Sarah Graiman: Beautiful, but...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Sarah Graiman: Beautiful, but...

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:27 am

I don't think we'll get any argument that Deanna Russo, the actress, is stunning. But Sarah Graiman, the character, does not know how to dress. She works in a cave, yet she always looks like she's ready to go to a Debutante Ball. Too much make-up, jewelry is too flashy, she over-dresses. I expect that from Zoe, not Sarah.

Some advice for the wardrobe and make-up people: you do NOT have to do a lot of work to make Deanna look beautiful. Just put her in jeans and a t-shirt and she'll still look fantastic. And then it will have more of an impact when she DOES dress up for those special occasions. But as it stands now, her "look" is a distraction because it doesn't seem to match the character. She's tough-as-nails, AND a super-geek, AND a fashion model? No.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Re: Sarah Graiman: Beautiful, but...

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 am

I think she dresses in a way that is always kind of "revealing" to the viewers. Just look at the entire episodes we had, there's a countless cleavage shots of Deanna in there (the best one I thought was from the Hard Day's Knight episode, she's actually, like, showing her yellow bra off, yes I know I'm naughty, but I can't help it). But I do agree with you that sometimes she overdresses, like in the last episode she wore some kind of purple dress in the Cave. That's kinda too much...
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:56 am

But as it stands now, her "look" is a distraction because it doesn't seem to match the character. She's tough-as-nails, AND a super-geek, AND a fashion model? No.
I agree! It's very distracting and they must reconsider how the actors should dress up in order to portray their field of work (i.e. scientist? - a dress and tons of make-up would probably not be appropriate.)

The fact that they bring too much emotions between Mike and Sarah annoyes the crap out of me. Half the airing time we must deal with Sarah and her involvement with Mike (i.e. emotionally). Get rid of that! This isn't a love story but then again, what do I know. Maybe the producer ment it be a lot more emotional than TOS?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 am

I don't disagree, but I see why they're doing it. It's not new either; whether they want to portray the character as classy, glamour-beautiful, or they just want to show off the clothes (hey, they pay for the show too), it's understandable. Having said that, they could tone it down a bit. As long as Sarah doesn't end up like Prison Break's Sara (damn, poor Wayne Callies' looks are getting wasted in that show).

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Its not just Sarah, some of cast just don't look right in their attire. Carrie in the SSC looks like she is just about to go out to a party aswell. Maybe its part of the whole light-hearted look to the show. If they dressed like they should, we would end up with the SSC looking exactly the same as CTU from 24 series.

I have to agree with Mike. She can't be all those things at the same time. This reminds me of Bonnie in the original series. More often than not she was in those work overalls which made episodes such as Knight Sting more of an impact.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah it's funny, everyone that defends Sarah's role points out that "times have changed" and that women aren't the damsels in distress any more. And yet Sarah dresses more stereotypically female than Bonnie ever did.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:13 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Yeah it's funny, everyone that defends Sarah's role points out that "times have changed" and that women aren't the damsels in distress any more. And yet Sarah dresses more stereotypically female than Bonnie ever did.
True that. It’s not like were saying she has to always wear business suits or always be a tom boy. Being a modern woman doesn’t mean you’re not a woman. I think out of all the woman in the group she’s the one the girls are going to be looking at as a roll model, and well you want girls to know that you don’t have to dress like that all the time. I think it puts too much pressure on young girls to have to be smart, tough and stunning all the time. And I know, I know, it’s the old argument of how much influence does TV really have on kids.. well you don’t want it reinforcing any bad influences kids might have already had. Okay I’ll get off my soap box. But just to be clear there’s nothing wrong with looking hot from time to time.. but you don’t want it to be so over the top that it becomes ridiculous.. like Baywatch for example.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 pm

but you don’t want it to be so over the top that it becomes ridiculous.. like Baywatch for example.
You think women in bathingsuits are ridiculous? What are they supposed to wear as lifequards at a beach in order to not look ridiculous?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:24 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:You think women in bathingsuits are ridiculous? What are they supposed to wear as lifequards at a beach in order to not look ridiculous?
I'm at the beach pretty much every weekend throughout the summer. Believe me, the lifeguards I see (generally) don't look anything like the Baywatch crowd. They're certainly not running in slow motion!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I'm at the beach pretty much every weekend throughout the summer. Believe me, the lifeguards I see (generally) don't look anything like the Baywatch crowd. They're certainly not running in slow motion!
Very true, that. You made me LOL'd so hard with that last quote :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:09 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:They're certainly not running in slow motion!
You've destroyed the delusion of a generation. Chandler and Joey hate you.

KTMCDO
Recruit

Post by KTMCDO » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 am

i agree Sarah should be wearing more of a scientists outfit
while at work after hours dress causal or formal based on the
occassion
and i havent really seen her doing any repair jobs
to KITT

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Before when I fist saw her in the "Pilot", she looked "plain & geeky" to me, now she's "phat 2 def!!!!!!!"
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 pm

It wouldn't be right to see her working on kitt in a $5,000 dress. Give her some coveralls. Every few weeks through some of her in a dress for eye candy.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm

While I personally don't have issue with the "distractions" in Sarah's case, with the purple dress it was an intivative plot device for Michael, which drove a point in, but I do agree, she doesn't always have to be so overly sexed up. Sarah's going to be sexy regardless.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Agreed too. This was one of bugbears. She would be stunning in just KR overalls. She doesn't need a push-up bra to show cleavage all day every day. I doubt most self-respecting "scientists" would dress like her on a regular basis. That scene in HDK would have had more of an impact had we not seen her dressed up before.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 pm

KTMCDO wrote:i agree Sarah should be wearing more of a scientists outfit
while at work after hours dress causal or formal based on the
occassion
and i havent really seen her doing any repair jobs
to KITT

me neither, hehe, probably too busy doing her makeup :D

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 am

Knight2000 wrote:Agreed too. This was one of bugbears. She would be stunning in just KR overalls. She doesn't need a push-up bra to show cleavage all day every day. I doubt most self-respecting "scientists" would dress like her on a regular basis. That scene in HDK would have had more of an impact had we not seen her dressed up before.
Man I love that yellow push up bra from A Hard Day's Knight... :shock: