KR:TOS questions from a newbie

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR:TOS questions from a newbie

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:25 am

that makes sense, but that might of saved the series in season 4. unless nbc, abc, cbs had a grudge about fantasy/scifi around this time thats also a rumor
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:17 am

CJaguar442 wrote:that makes sense, but that might of saved the series in season 4. unless nbc, abc, cbs had a grudge about fantasy/scifi around this time thats also a rumor
I know nbc tried the sci-fi route agian with Quantam Leap. As for CBS I don't recall.
But most TV goes through spells where Sci-Fi is In/out.
Kinda like Buffy,Angel,Roswell and Smallville in the late 90's, and Battlestar & KR from the late 70's and early 80's.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 am

i do know that nbc cancelled quantum leap three times (1st, 3rd, and the 5th season) and set it for failure as well by moving time slots like crazy nbc is notorious for this. "six sigma" they are doing it again with the new knight rider. nbc does not know what they are doing
Save the Clocktower!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 pm

I thought RC 3 was a nice additon and I don't think he had anything to do with the shows ending. I always liked how he had that dirtbike and everyone was always teasing him about it. "it looks like a carefully constructed train wreck" "come on boss stop putting down my wheels" Probably the best lines from the show. Since I love motorcycles and dirtbikes this really made the show even more enjoyable when I was younger.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:45 pm

actually i dont think RC3 hurt the series either i believed he made the series better. he made a nice sidekick
Save the Clocktower!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:35 pm

He seemed to have a Michael knight type quality about him. He really made you believe he cared and wanted to help people and seemed very genuine. Also the fact that he wasn't out helping Michael in every episode helped keep the one make can make a difference theme.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:55 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:He seemed to have a Michael knight type quality about him. He really made you believe he cared and wanted to help people and seemed very genuine. Also the fact that he wasn't out helping Michael in every episode helped keep the one make can make a difference theme.
Yeah I have to agree there.
Although I find that the "one man" usually has trusted friends behind him helping, i.e RC3 or Devon.
I am having trouble getting through S4 mainly b/c the plots are so/so to me. Like they are recycled. But I am enjoying RC3 (and the nickname rocks lol), I think once I can get past "scent o f roses" things will pick up.
(yeah that's how far I am! :P LOL)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507