If only the Camaro Black could have been KITT!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: If only the Camaro Black could have been KITT!

Post by sarfraz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Why would a change in car make a change in the show? especially one that is not a drastic change.

If you have an issue of the show it is despite of the fact that KI3T is a Camaro or a Mustang. For me, the Mustang works far more than a Camaro ever would. I can't help but laugh at all the Camaro mock-up's with the tiny little red scanner. Scanner needs to be much bigger than that. The Camaro's curvy back end is so NOT KITT of any kind, makes it look like the car has a wide backside!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 pm

sarfraz wrote:Why would a change in car make a change in the show? especially one that is not a drastic change.

If you have an issue of the show it is despite of the fact that KI3T is a Camaro or a Mustang. For me, the Mustang works far more than a Camaro ever would. I can't help but laugh at all the Camaro mock-up's with the tiny little red scanner. Scanner needs to be much bigger than that. The Camaro's curvy back end is so NOT KITT of any kind, makes it look like the car has a wide backside!

Sarfraz
Remember the original knight rider, the trans-am had a tiny scanner so can the camaro.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:24 pm

In relation to the car, it did not. The scanner is very prominent on the original KITT. It takes up a third of the width of the car with an extended entry. The Camaro's current cutout is just too small and narrow. The scanner would look like the horrific SPM scanner, but much worse.

GT500KR gets away with the narrow cutout because its greater in length.

Sarfraz
Last edited by sarfraz on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 pm

_K3000_ wrote:LOL another KITT Should Be A Camaro Thread :roll: OI *Slaps Head*

Come on people I look at the Camaro and think Bumblebee from Transformers so no that aint a good idea as someone i think it was Sue that mentioned this so im quoting that :) :good: :kitt2:

Anyhow I think the GT500KR Mustang is the perfect KITT period
Ah that was Sarfraz I was quoting. But it is true, if I were trying to describe that car to someone I’d say, you know... the Bumblebee car. Just the same as if I saw a KI3T on the street I’m sure I’d say oh look there’s KI3T, rather than, look there is a Shelby Mustang GT500KR.
You guys sure are loyal to your car brands. :shock: ….Uh…I think I’m just gonna go climb in the back seat now. My good buddy KI3T will protect me.. after all he does have such a BIG scanner. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:29 pm

Sue wrote:
_K3000_ wrote:LOL another KITT Should Be A Camaro Thread :roll: OI *Slaps Head*

Come on people I look at the Camaro and think Bumblebee from Transformers so no that aint a good idea as someone i think it was Sue that mentioned this so im quoting that :) :good: :kitt2:

Anyhow I think the GT500KR Mustang is the perfect KITT period
Ah that was Sarfraz I was quoting. But it is true, if I were trying to describe that car to someone I’d say, you know... the Bumblebee car. Just the same as if I saw a KI3T on the street I’m sure I’d say oh look there’s KI3T, rather than, look there is a Shelby Mustang GT500KR.
You guys sure are loyal to your car brands. :shock: ….Uh…I think I’m just gonna go climb in the back seat now. My good buddy KI3T will protect me.. after all he does have such a BIG scanner. :mrgreen:
KI3T:"Mine's bigger than yours."
KITT:"I BEG YOUR PARDON!"
KI3T:"I was talking about my scanner."
KITT:O_o
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:37 pm

sarfraz wrote:In relation to the car, it did not. The scanner is very prominent on the original KITT. It takes up a third of the width of the car with an extended entry. The Camaro's current cutout is just too small and narrow. The scanner would look like the horrific SPM scanner, but much worse.

GT500KR gets away with the narrow cutout because its greater in length.

Sarfraz
But it's also too predicable.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:43 pm

kitt34 wrote:
But it's also too predicable.
...what do you mean? What part of my explanation was too predictable?

Sarfraz

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Geez give this a rest there's over 4 threads about KIII being a darn CAMARO already! :evil:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Matthew wrote: Simply put, wind tunnels and statistical analysis aside, you only need to look at the fifth generation production Camaro, especially in SS form, to know that it is a much sleeker vehicle than the current Mustang GT, or Shelby GT500. Suffice to say that it most certainly is not the box that your anti-Camaro campaign paints to be due to its place of construction.
Well it is only your opinion, but I certainly do not agree. Both the Camaro and the Mustang have 90 degree front ends. Granted, the grille on the Mustang is larger, but both have sharp 90 degree boxy fronts.

This is a marked difference from the Trans Am, which had a sloped, sleek, aerodynamic front end.

Since they are both boxy and ugly, I use criteria other than appearance to pick my favorite between the two machines.
Speaking of which, you’ve been asked to drop these points of view from your posts so many times now,
Right, matthew, I've made SO many posts. Do I need to go back to that? I already documented that my posts are an INFINITESIMAL percentage of content on this board! I am probably one of the LEAST frequent posters! I sometimes go for weeks without speaking, in part because of comments like yours, quoted above!

Over 5+ years of posting on here, I have made 402 posts. Half of one percent of all posts. My most active topic was FWD vs RWD, in which I made 29 posts. That represents 7% of all my posts.

Yet you are suggesting that my point of view on the Camaro has been made excessively, as if the point of view in favor of the Camaro has NOT been made excessively.

When are you going to tell the people advocating the Camaro that THEY need to "drop" THEIR point of view???? Because I am in the minority, I am a problem?

Q.E.D.
I understand your devotion to your fellow countrymen, but this is an international community with many non-American members, and to be quiet frank, these comments simply don’t belong here.
I see. So, if this were a James Bond board, and an American were saying that Bond should drive a GM car made in the USA, would you say his comment doesn't belong there, as there are many non-British fans of James Bond? The Americans might be offended by the idea that Bond should drive a British car made in Britain? Should Bond suddenly start driving an American made car because Bond is a "global brand" and there is so much talk of "globalization"?

Bond has always driven a British made car, and KITT has always been an American made car.

Q.E.D.

--Brian (advocates British cars for Bond movies forever)

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 pm

seeker78 wrote:Right, matthew, I've made SO many posts. Do I need to go back to that? I already documented that my posts are an INFINITESIMAL percentage of content on this board! I am probably one of the LEAST frequent posters!
Whilst your posts may be of an infinitesimal percentage when compared to the greater whole, the fact still remains that a large percentage of them have raised this anti-foreign rhetoric in some way shape or form for well over a year now, and to be frank, enough was enough when I asked you to stop doing it back in August.
seeker78 wrote:Yet you are suggesting that my point of view on the Camaro has been made excessively, as if the point of view in favor of the Camaro has NOT been made excessively.
Unfortunately, I see that you’ve failed to miss the point entirely. You can stand against the Camaro and call it a box until your blue in the face since that’s your opinion, you’re just going to have to do it without making these anti-foreign comments, since they have been making a lot of people incredibly uncomfortable for an extremely long time now, due to their xenophobic nature.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Thank you Sue btw for fixing the thread out! But could you possibly changed the header because it sounds like I want KITT as a Camaro, maybe "What KITT would look like as a Camaro" ?. :)

BTW for all the folks out there who think this is a thread about KITT being a Camaro please do not think I am the one who hates the Mustang and only thinks KITT is a Camaro and I am stubborn. This is not true, I am very pleased with the series and I was just showing how other people were stating KITT should be a Camaro and how great it would look. This is not another "KITT should have been a Camaro thread", I am not a whiner and I accept what is put out, so please do not think that, I can have several members on this forum back me up if necessary.

Thanks!

Joe

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Found this, cool eh?
Attachments
krcamarosz2.gif
krcamarosz2.gif (152.75 KiB) Viewed 12609 times

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Bond has always driven a British made car
No, not really!

Here's a list of what he has been driving over the past years:

1. Alfa Romeo
2. American Motors (AMC)
3. Aston Martin
4. Bentley
5. BMW
6. Ford
7. Cars from General Motors
8. Lotus
9. Mercedes-Benz
10. Rolls-Royce
11. Saab (GM)
... AND MORE!

Only four cars on this list are british... :lol:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:09 pm

That is really cool. I wonder if GM's kickin themeslves for saying no to NBC & Universal, not lettin 'em use the
new Camaro for KITT. Well GM's loss is Ford's gain. Ya gotta admit, KITT looks really cool as a Shelby Stang.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42 pm

The 'Stang ain't that bad.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:35 am

weeezl wrote:Found this, cool eh?
Yeah it's cool, but I dunno... something in my head keeps saying that it's KARR, not KITT :|

(GM) Camaro KARR vs (Ford) Mustang KITT would be interesting, though we can predict who'll win...
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 am

kitt34 wrote:But to me this show is just as bad as the rest on TV these days and the mustang does not work at all, what fun show?
There is very little plot on this version.
I'm curious, just what would you add to the plot? Between Mike's past, Knight Research's "unofficial" status, the love relationship between Sarah and Mike and Torres' secrets re: Mike and the character growth of KITT with those around him, there seems to be plenty of material there.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:10 am

Well, can you judge a show only based on 5 episodes? Did you judge the KR:TOS over 5 episodes? Comparing 5 episodes of KR:2008 with four seasons of KR:TOS is too far-fetched. At least wait until the end of Season 1.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 pm

I agree it would be a great KARR its evil looking and inferior to KITT... *gets in his KI3T and drives off real fast laughing in very mean fashion.*
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:45 pm

weeezl wrote:Found this, cool eh?
Wow...that is awesome! Could someone make that an avatar-sized and signature sized??
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just1Philly
Volunteer

Post by Just1Philly » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 pm

can wait for karr to come back bad ass hell and mean and love to see how he is goin to look now :karr: :mrgreen: