Results: KI3T Stolen

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Results: KI3T Stolen

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 am

A Few months ago, I remember the news story of KI3T being stolen in Toronto Canada.

There was much debate as to whether it was real. Then E! Canada or some franchise thereof announced a contest I guess.

Was this story real? Did they ever find the missing KI3T? Was there a winner? :?:

I still think about that car.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Results: KI3T Stolen

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:A Few months ago, I remember the news story of KI3T being stolen in Toronto Canada.

There was much debate as to whether it was real. Then E! Canada or some franchise thereof announced a contest I guess.

Was this story real? Did they ever find the missing KI3T? Was there a winner? :?:

I still think about that car.
It was a publicity stunt, I googled it. It was some weirdo spot KITT contest, someone won a new Mustang GT and the rest got Knight Rider GPS units. I couldn't find any winner names but I assume someone did and it was a Canada only deal, that is just totally @&^# wrong for it to be Canada only.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 am

Thank You Soooo Much for answering.....

I had figured that it was a shadowy flight of a car that did exist. Somewhere out there.....

And I LOVED it!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 am

During the pilot 2 hour movie they had a contest to win a 2008 shelby cobra mustang by answering a few questions so i don't think it was a Canada only contest.Did we ever find out who was the winner of that contest back in February?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 am

Wow I don't know....

Here in the US we had a "Win KITT" contest similar to that....All you had to do was answer what the new name KITT stood for. I never heard who one that KITT. Darn it, I didn't.

And I LOVED it!

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 am

Knight Racer wrote:During the pilot 2 hour movie they had a contest to win a 2008 shelby cobra mustang by answering a few questions so i don't think it was a Canada only contest.Did we ever find out who was the winner of that contest back in February?
I entered that contest, the contest itself vanished over time. No winner announcement no nothing. Total david copperfield poof.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:17 am

Many are of the opinion that it was a botched up publicity stunt. Some believe it was a 'stunt' gone wrong in that the car was never meant to be stolen and that NBC quickly put a spin on the whole event to make out like it was all very much planned - Basically they cashed in on the negative publicity..... all publicity is GOOD publicity.

There is footage to be easily found that shows the 'organizer' of the Toronto event swearing at the top of his voice in front of a large crowd of onlookers seconds after the car is stolen. Theres no way in hell a planned 'theft' would have included such foul language with children around.

NBC made the most of a bad situation - Then quickly hoped everyone would forget about it. :wink:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm

I found it kinda weird that nowhere, or in any newspapers did I see anything that had to do with this.

I bet it was a publicity stunt........

Weren't there commercials on E! regarding this????? Makes me think it was a North American contest.

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:58 am

KittCARR wrote:I found it kinda weird that nowhere, or in any newspapers did I see anything that had to do with this.

Weren't there commercials on E! regarding this????? Makes me think it was a North American contest.

Joey.
E! Canda had something about it. Just Google Kitt-Napping with or without the hyphen you'll find a bunch of results.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
KittCARR wrote:I found it kinda weird that nowhere, or in any newspapers did I see anything that had to do with this.

Joey.
E! Canda had something about it. Just Google Kitt-Napping with or without the hyphen you'll find a bunch of results.
I'm sticking by my belief that there is no way an organized 'stunt' would involve someone swearing and cussing at the top of his voice at the person who was loading up the ramp onto the truck.... here take a look. Listen for the guy shouting 'IDIOT! F****** IDIOT!' He walks up and down from where the car was to the booth, then to some onlookers to ask them to stay where they are, presumably to talk to the police.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnjdRHZoqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:27 am

Well at least we know someone who will be the first to have their very own new knight rider conversion.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:30 am

My guess is it was stripped or dumped shortly after..

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Thank You, I will look into it.

Now if they were offered KITT or cash, did they keep KITT? :kittconv:

I think I would keep KITT.

That video does make me believe that he was really stolen.

And I LOVED it!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:28 pm

I went digging around on search engines now for about 2 hrs. I found a lot of spectulations but no real results....

I then went "straight to the horse's mouth". I went to Canwest media and eonline and searched for the promo or results of the promo. They had some KR press releases but none on this subject.

So if you found out a winner or something could you post the link. I am really beginning to believe it really was stolen. Huh? :?:

And I LOVED it!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12162&st=0&sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is the original thread. I'm still firmly in the camp that he wasn't stolen. But hey it's a postmodern world truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 pm

chrisjones wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:

Joey.
I'm sticking by my belief that there is no way an organized 'stunt' would involve someone swearing and cussing at the top of his voice at the person who was loading up the ramp onto the truck.... here take a look. Listen for the guy shouting 'IDIOT! F****** IDIOT!' He walks up and down from where the car was to the booth, then to some onlookers to ask them to stay where they are, presumably to talk to the police.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnjdRHZoqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If they're going to cuss then well...I guess it might be real.Because I think if they are going to do a PR stunt,I guess they'd make sure they don't cuss.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9