KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2009

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scottab21
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2009

Post by scottab21 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Hey Paul, thanx for all the info. on the event. I'm sure even those who can't attend for one reason or another will probably be able to come here for some pics or video of the event. Hopefully those that do attend can get us some media and post here. :)

:kitt: :karr:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Messages not related to the topic of the Knight Rider Festival have been removed from this thread. The original thread has been copied in its entirety in The Lounge:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11922

Please keep this thread on-topic, thank you.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 am

this is the fist major event for Knight Rider Fans. ??

what about saugus and Knightcon uk???

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:16 pm

aled jones wrote:this is the fist major event for Knight Rider Fans. ??

what about saugus and Knightcon uk???
Saugus is big.
The Trans Am Nationals has had a sizable Knight Rider event in previous years.
KnightCon UK has grown pretty big.
The KnightCon USA grew fairly large (but those ended in the year 2000).
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 am

If Jack and/or Andy Gill would be attending, I wonder if one would be up to the challenge of a Turbo Boost Duel.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:27 am

Please, no.

I've seen way too many perfectly good vintage Dodge Chargers destroyed for the Dukes of Hazzard conventions....

Let's spare the vintage Trans Ams a similar fate.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:36 pm

I must agree with Garth on this because stunts could be performed with a dune buggy frame & Trans Am shell
to do jumps, or a ramp to ramp set-up.
Do some wheels stands (Ski Mode) if you will.
It is so rare anymore to see a Trans Am that doesnt look like 40 miles of bad road anymore and it could get worse
if stunts were to scrap these great cars.
J-turn & reverse J-turns are not a bad thing to throw in the show perhaps, however the team Paul casey has in mind will be the best because what he has been a part of with Duke-Fest has been a cool thing indeed for Duke Fans.
With a two day event as well as all the people involved here, there is no doubt it will be an outstanding event.

Saugus is a great show but it is very restricted as to what can be done so this will be a Knight Rider Fan's
Dream come true. :dash4: :kittconv2: Time to button up.

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:31 pm

im gonna try my best to be there to meet all you great people

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm

THANK YOU!

I appreciate all of the emails, PMs and responses posted from the forum and members.

Details are almost finished...the website will be published by mid-September. All details for hotels, schedule and related will be there. This event is for you.

Keep on writing...and remember you only have a few months to have your cars ready for KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2009.

Paul Casey
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:04 pm

"Everyone is coming to Knight Rider Festival Las Vegas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5u89KyrYbI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you can be there too!
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

krenigma
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by krenigma » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey! Krenigma from the Knight Rider VFX team. Just letting you know, myself, Vertigo, z00 story and and the other key crew here at Master Key Films all plan on coming to this, and we'd love to do a panel on Knight Rider VFX if the organizers are interested...

Krenigma
http://www.masterkeyfilms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

That would be fantastic to have you guys do a panel! Maybe with a cool test footage reel? I absolutely vote "yes".
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:16 pm

I think the site Knight Rider Festival 2009 will be a great show! :)

Alex.

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:56 am

Hello

I was wondering I live in Florida and I know there are lout of fans on the east coast of the USA. Why don't they ever have festivals,fairs,shows,comic cons,and etc.. over here . To me i don't think its fair that we have to fly or drive all they way over their for stuff they should think of other locations to make it easier for fans to go to. Like Orlando at universal or more near the center of the east cost like some where in the Carolina 's for us to get there better. They way the economy and money is tight and not a lot of people don't have money to make it that far to an event and want to if it was closer to there area to travel. I am a person on a fixed income and would love to see these events and i cant go because it is not close for me. And i hope to speak for those see what i am talking about . And i hope event people take in consideration for that fact that you would get more people to events if you come over here more often other than favoritism the west coast all the time and we feel that you don't consider us over to that live on the east coast. these are my thought and hope people take in consideration of what i said and i feel for those who cares about what i said

Jeremiah :good:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:05 am

Wow, I am amazed at how wonderful this show is looking...Thank You for your hard work...I would like to know if there will be some form of registration or way to get an itinerary when I am not a replica owner? I would love to see the panel of individuals and partake in the events. I would think that the dinner would obviously be limited but will the meet and greet of all these wonderful Guest Stars *including the VFX guys* be limited or will be conventionlike or Fairlike?

One more question-Will there be a fee to partake in the meet and greet event? I totally understand the costs of throwing a large convention like this.

Thank You soo much for setting all this up...I will be booking my room next week. :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Paul;
I know that you are friends with George Barris, & that got me to wondering if George could get Barry Meguire
of Car Crazy on the Speed Channel to come & do a story on Knight Festival.
At this point Im making contacts with various cast members such as Rebecca Holden, who was very gracious
to join us at Saugus Speedway a couple of years ago as well as contacting Entertainment Tonight as well, because
as Trump says this is going to be "HUGE"!!!
As you know Make A Wish & Childrens Miracle Network are near and dear to my heart.
Take care and Happy Thanks Giving everyone,

Dave Doggett. :dash: :kitt2: :kittspin:

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 am

Paul Casey,

Strength and success!

Alex.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 am

mykittcar wrote:Hello

I was wondering I live in Florida and I know there are lout of fans on the east coast of the USA. Why don't they ever have festivals,fairs,shows,comic cons,and etc.. over here . To me i don't think its fair that we have to fly or drive all they way over their for stuff they should think of other locations to make it easier for fans to go to. Like Orlando at universal or more near the center of the east cost like some where in the Carolina 's for us to get there better. They way the economy and money is tight and not a lot of people don't have money to make it that far to an event and want to if it was closer to there area to travel. I am a person on a fixed income and would love to see these events and i cant go because it is not close for me. And i hope to speak for those see what i am talking about . And i hope event people take in consideration for that fact that you would get more people to events if you come over here more often other than favoritism the west coast all the time and we feel that you don't consider us over to that live on the east coast. these are my thought and hope people take in consideration of what i said and i feel for those who cares about what i said

Jeremiah :good:
Again, it was tried and it never really panned out.
KnightCon 97 through KnightCon 2000 -- all took place in Orlando, Florida.
From what I heard, attendance was so erratic and unpredictable -- they pulled the plug.
Heck, I lived down in Orlando at the time -- and I never bothered to go. It was free admission and everything... I guess some of us fans are lazy.

Florida (and the East Coast) is probably a horrible place to host KR conventions. There are too many other things to do down there (Disney, Universal). They just couldn't get people to show up. If you want to see what took place at the time -- there is a DVD of the old Knightcon conventions on Amazon.com.... That's probably the last time a KR convention will ever be in Florida.