Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Live Discussion Thread: I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone see if they changed kitt's license plate?They had a few shows of the back angle but it was hard for me to see it.

Yeah this time his plate had KR on it.
I saw a part towards the end where it said something else, possibly KNIGHT, not sure.

TallSox08
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by TallSox08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:26 pm

It didn't say KNIGHT, looked more like a typical random numbers license plate to me. T1blahblahblah

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:40 pm

TallSox08 wrote:It didn't say KNIGHT, looked more like a typical random numbers license plate to me. T1blahblahblah
if you've taken the time to notice, all of those plates have had KR in the middle....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Muffin
Volunteer

Post by Muffin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:41 pm

The only plate I caught site of I thought was on the van that had crashed, it said government on it. If it was KI3T's, that would be a pretty dead giveaway when going undercover.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:41 pm

I spent more time paying attention to the chatroom than I did the show. =\ But I did like some parts and really didn't dislike anything though I just know there's going to be complaining about the "sex crap" by the uber uptight people due two certain scenes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:48 pm

if you've taken the time to notice, all of those plates have had KR in the middle....
\
i never noticed that before :shock:

TriComEMS2401
Volunteer

Post by TriComEMS2401 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 pm

I also agree it was a ok episode other then the fact it could have had a better action sequence toward the end. I also like the covering of the bomb very tos. Billy and Zoe just need to get a room and get it over with. Same with Mike and Sarah

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Ofcourse I also liked the double-team shooting out the tires of KITT and Mike. That and the old-school bomb smothering were probably my two favorite moments this week, the bomb smothering being the best because they did a fantastic huge explosion and KITT being completely unharmed was a great reminder of how tough the car is.

Decent episode, the actual mission worked well and the Mike/KITT interaction was still good though didn't actually do anything to move it forward like the last few have, the team shot was about on par with where they've gotten the partnership so far. They should have trimmed the second Mike and Sarah crush scene in the first 15 minutes of the episode to get to the meat of the story a little faster, the first one did the job well enough.
Last edited by KnightIndustriesTT on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 pm

Well, then i won't say anything about the "Sex scenes", even though they still annoy me- this episode wasn't half bad- Sarah can now add "Surgeon" to her list of talents (Is there NOTHING this girl can't do?) and Billy and Zoe I'm starting to warm up to. I can sort of see them working out in the revamp a bit more, but Charles and Carrie are sure getting the short shift on this show. And the cryptic line "You don't know who you're working for, do you?" Makes me wonder exactly HOW much Charles knows. I can't figure the guy out.And with all these bon mots being dumped in their laps on a weekly basis, WHY aren't Mike and Sarah asking more questions? Oh, and I liked seeing the game room, and Mike's quarters.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 pm

First 15-20 minutes was Mike and Sarah riding in KITT and Zoe and Billy screwing around in the Cave watching Mike and Sarah. Not enough action and too much sex crap. Its time to push aside the nonsense and have more action.

We need to have better chase sequences too. The camera angles are horrible and hardly shows how fast KITT travels. I hope things get better though because I do like the show.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 pm

the only thing is the lack of vehicular action. The tire shoot out was a perfect opportunity for a Turbo Boost, and alas, none. The only 2 Turbo Boosts to date have been done just to do them, no reason. And there has been 3-5 scenarios where it should have been used (Season wide, not in this show alone :good: )

Renegade94
Recruit

Post by Renegade94 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:33 pm

I thought that they have taken their first steps towards getting back to TOS with this episode, and even though I agree that they do need a little more action scenes for KITT, I really think the focus being more on Mike and KITT is only going to get stronger with each episode before and after the cast changes. I knew they were not going to reference KARR in tonights episode, they have given us all something to ponder on until the episode when they bring him back on screen! I thought all in all it was another solid episode and I can not wait for next week! :good:

:kitt:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 pm

lol(sorry if this was posted already) Anyone notice the giant ford logo as soon as it comes back from the commericial break?After Mike got shot?

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah the Ford tractor shot when they came back. For a second I really thought Kitt had transformed into a Ford tractor. I mean he's changed into everything else Ford related. :roll:

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Yeah the Ford tractor shot when they came back. For a second I really thought Kitt had transformed into a Ford tractor. I mean he's changed into everything else Ford related. :roll:
would be nice if he can transform into a 83 trans am :kitt:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

tmtcnya
Volunteer

Post by tmtcnya » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Folks we got a great show on our hands here. Aside from too much soap opera on Mike and Sarah, how about A WOW FACTOR ENDING TO ONE OF THESE EPISODES??!!??

Wouldnt it have been better to see KITT turbo boost over the villan car and have the dodge stratus slam on its brakes so it didnt hit KITT only because agent ravie (or whatever her name is) doesnt get killed. Then have Mike and Sarah kick the crap out of the villians. That would have been a lot more exciting then what I just saw.

Folks im not a tv producer but that is how I would have ended this one!!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm

tmtcnya wrote:Wouldnt it have been better to see KITT turbo boost over the villan car and have the dodge stratus slam on its brakes so it didnt hit KITT only because agent ravie (or whatever her name is) doesnt get killed. Then have Mike and Sarah kick the crap out of the villians. That would have been a lot more exciting then what I just saw.
I actually thought that's what they were going to do when Mike kept offering suggestions but they were too dangerous. That said, I do like the ultimate solution because it involved KITT and Mike working together in tandem - true teamwork, which is symbolic of what needs to be at the core of the series.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

I have to say I think they dropped the ball on this episode. There was way too much unneeded chatting going on for one thing. The actual bad guys plot seemed tacked on with the episode really just focusing on the Mike and Sarah relationship, which I find painful to watch.

The previews led us to believe that the bad guys were planning to steal KITT. I thought this was going to be tied into last weeks episode because Billy said "She downloaded everything we have on KITT." Instead not only was that line not even in the episode, the bad guys were never even a remote threat. I didn't care about them, or really anything that was going on in this episode. I kept waiting for the stakes to go up, and nothing happened.The episode just kind of fizzled out for me.

Come on writers, give us some meat. I understand wanting to keep the episodes mostly stand alone, but there needs to be a better over arching plot as well so that we actually care. You could kill off almost any character on this show and I'd feel almost nothing. :(

Side note: I'm looking forward to the "reboot" and I hope they've really put some better thought into what this show is going to be going forward. There has been some good episodes, but it's time to get serious if Knight Rider is going to make it into season 2.

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am

Surprised no one mentioned one other thing......

For the second consecutive episode, we have a SECURITY breach. For a high level and I assume very "top secret" organization, they've had an impostor break in and now a US government official's daughter hacks their systems in a matter of minutes.

The guys have to do better with their security. If this were real life, lots of people would get canned for these security breaches.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 am

I'm gonna go along with zero on this one. He's right, nothing happened. The Mike & Sarah stuff JUST DOESN"T WORK. Yes, it was kind of cool having KITT drive over a bomb again, but that should be the minor stunt leading up to a big finale.

This may have been my least favorite episode to date. Possibly worse than Knight of the Iguana (surfing.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Re: Who does Micheal Knight work for?

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 am

I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight is the second time someone has said to Micheal "you don't know who you work for"

Combine that with Dr.Graimens comment tonight "maybe we are the ones in a hot car blowing stuff up" and past comments like "one day mikes going to remember and then hes going to come after you" could lead to the "Reboot". Perhaps Micheal and KITT find out who they work for isnt the government or FLAG, and expose the whole operation. Leaving them to return to the roots of the show?

I dunno what do you think?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:04 am

WOW.... usually I can find a few or more major redeeming qualities about a KR episode. I even liked Knight of the Iguana... but this episode was TRASH.

Every element was either a missed opportunity, another frying pan over the head about Mike and Sarah, or something completely stupid (like teaching a car about Sex).

Though I finally got why no one likes Sarah on missions. Has little to do with taking away the mike/kitt one on one time. It's got more to do with her taking KITT's roll as "partner".

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 am

i don't remember them mentioning what happened to the files that the bad guys put on the internet

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 am

cajunknight0153 wrote:i don't remember them mentioning what happened to the files that the bad guys put on the internet
Billy apparently caught it before it went live, but made a dummy program to make it look like it did.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 am

This one is a pretty close tie with Iguana for the worst episode for me. It was very slow paced the whole way through and like Iguana way to immature. I mean I like the sexual tension but not grade school sexual tension. Mulder and Scully kept that kinda thing going for years and it worked great but they didn't have Zoe and Billy giggling and giving commentary on it. Ah well I had a feeling I wasn't gonna like this one from the commercial. I wonder if this kinda thing sells well in the demographic they are looking for.
At least there are some I like and some I don't it keeps me tuning in. You can't win them all.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.