News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Duster
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Post by Duster » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi everybody!

The not-so-supportive AintItCool.com has got very good news about Knight Rider's future online:
The producers of Sony's 2009 release Anaconda 4 (or whatever it was called) which stars David Hasselhoff said they're going to make more of them, but it won't star David.

He said that David will probably be too busy to do a 5th film in the series (he did 3 & 4 back to back) because he's returning to TV.

The plan for the next season of KNIGHT RIDER, says he, is for David Hasselhoff to be a regular on the show. He'd be teamed with his on-screen son Mike Tracer (Justin Bruening) to solve weekly adventures in the hopes that that boosts ratings. I wish them luck ;) resurrect Devon I say!
Now everybody, if that's not cool, what is? I'm very excited and at the same time full of fear we will never get to see a second season made.
Let's hope the ratings get up again after the reboot!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Re: News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Post by Kaine » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 pm

that would be awesome!!! and actually the only reasonable explaination why they got rid of Charles Graiman.
With David Hasselhoff in the Devon role me might actually see David's vision of a new Knight Rider come true!
i pray this news is correct!

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Holy s***!!

Please be true please be true please be true!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Last we heard, Hasselhoff and NBC still have their own issues to work out and nothing has been conceptualized or written yet. This type of stuff can change every day, so I'm not saying my word is better than AICN - I just don't want to have everyone get their hopes busted if it doesnt work out.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 pm

neps wrote:Last we heard, Hasselhoff and NBC still have their own issues to work out and nothing has been conceptualized or written yet. This type of stuff can change every day, so I'm not saying my word is better than AICN - I just don't want to have everyone get their hopes busted if it doesnt work out.
Maybe I missed that. What issues are you talking about, can you go any further into detail?

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:30 pm

I think this would be great new' if David would return to the series,the network need' to put knight rider on a
different night to see if we can pick up more fan base. :kitt2:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:50 pm

:good: :D :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: "I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:52 pm

While it isn't finalized news, at least it's something new and not another article using the same old quote trying to pretend its new news this time. Sounds promising.

Despite the drop in ratings, pehaps Hasselhoff's possible return is a factor that NBC has in mind for keeping the show on the air?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:04 pm

That's great, because you don't hassel the Hoff. That's a big plus for the show.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Now were talking!!! With David Hasselhoff on the show they can't go wrong!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:08 pm

neps wrote:Last we heard, Hasselhoff and NBC still have their own issues to work out and nothing has been conceptualized or written yet. This type of stuff can change every day, so I'm not saying my word is better than AICN - I just don't want to have everyone get their hopes busted if it doesnt work out.
Its true, nothings been set in stone, until there is official word on this I'm not getting my hopes up.

My question is how much impact do you guys think the Hoff would have to the audience and the ratings?

I can understand it would be massive from TOS fans point of view but what about the new fans?

Also where doe's KI2T fit into all this, is there a place for him? I mean I would love to see him back for a special episode or two (maybe to save the day and go out in a blaze of glory and remain a legend) I'd love to see the interaction between the two highly advanced AI's. It would'nt work on a weekly basis though, theres no room for both cars. His AI could live on in another form though, as implied in the backdoor pilot, what are peoples thoughts on this?

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:18 pm

By second season do they mean episode 14 onwards?

The two parter which starts the "reboot"?

Or do they mean Knight Rider has to go to a second series?

If they mean completely new TV season, is Hoff going to be guesting in the first season?

Too many questions, not enough answers. Maybe someone In The Know, could chip in.

:karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Season One = Episodes 01-22.

Season Two, if it makes it, will probably be episodes 22-35 with an option for the back nine again, making it to 44 episodes.

I'm still not sure about his being a regular cast member but I would certainly not be against it. I'm sure one of the hang ups, besides money, would be that he'd want some amount of creative control. Which I probably would somewhat support as long as it doesn't result in actually trying to take over the show and remains a positive force. There's probably reliability issues though I hope he has his **** together.

I know we wouldn't see the permanent return of the original KITT either since I doubt William Daniels would want to do it. I'd just hope we'd get some good closure for KITT and they don't do something in this coming reboot like suddenly have the new KITT become the original KITT in an upgraded form and with Kilmer's voice.

I wonder how much of an impact us TOS fans in the US really have, I have a feeling we over value the power we really have. We're not even close to the level of Star Wars or Star Trek's fanbases after all.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Phoenix Zero, good analysis. I certainly hope they at least get him to guest in series one. Season 2 as a regular would be awesome.

I can't shake the feeling tho that the possibility of season 2, with all these creative misdirections and slipping ratings, is a pipedream at best.....

One of my friends, incidentally who watches the show, had this to say "The whole reason to watch the show is for the future appearance of Hoff." :lol:

I don't think we're as large and as vocal as Trekkies, but that's a good thing, have you seen their reaction to the new Enterprise? And you thought we were bad when the mustang came out!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:53 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:By second season do they mean episode 14 onwards?

If they mean completely new TV season, is Hoff going to be guesting in the first season?

Too many questions, not enough answers. Maybe someone In The Know, could chip in.

I was thinking the same thing, there was speculation of Hoff having significant screen time in the second half of the first season but seeing as there is another reboot planned, I'm confused as to wether they are treating this as an unofficial second season or someone has their wires crossed?

Yes and your right, not enough answers.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm

weeezl wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, there was speculation of Hoff having significant screen time in the second half of the first season but seeing as there is another reboot planned, I'm confused as to wether they are treating this as an unofficial second season or someone has their wires crossed?

We must also bear in mind that AICN prints anything, and this could be made up by someone from a hotmail account thinking it was a laugh. :(

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:
weeezl wrote:

We must also bear in mind that AICN prints anything, and this could be made up by someone from a hotmail account thinking it was a laugh. :(
Yeah I know, they put out a lot of s%&^, this is why I'm waiting until something more official's out before I get excited, I'll just continue to remain quietly optimistic (with fingers on both hands crossed) for now.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Agreed. No celebrating unless something's official. Maybe GST will throw us a bone sometime soon. Fingers crossed!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 pm

:wink:
Attachments
DREVILl.jpg
DREVILl.jpg (40.34 KiB) Viewed 20848 times

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:58 pm

LMAO!!!!!! Love it weeezl :)

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

That would be great. Once I saw him acting his role in the 2 hour movie I was extremely happy. I was a little disappointed when I saw that he was not on any of the upcoming shows. I think it would help boost ratings. There is some die hard Hoff fans that may not watch the new KR as he is not in it. If he becomes a regular or even a guest from time to time that should help boost ratings. I for one would be ecstatic if he came back. However I have seen so many article regarding this saying "he's coming back or he's never coming back" that I will like many of you hold my breath until I see more "official" news on this. Here's hoping to see the Hoff back on KR in the future!!!
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Ehhh...I'm more excited about him and KITT returning in the 2-parter later in the season. I think having him more than once a season would make the show even hoakier (sp?) and a parody of itself.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm

I really hope this makes it and is true! I have heard from people on this site (mods) stating don't be surprised to see DH have some screen time in the second half of the season. I was assuming when they said to get rid of Graiman that this would be the solution, however I had my hopes up. Let's just hope it works out because EVERYONE wants DH back and they want him to be back for a good story plot and not just a b/s cameo/guest star.

Please make it true for us GST and have KI2T back! How cool would that be have the most intelligent AI's speaking to one another, from one generation to another!

Joe

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Oh. My. Knight. If this turns out to be true and is going to happen, bring it on!
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 pm

One problem, if the Hoff returns, we will have two Michael Knights on screen. So what will the others call them? Knight Sr. and Knight Jr.? Or maybe one of them will return to their real names, whether Long or Traceur.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good: