Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Amir
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Post by Amir » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 am

Kram061-1 wrote:That's been one of the biggest problems with this show all along.
Definately, but this time it actually took as much time as the mission itself, and that didn't happen yet. Even not on Knight of the Iguana.

Actually, there was one really good moment I forgot, and that's KITT and Mike shooting simultaneously at the tyres. Unfortunately the writers are struggling to realise THAT'S the important relationship in the show and the real partnership, not Mike and Sarah. I mean, twice we had a Mike-Sarah confrontation with Max and what's her name. Great, call it the new James Bond and get it over with. Where's KITT? That's not Knight Rider.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:39 am

Calling David Hasselhoff. This time it's KITT saying 'Michael, I need you'.
Well, Kitt would have to be a little more specific now that both Hasselhoff and Bruening are Michael Knight! Besides, if Hasselhoff would join this show how will they differentiate between him and Justin when they have the exact same names - Michael Knight 1 and 2?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:47 am

Michael and Mike of course.

You know, SCC and everything right now is a shining example of government how dumb and inefficient our government is, heh. But unfortunately, I doubt that's intentional...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 am

You know, SCC and everything right now is a shining example of government how dumb and inefficient our government is, heh. But unfortunately, I doubt that's intentional...
Hahaha! Spot on... :good:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:18 am

Besides, if Hasselhoff would join this show how will they differentiate between him and Justin when they have the exact same names - Michael Knight 1 and 2?
So far as KITT goes, I imagine he'd refer to Michael as "Mr. Knight".

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:46 am

This episode opened my eyes...
You might recognise Sulu and Chekov from STAR TREK... the two guys in front of the Enterprise main screen. Did anyone noticed how much Zoe and Billy resemble them? ...little more than fooling around in the Cave/at the Bridge watching Mike and Sarah/the stars ... an Asian and a buffoon secure the same seats. KI3T/Kirk on the center seat. Torres as Mr. Spock, Revai as Uhura, Graiman as Scotty... Gosh, the SSC is the Enterprise.
Capn, Capn...I don't know what that is...
Capn, Capn...I don't know what that is...
KR-Trek a.jpg (183.22 KiB) Viewed 18242 times
Zoe and Billy at the helm...
Zoe and Billy at the helm...
KR-Trek b.jpg (214.32 KiB) Viewed 18242 times

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 pm

It didnt feel like old KR this week but unlike other posters, I didnt hate this episode.

I really like the Billy/Zoe sub plot.

Unfortunately the episodes are starting to feel like the end of season 4 TOS where they found out half way through production that the series was being cancelled and they kind of gave up on the quality and stunts etc.

What's happened to the all the turbo boosts we were promised? GST even said there would be so many that the audience would say "quit makin' the car jump already...."

I did like the further hints about the darker side of the SSC's connections with the government, that is shaping up quite nicely...

7/10 for me on this one...

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 pm

It sure would be nice to know that thew writers might peek in here from time to time, and take notes...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:24 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:What's happened to the all the turbo boosts we were promised? GST even said there would be so many that the audience would say "quit makin' the car jump already...."
That is kinda strange. I mean they are airing in a different order than they filmed them. So maybe one of these episodes is gonna have like 4 turbo boosts in it, who knows.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
pheonix_knight wrote:What's happened to the all the turbo boosts we were promised? GST even said there would be so many that the audience would say "quit makin' the car jump already...."
That is kinda strange. I mean they are airing in a different order than they filmed them. So maybe one of these episodes is gonna have like 4 turbo boosts in it, who knows.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I belive in episode 10 (dont stop the knight), there are 2 turbo boosts in the begining....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Unfortunately the episodes are starting to feel like the end of season 4 TOS where they found out half way through production that the series was being cancelled and they kind of gave up on the quality and stunts etc.
I can't believe you said that! How are the episodes in the new show similar to that of season 4 in TOS? Season 4 was without dubt Knight Rider at it's best even though the ratings didn't comply but that was because people had enough of Knight Rider, not the fact that they spent another $250 000 to make it better! I don't believe the stunts got worse, in fact I think they got even better as the show progressed during the season.

The new show is trying to get in speed with the old Knight Rider but as long as they are progressing in this manner they won't. This has been adressed before, a talking car isn't that amazing anymore as we have similar things to that, like the GPS.

I don't care if people didn't watch Knight Rider before it was cancelled. TOS peaked with season 4 and the new show is far from that.

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:25 pm

FINALLY got to watch the new ep. Damn but my internet was slow this week. All around, a kind of 'blah' episode. The 'government lies' angle on the Bonnie and Clyde was played, but the sexing up between Mike/Sarah and Zoe/Billy was fun to watch. KITT's continuing quest to understand humans was, as always, entertaining. I can't really say more on this episode because it just didn't grab my attention. Though it was cool to see the dude who played Tommy Dawkins on 'Big Wolf on Campus' as Max. I used to love that show. And another reference to the fact Mike doesn't have a clear picture of who he works for or what is really going on. If this plays into why the writer's are removing Carey, Dr. Graiman and Torres, it MIGHT make it a more interesting backstory.

'I Wanna Rock and Roll All Knight' ---> 3.5 of 5 Turbo Boosts!! :roll:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Oh yeah, by the way, what's up with the title? What does it reference to, in the episode?

TheGunheart
Volunteer

Post by TheGunheart » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Also, one other thing that's really getting on my nerves is how whenever they confront this week's villain, Mile always gets out of KITT and points a little handgun at them. Now, this makes sense when he has to enter a building, but why do this on the road? In Knight of the Hunter, those guys could've gunned him down in the time it took KITT to transform and fire those missiles.

Plus, giving KITT weapons has only made the fact that they rarely ever use them even worse. Like in the first episode, where he just SITS THERE while that woman kicks Mike's ass and takes the code guy.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm

TheGunheart wrote:Plus, giving KITT weapons has only made the fact that they rarely ever use them even worse. Like in the first episode, where he just SITS THERE while that woman kicks Mike's ass and takes the code guy.
That has bugged me. I didn't even know he had weapons back then, but the least KITT could have done would be to cut off the car, or disable it in some fashion.

That said, the old show often did stuff inconsistently in the interest of keeping things interesting. Couldn't KITT have microlocked the brakes of any car they ever had to chase? (The difference being, the old show's chase scenes were actually interesting)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:44 pm

I don't particularly enjoy the weapons on KITT either. I don't mind them really, either, but I can't say it feels particularly neat. They didn't feel all that cool back in TKR, either. They're much too easy solutions, which will either appear cheap, if they're used too much, or they will cause inconsistencies.

Take this week's episode. KITT uses his laser gun to blast that lock open. It was strange that in both cases the villains were holding guns, KITT didn't just ride in and zap them out of their hands. And even if he had, it'd make this an easy solution for every such situation. Why not disregard the weapons altogether (at least the small ones)? They could fake an electronic lock on the door and have KITT pick it. Or have a regular one and have Mike pick it (lock picks *are* cool and consistent with the super-spy idea). All for the fun-don't-think-too-much kind of show, but this kind of stood out.

I do think it weird for a super-car of today to not carry any weaponry, at least as long as it's government-owned and funded, but limit it to the rockets, for the bigger stuff, or just add one weapon, anything, that would be viewed as a last resort and would draw too much power to use on regular basis.

VirginiaKnight
Stranger

Post by VirginiaKnight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:23 pm

All in all I'm kind of torn 50/50 on this Ep. While in a way it paid homage to the original series with KI3T driving over the C4, it's as if there is a die hard original series fan and a new series fan duking it out in an attempt to put in more from the original series and keep the cheesy KR2008 crap and this was their compromise....... Kudos on KI3T and Mike taking those tire shots at the same time. Oh and in defense of the cheesy Mike/Sarah scenes... I am not a fan of them, but now my wife will finally watch Knight Rider with me because she's into it for the romance aspect, so maybe tone it down a bit, but don't get rid of it, or my wife will start complaining about me watching Knight Rider again :lol:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:05 pm

I dunno if I'd call that romance, it was two characters that just really need to get laid or find some other method of releasing their tension. Sarah's birthday scene at the end of Knight of the Hunter, I actually thought it was nice touch. Hell, IMO one of the best scenes (and I don't have many) and maybe the best of Knight in Shining Armor was KITT at the end watching Mike and Sarah, commenting on how they make a handsome couple as they walk into the gym. I like the fact that in A Hard Days Knight they didn't go all Smallville and make Sarah whine about how Mike isn't there for her when he's off doing something more important than some person's wedding. Then again, I didn't care for the other failed attempt at creating tension in Knight of the Iguana either.

I have no problems with the Mike/Sarah relationship, especially if it gives Mike the stability (though he's still obviously his father's son) that his father never managed to have after he "died" and became Michael Knight and when perhaps he might have found it in his former fiance and we know how that ended. But it's just something that should not be the focus of the show or a driving force behind it like it has been with so many other shows over the years that have done the whole "dance", I dunno if you could even call it that since the characters have already been together, even if we didn't see it.

Now before I go off writing a big ass paragraph on how I'd like to see a future story element in place I'll leave it here and post somewhere a little more on topic. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

chumlee
Volunteer

Post by chumlee » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Max Hunter

A question about Max Hunter played by Brandon Quinn, he played the spoiled brats girlfriend in the last episode. However it is said he also played a part in the episode (Knight of the Living Dead) aired the week before.

Is it just me or does anyone else not remember seeing him anywhere in that episode? And if he was shown where in the show was it?

I don’t know if anyone else posted this question so if they did please forgive me and please don’t think I’m dumb. I just don’t always read every post and there is a chance I missed it.

chumlee
Volunteer

Post by chumlee » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:Some excellent points made.

I'm not quite sure I liked the gun angle. Sure Mike and Sarah need to protect themselves, but with all the technology of the SSC they are carrying guns with bullets that could kill.

When did Michael Knight ever carry a gun with him, whatever the odds were? He didn't have one when he was looking for terrorists, these kids were just arsonists and thieves for some internet site, who only shot when they were provoked by Mike and Sarah.

And Mike didn't even know the situation Sarah was in, he just told her to shoot them with live bullets??? The more I think about it, the more I think you could not get any further from Hasselhoffs Michael Knight, and that was not the character I've been watching the last few episodes.

There are just some things that don't feel right. Michael Knight should never have a gun (except under extreme life and death situations) nor ask any of his comrades to shoot someone else.

Thoughts?
Like I said earlier, the original Michael Knight and Kitt were a lot tougher. They didn’t have all the technology that they use in the new series and they didn’t have all the help. If you remove all the extra technology, the extra hands and partners and put them on the same playing field that he original Michael Knight and kit were in. Would they do as good of job as the originals would have?

I also agree with what was said about using guns and bullets that could kill. Wasn’t the purpose of F.L.A.G and the Knight foundation to preserve human life at all cost? They are too trigger happy and ready to kill people in this series which was not at all what the original theory behind knight rider was suppose to be.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:48 pm

NeoRanger wrote:Oh yeah, by the way, what's up with the title? What does it reference to, in the episode?
'Rock 'n Roll' was originally a slang term for sex way back in the 50's apparently.

So I would guess it was to do with the sexual tension that was played out in the episode

chumlee
Volunteer

Post by chumlee » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Iceberg_Rules wrote:Does any one know who the actor is who played Congressman Childres on this episode? He looks familiar, but I can't seem to find any info on who he is to see what it is I recognize him from.

Thanks in advance.
His name is John Allen Nelson. He’s been on a few TV shows and movies. Here are some links that help you.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0625482/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Nelson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At first I thought he was the driver in the TV show Viper. But that was James McCaffrey,

There is another show I wish they would put on DVD along with Cobra, Street Hawk, Ninja and Blue Thunder. Does anyone remember those?

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 pm

FYI_ Blue Thunder IS on DVD.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

bson
Volunteer

Post by bson » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:25 pm

All of you complaining about Michael Knight using a gun are missing the point. All the bad guy has to do is say "Drop your gun" and Michael drops it like he was holding a venemous snake. Ex-special forces my a**. If the military was full of people like him in WWII, we would all be speaking German. The writers of this show really need to man up this character and get rid of the goofball grinning idiot he is now. I agree with others. The original Michael Knight didn't carry a gun. KITT was his weapon and backup and the original Michael Knight was a man who could handle himself without videoconferencing the whole freakin episode. Also, he didn't have to ride around with a woman on every mission who looks more like a hooker he just picked than a scientist. It's time to get rid of the boy and bring in the man.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 am

they need to do stunts and turbo boost, and change the dash and steering wheel. and the stupid comedy routine with billy and zoe is getting played out and rediculous, and the childish romance scenes with mike and sarah is getting on my nerves. the writers and directors need to get more serious about the content of this show or it wont last more than a season. bring on the hoff!!!!!
in glen larson we trust.