KR:TOS questions from a newbie

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FordFilly82
Operative

KR:TOS questions from a newbie

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:02 am

Ok, since I have become rather popular in the Chat's with TOS questions, LOL, here is a list of several:
(please forgive some spelling mistakes; certain letters on kepad are bad and sometimes give out w/out notice.)

I have read several FAQ's reagrding the cancelation of TOS. But it never gives great details on these reasons.
How far in advance did TOS cast &/or crew know of KR's cancellation? Was it sudden? Or did the have time to create an "ending"?

Next:
Was there ever an ep where Mike and Bonnie kissed? I hear all the time how people "root" for Mike & Bonnie; and while I see the chemistri, I haven't yet seen an ep where they expressed this feeling physically.

Was the Trans Am very popular b/c of KR? I would think so, since the show was such a hit, but that's not always the case.

I think that's it for now! :kittconv:
I know there are others soon in coming so I will probably still drive people crazy in the chats! ROFL
And thanks guys!
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

crashb648
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR:TOS questions from a newbie

Post by crashb648 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:00 am

FordFilly82 wrote:I have read several FAQ's reagrding the cancelation of TOS. But it never gives great details on these reasons. How far in advance did TOS cast &/or crew know of KR's cancellation? Was it sudden? Or did the have time to create an "ending"?
Well, the orginial series of Knight Rider was cancalled quite suddenly, as the show never got a proper ending. The last episode of knight rider was voo doo knight.
FordFilly82 wrote:Was there ever an ep where Mike and Bonnie kissed? I hear all the time how people "root" for Mike & Bonnie; and while I see the chemistri, I haven't yet seen an ep where they expressed this feeling physically.
Not that I know of (that Michael and bonnie kissed). But I may be wrong.
FordFilly82 wrote:Was the Trans Am very popular b/c of KR? I would think so, since the show was such a hit, but that's not always the case.
The transam was so popular that pontiac asked knight rider to stop referring to the car as a transam, because of the hugh interest in the car. It was referred to as a black T-top afterwards.

Hope that answers your questions!
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:00 am

I seem to remember reading somewhere that "Scent of the Roses" was intended to be the last episode. This is the episode where Michael is shot and decides to leave the Foundation, and he and Stephanie finally get married, but she is killed as they are walking down the aisle. The end of the episode is done with the feel of an ending, but they had decided to move it to midseason to help with ratings. I can't remember where I heard or read this, if someone knows where this information is obtainable at, I would appreciate a link.

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:02 pm

http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks for the link. I thought I had remembered it being a little more official than DH's desire. Either way, that episode always had a finale feel to me, especially with the closing scene when KITT asks Michael where they are going, and Michael replies that they are going home, to the Foundation. I wish they had made that the finale, because Voodoo Knight was just too campy to be the finale. :spmgo:

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:29 pm

knightfever wrote:Voodoo Knight was just too campy to be the finale.
Very true. I thought it was one of the wrost knight rider episodes ever.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:13 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:Was there ever an ep where Mike and Bonnie kissed? I hear all the time how people "root" for Mike & Bonnie; and while I see the chemistri, I haven't yet seen an ep where they expressed this feeling physically.
In later seasons Micheal did give Bonnie a peck on the cheek sometimes. But their relationship was very much brother/sister.

And I think that feeling of "Family" really showed through in season 3 and 4.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:28 am

Wow! thanks guys!
The way everyone talks about "Scent" I think I missed a great ep!
Though I am from a generation that watched the reruns on Sci-Fi or WGN. So there are a few eps I can recall from memory: Knights in the Fast lane" and few others, and since I was 4 when season 4 ended, there's a good chance that I may have seen "scent" and not remember it yet. LOL

So far, Season 3 is pretty good. But I have only seen about 6 eps and not "in order" (damn netflix).
Anyway, I know that when some eps are filmed they are given a certain number like the production code. But different. Basically is there a way, other than word of mouth, that we can tell that eps like "scent" were flimed first?
I'm probably just being anal, but you never know! LOL
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.

Petition #2507

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:36 am

I don't understand, how can anyone say that season 4 had flaws compared to that of previous seasons of TOS?

In my defense I'd say season 4 was by far the best! I read that they spent over $250.000 in order to add some new features to the show, such as SPM. The last season was so much more updated on all fields: Kitt had a new nose, a new voice modulator and lots of other new functions. Michael had his hair cut so that it wouldn't look like it did in season 2 at which point it appeared very big. The stories got even better and the character developements were shooting up exponentially!

Yes, I know that perhaps they were getting a bit worn out but didn't Hasselhoff say that he was devistated when the show got cancelled?

Whilist the number of viewers were dropping I wouldn't say it was because of the show at hand but rather the case that people had enough, almost like saying: "Seen one, seen 'em all!"
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:39 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
I don't understand, how can anyone say that season 4 had flaws compared to that of previous seasons of TOS?

In my defense I'd say season 4 was by far the best! I read that they spent over $250.000 in order to add some new features to the show, such as SPM. The last season was so much more updated on all fields: Kitt had a new nose, a new voice modulator and lots of other new functions. Michael had his hair cut so that it wouldn't look like it did in season 2 at which point it appeared very big. The stories got even better and the character developements were shooting up exponentially!

Yes, I know that perhaps they were getting a bit worn out but didn't Hasselhoff say that he was devistated when the show got cancelled?

Whilist the number of viewers were dropping I wouldn't say it was because of the show at hand but rather the case that people had enough, almost like saying: "Seen one, seen 'em all!"
I said that I thought that Voo Doo knight was one of the wrost knight rider episodes ever. But Season 4 i agree with you, it had lots of extra features (spm etc) and there was some great episodes in it.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:01 am

crashb648 wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:

I said that I thought that Voo Doo knight was one of the wrost knight rider episodes ever. But Season 4 i agree with you, it had lots of extra features (spm etc) and there was some great episodes in it.
I feel the same way, I thought season 4 was on par with the rest of the seasons. I just think that VooDoo Knight was not the best episode to end the series on. I wish they had gone with The Hoff's wishes and made Scent of the Roses the final episode. I know there are a lot of people who didn't like SPM, that it somehow made the show "Jump the Shark" but as an 11 year old boy, I thought it was the most exciting thing ever.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 pm

I don't think Voodoo Knight was all that bad. In fact it was quite interesting to see how someone could control another being and give him super strength. However, I do agree on the fact that they shouldn't have ended the series with this episode in particular. The Scent of Roses would have been an excellent choice, unfortunately though it was cancelled at an instant which didn't give them the space to end the series in a way they wanted to.

The SPM was great and exactly why some people didn't like it is beyond my thinking. I mean, did people really prefer let's say the screens on Kitt's dashboard from season 1 and 2 compared to the ones they used in 3 and 4? The screens in season 1 and 2 featured pac-man graphics with unrealistic road mapping whereas in the later seasons Kitt was mounted with an extraodinary system that provided infrared bluprints of various buildings in the area.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:32 am

Oh man! Have I got people talking or what!? LOL
well I have seen all the ep's from S3 I couldnd I liked it. It was on par with S1 romance-wise but w/o the "whoredog" feeling I kept getting in S1. LOL
I *defintli* liked the graphics in S3 compared with the past 2 seasons.

Jaggernaut is bi far one of the best "Knight"'s I have seen. (sorri hubbi's comp has a few buttons that stick)
One problem: the "morhping" that Kitt goes into when he's in SPM is stupid! It's like watching KR08 go into attack mode! It's stupid andhas no real effect!
Someone please explian to me how those "vents" on the doors actualli help Kitt go *faster*. Pfft!
It's ridiculous!
Also I am not sure but could part of Kr's demise (aside from the stupid SPM feature) be b/c thei brought in am African-american cast member?

Just some more questions. Thanks!

Petition #2507

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:03 am

Someone please explian to me how those "vents" on the doors actualli help Kitt go *faster*. Pfft!
It's ridiculous!
One word: aerodynamics!

Take a look at the Lamborghini in the picture below:

[img=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5051/99848974ip7.th.png][img=http://img230.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]

The vents are made for better airflow or in some cases to cool the engine. They don't work like rocket thrusters if that's what you think.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
It's ridiculous!
One word: aerodynamics!

Take a look at the Lamborghini in the picture below:

[img=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5051/99848974ip7.th.png][img=http://img230.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]

The vents are made for better airflow or in some cases to cool the engine. They don't work like rocket thrusters if that's what you think.
Thanks! I kinda did, but I knew better! I at least know that much about cars! LOL
However, I still thinks it looks dorky. Sorry guys! LOL
But I also like the 08Pilot "attack" mode better too so.... he he

Petition #2507

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:10 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:Also I am not sure but could part of Kr's demise (aside from the stupid SPM feature) be b/c thei brought in am African-american cast member?
Of all things that brought down KR,it's definitely not RC.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
FordFilly82 wrote:Also I am not sure but could part of Kr's demise (aside from the stupid SPM feature) be b/c thei brought in am African-american cast member?
I really didn't think so. But you never can tell. I haven't seen anymore S4 eps yet, but I like the RC3 character. He's kinda cool! LOL

Petition #2507

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 am

FordFilly82 wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
I really didn't think so. But you never can tell. I haven't seen anymore S4 eps yet, but I like the RC3 character. He's kinda cool! LOL
When I talked about RC,I meant that his race was not an issue.But I don't think his character was the problem at all.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 am

Yeah by the time KR went off air, TV execs were pretty much over that whole thing.

Petition #2507

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 pm

1 OR two episodes there were, where...Bonnie & Michael almost came to a kiss....one with the demise of KARR...or so we are led to believe.....
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:39 am

T.A.H.O.E. wrote:1 OR two episodes there were, where...Bonnie & Michael almost came to a kiss....one with the demise of KARR...or so we are led to believe.....
Yeah I saw that one!
A very funny scene! LOL
Kinda made go (snaps fingers) "darn!" :P

Petition #2507

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Sorry to shift the topic a bit, but since it's about questions. I've seen a lot of references to KITT first going online at the Pentagon recently. Can anyone tell me the episode in which he says that? I searched the board because I know I've read it before but I couldn't find it, thanks.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:51 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Sorry to shift the topic a bit, but since it's about questions. I've seen a lot of references to KITT first going online at the Pentagon recently. Can anyone tell me the episode in which he says that? I searched the board because I know I've read it before but I couldn't find it, thanks.
Sure I'll just quote myself,
"It was season two, Goliath Returns. At time code 15:28
KITT is heard saying, “Actually I first went online in a mainframe in Washington. But the government bureaucracy never suited me, too stuffy.”'
viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=12650&p=150397#p150397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:58 am

i also beleive that season 4 was better the season 3 the main reason knight rider was cancelled was due to nbc and unversal's budget cuts, nbc setting the show up for failure by moving in bad time slots to compete with other shows

i really liked RC3. they could of brought back Garth Knight saying that he teamed up with murdoc as a crossover with macgyver. because they really did not show a body or confirmed that he died like murdoc (murdoc never dies) or KARR at the end of trust does not rust.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am

The onlyt reason Garth never returned after S2 is B/c Hoff requested it. Accoriding to info I found, the process to change from Knight to Garth was too much for Hoff to want to deal with so he asked that they not use Garth again.
Though more w/Jennifer would have been nice......

Petition #2507