Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Living Dead

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Re: Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Living Dead

Post by knightrocker82 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 pm

the zoey impersonator kissed billy. that became very obvious. anyways the episode was okay. i dont like the direction they took with the KARR thing. they should have made it another mustang, or the original KARR returning. well since the original KARR was destroyed this would give the new production team reason to recreate KARR from scratch.

kittxthexcat
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:03 pm

knightrocker82 wrote:wow. karr in TOS was a duplicate KITT, its a robot this time. wierd?
(technically kitt is a duplicate karr :D )
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:16 pm

Wow talk about the action. That 180 that KITT did was shocking!

What, you say there were no stunts? Of course not. I am talking about that plot twist of KARR being a cyborg thing. The writers were screwing with us fans, getting us excited that they were talking about the original KARR, and then do a complete 180 and say it wasn't the KARR we were all thinking about. The episode was going GREAT until that robot thing appeared on the screen... I was like... WTF is that??

However, I do like the part about Mike remembering KARR for some reason he couldn't explain and may finally shed light on what happened during the time he can't remember.

The only thing I ask is that they better say that the original KARR CPU was used to build this robot, or at least make a connection between this one and the original on..... cause otherwise, I am going to be SEVERELY PISSED. </rant>

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:18 pm

I think this KARR is not the same one we all assumed. From the description and the schematics shown, it was another prototype that failed. My guess is the thing was used for military applications and went AWOL. I actually like the way it looks as a potential enemy. It's mobile yet at the same time has a very threatening look to it.

Still, I'm conflicted on this development. I love the fact that KI3T has a prototype of his own that "went bad" and will probably have to fight it eventually. However, I had hoped the mention of KARR would be a direct reference to the classic nemesis, and it doesn't appear to be so (unless something else develops down the line different than what we are expecting). I have to confess while I like the design of nu-KARR, I was very disappointed when Mike asked for the image and a Trans-Am didn't appear. There needs to be some better explanation of this.

This episode was definitely a strong one in the characterization department. KI3T's sense of betrayal is completely appropriate and makes sense, as does Charles' reasoning (I'd be shocked if he didn't create a back door into KI3T's programming). Frankly, the only reason I marked this episode "Excellent" was for the entire sequence where KI3T is going over his fondest memories and the way Mike and Sarah did not want to abandon him. I think that's more characterization than we've seen in the past four episodes between those three characters.

And yes, for all those who wonder where I'd finally hit my limit on silliness, I had a really hard time swallowing the "reconstruct soundwaves" thing.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Site went down as I was posting, so just edited this to match what I had finished writing.

Yeah, not THE KARR, some stupid robot thing that Graiman made that apparently featured the same stupid programming as the original. It's stupid stupid stupid stupid, there's no way if this show was meant to be a real continuation and Charles was responsible for the original KITT and was involved with the original KARR that the same mistake would be made. They wouldn't even put the original KARR AI into a robot.

GST has some 'splainin' to do! :roll: This episode went from "awesome" to "WTF?!" in about ten seconds.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Maybe I missed this part, if someone here thought of this, I've had problems logging on. Maybe this is the CPU from the KARR from TOS, the Government made it as a weapon, but it backfired on them. KARR was thought to be decommissioned, but bad guys will steal the CPU and put it into a vehicle: Hence the new KARR.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 pm

The episode had me confused as to what they were doing with the whole KARR thing but you guys have confused me more.

Why is it a different KARR? Because he's not a Trans Am? There is no KARR Trans Am, it blew up. Stupid as the robot may be, why wouldn't it be the same KARR? All anyone would need is his CPU...am I missing something?

EDIT: Thanks Kram...exactly what I'm saying
Last edited by cloudkitt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: It's stupid stupid stupid stupid
I couldn't have said it better myself. :sigh:

I am no longer looking forward to Episode 13 now that I know it isn't the original KARR. Great job writers!

However, I commend them on trying to gain more viewers... I am going to have to watch to see if they redeem themselves on this story line... (not like this would have kept me from watching it, but still..)

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Maybe I missed this part, if someone here thought of this, I've had problems logging on. Maybe this is the CPU from the KARR from TOS, the Government made it as a weapon, but it backfired on them. KARR was thought to be decommissioned, but bad guys will steal the CPU and put it into a vehicle: Hence the new KARR.
The new KARR stands for something besides Knight Automated Roving Robot though. This is a different KARR than the original.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:24 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:I am no longer looking forward to Episode 13 now that I know it isn't the original KARR. Great job writers!
What are you talking about? How isn't it the original KARR? It's still Knight Automated Roving Robot, KITT jsut added extra words. If they put the CPU in a robot they could've added to it.

There's no way Graiman made a robot between KI2T and KI3T and called it KARR with the EXACT same flaw in programming, don't be stupid. KI3T said "My original prototype," being before the KI 2000.
Last edited by cloudkitt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Maybe I missed this part, if someone here thought of this, I've had problems logging on. Maybe this is the CPU from the KARR from TOS, the Government made it as a weapon, but it backfired on them. KARR was thought to be decommissioned, but bad guys will steal the CPU and put it into a vehicle: Hence the new KARR.
I hope that is the case. Otherwise, I don't know what is going to happen.

And as for the soundwave thing, I was like... please tell me what is the physics behind that....

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 pm

what was the 180 thing that KITT did? i dont like the new KARR either, but well atleast they keep some connection with the original series. devon and bonnie reference whatever. the best part is when the hoff comes back to play the original Michael Knight and the original KITT. if that happens, its a dream come true for all of us to see the original duo in action again. the original kitt is my fave. thats what they need to bring the hoff back for!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 pm

The new KARR stands for something besides Knight Automated Roving Robot though. This is a different KARR than the original.
I thought about that too:
Maybe the cyborg blah blah blah endo skeleton words were added when KARR became the Robot.

I could be WAY wrong on this, but maybe this will be the story of sorts

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
KnightCrusader99 wrote:I am no longer looking forward to Episode 13 now that I know it isn't the original KARR. Great job writers!
What are you talking about? How isn't it the original KARR? It's still Knight Automated Roving Robot, KITT jsut added extra words. If they put the CPU in a robot they could've added to it.

There's no way Graiman made a robot between KI2T and KI3T and called it KARR with the EXACT same flaw in programming, don't be stupid. KI3T said "My original prototype," being before the KI 2000.
IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL KARR.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Relax, guys. When Mike asked KITT to show a picture of KARR, the first one it showed in its various iterations was a (gasp) Trans Am...

Sure someone will be posting it soon, but staring at it right now through the miracle of DVR.

Seems the military recovered our bad boy's CPU and had Graiman upgrade it. Bad idea, and looks like more details to follow.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow, i am so not with you guys at all.
I loved everything about this episode. Infact this has been my favorite out of all of them.
I finally won over another friend to the KR world with this episode. He saw the image of KARR that KI3T pulled up and went "Dude, that is effing awesome. I cant wait to see KI3T fight that."

By far the greatest-plot twist i've ever seen on TV.
5 out of 5 stars KR staff!!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 pm

knight cybernetic something automated robot, maybe the something was endoskeleton or it may just be knight cybernetic automated roving robot, being kcarr not karr!

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Pretty good for a cheap episode!!! KARR looked awesome. I was afraid he was just going to be a split personality Mustang. I think he looked good but let's all remember these where just blueprints he might actually be something totally different which I hope to twist things up and make a better story. Billy is getting to be a huge wimp and a campier character every episode. How many people wok at KI???!!! I would think for security reasons they would only need 25 tops!!!! Well can't wait till next Wednesday!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm

tamatt27 wrote:IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL KARR.
So you think Graiman made a robot between KI2T and KI3T and called it KARR with the EXACT same flaw in programming?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Relax, guys. When Mike asked KITT to show a picture of KARR, the first one it showed in its various iterations was a (gasp) Trans Am...
- I saw that too :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr: :karr:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 pm

I just rewatched the scene where KI3T pulls up the pics. The first pic is actually a Mustang side view, which confuses me even more. It seems the KARR images sort of evolutionize out of it. I'm not sure what the implication is.

I really do hope that TOS KARR's CPU is in there somewhere. I did notice that they specifically mention KARR was programmed for "self preservation" like TOS KARR. And frankly, I wouldn't put it past a government project to use the original KARR's programming in a military robot. I mean, if I can accept government stupidity behind the "Terminator" universe, I can accept it here - but it needs to be explained.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 pm

cloudkitt wrote:

That is what I am hoping. But I don't know how the writers are going to take it. I just needed to vent after seeing that. The episode was AWESOME in terms of character development, but between the KARR thing and the sound waves, I was just to flabbergasted to even think about alternative theories. I have shrugged off all the other stuff so far, but that was just too much for me to hold in...

Now that I have collected myself after that venting, I do see where this can go that can be beneficial to the KR universe. I just don't want to be patient and wait for it across the whole season. :-P

ssilipino
Volunteer

Post by ssilipino » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 pm

I think it is Knight Automatedcybernetic Roaming Robot Endoskeleton

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 pm

goldbug wrote:And frankly, I wouldn't put it past a government project to use the original KARR's programming in a military robot.
Well, it does make sense. Which would you rather have out there fighting your war... an AI that cares about preserving human life (a conflict of interest) or one that you have lying around that only thinks about keeping itself alive to carry out its programming?

As long as this KARR has the old KARR's CPU, this is going to be really awesome...

(Thus I take back my previous whining... but only if this is the old KARR in a new body... but we will have to wait to see...)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok, first off I'm ELATED at KARR's mention! :karr:

I am going to reserve my comments on the episode for Podcast #6 so you'll need to tune in then to hear my take on this. :twisted:

As for the soundwaves, there is such a thing as "EVP" which ghost hunters use to capture sounds that were from ghosts. Or things that were there many years before. Therefore maybe Knight Research is using the same technology to capture those sound waves of things that happened in the near past in the room. It might be where they got that from.