News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cajunknight0153
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 pm

im sure they'll call them by their first names like they already do, i mean they don't call Michael Jr. Michael, they call him Mike and im sure they'll just call Michael, Sr. Michael

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Personally I would like to see KI2T, don't shoot me for this, not necessarily as a car but perhaps as the AI for the new complex if there is one. I mean has anyone watched Eureka, the AI Sarah for the house is awesome (and the fact that it is an underground bunker makes it my dream house).

Actually, I think that would be a great twist for the show. Have KARR destroy the current complex and put Hoff in the Devon role, move the operation to a smaller underground bunker run and managed by the KI2T AI, with a garage for KATIE and LISA and KI3T.

But I digress...I would be nice to see the Hoff back, it would definitely boost ratings not just with TOS fans b/c he is after all the Hoff.
:karr:
Looking for TKR!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am

That's a good idea. Reminds me of the AI of the Starship from the show "Andromeda" starred by Kevin Sorbo.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:40 am

KI2T as the AI for the SSC? Awful idea, at least it wouldn't work for me. Plus that was done in Team Knight Rider, and I didn't like it back there either.
KITT has to be mobile, so a car is the best option.
But hey, I can live with only having Ki3T around. So before you use KI2T without William Daniels don't use him.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:43 am

Oooh, another reboot!

If it does come to fruition, then this will be the most rebooted series ever made.

Why couldn't they have taken a bit of time and conceptualised it all properly before throwing themselves into a rushed production with no consistency?

It was barely a year ago we even knew it was coming back.

Now I know NBC wanted to cash in on the whole Transformers wave but some series can take several years to make it to screen and with a Transformers II on the horizon, I don't think they'd have missed the boat if they'd hung on a year, got everything planned out and then stuck to those plans - be it with or without Hasselhoff.

It makes for incredibly uncomfortable viewing o fthe series, knowing so much is about to change and not knowing which way it's going to go.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:14 am

Garthe Knight wrote:KI2T as the AI for the SSC? Awful idea, at least it wouldn't work for me. Plus that was done in Team Knight Rider, and I didn't like it back there either.
KITT has to be mobile, so a car is the best option.
But hey, I can live with only having Ki3T around. So before you use KI2T without William Daniels don't use him.
Ki2t was originally online at the Pentagon as part of the mainframe. He was installed in the 'knight 2000 later on...

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:26 am

I wouldn't have a problem with this KITT being the same KITT, but upgraded. Now with Graiman on his way out, this would be the link to TOS. :dash:

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 am

I for one would love to see him back at the head of FLAG... it would only seem right after, say, the passing of Devon and whatnot. I don't know if I'd like to see him ALL the time... but the arc that is to feature him could be that bridge to him returning. As the FBI agents are going to be sent packing, and if Charles is in fact going to die or be put in a coma as "Sarah's tragedy back home" statement kinda points to... right now I can't think of anything else that would be as hard as a hit as that. Then for the reboot, agents are gone, David comes back to take the leader role and decides to make FLAG more like it was in the beginning.

We'll see, I won't hold my breath...

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:08 am

Ki2t was originally online at the Pentagon as part of the mainframe. He was installed in the 'knight 2000 later on...
Is that fanon, or canon?
Kram061-1 wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with this KITT being the same KITT, but upgraded. Now with Graiman on his way out, this would be the link to TOS. :dash:
Sadly, given the behavior of the new KITT, I'd say it's more of a downgrade. The original was much more intuitive, much earlier on. I think Trissybabes summed up a lot of what I'm thinking.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:15 am

Is that fanon, or canon?
It's canon. KITT mentions it at some point... not sure about the episode, though.
Sadly, given the behavior of the new KITT, I'd say it's more of a downgrade
You mean how he actually acts like a computer? Yes, it's awful. Computer cars should never act like computers.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:20 am

It's canon. KITT mentions it at some point... not sure about the episode, though.

I remember seeing it mentioned in fics, but not the show. I think I'll hold off on believing this one until someone can direct me to which episode it is. :wink:
You mean how he actually acts like a computer? Yes, it's awful. Computer cars should never act like computers.
You're not understanding my point. In the original series, KITT was, as I've said, much more intuitive and emotional than the new KITT. There's nothing wrong with the new KITT's behavior, but if people are trying to say that the original has been uploaded into him, then I would think that he'd have more of an emotional awareness and understanding than he has. Unless of course, as was mentioned in the Halloween ep, only the details were uploaded, rather than the essence behind the original's experiences. If that's the case, I would be sorely disappointed because that would mean the KI2T has been lost, reduced to facts rather than personality.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:04 pm

It's mentioned in either Goliath Returns part one or two.

I would much prefer the two KITTs remain their own entities..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

R.E.V
Volunteer

Post by R.E.V » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Ratings are gonna Turbo Boost!

This news made my day :D

:kittconv:
Now that's just wonderful. You stick me in mothballs for nearly a decade, and then you sell my parts like I'm inventory for Manny, Moe and Jack.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's mentioned in either Goliath Returns part one or two.

I would much prefer the two KITTs remain their own entities..
Excellent, thank you! :) I know which ep I'll be watching this weekend. 8)

And I completely agree.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

vespurrs wrote: You're not understanding my point. In the original series, KITT was, as I've said, much more intuitive and emotional than the new KITT. There's nothing wrong with the new KITT's behavior, but if people are trying to say that the original has been uploaded into him, then I would think that he'd have more of an emotional awareness and understanding than he has. Unless of course, as was mentioned in the Halloween ep, only the details were uploaded, rather than the essence behind the original's experiences. If that's the case, I would be sorely disappointed because that would mean the KI2T has been lost, reduced to facts rather than personality.
Ah, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post. I didn't realize it was in regard to KI2T. I'm in favor of the two being separate entities as well.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 pm

KITT as a t/a and KITT as a mustang ARE separate entities

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:45 pm

http://www.tvjab.com/david-hasselhoff-t ... full-time/
Here's an article from TVJab dated yesterday about the Hoff returning to KR.
:kitt: :kitt2: :dash4:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Ah, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post. I didn't realize it was in regard to KI2T. I'm in favor of the two being separate entities as well.
:) Not a problem. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself more clearly. I think it does neither character justice to want to see them combined.
pheonix_knight wrote:KITT as a t/a and KITT as a mustang ARE separate entities
Yes, they are, and I am very glad of that.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 pm

vespurrs wrote:

:good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVRzU4QvlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 pm

taoworm2323 wrote::good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVRzU4QvlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :good:
Interesting... huh. Is KR2K considered canon anymore? LOL, or was it EVER considered canon? :roll:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Hmm, just saw this:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/11/14/mo ... -kitt/8130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't read it yet though...

EDIT: Okay, read it... I have no idea who "Nick C" is so can't really take anything there. But it does lead to a, well can't call it a discussion, as to who would have a better chance of saving the show, Hasselhoff or William Daniels. I think, it's sort of like what one of them said, the only ones that can really save it are the writers getting their **** together.

I really do think that one of the big sticking points with Hasselhoff is the issue of creative control as well as perhaps a producer credit and NBC not wanting to give it to him. Though with the way things have gone they might be starting to bend. I really don't see WD taking a full time role with the series though.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 pm

vespurrs wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote::good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVRzU4QvlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :good:
Interesting... huh. Is KR2K considered canon anymore? LOL, or was it EVER considered canon? :roll:

Not by me it wasn't. I was nine or ten when that TV movie came out and it depressed the hell out of me, not to mention made me angry.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:18 pm

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/11/14/mo ... -kitt/8130
BRING BACK KITT!If they do bring back KITT,I'd rather have him in a mustang than as something else.I call using the Mustang a secondary choice.It's a lot better than making it a robot like KARR,or something else.Maybe they can use a vintage Mustang or a vintage Cobra? :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:39 pm

vespurrs wrote:
KITT doesn't say that in Knight Rider 2000. He says it, as Sue informed me the other week, in Goliath Returns, season two, part one. Time index 15 minutes and 28 seconds. So yes, KITT going online in Washington is canon.
Last edited by cloudkitt on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:41 pm

cloudkitt wrote:KITT doesn't say that in Knight Rider 2000. He says it, as Sue informed me the other week, in Goliath Returns, season two. Time index 15 minutes and something. So yes, KITT going online in the Pentagon is canon.
So it IS Goliath Returns. Thank you muchly! :D