KI3T's Miraculous Healing

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KI3T's Miraculous Healing

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:32 am

I was pondering a fanfic and couldn't answer:

"How did KI3T become totally repaired in that ditch?"

He could use the connection with the SSC to repair programs and regenerate power. But what about the physical aspect? Yeah he has that holographic generator to build the parts. But who installed them? He looked simply perfect after the repair.

Just curious. :? What do you think?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Re: KI3T's Miraculous Healing

Post by trissybabes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:39 am

Nanotech, at a guess.

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 am

It was nanotech. During the episode when KI3T would talk you could see a status screen going up that was repairing him.

One thing I appreciated was when KI3T picked them up he was dirty. Not perfect and not shiny. Made the damage a bit more real IMO
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:46 am

I still prefer the MBS, but I would at least like an explaination on the show of why this KITT has Nano-stuff as opposed to MBS, why is Nano-stuff an advantage over MBS.

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:I still prefer the MBS, but I would at least like an explaination on the show of why this KITT has Nano-stuff as opposed to MBS, why is Nano-stuff an advantage over MBS.
They can't have MBS cause in the original series the formula was lost. Nanotech has the advantage of doing repairs. Think of the Golith episode when KI2T was smashed. This way KI3T could help with the repairs. My thoughts at least
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:19 pm

The formula wasn't lost in the original series, IIRC only one of the three who had the formula died and only two were needed. However, with Devon dead it could be lost now, though it doesn't make much sense that there wouldn't have been steps taken to preserve it. I think it'd probably be more of a choice to not use it due to it's short comings or other issues.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:26 pm

All of you overlook the weaknesses of MBS. Even though it was understood to be practically indestructable, there were hints here and there that it was just as vulnerable, if not more than nanotech. KI2T couldn't face dead on explosives more than a few times without experiencing technical malfunctions. KI3T is able to repair himself on site. I think we need more scenarios to prove nanotech worthy to most of you, because even though MBS is there whether KITT is on or off, it needs to be maintained in the end, just like the nano skin.

What I'd like to see is KI3T winding up somewhere in some ultra magnetic field that may comprimise the nanotech's abilities....possibily KI3T's shell flaking apart like an old pine tree.

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Not quite.

If KI3T has MBS as well as nano-tech, then he could divert less power toward managing damage and use that energy more effective elsewhere.

MBS and nano-tech shouldn't be mutually exclusive...it'd be cool if KI3T is invulnerable to normal bullets, but could repair itself when hit by the big guns.

YMMV.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 pm

You are all making an assumption that KI3T doesn't have an MBS.
I don't believe that -- I believe KI3T has nanotech and an MBS.

Its my belief that the entire car can't be nanotech -- there are certain pieces of the car that would need
to be static. For example, I believe the KI3T has a chassis/platform that supports the car's body with nanotech.
There is no reason why this undercarriage wouldn't have the spray-on MBS (as depicted in KR: TOS). I believe that they will probably explain all this as the series continues. Remember, they didn't use the term Molecular Bonded Shell until Season 2 of the original series if I remember correctly.

But it is my belief (whether implied or not so far in the series) -- that KI3T has both the MBS and Nanotech.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:15 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:You are all making an assumption that KI3T doesn't have an MBS.
I don't believe that -- I believe KI3T has nanotech and an MBS.

Its my belief that the entire car can't be nanotech -- there are certain pieces of the car that would need
to be static. For example, I believe the KI3T has a chassis/platform that supports the car's body with nanotech.
There is no reason why this undercarriage wouldn't have the spray-on MBS (as depicted in KR: TOS). I believe that they will probably explain all this as the series continues. Remember, they didn't use the term Molecular Bonded Shell until Season 2 of the original series if I remember correctly.

But it is my belief (whether implied or not so far in the series) -- that KI3T has both the MBS and Nanotech.

Good point but the Stang and F150 have a completely different sized wheelbase, so id guess its all nanotech, even the interior :D

Dont wish to get in a discussion about this, if I had a to make guess, I would say Kitts been sprayed with a liberal coating of TV magic. :)

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 am

Yeah, KITT is very very Disney LOL

You all seen the pilot. We know KITT gets fragile when his systems are down. I seriously dont believe MBS is a part of anything on KI3T's body. Look at the recent transformations: inside and out, everything changes. How is MBS suppose to hold with all those wild transformations? It's a shell, not a skin.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 am

I wasn't really considering the MBS. I had been under the assumption that the nanotech was a "skin". That really had no dealings with the inner compartments of the vehicle. Would the nanotech be involved throughout like even to involve physcical components of KI3T? Maybe it would be how the cop car looked so realistic even down to the laptop center console.

And I LOVED it!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:00 am

I was gonna make a topic once i had given this more thought, but now's as good a time as any....

Is KI3T even really a car, or just reprogrambale matter?
What if that "globe" is really the only true non-nano matter to the car, allowing the rest of the "car" to be rearranged and reassembled around it.
It would make "sense," seeing as if you watch the transformations, the tires change, the inside changes, basically the entire structure comes apart and connects to another part.
Watch closely to episode 2, when KI3T changes into the truck....
The matter of the car comes apart and makes the new form....

Just my opinion though....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 am

If KI3T has MBS as well as nano-tech, then he could divert less power toward managing damage and use that energy more effective elsewhere.
ThAT"s what I can't figure out, does KITT have both? All I want is at least an explanation of the lack of MBS, was it lost, ineffective, or is it a combinatio of the nanostuff and MBS? Is it Nano actually an upgraded version of the MBS? Just an explanation to it's benefit.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:44 pm

"reprogrammable matter"
What an interesting idea. So the parts for each tranformation are not inside waiting to come out but are actually in a state of flux waiting for the program to initiate it.
Cool! What an interesting idea.

And I LOVED it!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:23 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:"reprogrammable matter"
What an interesting idea. So the parts for each tranformation are not inside waiting to come out but are actually in a state of flux waiting for the program to initiate it.
Cool! What an interesting idea.
I came up with that therory (and i'm also stating it here, MY thereory :lol: ) after the last episode when Sarah told KI3T to run the new algorithm program.... then i got curious and started researching them... and this paragraph struck it home....
In mathematics, computing, linguistics and related subjects, an algorithm is a sequence of finite instructions, often used for calculation and data processing. It is formally a type of effective method in which a list of well-defined instructions for completing a task will, when given an initial state, proceed through a well-defined series of successive states, eventually terminating in an end-state. The transition from one state to the next is not necessarily deterministic; some algorithms, known as probabilistic algorithms, incorporate randomness.

It made me think about the transformations....and how maybe KI3T isnt really even a car, but that is it's "standard/default" program.
It explains alot for me anyways....
Put the word out!

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Well, yeah.

The F-150 just can't be explained. It makes no sense.
If they had selected a short wheelbase F-150, it was within reason.

But a Shelby Mustang morphing into an Quad Cab F-150 -- considering the mass difference is rough 2000 lbs....
There is really no logical explanation.

Still, I believe that the car's undercarriage has to support the Nanotech in a fairly static shape. Therefore, I don't understand why the Chassis wouldn't have the MBS. I know an upcoming episode is going to explain why F.L.A.G. became Knight Industries..... Looking forward for them to fill in the blanks......

cerdjee4
Volunteer

Post by cerdjee4 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:29 pm

the nanotech itself is not bad at all i love it, but the transforming stuff really SUCKS i mean how can a bloody car transorm in a ****** pickup, thats just sick
and the interieur after the transformation mike sits in another chair how the (ahum) can a chair change when somebody sits on it.
and the steering wheel while mike is touching the wheel to drive.
the 80's KITT couldn't transform, ok mayby in super pursuit mode but there aren't alot changes, only some parts that come out but this is like the whole car falls apart and than mike sits there without a problem in a chair that changes form and colour and the wheel too and then the car flies and you see santa on a pig and arnold swarsenegger in a thong.
god thats just impossible.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:45 pm

cerdjee4 wrote:god thats just impossible.
thats because it's an escapism-based television show.
This is fantasy people!!
They dont want it to be real, cause like i said in another thread..............what would be the point?
Put the word out!

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Sure, its escapist entertainment.... But there are limits -- you have to at least
believe some of these things are possible. The truck thing still doesn't make sense.

The original show didn't violate physics as badly -- it lasted 4 seasons. If they
keep jumping off the deep end, they risk losing viewers.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:Sure, its escapist entertainment.... But there are limits -- you have to at least
believe some of these things are possible. The truck thing still doesn't make sense.

The original show didn't violate physics as badly -- it lasted 4 seasons. If they
keep jumping off the deep end, they risk losing viewers.
i dont know if you noticed, but the show has maintained steadied ratings....probably because of what they're doing.

The show is trying to draw in a new audience- the kids and teens of today... most of which actually like the transformations.
My 16 year old brother hates the original show, but is extremely obsessed with this new incarnation, to the point where he gets his friends to watch it and strangely enough, they all really like this show.

I know all the older fans want this to be more like the old show, but the truth is- just like knight rider appealed to all you "old school" fans back when you were kids, this new show appeals to the "transformers/fastandfurious/missionimpossible" generation.
They're the new viewers that are keeping this boat afloat and actually allowing us to see a "Michael Knight" and a "KITT" on television again. I'm happy enough for that.
Besides, this show has to build it's own foundation and following to establish itself before they can attend to the older crowd.
Put the word out!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:00 am

Faithful Car KRO
In mathematics, computing, linguistics and related subjects, an algorithm is a sequence of finite instructions, often used for calculation and data processing. It is formally a type of effective method in which a list of well-defined instructions for completing a task will, when given an initial state, proceed through a well-defined series of successive states, eventually terminating in an end-state. The transition from one state to the next is not necessarily deterministic; some algorithms, known as probabilistic algorithms, incorporate randomness.

It made me think about the transformations....and how maybe KI3T isnt really even a car, but that is it's "standard/default" program.
Wouldn't some matter have to stay static to provide a balance/control to the system? Or am I wayyyy off?

And I LOVED it!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Well the way I see it is that KITT is using nanotech, as in molecularly sized parts that can reform to take any shape. That is why when he is hit by a bullet they can flow back together. His new way of morphing is still using nanotech but instead of all the molecules flowing into shape, KITT is keeping them in more of an order while he moves them so that they can still perform their jobs like to drive etc. As to how he repaired himself. I think the problem wasn’t with his nanotech but with the hard drive that controlled the nanotech. (I’m guessing his hard drives are not made out of nanotech.) As soon as he installed the new drive he was able to repair himself again.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Hey, you know what? That could be the control. Good idea.

And I LOVED it!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 pm

I believe that's a chip, not a hard drive...
Besides, in the February BD Pilot we can see that KITT had several TBs of hard disk space in there :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good: