Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Say, i wonder if Sarah's line about "Dealing with government types" to get funding for her research is going to come into play after the cast shake-up?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Knight4life wrote:we had 3 decent/good episodes but with this episodes everything comes down.Halloween knight with no action was a pretty good episode as compared to the recent episode.
This is where the comments I think are coming from to some extent. The last 3 episodes had been raising the bar each week so this episode was a bit of a let down, hence the reactions. With KITT not coming to the aid of Mike and Sarah when they were held up at gun-point this episode could have aired earlier in the season as the only big tell-tale sign of the nicely growing Mike/KITT bond was their team shootout and KITT awesomely being proactive forcefully telling Mike to bring the bomb to him as they showed KITT driving himself over to Mike to smother the bomb. It was a decent episode but with a little bit too much wasted time (especially at the beginning) which was a bit of let down after several really good weeks. I'm looking forwards to the next one.

I totally agree with JJSoCrazy above who commented that KITT needs to be proactively coming to the rescue more often (we've had some nice ones, like the police car transformation and a couple of others), it should be happening all the time, the hold up taking place outside (and not inside) was a perfect opportunity for example (for the future). KITT heroically coming to the rescue or driving between Michael and someone shooting at him were some of the most exciting moments of TOS.

I really like the new show and we've gotten some really good episodes and I really like the way they've grown the Mike/KITT relationship, there's tons of potential here.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:46 pm

I thought it was just okay and agree with many of the comments. The plot didn't quite add up. Nobody knew she was a Congressman's daughter? Why didn't Sarah shoot her when she first raised her shotgun? Why did they bring her to the SSC? How did she hack into their computer system?

The sexual tension scenes just didn't work.

I'm not quitting the series and I hope the reboot will work out. The tone of the episode was off last night.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:52 pm

KnightIndustriesTT wrote:
Knight4life wrote:we had 3 decent/good episodes but with this episodes everything comes down.Halloween knight with no action was a pretty good episode as compared to the recent episode.
This is where the comments I think are coming from to some extent. The last 3 episodes had been raising the bar each week so this episode was a bit of a let down, hence the reactions. With KITT not coming to the aid of Mike and Sarah when they were held up at gun-point this episode could have aired earlier in the season as the only big tell-tale sign of the nicely growing Mike/KITT bond was their team shootout and KITT awesomely being proactive forcefully telling Mike to bring the bomb to him as they showed KITT driving himself over to Mike to smother the bomb. It was a decent episode but with a little bit too much wasted time (especially at the beginning) which was a bit of let down after several really good weeks. I'm looking forwards to the next one.

I totally agree with JJSoCrazy above who commented that KITT needs to be proactively coming to the rescue more often (we've had some nice ones, like the police car transformation and a couple of others), it should be happening all the time, the hold up taking place outside (and not inside) was a perfect opportunity for example (for the future). KITT heroically coming to the rescue or driving between Michael and someone shooting at him were some of the most exciting moments of TOS.

I really like the new show and we've gotten some really good episodes and I really like the way they've grown the Mike/KITT relationship, there's tons of potential here.
Thanks for the agreement! :)

I also wanted to state that I loved the scene where they state they have to get to the crash fast and while KITT turns into Attack Mode in the tunnel, Mike's facial expression was very sincere and dark/edgy! Loved it! Also I forgot to mention that this Congressman according to Sarah has been funding her father for a long time, so this may have been before SSC?

Joe

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I also wanted to state that I loved the scene where they state they have to get to the crash fast and while KITT turns into Attack Mode in the tunnel, Mike's facial expression was very sincere and dark/edgy! Loved it! Also I forgot to mention that this Congressman according to Sarah has been funding her father for a long time, so this may have been before SSC?

Joe
I too catched that it does seem that the congressman was working with the Grayman's for a long,long time...

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Some excellent points made.

I'm not quite sure I liked the gun angle. Sure Mike and Sarah need to protect themselves, but with all the technology of the SSC they are carrying guns with bullets that could kill.

When did Michael Knight ever carry a gun with him, whatever the odds were? He didn't have one when he was looking for terrorists, these kids were just arsonists and thieves for some internet site, who only shot when they were provoked by Mike and Sarah.

And Mike didn't even know the situation Sarah was in, he just told her to shoot them with live bullets??? The more I think about it, the more I think you could not get any further from Hasselhoffs Michael Knight, and that was not the character I've been watching the last few episodes.

There are just some things that don't feel right. Michael Knight should never have a gun (except under extreme life and death situations) nor ask any of his comrades to shoot someone else.

Thoughts?

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:
NeoRanger wrote: On a final note, why did they have to expect Rivai to move when she was on that trunk? Wouldn't a heat signature be enough to determine whether she was alive or not?
The biggest eye-rolling moment for me (and there were several) was when she moved in the trunk and Torres claps his hands together and exclaims, "we've got movement!" Although, I do the same thing on the john every morning...
LOL!!! :lol:

:kitt: :karr:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Yeah, we've visited the issue of guns several times. I hope it's an aspect that will be toned down -or disappear altogether- after the reboot, when the whole operation won't be government-run (I assume- truth be told, we don't know if that will change).

By the way, villains are stupid. When Max was holding the girl, he was wide-open for a fatal shot. Any other guy would've taken the shot right between his eyes.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:51 pm

NeoRanger wrote:Yeah, we've visited the issue of guns several times. I hope it's an aspect that will be toned down -or disappear altogether- after the reboot, when the whole operation won't be government-run (I assume- truth be told, we don't know if that will change).

By the way, villains are stupid. When Max was holding the girl, he was wide-open for a fatal shot. Any other guy would've taken the shot right between his eyes.
Good point. Im reminded of one of the few excellent scenes in Knight Rider 2000, when Michael has the stun gun and Kitt tells him when he's locked on "Skinner's" shoulders. In that particular instance, I wouldn't have minded if he'd shot at his arm to save the girl. Would it be too far reached to have a small camera on the gun for Kitt? I mean they have face recognition on their ID tags.

That's another thing about the guns they were too backward for the SSC, too primitive. I'd expect something more technologically advanced like, dare I say it, Knight Rider 2000 :oops:

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Arvin Sloan is the boss of Toress and Charles Gramain is Jack Bristow.
We have Sarah as Sydney and Michael as Vaughn.
The SCC is SD6.

Now all we need is a smary little man with a pommy accent.....

Iceberg_Rules
Stranger

Post by Iceberg_Rules » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Does any one know who the actor is who played Congressman Childres on this episode? He looks familiar, but I can't seem to find any info on who he is to see what it is I recognize him from.

Thanks in advance.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Iceberg_Rules wrote:Does any one know who the actor is who played Congressman Childres on this episode? He looks familiar, but I can't seem to find any info on who he is to see what it is I recognize him from.

Thanks in advance.
He was Mitch's old friend from Baywatch. Think his name was Cordy or Corby.

Iceberg_Rules
Stranger

Post by Iceberg_Rules » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Thank you much. Just IMDB'd it. His characters name was JD Cort from baywatch.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Iceberg_Rules wrote:Thank you much. Just IMDB'd it. His characters name was JD Cort from baywatch.
That's him. I was close :lol: He was in the very early Baywatch, when the stories were worth watching. I recall seeing him in Baywatch Hawaii Reunion TV movie also. I was told by an ex girlfriend "You must be the only man on the planet, who watched Baywatch for David Hasselhoff" :good:

Xebec
Volunteer

Post by Xebec » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Iceberg_Rules wrote:Does any one know who the actor is who played Congressman Childres on this episode? He looks familiar, but I can't seem to find any info on who he is to see what it is I recognize him from.

Thanks in advance.
Wasn't he also the guy in Sheba, queen of the jungle?

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 pm

His NAME is John Allen Nelson.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:
Iceberg_Rules wrote:Thank you much. Just IMDB'd it. His characters name was JD Cort from baywatch.
That's him. I was close :lol: He was in the very early Baywatch, when the stories were worth watching. I recall seeing him in Baywatch Hawaii Reunion TV movie also. I was told by an ex girlfriend "You must be the only man on the planet, who watched Baywatch for David Hasselhoff" :good:
If it wasn't for the fact that Baywatch followed one of the episodes of knight rider one day,I wouldn't have ever seen that show.It just so happens i rememebr the exact episode.It was about a S.U.V. that can drive on water.I remember Mitch had his watch taken by a theif from that car that drives on water.I also remember towards the end of the episode that Mitch said something like,"Only thing this car can't do is talk."

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Horrible episode except from the part were Kitt covers that C4 and uses a laser beam to crack open the door.

Too much excitement between Mike and Sarah when the actual bonding and development should have been between Mike and Kitt. Billy and Zoe are of course very annoying most of the time with their childish bets about certain scenarios. What's up with eating popcorn inside Kitt whilst watching Mike and Sarah wrestle?

All in all, a very weak plot with almost no excitement at all. The only excitement I got was from Kitt when he covered that C4 but that's it. Btw, does anyone know why Mike has to floor the pedal in that airplane hangar to reach the Kitt cave?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Not the best episode so far, actually for me it was the worst. Way to much unimportant stuff seeing sarah and mike in the shower. When they came out of the shower I actually thought they went all the way as they both had smiles on their faces. They could have used the time spent for showing us these scenes on something else. I am worried that Mike and Sarah will get together and be lovers which will mean sarah coming along on every mission, many more lovey dubey scenes instead of action. I may have to shoot myself in the head later for saying this but I actually didn't mind the zoe and billy scenes. I could really care less if they get together or sleep together and it shouldn't have much effect on the show. I thought them making out or doing other things in a car that can watch and monitor you at all times was a little awkward. I mean if Kitt can sense when someones pheromones are risings and such just imagine what else he could notice while they are going at it in the front seats. Pretty awkward situation. The laser to open the door was pretty neat but I thought maybe there would have been another way to do it like in TOS. Kitt covering the bomb was the best part of this episode hands down. A definite nod in the direction of the old school fans. I also liked the way the garage doors shook from the shock wave of the explosion. Mike basically allowing himself to get shot was a little strange. He's a decorated Iraq vet and he is facing someone with a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and he basically just stand there. I thought he would have at least took out her leg or something. Another nitpick, she shot him with a shotgun loaded with buck shot from several feet away. Even though she was a bad shot, wouldn't you expect Mike to have gotten hit in more of a broader area. The pellets spread out over distance and at the distance she was at you think he would have had some stuck in his chest and face as well. I noticed in the beginning of the show that Kitt's license said KR. I swear sometime later on in the episode the license plate has changed and it was just a standard license plate with numbers. Can't remember the exact moment when it happened or if Kitt was in attack mode at the time but if you watch this episode again look out for it. Possible a basic error made or maybe something that will be explained later. The father of the spoiled brat seemed as if he was in on it. I was almost positive that when asked for his cell phone he was going to show his dark side but it never came. Maybe we will get more of an explanation later. I almost cringed when he said "we got movement" while clapping his hands. It just seemed so cheesy and put on that it was unbearable. Definitely not one of my favorites and I hope that things start working out better. Cut all the teen adolescent sex scenes or at least tone them down. More action scenes are needed and also make kitt come to the rescue more often.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

TheGunheart
Volunteer

Post by TheGunheart » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:37 am

NeoRanger wrote:Yeah, we've visited the issue of guns several times. I hope it's an aspect that will be toned down -or disappear altogether- after the reboot, when the whole operation won't be government-run (I assume- truth be told, we don't know if that will change).

What's really annoying is that police officers, soldiers, etc, are instructed to NEVER drop their weapons in a hostage situation. They kill the hostage? Congratulations, they just capped their bargaining chip. You drop your weapons? Nice going numbskull, now they can kill the hostage anyway and shoot you too.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 am

You drop your weapons? Nice going numbskull, now they can kill the hostage anyway and shoot you too.
I agree with you and NeoRanger! Mike did a stupid move to drop his weapon and he's a soldier for crying out loud! What's even worse is that Sarah held them at gunpoint at first and then she was backed up by Mike; although, after a couple seconds the whole thing got reversed! How on earth can you allow them to draw their weapons when you've got the leverage? Btw. she didn't even ask them to put their hands up and it gets even worse because in a situation like that she shouldn't listen to her comlink because that jeperdizes everything which it also did! Another thing that I wanted to point out is: in that hostage situation Mike should have been able to shoot him right in the forhead without even blinking! That's what he's trained for and who are we trying to fool - do they really think that the villain is going to shoot the one only thing he's got as a leverage? If he did Mike could have blown his brains out anyway and how stupid of the crew to let a wireless device copy all of their classified information, the files should be encrypted... :evil:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 am

TheGunheart wrote:

What's really annoying is that police officers, soldiers, etc, are instructed to NEVER drop their weapons in a hostage situation. They kill the hostage? Congratulations, they just capped their bargaining chip. You drop your weapons? Nice going numbskull, now they can kill the hostage anyway and shoot you too.
I agree completely, I was waiting for Mike, some supposedly badass Army Ranger to at the very least, shoot the guy in the shoulder if not in the freaking head, then both could have been taken into custody and break free, perhaps with the help of the senator who was just begging to be in on it and be a bad guy. But I don't think we can expect much out of some of these writers who are clearly writing for a show that's beyond their depth, which is rather sad, heh. They knew they were getting played with too, yet Mike and Sarah still fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book. I have nothing against Mike having a gun, it's only good sense, But dammit, if he's gonna have it then he better well use it.

He got his ass kicked by Sarah too but I'll attribute that to his letting her win since he obviously isn't going to go all out sparring with her.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

bson
Volunteer

Post by bson » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 am

I haven't commented for the last few episodes. I thought last weeks episode was horrible, but everyone seemed to love it because they mentioned Karr and then complained because they didn't like the new version. I thought the teenage antics of the new Michael Knight killed that episode like it has for so many others. I really get tired of his goofey antics. This leads to this weeks episode where he is at it again. I'm sure that those of you reading this, who are 12, don't understand. Adults do not act this way. I have never seen it. How can anyone defend how some of the characters on this show act and tell me to take this show seriously. This is not a playground they are at. It is supposed to be a high tech and very expensive facility which does special operations work for the gov't. I have a question for all you fans who actually have a job. When was the last time you acted like this at work? No, McDonalds doesn't count, but it would explain some things about this show if Knight Industries was owned by the fast food giant. I am so glad they are finally changing the show by dropping dead weight and making it more of a man and machine helping regular people instead of the High School Musical versus terrorist show it has been. No, they haven't broke out in song yet, but maybe their singing would be better than their acting. Also, I agree with the comments about the gun dropping. Nobody in law enforcement or the military would ever relinquish their firearms in a hostage situation. This is another of the many reasons I have a problem with the new Michael Knight character. Every single time in this episode that the bad guys tell him to drop his weapon, down it goes. Are you kidding? I'm suppose to believe that not only is he ex-military, but that he was special forces and he acts like this. He would have been killed his first day of combat. I also agree with the comment about the shotgun. Apparently, the writers of this show know little to nothing about shotguns. The distance from the blast would have made the shot pattern much larger and the wounds much worse even if the shotgun was loaded with a light bird shot, which I doubt it would be unless the bad guy was a complete idiot. I know some of you out there just don't understand the problems I have with the show because you have deluded yourself into thinking that every episode is terrific. I don't expect the original show with the original cast and car, but they better get closer to it or this show is a goner. For once, the producers of the show seem to agree.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 am

Oh, wow. I saw the comments here before I watched the episode, and I was thinking to myself 'it surely couldn't have been THAT bad'. Well, it was. At least KITT didn't turn into a 4x4 this time, and that's probably the only good thing I have to say about it.

I mean, about 40% of the episode was wasted on the sexual tension between Billy and Zoe, and the sexual tension between Mike and Sarah... and Billy and Zoe talking about the sexual tension between Mike and Sarah. How boring.

There was little action, plenty of illogic (If you thought the foundation was silly when it did not pick up and destroy what was left of Goliath and KARR in TOS, the SSC are bloody idiots), and every chance of a good moment was wasted. I mean, the climax was the 'bad guys' getting into KITT and being gassed. Great fun, that. In TOS they would have had KITT ejecting them out, and even that would have been considered somewhat boring.

Earlier, after the original mission was over, Mike complained at how he didn't feel right because Max was still free. It kinda reminded me of Michael asking Devon to continue following Philip McCord after releasing him from jail in 'Brothers keepers' in Season 2, because something didn't feel right. Except, that is, Mike quickly forgot about it and went to shoot pool instead. Pathetic.

It's a major let down, and we're probably lucky the ratings weren't that great - because anyone who watched this and isn't a big fan might not waste another minute on Knight Rider, ever. The re-re-reboot couldn't come fast enough, at it seems as though the changes they plan WILL take the show to where it should be. The earlier moments when you've had all three of Carrie, Charles and Torres on KITT's screen barking out orders shows you just why you can't have all those characters. There's just no need for all of them and there's way too much interaction and orders from the SSC to Michael and KITT rather than having them figure things out.

Calling David Hasselhoff. This time it's KITT saying 'Michael, I need you'.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:15 am

40% of the episode was wasted on the sexual tension between Billy and Zoe, and the sexual tension between Mike and Sarah... and Billy and Zoe talking about the sexual tension between Mike and Sarah. How boring
That's been one of the biggest problems with this show all along.