Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 am

'Rock 'n Roll' was originally a slang term for sex way back in the 50's apparently.
I take back everything I've said about the show being targeted to teenagers, to support it. Who in the production was alive in the '50s?

Thanks for clarifying.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:55 am

So in essence, I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight = I Wanna SEX All Knight, turns out to be: I Wanna HAVE SEX All Knight
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 am

I think this is the worst ep of the series so far for me. Absolutely hated it. My eyes rolled so much they popped out and rolled along the floor!
cloudkitt wrote:..., a field operative simply wouldn't have her boobs hanging out on the job all the time...
I have yet to come across a scientist who displays their cleavage like that. And I know a few big-boobed scientists too!
KRAvengerII wrote:...Sarah can now add "Surgeon" to her list of talents...
This is really peeing me off. Sarah needs to be handcuffed to the SSC unless there's a genuine reason for her to leave it.
knightriderfan80 wrote:First 15-20 minutes was Mike and Sarah riding in KITT and Zoe and Billy screwing around in the Cave watching Mike and Sarah. Not enough action and too much sex crap. Its time to push aside the nonsense and have more action. We need to have better chase sequences too. The camera angles are horrible and hardly shows how fast KITT travels...
All true - if the writers can't do sexual tension properly, they should leave it out completely rather than doing a poor job of it. Anyone remember the tension betweek MK and Bonnie in TOS, first season? That was much better than this!

Kram061-1 wrote:...The tire shoot out was a perfect opportunity for a Turbo Boost...
I was so aching for them to TB and swing the car round to block them.

coach41 wrote:...for the second consecutive episode, we have a SECURITY breach. For a high level and I assume very "top secret" organization, they've had an impostor break in and now a US government official's daughter hacks their systems in a matter of minutes. The guys have to do better with their security. If this were real life, lots of people would get canned for these security breaches...
This is peeing me off too. If it has to have a security breach, then it's gotta be done by someone with enough knowledge of the SSC. Zoe would have been a believable person in the previous ep rather than an imposter. Some spoilt brat shouldn't have been able to touch any of the equipment.
Xebec wrote:...too much about Billy and Zoe....enough with the voyeurism...they had plenty of opportunity to shoot out a leg....was no way Michael should have allowed himself to be shot....Kitt.. should have come zipping around to block their escape...should have been searching for the car ....Why in the world did they bring the girl to the command center?....the green screen effects while driving Kitt were really quite bad.
I agree with every single statement you made there. Billy and Zoe need to go. Voyeurism - I'd be peeved to high hell if someone was watching me. They should leave the screen up on the dash for as long as comms are open. Plus how did they get some of the views on the monitors at the SSC? In the 80s, it wasn't a huge matter but in this day and age, you have to make it more believable.
Tony P Knight Driver wrote:...second time someone has said to Micheal "you don't know who you work for"...Combine that with Dr.Graimens comment tonight "maybe we are the ones in a hot car blowing stuff up" and past comments like "one day mikes going to remember and then hes going to come after you" could lead to the "Reboot". Perhaps Micheal and KITT find out who they work for isnt the government or FLAG, and expose the whole operation. Leaving them to return to the roots of the show?
This is very interesting. I think there needs to be a 2 or 3-parter here that shows Torres' relationship with Mike and the SSC, and Graiman with KARR. The potential is there for a masterpiece of writing and directing. Trouble is, I don't think the current crew is up to the job!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 am

First 15-20 minutes was Mike and Sarah riding in KITT and Zoe and Billy screwing around in the Cave watching Mike and Sarah. Not enough action and too much sex crap. Its time to push aside the nonsense and have more action. We need to have better chase sequences too. The camera angles are horrible and hardly shows how fast KITT travels...
Regarding the camera angles during a chase scene, I noticed that too. Their budget is limited, which sucks!!!

GST was the producer of the fast and the furious movies and if anyone knows how to shoot a scene with cars it's him! In Knight Rider however it doesn't seem that way because all we get to see is Mike in the cockpit and some occasional filming from the outside which does not look very thrilling when put together.

I still can't see how Mike is able to view the road when Kitt is presenting data and telephone conversations on the windshield! In fact most of the time his eye's are not even focused on the road or the surroundings but inside the car.

And please get rid of the attack mode! It looks like a toy!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:03 am

I was so aching for them to TB and swing the car round to block them.
Turbo Boost was probably the first thing that came to everyone's mind here, but in all fairness, Mike and KITT were seeking the safest course of action. If they had Turbo Boosted in front of the car, at the speed Max and what's-her-name were going, in a road that narrow, they could've injured them severely, if not kill them altogether.

KAISER
Volunteer

Post by KAISER » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 am

Knight-Armen wrote:And please get rid of the attack mode! It looks like a toy!
Hi, this is my first post! :)

I don't mind about attack mode, but I DO mind about KR Mustang logo attached to the seats, under the body part, and under the doors part :(

They just make KI3T so ridiculous because KI3T is an undercover vehicle, it is not necessary to put any logo on it!

About this episode, well, too pointless, but I like the covering bomb part! :)

When the SKI Mode will be use? The Mustang seem a little hard to do it if I say, but I hope it's not another visual FX :(

Sorry for my bad English :)
I am the Knight Artificial Intelligence for Stealth Espionage Rover. KAISER, if you prefer.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:36 am

KAISER wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:And please get rid of the attack mode! It looks like a toy!
Hi, this is my first post! :)

I don't mind about attack mode, but I DO mind about KR Mustang logo attached to the seats, under the body part, and under the doors part :(

They just make KI3T so ridiculous because KI3T is an undercover vehicle, it is not necessary to put any logo on it!

About this episode, well, too pointless, but I like the covering bomb part! :)

When the SKI Mode will be use? The Mustang seem a little hard to do it if I say, but I hope it's not another visual FX :(

Sorry for my bad English :)
Hi and welcome to KRO!

I think the majority would agree regarding the KR logo's.

Ski Mode is being planned to return

from Knight Writers blog , read the full article here http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/2008/10 ... wers_1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Is KITT ever going to drive on 2 wheels?
The writers are working on getting him on two wheels in an episode."

Chances are it will be CGI, of course now that they are re-booting the show (again) and cutting some actors, there could be more of a budget to make some stunt cars and do it practical (fingers crossed)

Nobody knows for sure whats going on with the series, most of the info floating about is based on speculation right now, heres hoping for some official announcements soon.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:08 am

Is it my imagination or did the trailer for this episode have Billy saying,"They just downloaded kitt's files".I thought this was going to be more of an episode where kitt gets hijacked and used for evil.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:41 am

NeoRanger wrote:
'Rock 'n Roll' was originally a slang term for sex way back in the 50's apparently.
I take back everything I've said about the show being targeted to teenagers, to support it. Who in the production was alive in the '50s?

Thanks for clarifying.
Makes sense also with using the title of the Kiss song as well. They certainly weren't talking about making music. ;)
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

chumlee
Volunteer

Post by chumlee » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:53 pm

To everyone who keeps saying Sarah has big boobs, she is probably a B cup at most and everyone I know considers that small. If it weren’t for the invention of the wonder bra she wouldn’t be able to show off any cleavage at all lol. Kind of shows how desperate her character is for attention trying so hard to show off what she aint got. Throw a set of Ds maybe a C cup on her and then she would have something to show. She does however have a great ass. Maybe she should show that off cause at least that would be something to stare at lol.

original_cruz
Volunteer

Post by original_cruz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Umbragom wrote:The latest episode wasn't as awful as the Halloween/KARR one, that's true, but that's like saying urine on your shoes is better then crap on your shoes. Or that choking to death is better then burning to death.
That quote came from a user on IMDb.com, and pretty much left me nodding my head after having watched the latest episode and reading the comment.

"IWR&RAK" confirmed to me why having Sarah as a regular in the series is a mistake. I like the character (as she was originally conceived), the actress that portrays her is beautiful and smart, but she just doesn't fit as being a regular cast character. Having the love interest there so often takes away from the show's core mythos about "a brave man, his 'steed', and his mission to protect others from evil." Sarah's presence in the pilot was acceptable, but she should not have appeared in the role of a buttkicking crime fighter alongside Mike (that's what KI3T is for!). She should, instead, have been the "Bonnie" of the show, helping to maintain KI3T, gathering intelligence (maybe sometimes sneaking into hostile territory or act as some kind of attractive badguy distraction to help Mike once in a great while), and as someone with a life of her own (Mike did leave her behind to go to Iraq...she couldn't find love elsewhere in all that time? Love triangles make good drama if handled correctly). But being this badass Xena Warrior Princess fighting type with a gun just doesn't suit her at all.

In TOS, KI2T and Michael shared equally in their importance of being heroes on that show. Here in the new KR, KI3T is really the only one that seems to get what the whole Knight concept is all about when he and Mike watch that clip of an old John Wayne movie (one of the best moments of the whole TV series thus far, imo).

And for the love of Glen A. Larson...if we're gonna have prime time cheese, at least make it the fun cheese from TOS with suspenseful stories and deadly serious villains that don't pretend to be Bonnie & Clyde. Not this juvenile teen crush drama crap coupled with a lame pair of villains that break into government supercomputers with the flip of a switch, and another lame pair of surveillance geeks that obviously make way too much money to spend on childish bets that half the viewing audience doesn't even care about! :x
Last edited by original_cruz on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:04 pm

seankemp wrote:To everyone who keeps saying Sarah has big boobs, she is probably a B cup at most and everyone I know considers that small. If it weren’t for the invention of the wonder bra she wouldn’t be able to show off any cleavage at all lol. Kind of shows how desperate her character is for attention trying so hard to show off what she aint got. Throw a set of Ds maybe a C cup on her and then she would have something to show. She does however have a great ass. Maybe she should show that off cause at least that would be something to stare at lol.

No one in this topic has said she has big boobs and certainly doesn't need to "throw a set of Ds or a C cup on her" and that's as far as I'm gonna go with this....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:31 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
seankemp wrote:To everyone who keeps saying Sarah has big boobs, she is probably a B cup at most and everyone I know considers that small. If it weren’t for the invention of the wonder bra she wouldn’t be able to show off any cleavage at all lol. Kind of shows how desperate her character is for attention trying so hard to show off what she aint got. Throw a set of Ds maybe a C cup on her and then she would have something to show. She does however have a great ass. Maybe she should show that off cause at least that would be something to stare at lol.

No one in this topic has said she has big boobs and certainly doesn't need to "throw a set of Ds or a C cup on her" and that's as far as I'm gonna go with this....
Thanks Phoenix I couldn't agree more.
Yeah, uh.. wow.. that was quite the comment there.
But just in case Deanna is reading.. you are beautiful just the way you are and I think most everyone else will agree with me on that.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Regarding the camera angles during a chase scene, I noticed that too. Their budget is limited, which sucks!!!
Did the old show really have that much more of a budget? They had at least two legitimate chase sequences per episode.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:Regarding the camera angles during a chase scene, I noticed that too. Their budget is limited, which sucks!!!
Did the old show really have that much more of a budget? They had at least two legitimate chase sequences per episode.
Everything was a lot cheaper in the 80's...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Well, things certainly were a lot cheaper 22+ years ago... Not to mention they didn't have to worry about getting their car wrecked since they had a dozen of them. I don't think they even have one stunt car in this show, aside from maybe for Attack Mode.

EDIT: Haha, beat me to it. :mrgreen:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Did the old show really have that much more of a budget?
No. I don't ever recall saying that!

What I'm saying is that the new show has a very small budget and most of the "misfortunes" (if you will) are probably a result of that.

Having that said, you can't compare the budget they have now from the one in the 80's TV show. They value was completely different back then. A $100 was worth a lot more in terms of value that it is now.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:26 pm

OK in regards to Mike and his gun use and to those that are now complaining because he is not a clone of Michael Knight Sr I say to thee get real will you? When a son has been an exact duplicate of his father? Mike Traceur now known as Miichael Knight was a freaking Marine remember. He will always think like a jarhead and not like the scheming former thief his father was. :roll:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:37 pm

If their budget allowed them wrecking a TransAm every other episode, then it was big enough. Obviously, the new production can't afford anywhere near that.
He will always think like a jarhead and not like the scheming former thief his father was.
Ahem, wasn't Michael a cop of sorts? And hadn't he served in a war as well?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:48 pm

NeoRanger wrote:If their budget allowed them wrecking a TransAm every other episode, then it was big enough. Obviously, the new production can't afford anywhere near that.
Seriously dude, even then there were ways to get a cheap car and change the outer appearance to make it look like a Transam, do you honestly think anyone even at that time would have spent billions of dollars worth in thousands of Transams for a TV show of all things? Wake up! :roll:
NeoRanger wrote:Ahem, wasn't Michael a cop of sorts? And hadn't he served in a war as well?
No he wasn't orignallly he was shady, he was either a dirty cop or a car thief. Michael Knight Sr was not originally the angel you picture him of being by no stretch of the imagination. And no he never served in the military, Not a single episode in the TOS made reference to him serving in Vietnam or anything like that...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:05 pm

NeoRanger wrote:
If their budget allowed them wrecking a TransAm every other episode, then it was big enough. Obviously, the new production can't afford anywhere near that.
Most of the Trans-Ams they had on the show they got for either free or very close to it because they were cars Pontiac couldn't sell due to either some train accident or flooding, I've heard both and I can't remember which one it was. So it's not like they had such a big budget that they could buy them left and right.

Then of course there was the fiber glass shells they made for the stunts also, mainly Turbo Boost... Which is a lot cheaper and it does seem like they could do something similar. Only thing is that I dunno how many stunt people these days would want to actually do the stunt seeing how it wrecked the bodies of the stunt drivers, especially their backs.

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:41 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Ahem, wasn't Michael a cop of sorts? And hadn't he served in a war as well?
No he wasn't orignallly he was shady, he was either a dirty cop or a car thief. Michael Knight Sr was not originally the angel you picture him of being by no stretch of the imagination. And no he never served in the military, Not a single episode in the TOS made reference to him serving in Vietnam or anything like that...
Sometimes the background facts in the episodes can be missed... :wink: He did serve time in the military...

http://knightriderarchive.com/krtos/cast/michael.html

Another source:

http://knightridercollective.com/profile/michaelbio.htm

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:31 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Then of course there was the fiber glass shells they made for the stunts also, mainly Turbo Boost... Which is a lot cheaper and it does seem like they could do something similar. Only thing is that I dunno how many stunt people these days would want to actually do the stunt seeing how it wrecked the bodies of the stunt drivers, especially their backs.
In the Season 1 set interview Jack Gill said they eventually rigged up a harness in which you were basically "bungee'd" to the roof of the car, the damage happened in the early seasons before they came up with that. And it's not like cars aren't jumped anymore.

They had, as you said, shells to put on the Trans Ams to protect the jump car and when people would beat on it or something (which that actually haven't shown yet now that I think about it). Also, as someone else said, you could just get black Mustangs and do them up to look enough like KITT to perform a stunt. I know dollars were worth more in the 80s, I haven't been living under a rock, but I mean I would imagine their budgets are proportional, no? It's not like shows have had a set $10,000 since the 80s, budgets have gone up accordingly.

My only point is, budget is not an excuse for their lack of chase scenes.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Most of the Trans-Ams they had on the show they got for either free or very close to it because they were cars Pontiac couldn't sell due to either some train accident or flooding, I've heard both and I can't remember which one it was. So it's not like they had such a big budget that they could buy them left and right.
No, but they could wreck them in stunts, because they were free. Do they get that luxury with the Mustang?
Michael Knight Sr was not originally the angel you picture him of being by no stretch of the imagination.
The "angel" I picture him? I assure you, whenever I picture "angels", they don't look like David Hasselhoff. I haven't seen the original series in a quite long time, but I have no recollection of a "thief"; I seem to remember an undercover op he was involved in when he was killed.

And I do recall clearly the military aspect as something that plastic surgeon mentioned to Wilton in "Knight of the Phoenix", right before they took the bandages off his face.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:42 pm

PunkMaister wrote:OK in regards to Mike and his gun use and to those that are now complaining because he is not a clone of Michael Knight Sr I say to thee get real will you? When a son has been an exact duplicate of his father? Mike Traceur now known as Miichael Knight was a freaking Marine remember. He will always think like a jarhead and not like the scheming former thief his father was. :roll:
Punkmaister, this is not Viper....