What are your Karr theories?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What are your Karr theories?

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 pm

I thought I would make a thread about your theories and thoughts about this new (or old) Karr. Yeah I know they are some in the KLD thread but, that's to much to look at.

Here are a few of mine:

-This Karr isn't the old one but, a very different AI that just happens to be named Karr. Of course why would you name the AI after one that tired to kill people and give FLAG a big headache is beyond me. Unless, Charles didn't know anything about the first Karr. Hey this is FLAG we're talking about.

-This is the first Karr and they decided to "mind wipe" him and start all over again. But, it went to hell. Of course why put it in a robot is beyond me but, again this is FLAG.

So what are yours?

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Re: What are your Karr theories?

Post by MikeBKnight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 pm

I think ( and sure as heck hope) that this is the original KARR, but someone (be it the government, etc.) took over KARR's programming, and put is CPU in some sort of military vehicle (Ie. that Terminator T1000 looking thing that Kitt was showing Mike). Hopefully KARR will at least have the ability to transform into an automobile (be it a Mustang, Lexus, whatever) so he can face Ki3t once more, but this time (not only a different "kitt", but a different Michael Knight as well).
It will be very dissapointing if the KARR they refer to has NO meaning whatsoever to the original show though.

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Maybe the old KARR CPU was found and was reverse engineered. The pics we saw aren't KARR as we know him, but things built around the tech that was found in his programming. Maybe KARR and KITT were supposed to be mobile transforming units to handle all conditions, but the technology didn't exist or funds. Just blueprints stored for future reference. Just a thought
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 pm

As I said in a previous post, I think(hope) this is the original, one and only KARR. The Government (FBI) confiscated the AI after KITT and MK destroyed KARR in the tos. Now, they altered KARR's AI and put him into some sort of weapon, a robot, a Mustang, whatever. They found out that KARR's AI was too advanced to alter what his base programming was, which is self preservation. So they scrapped the project. Perhaps KARR was originally inside the Mustang, and he'll want his 'body' back. In any event, this entire Government project was against Charles Graiman's wishes. I don't think that Mike was KARR's driver, so much as perhaps he was involved in a battle with or against him, where KARR couldn't be controlled by humans, or whatever the instance was that went wrong to abolish the KARR project.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:33 pm

I'm hoping that with the government obviously gaining some sort of control over Knight Industries that the military, in its infinite wisdom, came across KARR's old AI unit which was actually recovered by FLAG this time from the debris and locked away somewhere (without his memory banks though it would be nice for KARR to remember the past) and demand that it be used with this new prototype being designed and built since they don't want to wait for a brand new AI to be created. Charles, knowing the problems with KARR from the original series and what was said to happen that resulted in the creation of KITT, tries to reprogram the AI and remove the "self preservation" directive. Thinking he was successful in changing or fixing KARR, they go ahead and install the AI and for a short while things seem to be fine, the bring in Mike to be his "pilot" and a bond is formed between them or perhaps a falling out as KARR, having being around for so long managed to evolve beyond the need of someone else programming him, is able to undo and reprogram/"fix" himself as he's back to how he was before with a full memory of past events, might be hard without memory banks but I'd still like this, perhaps the AI unit itself contained a memory bank so he still remembers the basics of what happened before similarly it could be like wiping a hard drive in that just because you delete or even format something, fragments of data and even complete files will still remain.

He succeeds and wakes up, realizing what happened, eventually goes haywire and kills a bunch of people before Charles and whomever else is involved, manages to deactivate him again and destroy his memory banks this time, maybe someone saved his data and his AI Unit this time was destroyed or maybe again, the idiots left it intact and it was stolen before it could be destroyed. Mike is left and they wipe his mind of the events to try and cover up what happened.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:As I said in a previous post, I think(hope) this is the original, one and only KARR. The Government (FBI) confiscated the AI after KITT and MK destroyed KARR in the tos. Now, they altered KARR's AI and put him into some sort of weapon, a robot, a Mustang, whatever. They found out that KARR's AI was too advanced to alter what his base programming was, which is self preservation. So they scrapped the project. Perhaps KARR was originally inside the Mustang, and he'll want his 'body' back. In any event, this entire Government project was against Charles Graiman's wishes. I don't think that Mike was KARR's driver, so much as perhaps he was involved in a battle with or against him, where KARR couldn't be controlled by humans, or whatever the instance was that went wrong to abolish the KARR project.
Ding Ding Ding!

Even if the specifics don't turn out to be right (though they sound pretty good to me), it's the original KARR, people.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:07 pm

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the flurry of theories and facts already pointed out here in a couple of threads (missed the episode last night and just caught it on Hulu an hour ago), so I'll just give my opinion on the whole thing for now.

A lot of people seem to be convinced that this is an entirely new K.A.R.R., but I'm not so sure. It is a possibility that the C.P.U. from "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R." was acquired by the military or some computer geek, or maybe even a random guy who sold off the parts (since there was never any mention that F.L.A.G. ever even bothered to recover the debris, just like they had never bothered to recover K.A.R.R. after "Trust Doesn't Rust") and that it was integrated with upgraded technology. However, since we now have to accept this new revisionist history of Charles Graiman being there all along, it's likely that he possibly even was the one who recovered the debris. Integrating parts of the Knight 2000 into the Knight 3000 was the original plan for the Knight 3000 by the writers after all, so it wouldn't be that far-fetched to have ’82 K.A.R.R.'s C.P.U. merged and rebuilt with new technology.

Secondly, at least in the novels (which I know are not technically canon), the military was interested in K.A.R.R. before he was built into a Trans Am. I had always envisioned the military wanting K.A.R.R. to be a tank or some other type of destructive machine. So, it's easy for me to at least accept the possibility that this apparent new K.A.R.R. is now a machine other than an automobile. Of course we'd all love to see a twin Mustang like the good old days, but simply reusing the acronym is pushing things far enough as it is, let alone having Graiman exactly duplicate the mistake he apparently made 26 years earlier.

Bottom line, my theory is: Just like K.A.R.R.'s acronym having extra words added into it, I do believe this is the original C.P.U. being integrated and rebuilt with new technology. It's just a little too hard for me to believe that Graiman would once again make another K.A.R.R. which coincidentally would also become bad and concerned with only self-preservation. So why even bother resurrecting K.A.R.R. if he was bad in the first place? Perhaps the A.I. was too difficult to re-create again? It's anyone's guess.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:14 pm

I also think that we’re dealing with an evolved version of the Knight Automated Roving Robot, as we’ve already seen evidence of this “self programming” ability back in season three of the original series, when he successfully overrode his dominant program at the end of KITT Vs. KARR.

Judging by what we've learned thus far, I believe that KARR’s return as the Knight Auto-cybernetic Roving Robotic-endoskeleton will have begun with Devon’s death, as I believe that we’ll eventually learn that Knight Research exists as a result of the perversion of Wilton Knight’s vision by big money corporate types who believed that profitability was more important than an image predicated on one mans dream for a better world.

After all, without Devon’s voice to sway the board of directors, KARR’s resurrection would have been virtually guaranteed once Knight Industries became an arm of the United States government.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 am

Somebody doesn't waste any time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KARR_(Knight_Rider_2008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)