Graiman channels Wilton Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Graiman channels Wilton Knight

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:24 am

In "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight", Graiman shows a bit of empathy for "Bonnie & Clyde". He seems to be at least somewhat supportive of the idea that sometimes people need to take things into their own hands. That is TOTALLY a Wilton Knight philosophy. It only makes it more painful to know that he'll be leaving the show soon.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Re: Graiman channels Wilton Knight

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:47 am

Agreed, I think its really dumb to get rid of him...just take out the FBI agents and sever the government connection. DON'T sever the connection to the old show!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 am

Or at least I hope they give us some more depth to his involvement. Supposedly he's our connection to FLAG.....right?

OH OH, I have a cool idea....it just came to me right now. Have Charles come back in future seasons, ala flashbacks. You guys know it would be cool if they did something along the lines of Vincent Price with Edward Scissorhands...sentimental moments on Charles building KITT. It would be so gay cute, I'd puke pink marshmallows.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:00 am

Maybe we should make a petition demanding Charles to stay and Billy/Zoe to go instead of him?
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 am

I want to know why and how did Charles get control of the Foundation. Does he have control of the Foundation? He has a lot of explaining to do before he leaves, and the show better answer us. With all cheese aside... I demand no plot holes for this shows survival.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:40 am

yeah, I can't really figure Graiman out; Is he supposed to be a maverick, or a paranoid robotics engineer? If he knows Alex from the past, and doesn't like him, why is he working with him again? And what does he do at the SCC, anyway?
I'm really sorry BD is going, because I really wanted to see his relationship with Mike explored.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 am

I was half-expecting him to mention how there was "a man about twenty years ago, who did not operate through the usual channels and helped a lot of people". Charles' experience gives him the opportunity to be less partial than, say, Torres, who is the stuck-up fed or Mike, who's completely loose and lost. I'd say with his background, he's pretty much just a scientist who does what he thinks is best for the world. He made a KITT for Wilton twenty years ago, because that's how he thought he'd do good, he made a KARR a lot later for the government, because he thought that's how he'd do good and then he let FBI get their hands on the new KITT, because that's how he thought he'd do good. It makes him at least likeable.

By the way, it's pretty late now that he's leaving, but they missed the chance in the show to portray him as sort of a father figure for Mike. It was implied in the pilot that, with Michael away, Mike essentially grew up with Sarah and Charles. It would make a nice parallel to the pseudo-parental relationship Michael and Wilton had, before Charles left the show.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:18 pm

How much do you think people are paid to do that?

But yeah, I really can't fathom their reasoning for getting rid of him...it's bizarre. He hasn't had much of a purpose in these episodes, but that's because Torres was there. Get rid of the Feds, and he's in charge, he was the one that said "I'm restarting the Foundation." Why the hell are they getting rid of him?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 pm

I still cant fathom out why they are getting rid of the link to TOS or the only possible Devon-like father figure character, makes no sense to me, unless they are planning something?

I guess we'll find out come episode 12-13 and onwards...............

Oh and whoever deleted the spam post and my response, cheers, first ever post Ive had deleted, BTW thats a good thing, I only posted it to be sarcastic :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:33 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:In "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight", Graiman shows a bit of empathy for "Bonnie & Clyde". He seems to be at least somewhat supportive of the idea that sometimes people need to take things into their own hands. That is TOTALLY a Wilton Knight philosophy. It only makes it more painful to know that he'll be leaving the show soon.
Oh Noes! Please tell me it isn't so! I would much rather they get rid of that pesky FBI guy who obviously is shady than Mr Grayman! He designed KITT for crying out loud to be rid of him is moronic.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:25 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Michael Pajaro wrote:In "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight", Graiman shows a bit of empathy for "Bonnie & Clyde". He seems to be at least somewhat supportive of the idea that sometimes people need to take things into their own hands. That is TOTALLY a Wilton Knight philosophy. It only makes it more painful to know that he'll be leaving the show soon.
Oh Noes! Please tell me it isn't so! I would much rather they get rid of that pesky FBI guy who obviously is shady than Mr Grayman! He designed KITT for crying out loud to be rid of him is moronic.
That can be arranged :mrgreen:
http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... o_core.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 pm

Sue wrote:That can be arranged :mrgreen:
http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... o_core.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is of little consolation considering they're still booting Dr Grayman.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:50 am

Well, if he has to go, then I hope he goes out with a BANG! Like bringing back the Hoff and KI2T... I wish... :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 am

BlueChaos wrote:Well, if he has to go, then I hope he goes out with a BANG! Like bringing back the Hoff and KI2T... I wish... :mrgreen:
And whispering on his deathbed that one man can make a difference. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 am

Sue wrote:
BlueChaos wrote:Well, if he has to go, then I hope he goes out with a BANG! Like bringing back the Hoff and KI2T... I wish... :mrgreen:
And whispering on his deathbed that one man can make a difference. :mrgreen:
But sadly this time, it's "two men and one woman (gone) must make a difference" :roll:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:42 am

Two guys, a girl and a talking car? O_o Or I guess two girls... But whatever.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:30 pm

In other words you wish this show cancelled so you can wat your precious TOS reruns over and over and over...

Bringing back KITT2 as it was it makea as much sense as bringing back a commodore 64. The only good thing about that model was the AI. which probably still exists in some shape or form.

Anyway I'm anxious about this so called Reboot. if they just create a complete remake of the 80's show with obsolete 80;s tech and what have you It will only appeal to the current show haters...
KnightINSTINCT wrote:Or at least I hope they give us some more depth to his involvement. Supposedly he's our connection to FLAG.....right?

OH OH, I have a cool idea....it just came to me right now. Have Charles come back in future seasons, ala flashbacks. You guys know it would be cool if they did something along the lines of Vincent Price with Edward Scissorhands...sentimental moments on Charles building KITT. It would be so gay cute, I'd puke pink marshmallows.
That would be useless and futile...

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Sue, I think you were thinking the same thing I was.....They are going to make it a "cause". As in this will make Mike and the rest want to help the little guy. The one man can make a difference theme. Do for Dr. Gaiman's (forgot how to spell it) sake.

If not that is what I was thinking....
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 pm

I in particular am happy with the cast cut because all of them are to squished in and want alot of screen time! and YES they want to reboot it so that it becomes one man and a car to help the innocent the helpless the powerless instead of going after stupid terrorists or some form of BULL S H I T each episode
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show