More Likely To Save Knight Rider Hoff or Original kitt voice

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

More Likely To Save Knight Rider Hoff or Original kitt voice

Post by djshag69 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Very interesting article

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/11/14/mo ... -kitt/8130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ice rider coming 2009

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: More Likely To Save Knight Rider Hoff or Original kitt voice

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:52 pm

I agree. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12928&st=0&sk=t& ... 25#p153633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally, neither would save the show if the writing stinks.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:05 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I agree. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12928&st=0&sk=t& ... 25#p153633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Case in point: Knight Rider 2000. :wink:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:32 pm

I think both of them are needed with a non production costum car as KI2T body to solve the
Mustang vs Trans Am "pain in the neck" misery :!: :good:
:dash4:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I agree. ;)

Agreed.

As far as I know nothing has been decided yet about the Hoffs roll, but that quote I put in the comments of that article is sure an interesting one. I wonder if that KI2T storyline is Hoffs idea that he's been pitching or if he really had some inside information.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:00 am

Its great news ether way.I also think the hoff and k2000 will play a role in the karr story arc ether the very end of it or the middle of it they return.

Travis

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 am

I think there is no need for William Daniels on a regular basis. Val Kilmer does a very good job so far. Kilmer wouldn't have much to do next to Daniels. What could Daniels voice over? - A T/A? The year to come is 2009. The 80's are gone. What else: SSC A.I.? - This is Knight Rider ... neither Power Rangers, nor TKR. A talking paperweight? KI2T as head of FLAG/Knight Research? How old is Daniels voice? It must have changed over the years. In my opinion Daniels could only replace Kilmer. But: At this point it would be a shame. On the other hand the aged Hoff could take over Devons/Graimans part whitout taking the focus off the new characters incl. KI3T. This could save KR for old and new fans...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 am

If KITT were the SSC's "brain" that'd be a total rip off of TKR.... >_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 am

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. It was just a matter of time.

Bring us the Hoff! Bring us the original voice of KITT! Bring us the real Knight Rider!

So far, 78 votes are saying that it's beyond saving at this point and if that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:40 pm

The Hoff would save it. Im sorry to say that Willaims Daniels is not the right voice anymore hes to old and have heard what he sounds liek an old man LOL. Ill stick with Val Kilmer becasue he has the tone in his voice as Willam Daniels had in the 80's. he even started to sound old in KR2000
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I agree, bring back the Hoff and bring back the original voice of KITT (William Daniels) his voice is still great and he is not too old, I don't know where that came from. I think Daniels voice should be used not as a replacement of Val Kilmer but used during the team up of the original KITT and the new KITT. As we saw in the pilot episode Graiman still has the Knight Industries Two Thousand at his home, it should be simple to reactivate him, so he can once again save the day.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 pm

transam82 wrote:I agree, bring back the Hoff and bring back the original voice of KITT (William Daniels) his voice is still great and he is not too old, I don't know where that came from. I think Daniels voice should be used not as a replacement of Val Kilmer but used during the team up of the original KITT and the new KITT. As we saw in the pilot episode Graiman still has the Knight Industries Two Thousand at his home, it should be simple to reactivate him, so he can once again save the day.
oh okay i misunderstood i though you said to use daniels voice for the KI3T
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:06 pm

transam82 wrote:I agree, bring back the Hoff and bring back the original voice of KITT (William Daniels) his voice is still great and he is not too old, I don't know where that came from. I think Daniels voice should be used not as a replacement of Val Kilmer but used during the team up of the original KITT and the new KITT. As we saw in the pilot episode Graiman still has the Knight Industries Two Thousand at his home, it should be simple to reactivate him, so he can once again save the day.
he did not have KITT at his home- he had a trans am body.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 pm

a weekly role by hasselhoff and an appearance by the knight 2000 is the only thing that can save this show!!!
in glen larson we trust.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:29 am

As much as I would love William Daniels to reprise his role of the voice of KI2T weekly. *I shiver with glee at the thought.* I have seen people state that he is now in his 80's. I would not want to subject him to the stress of a weekly t.v. show again. He is a legend and I agree that a cameo appearance once or twice would be awesome.

Mr. Daniels if you are reading this Thank You for accepting the role of a talking car. :D
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:02 am

To save Knight Rider, they need to get rid of Billy And Zoe, Stop messing about give Kitt some amazing stunts and Ski mode crashing through walls and more Turbo boost, we've only seen it twice.

I Do agree with getting rid of the FBI "Terroist of the week" stories, it's very dull.
Basicly they need to pull thieir fingers out, or it has no chance.

Gary Scott Thompson said"I watched the first season of the Orginal" at Comic com,
MAybe he wasn't paying attention, Gary I would take another look, becuase you have a major disaster on your hands here.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:15 am

whet wrote: Gary Scott Thompson said"I watched the first season of the Orginal" at Comic com,
MAybe he wasn't paying attention, Gary I would take another look, becuase you have a major disaster on your hands here.
Maybe he does know what he's doing. We dont know by what means so far about how the "reboot" will introduced to the show. GST may have something huge planned.
Why does everyone write him of and say he doesnt know what he's doing? The thing, he could be coming up with downright amazing episodes but NBC has the final say, I'm pretty sure NBC has more infulence on the show than anyone else, that's what happened to Hard Day's Knight (and judging from that one video in Torres' file, that would have been a really dark turn for the show).
When it comes down to it, you can take the easy way out and blame Gary, but in all reality, there's a list of people to blame before you get to Gary.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:53 am

I remember GST's interviews and comments on the show and all the plans he had and promises he made.
I was so excited because I thought "man, he knows what makes KR great".
After seeing the first episodes I have to say I am disappointed. Because he didn't live up to his promises.

I mean especially those things:
- own mythology with links to the past >> the only nods to the past were names they used (Devon, Bonnie, KARR) with no real background. Even the background story the created in the backdoor pilot is ignored (e.g. Charles wanting to resurrect the federation,...)
- KITT will be cool, the attack mode can do this and that and you will see so many turbo boosts and stunts you'll get sick of it >> uh huh, yeah right. The attack mode is way over the top, too much Fast and Furious and KITT hasn't done any of the great stunts they promised. the only thing we see is the whole product line of Ford, since KITT only transforms to show of their cars.
- he wants to stay close to season one of the original show. >> never ever. I have watched the first season on DVD lately, that was one man, one car, helping the powerless against criminals who operate above the law. Or to get more into detail, he helped was a woman who fell asleep at a party and after nearly being killed loses her memory. Or he helped a small town to get rid of a biker gang. He cleared the name of a girl who was mistakenly arrested for murder. And in every episode KITT was the one thing that made the difference. KITT broke Michael out of prision, rescued him and made the impossible possible. We have not seen this yet on the new show. And the whole attack mode is like super pursuit mode, which was also redundant. And the crowded cave with all the people reminds me of RC3, who didn't really had a purpose in the show either.

Heck, he even said the attack mode could use the rear wing to brake, and it would adjust its height depending the speed the car goes. Although this wouldn't make the attack mode any better, it's just one example why GST's words are not to be taken too seriously.

I just really really hope that this time he will get it right and that he does everything that is needed to make the show work. If NBC or Ford are a problem, well, he has to solve this.

Knight Rider must go on. And I think this is the last chance it will get. Hopefully the Hoff will have a good influence on the show.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:59 am

Ok but he's the showrunner, isn't it his job to kick some buts into gear and get this show decent?
I like Justenin Bruening and Deanna Russo and the new Kitt, but all the dross in the inbetween with the FBI and Billy and Zoe it's just rubbish.

It's supposted to be Knight Rider, about a car and helping people not messing out with stupid chilsish banter between Zoe and Billy.

As it is now it's a bit like Airwolf where you never seen the Helicopter do muxh in an episode, you never seen Kitt do much realy so far.

It comes to something when back in the 80's they could do a better show than all the advavances in special effects they have these days.

No woner it's getting such poor ratings.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:54 am

Ok but he's the showrunner, isn't it his job to kick some buts into gear and get this show decent?
I'd swear that's as good a reason as any for the retooling. So, why are complaining?
No woner it's getting such poor ratings.
Considering the crapfest that the medium has found itself in and the competition in the show's timeslot, I'd say it's doing fair.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 am

Well either way the hard truth is Knight Rider is heading towards being canceled, I hope that this reboot is what we exspect, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 am

Glen A. Larson is still listed as executive producer... Does somebody know how much he is really involved? I've heard Larson is someone who likes to adorn with borrowed plumes... but he knows TOS and could save it as well.

... I really loved the sequence in 'Knight Of The Hunter' when Mike thumbs through the KI3T manual while watching football. That was a real 80s Knight Rider homage (Much better than brining up Devon or Bonnie as covers or "learns alo"). I remember a scene in TOS that was pretty much the same. Which episode was that? Who was in charge of that tribute? GST? I don't know. But someone saw TOS and made the fans happy. The fans asked for Turbo Boost. They got it (somehow). They wanted the original scanner sound. They got it. They asked for a convertible mode. They got the pink warrior KI3T. GST and his stuff try to get KI3T on 2 wheels. The fans asked for it, too. Many fans wanted to get rid of the FBI agents... Call me a tv series that takes so much focus to the audience and I'll watch it. We should be lucky.
A big problem is still the Torchwood rip-off. That was GST, wasn't he? Maybe this will kill KR. Apart from that... maybe the the KARR TRANSFORMERS moments will atract more viewers. I don't want such moments because I think it must be Knight RIDER not TRANSFORMERS (Transformers fans are served by Michael Bay).
At least... KR has capability and no real format competition.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:25 am

I remember GST's interviews and comments on the show and all the plans he had and promises he made.
After seeing the first episodes I have to say I am disappointed. Because he didn't live up to his promises.

- own mythology with links to the past >> the only nods to the past were names they used (Devon, Bonnie, KARR) with no real background. Even the background story the created in the backdoor pilot is ignored (e.g. Charles wanting to resurrect the federation,...)
- KITT will be cool, the attack mode can do this and that and you will see so many turbo boosts and stunts you'll get sick of it >> uh huh, yeah right. The attack mode is way over the top, too much Fast and Furious and KITT hasn't done any of the great stunts they promised. the only thing we see is the whole product line of Ford, since KITT only transforms to show of their cars.
- he wants to stay close to season one of the original show. >> never ever. I have watched the first season on DVD lately, that was one man, one car, helping the powerless against criminals who operate above the law. Or to get more into detail, he helped was a woman who fell asleep at a party and after nearly being killed loses her memory. Or he helped a small town to get rid of a biker gang. He cleared the name of a girl who was mistakenly arrested for murder. And in every episode KITT was the one thing that made the difference. KITT broke Michael out of prision, rescued him and made the impossible possible. We have not seen this yet on the new show. And the whole attack mode is like super pursuit mode, which was also redundant. And the crowded cave with all the people reminds me of RC3, who didn't really had a purpose in the show either.

Heck, he even said the attack mode could use the rear wing to brake, and it would adjust its height depending the speed the car goes. Although this wouldn't make the attack mode any better, it's just one example why GST's words are not to be taken too seriously.

I just really really hope that this time he will get it right and that he does everything that is needed to make the show work. If NBC or Ford are a problem, well, he has to solve this.

Knight Rider must go on. And I think this is the last chance it will get. Hopefully the Hoff will have a good influence on the show.
I agree with all you say here except this: "And the whole attack mode is like super pursuit mode, which was also redundant". SPM was good looking and they made it look like it could make the car go A LOT faster! Attack mode is hardly even percieved in that way because it looks overdone and fictional with almost no positive effect to the speed at all when filmed (i.e. the car doesn't seem to go any faster). As for the rear wing to adjust up and down depending on speed is not unrealistic. They use that technology on some of the models in Porsche.

Anyways, as you were saying GST promised a lot which never did happen so far. I understand that the season is yet not over but after 7 episodes we should be able to see the trend that this show is taking.

Now, today I can almost bet they need either the Hoff or the original voice of Kitt to keep this show from being cancelled. Which either GST chooses is his own call.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 am

Glen Larson has pretty much nothing to do with the show and probably can't due to a potential conflict of interest. His name is just on there for contractual reasons and he gets paid, heh. Similar situation to BSG, except without there ever being any involvement as IIRC Larson was at one point.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:

I agree with all you say here except this: "And the whole attack mode is like super pursuit mode, which was also redundant". SPM was good looking and they made it look like it could make the car go A LOT faster! Attack mode is hardly even percieved in that way because it looks overdone and fictional with almost no positive effect to the speed at all when filmed (i.e. the car doesn't seem to go any faster). As for the rear wing to adjust up and down depending on speed is not unrealistic. They use that technology on some of the models in Porsche.

Anyways, as you were saying GST promised a lot which never did happen so far. I understand that the season is yet not over but after 7 episodes we should be able to see the trend that this show is taking.

Now, today I can almost bet they need either the Hoff or the original voice of Kitt to keep this show from being cancelled. Which either GST chooses is his own call.
Makes me wonder if he was watching season 4 of the original KR... :| The thing that bugs me the most is that KI3T,most of the time is more like a background object,or a prop.He isn't a character...unlike KITT in TOS.But we'll have to wait and see.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9