Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Re: Ep 13 and ideas for future...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Charles and MK snr were definitely still in contact, how else would MK have known to attend Jennifer's funeral...

Even with the best technicians in the world, its just not feasible to upgrade technology from more than 25 years ago (remember KITTs AI was online in the pentagon for several years before being installed in the T/A, which is also another reason why KI2T seemed more 'developed' than the 3000)

At some point in KITTs history he will have become obsolete as an O/S just as i'm now using a laptop which is several times more powerful than the 128k Spectrum i used to have back in '87 and the two are certainly NOT compatible!

Its still possible that his memory banks were backed up though in a format that COULD be upgraded, so its feasible that KITT the AI at least could return...

I'd like to see KITT as MK snr's wristcom...

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:58 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Charles and MK snr were definitely still in contact, how else would MK have known to attend Jennifer's funeral...

Even with the best technicians in the world, its just not feasible to upgrade technology from more than 25 years ago (remember KITTs AI was online in the pentagon for several years before being installed in the T/A, which is also another reason why KI2T seemed more 'developed' than the 3000)

At some point in KITTs history he will have become obsolete as an O/S just as i'm now using a laptop which is several times more powerful than the 128k Spectrum i used to have back in '87 and the two are certainly NOT compatible!

Its still possible that his memory banks were backed up though in a format that COULD be upgraded, so its feasible that KITT the AI at least could return...

I'd like to see KITT as MK snr's wristcom...
Precisely it just gets to a point which is just not practical no matter how you slice it, but the A.I was probably saved and is still around in one form or another but for people to wish that they would bring the 80's Transam with KITT as if no time has passed whatsoever is prepostous 'im sorry but those are the facts...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Precisely it just gets to a point which is just not practical no matter how you slice it, but the A.I was probably saved and is still around in one form or another but for people to wish that they would bring the 80's Transam with KITT as if no time has passed whatsoever is prepostous 'im sorry but those are the facts...
Why is it preposterous? Just because technology would reach a point where KITT couldn't be upgraded you think they'd just destroy him? A) He's still got the molecular-bonded shell, which is something the new KITT can't match. B) The AI itself is still smarter than anything we have today and it knows more than the new KITT.

C) Beyond that, he's Michael's friend, and if nothing else, why wouldn't Michael continue to drive him around? He always liked older cars anyway.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:08 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Why is it preposterous? Just because technology would reach a point where KITT couldn't be upgraded you think they'd just destroy him? A) He's still got the molecular-bonded shell, which is something the new KITT can't match. B) The AI itself is still smarter than anything we have today and it knows more than the new KITT.

C) Beyond that, he's Michael's friend, and if nothing else, why wouldn't Michael continue to drive him around? He always liked older cars anyway.
Hey did even read what I posted, because obviously you did not! look again:
PunkMaister wrote:Precisely it just gets to a point which is just not practical no matter how you slice it, but the A.I was probably saved and is still around in one form or another but for people to wish that they would bring the 80's Transam with KITT as if no time has passed whatsoever is prepostous 'im sorry but those are the facts...
Did you noticed now? The A.I that is the software based artificial intelligence operating system that the original KITT had is most likely still around but not in the form and shape you expect, do not expect to see the old KITT if ever as the old original 80's transam. The A.I that was the original KITT was years before in the Pentagon so it is not that it was better proggramed but simply it had much more time to learn and interact with people before it was integrated into a car than the new KITT which is a baby by comparison but a baby that grows at a geometrical rate mind you...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm

I read what you wrote, but I don't see why it would be so preposterous that Michael would hold onto the Trans Am. Not to mention I don't know how you would dismantle and invincible car (short of dumping it in acid). I know they dismantled it in KR2000 but how I have no idea. And Michael was always a fan of classic cars (the '57 chevy) and after becoming so accustomed to driving that T/A, why wouldn't he keep it?

Even if they did remove the AI (which I still find it hard to believe MK would be very willing to part with it), I could expect him to hold onto his INVINCIBLE car.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:13 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I read what you wrote, but I don't see why it would be so preposterous that Michael would hold onto the Trans Am. Not to mention I don't know how you would dismantle and invincible car (short of dumping it in acid). I know they dismantled it in KR2000 but how I have no idea. And Michael was always a fan of classic cars (the '57 chevy) and after becoming so accustomed to driving that T/A, why wouldn't he keep it?

Even if they did remove the AI (which I still find it hard to believe MK would be very willing to part with it), I could expect him to hold onto his INVINCIBLE car.

Oh for crying loud get this thru that thick skull of yours KITT the car was never Michael's property ok? :roll: It was never his to keep! It always was and remained the property of FLAGG/Knight Industries and seriously think about it who on his or her right mind would leave on the hands of a private citizen such technology for him or her to own and do as he/she wishes? That's beyond madness! And Mind you the car was not indestructible it was destroyed almost totally or partially at least in 2 instances in the show, once when it was hit by a rocket and another when some compound was dropped on it that nullified it's armor and was vulnerable to a tank that especifically came to smash KITT to bits. KITT is KITT do not confuse it with Wolverine. Hmm I wonder if Adamantium coud ever be used to build a car like KITT now then it woulld really be indestructible as you claim... :mrgreen:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:04 pm

cloudkitt wrote: A) He's still got the molecular-bonded shell, which is something the new KITT can't match.
I disagree; the nanotech can change the color and form of the car, which the original KITT could not do. It can regenerate. It can adapt to new threats. It can contain damage to specific regions of the car's body.
B) The AI itself is still smarter than anything we have today and it knows more than the new KITT.
hmm I would have to say they are equal in knowledge. They never mentioned access to spy satellites in the old series that I recall, so if anything, the new one "knows more".
Well the car was the Foundation's property.

--Brian

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:08 pm

The car was in Michael Knight's name, that was established in first episode/Knight of the Phoenix/Pilot though yeah that was something that was apparently changed during the show's run. I do think Michael referred to KITT as "his" at one time after the pilot.

Personally, with KITT as well as being sentient I don't see anyone associated with KITT standing for his being deactivated or taken apart unless it's something KITT wanted.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 pm

I personally would not want to see Devon recast. I'm open to them either saying he's retired somewhere or that he passed away (naturally, not the idiotic way he went in KR 2000). Edward's performance was spot on for the character, and I really don't want to see anyone imitating him.

As for KITT, I don't believe that after all this time he'd still be inside the Trans Am. I keep thinking (based on nothing but my own idle speculation) that his AI has probably gone on to much bigger things. My fanfic theory that I play with in my head is that KI2T's AI is now a critical component of Prometheus or some related project. So long as he's not stuck in MK Sr's '57 Chevy, I'm good. ;)
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

PunkMaister wrote:Oh for crying loud get this thru that thick skull of yours KITT the car was never Michael's property ok? :roll: It was never his to keep! It always was and remained the property of FLAGG/Knight Industries and seriously think about it who on his or her right mind would leave on the hands of a private citizen such technology for him or her to own and do as he/she wishes? That's beyond madness! And Mind you the car was not indestructible it was destroyed almost totally or partially at least in 2 instances in the show, once when it was hit by a rocket and another when some compound was dropped on it that nullified it's armor and was vulnerable to a tank that especifically came to smash KITT to bits. KITT is KITT do not confuse it with Wolverine. Hmm I wonder if Adamantium coud ever be used to build a car like KITT now then it woulld really be indestructible as you claim... :mrgreen:
All right, dick, the car WAS in Michael Knight's name. And he's not some random private citizen, he was FLAG's chief operative, after his years of service, I think he'd be allowed to ask for some favors. Charles Graiman's a private citizen, and he had a very KITT-looking Trans Am in his garage next to a new KITT.

And you know what I mean by invincible, he was pretty damn close. And seeker, the major advantage of the molecular bonded shell is that KITT remained armored even when the computer was off! And if the nanotech is so much better, why has the new KITT become disabled twice already? Not to mention the 50-cal almost did him in, the only thing that ever worried KI2T were lasers or missiles.

Also, by the AI being smarter, I meant more experienced, not more advanced. Although, I'd venture to say they;re equally "advanced" given that an AI's advancement is usually judged by it's sentience.

Look, I don't know what they did with KI2T, I'm not saying they absolutely left it in the Trans Am. All I said was that you were overstating it by calling it "preposterous." If Michael wanted KITT, I have a hard time believing Devon would have kept it from him (despite what KR2000 implied). Furthermore, I feel like FLAG would have also respected KITT's wishes.

Lastly, if the new show wants to play on nostalgia (which they seem to), which would be more effective: KI2T in some box, or in a Trans Am?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Another thing to point out, Devon Miles was one of the trustees who knew 2 of the 3 components of Ki2t's MBS. The fact that the new car does NOT have that does support the fact that DM is no longer available....

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:16 pm

I think Devon only knew one part, but your point stands.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:55 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I think Devon only knew one part, but your point stands.
3 people were intrusted with only 2 parts of the MBS formula. 1 person could not make it alone, you'd another for the 3rd part.
And as of Knight of the Juggernaut, KITT no longer had the MBS, which is why the SPM was installed, to still give the car an advantage since it had became, in a simple term, a regular car with a mega-computer in it.

The .50 calliber bullets with modified with a explosive charge.

And the title of the car was in Michael Knight's name so that if the car were pulled over and they needed identification, he would have a document that coincided with his ID and credit cards, which were made and funded by FLAG. You have to remember, he was undercover for his missions and that was a way to keep his identidy seprate from FLAG, who could not be involved in the acts Michael pertook on his missions, which included stealing, breaking and entering, impersonation of officers/military/ect.

Both cars are still the property of Knight Industies, which FLAG was mantained under and built the cars....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't think SPM wast meant as actual replacement for the MBS, they just didn't have access what would be needed to reapply it in that episode since there wasn't time and just for the simple fact that Devon had been taken, so the other guy that was still alive out there wouldn't matter since Devon wasn't there and of course they'd both need to be there. It was obviously applied later, after the episode.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Wilton would only entrust the formula to three people without any sort of back up such as hiding it away somewhere in a vault. There are only really three or four (well, maybe more) explanations I'd find more realistic. Either it was deemed too dangerous either from excessive durability and the potential of someone else getting it or the ricochet factor. There was a weakness discovered with the formula and it became well known, such as what happened with KITT and the first have of Knight of the Juggernaut or it's not used because it wouldn't be compatible with the new KITT's nanoskin/transformations. It would be rather hard to shape shift/morph something that's a molecular bonded shell.

Anyway, I was thinking this topic should be in the Spoiler/Future Discussion section but eh, I guess not since phoenix_knight didn't mention any actual spoilers. *shrugs*
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:48 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I don't think SPM wast meant as actual replacement for the MBS, they just didn't have access what would be needed to reapply it in that episode since there wasn't time and just for the simple fact that Devon had been taken, so the other guy that was still alive out there wouldn't matter since Devon wasn't there and of course they'd both need to be there. It was obviously applied later, after the episode.
Bonnie created the SPMode as a direct result of KITT not initially having the MBS. It was designed to give him 40% more speed and manouverability. I think she actually says that during the episode. KITT did get it back when Jennifer Knight was convinced of the need for the 'james bond fantasist....'
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Anyway, I was thinking this topic should be in the Spoiler/Future Discussion section but eh, I guess not since phoenix_knight didn't mention any actual spoilers. *shrugs*
Nope, no spoilers, just possible idea for the future and people hijacked the thread for a discussion bout Devon...
:good:

Something else to consider thinking about KOTJ. Kitts MBS was destabilised from someone counteracting just ONE of the 3 components of the shell. This vulnerability does not occur with the new car and would therefore be a point where Ki3t has the advantage...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 pm

But that vulnerability could really only be exploited by someone that knew about and specifically targeted FLAG and their supercar. Sure it could happen, but its a vulnerability that would occur much less frequently than, say, anytime the car is transforming or off.

Note: these are not complaints against the new show, merely part of my argument that KI2T isn't totally outdated as some of his features are arguably superior to the new one, and that it therefore isn't "preposterous" that he's still around.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm

at some point they need to make the nano skin independent of the AI, only requiring it for transformation a bit like having a 'battery backed up clock' on your PC...