Nielson Ratings for "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Nielson Ratings for "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight"

Post by Radicalas » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

Yesterday's episode ratings: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/11/13/ea ... pport/8037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's as bad as week ago, Knight Rider’s 3.3/5.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Re: Nielson Ratings for "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight"

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:43 am

Ugh, I think the ratings are not going to rise again before the "reboot", as word about it have spread out, I think not a lot of people is going to watch Knight Rider anymore before the "reboot". Bad news...
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 am

I think it was up against some fierce competition, including the CMA Awards. Hopefully next week when the schedule normalizes things will pick up.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 am

To gain perspective, how did Bones do?

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Bones got 6.4/10 which is double of what we have here.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow...we got beat in the demo by the CW....i'm fearful of KR's future.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm

We did do better than last week, although not by much. We beat the Univision show that won last week - so thats a plus. Also - America's next top model beat us in the m/f 18-49 demo - but I'm sure we still did well in the male demo which we had been doing all along.

Still - they leave something to be desired. Here is a chart of the viewers to date.
Attachments
kr_ratings1112.jpg
kr_ratings1112.jpg (35.34 KiB) Viewed 15166 times

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks alot Obama!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Is there any particular reason why NBC isn't advertising KR? I haven't seen a commercial for it in at least a month. That stupid political infomercial certainly killed the momentum, didn't it.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

I never ever get the chance to watch the actual TV, so I have no clue if they slowed the marketing campaign for the show or not. I am however, used to seeing KRO feature previews for next weeks episode, and that ceased about the same time YOUTUBE pulled their account. My belief is this show depends on the internet viewers about as much as the TV viewers. Does anyone have the inside scoop yet if they even monitor their online viewers or not? Does it matter? Seriously, does our digital cable boxes seriously throw any input out to the Nielsens or not?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

I watched the entire Monday night line-up in real time (not skipping commercials) and there was plenty of promotion for KR, and the whole Wed night/crime night line-up. They also promoted during the Sunday football game, which is the only NBC program that draws more that 10 million viewers at this point.

One problem the network has is, as fewer people watch, how do they promote their shows? Maybe they should start running ads on CBS.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Even though I bitched about it on Thursday last week, I did see it during Sunday night football as well as Monday (backing up Shapeshifter here). I even heard a commercial for the Wednesday lineup yesterday on the radio.

Though I think NBCs biggest night is still Thursday - and it wasn't there at all last week. Will be interesting to see it tonight.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Knight316 wrote:Thanks alot Obama!
Hey don't blame "Obama" :evil:
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:01 pm

neps wrote:We did do better than last week, although not by much. We beat the Univision show that won last week - so thats a plus. Also - America's next top model beat us in the m/f 18-49 demo - but I'm sure we still did well in the male demo which we had been doing all along.
Still - they leave something to be desired. Here is a chart of the viewers to date.
Now put another line in there for number of turbo boosts per episode I'd like to analyze the direct correlation :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:03 pm

I hope that the shows starts to improve...i still feel like the don't advertise enough through the week if they dropped as many commercials for knight rider as they did valtrex maybe the show would have better ratings...you have to know its there to tune in :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:12 pm

I have a feeling that we won't see a "advertising blitz" until the time the "reboot" comes about.

"Our bad, we don't know what the hell we're doing, please come back and check out the ALL NEW, well sorta KINDA NEW, KNIGHT RIDER!" :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Sue wrote:
neps wrote:We did do better than last week, although not by much. We beat the Univision show that won last week - so thats a plus. Also - America's next top model beat us in the m/f 18-49 demo - but I'm sure we still did well in the male demo which we had been doing all along.
Now put another line in there for number of turbo boosts per episode I'd like to analyze the direct correlation :mrgreen:
I hope they're saving Turbo Boost for a reason? :?

What is it about seeing the ratings in a graph format that makes it seem worse than just numbers?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:49 pm

My thinking is still that because of the Obama event a couple of weeks back, that's why Knight Rider suffered so massively in the following week. To the casual follower of the show, they were tuning in each week to see this new Knight Rider and then they turn on the tube one Wednesday night and find Obama instead. I would hope many of those people would realize "Oh, this is a special media event so it'll be back next week" but that assumes 1) people are smart enough to think that way (which I'm not totally convinced the general population is) and 2) that because this is a brand new series and oftentimes new series get cancelled not long after starting, that the show may have been cancelled already. Remember, I'm not talking about we the fans here, I'm talking about casual fans who don't know the Nielsen ratings week to week and don't know that Knight Rider was picked up for the "Back 9."

I do fault NBC somewhat though because I have to agree that i do see or hear nearly as many Knight Rider ads on TV or radio as I used to. It has picked up this week but in recent weeks, I can't remember the last time I saw a Knight Rider commercial on TV. I think NBC needs to really step up with their advertising again on this show to grab people's attention again. I do think that as more weeks pass and people start flipping the channels again now that all the election coverage is over, that we'll slowly see viewership creep back up. And come January or February with the airing of the "retooled" series, I think there will again be an advertising blitz on NBC's part and hopefully people will like the changes to the show and tune in again. For now though, I'm taking all of the panic over the Nielsens with a big grain of salt.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Sorry if this post is off topic,but anyone seen that PCA Knight Rider Widget?Vote for KR,because if KR wins,people will see that the show is good! :good: You can vote once per day,so vote every day! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:11 pm

im really rooting for the reboot to help this show out,, i think alot of people want to see this show really reflect to the original,, and thats whats going to make it a big hit just like the original :good:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Stealthwalker wrote:Hey don't blame "Obama" :evil:
Yes, blame him. I'm not talking about political allegiances. But you can't tell me the subsequent drop in ratings isn't at least partially related. If McCain or anyone else had done the same thing, we could blame them, but they didn't Obama did, so we can blame him.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:25 pm

I have to agree with KFcreator. Obamas campaign had a lot to do with the ratings. Some people that would watch the show that were starting to enjoy it tune in one week to see that it's not on. After that one missed week sadly most of these people forgot about it or found something else to watch wed. at 8:00. I am hoping that the rating's increase soon.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 pm

I think if we had the people who were writing Obama's speeches write a few episodes of Knight rider we would be much better off.... :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 am

everybody here is looking for something to blame for the knight rider ratings being down, its not obamas fault, its not the country music awards fault and its not dancing with the stars fault, knight rider made its series debut going up against dancing with the stars results show and it had a 7.3 million rating, so how is it only getting 5 million now against the same competition? the answer is people are not watching because they are finally starting to realize that the show is not that good and not what they expected. i mean hey obama was on other networks other than nbc and the shows that were pre empted are still getting the same rating they had before. hopefully the reboot of knight rider has a lot of stunts and they do turbo boost and they change the steering wheel and dash and bring hasselhoff in as a regular, that might be the only thing that saves the show. also i have been seeing plenty of commercials for knight rider all week so thats not the problem either. we shall see what happens.
in glen larson we trust.

original_cruz
Volunteer

Post by original_cruz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 am

NBC has been on a warpath lately, folks, and their kneejerk reactions to getting their butts kicked by CBS and ABC are showing big-time. NBC just axed "My Own Worst Enemy" (after only 9 episodes) and "Lipstick Jungle" (after only being in its 2nd season), and Entertainment Weekly has for their cover story this week the decline of the show "Heroes" and why two of its executive producers/writers got fired last week in order to put more pressure on the remaining staff to get the show back up to snuff in the Monday ratings battle.

Now this announcement about a so-called "reboot" for KR '08...scary, but very interesting and promising. KI3T may be fast, but if Mike doesn't throw it into Super Pursuit mode soon, there'll be no escaping the angry TV exec's big red button marked "CANCEL." I think GST might succeed, but we just need to keep watching and supporting the new show. :)

Didn't TOS have ratings trouble back in the day early on?