KITT Cave and all the extra folks...naysayers beware

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sandmanz613
Volunteer

KITT Cave and all the extra folks...naysayers beware

Post by sandmanz613 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm

I was thinking about the KITT Cave and all of the people that you see in it...I mean all the people...look at the background shots of the KITT Cave and see just how many people are working for the Foundation. I think that it is great to see that so much goes into making sure that KITT is "up to speed" and all tuned up. I always thought it was funny how with one futuristic "ray gun" Bonnie could work miracles in KR82. If you think about it of course there had to be so many more people working behind the scenes...It also amazed me how much the viewers (myself included) let all that tech stuff slide in KR82. Who really believed that when KITT was destroyed in Knight of the Juggernaut that Bonnie and a group of South side metal show mechanics could rebuild KITT and even improve on his capabilities without the Foundation...using only a garage full of tools and the semi...

We have to give KR08 credit for showing the "real" behind the scenes of the operation. Enough of the naysayers...look for the positives in KR. Amazing how much KITT relies on the folks in the KITT Cave and how much KITT82 must have relied on Bonnie and OTHERS to make him top notch!

I welcome your comments!
Enjoy KR and share the show with a family member or close friend!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Cave and all the extra folks...naysayers beware

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:33 pm

The car is nearly indestructible.. it shouldn't need much work.

And if you think about KARR. He was designed to go it alone with very little support, and KI2T was a second version of KARR, so again, shouldn't need a whole team unless something Goliath happens.

I would think KI3T should be as sturdy as the first Kitt, although after the seeing the mid-air transformation knock him out.. maybe not... so yeah this Kitt might need a bit more babying.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am

I was never exactly sure what that "ray gun" thing was in KR82, but it was really cool. Looking back at how it was used, it looks like maybe it was used to test KITT's MBS and structural integrity (at least that's my guess). I'm guessing the robotic arms with the green lasers are doing the same kind of thing in KR08.

I think Bonnie had backup boards, parts, and circuitry in the semi, as well as some kind of backup memory for KITT. That would have made rebuilding KITT just a matter of replacing all the boards, onboard computer, and software. RC3 and his "KITT crew" were more focused on fixing KITT's body. At that point the MBS had been neutralized, so it was really like having body shop with a half dozen focused workers fixing KITT's body. Of course, they did make modifications to KITT that a normal body shop probably wouldn't -- SPM and EBS. Perhaps these were already being researched for KITT, meaning Bonnie didn't have to invent them on the spot. She just had to incorporate the idea.

There probably was an entire Knight Industries background crew devoted to KI2T, and perhaps inventing all the gadgets, we just didn't see them except in a few episodes like "Junkyard Dog." I'd assume that regular maintenance, installing new gadgets, and swapping out damaged circuits could be done by a talented technician like Bonnie.

:dash:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Think about it this way,with 1 magical ray gun Bonnie was able to get a normal looking car turbo boost,ski mode and all the fun stuff in the dash.Now consider how many moving pices go in and out of kitt when he goes into attack mode? hehe I guess this is how you justify all those people in the background.

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:51 pm

I must say that all the extra folks and equipment in KR08 give KITT a more realistic view, but is it really necessary to show that?
I got the feeling that there are too many people in the show and that it really kills the Michael KITT relationship.
The focus should be more on Michael and KITT and not the CGI stuff which gives me a headache. I mean when Mike drives KITT why to they need CGI? Can't they find a good location in California to shoot the landscape?
Maybe I am getting old and not objective because I was a huge fan of the original show.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm

sandmanz613 wrote: Who really believed that when KITT was destroyed in Knight of the Juggernaut that Bonnie and a group of South side metal show mechanics could rebuild KITT and even improve on his capabilities without the Foundation...using only a garage full of tools and the semi...
I completely agree! Also, just the fact that it is 20 years later, it MAKES SENSE that the Foundation, or Knight Industries or whatever, would have developed more resources.

Look at fighter pilots on aircraft carriers...you can tell a story about the pilots, but that would completely ignore the fact that the pilots are OFFICERS and don't do the dirty work of greasing parts on the fighter, doing maintenance, etc. I was a submarine guy, so I wouldn't really know, but I would guess there's probably at least 20 enlisted members involved in any given fighter just getting it up to speed for another flight before the pilot gets in. The original KR was like a show about the pilots only, the new one also shows you what the enlisted members do! :)

--Brian (was enlisted. 8) )

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 pm

steventje wrote:I mean when Mike drives KITT why to they need CGI? Can't they find a good location in California to shoot the landscape?
I agree with this, I wish they would actually physically race the cars instead of all those CGI sequences.

btw, Steven, I see you are a Belgian. I have seen pictures of a beautiful Belgian fighter pilot!!!

Belgian Air Force Pilot

She is pretty, eh??? Maybe she will fly me around Europe in her F-16. :)

--Brian

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm

seeker78 wrote:
steventje wrote:I mean when Mike drives KITT why to they need CGI? Can't they find a good location in California to shoot the landscape?
I agree with this, I wish they would actually physically race the cars instead of all those CGI sequences.

btw, Steven, I see you are a Belgian. I have seen pictures of a beautiful Belgian fighter pilot!!!

Belgian Air Force Pilot

She is pretty, eh??? Maybe she will fly me around Europe in her F-16. :)

--Brian
Indeed, she looks very pretty ! Didn't know our female pilots looked so damn sexy :P
I think she drives a nice car.