit more electric sounding............
I noticed this too, but I'm more inclined in thinking its the whine of the supercharger the GT500KR comes with. Would I be right to think this??
Oh, you know I know nothing about cars so that's interesting if that is the case. My hybrid's electric engine makes a whining noise so here I was thinking KITT was more green.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:23 am

Well, the KI3T that lies in the KITT Cave got no engines at all, so he must be very green.... :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good: