My Own Worst Enemy

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: My Own Worst Enemy

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Left Ya Shook wrote:The LS3 has 422/hp and 408/Torque that's the biggest engine that they are putting in it for the production.. i would know i already ordered mine :-) ... i still have to say the GT500KR is the best choice for KITT..
Damn straight the GT500KR is the best choice. Autoblog is knight rider hater central because a blogger who works for the site named Alex Nunez pisses and moans about the show in a knight rider specific blog for reviewing each episode he basically goes out of his way to trash the show.

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:17 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The car might not be a lemon but the show when it comes to the ratings sure was, especially with all the promotion and hype for it. On the other hand since everything is down on NBC and they likely have a sweet deal with GM, it like Ford, might live to see a full season yet.
I know people keep saying that Knight Rider is a flop/lemon ratings wise but it is still getting around 7 million viewers. By comparison, Terminator only gets around 5 million and it just got picked up for a full season.

I would assume that since Knight Rider is doing considerably better than Terminator, including usually winning 1st in all male demos, that NBC will (hopefully) pick up Knight Rider for a full season and beyond.

If you were talking about "My Own Worst Enemy", I do not know what the ratings were but I did enjoy the show and will be watching each week.

Re-reading your post, I think you were talking about "My Own Worst Enemy" but I mainly just wanted to point out that Knight Rider is performing well (in my opinion).

Also, does anyone know if Fox shows usually outperform NBC shows? I always thought NBC was one of the lowest rated networks. I myself like NBC as I watch Heroes, My Own Worst Enemy, and of course Knight Rider. I also will watch Crusoe (on PVR) but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:36 pm

the car i drive is very similar to the Knight Rider car... my car is in my avatar

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Left Ya Shook wrote:the car i drive is very similar to the Knight Rider car... my car is in my avatar
No offense but I don't believe you for one second.

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:25 am

actually it is.. and its for sale on autotrader.. 2007 gt mustang with most of the GT500KR parts..

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 am

I finally got around to watching the first episode, it was decent though I dunno how long a show like that could run on the gimmick. With the not so great ratings it might not even get a chance. Only thing is that some of the computer stuff isn't all that different from what's being done in KR, maybe even a bit better maybe?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 am

Left Ya Shook wrote:actually it is.. and its for sale on autotrader.. 2007 gt mustang with most of the GT500KR parts..
Yeah right, if you're so fond of it why sell it. You know that's funny you said 2007 GT with GT500KR parts. That is exactly what they did for the two hour pilot, they used a regular Mustang GT with GT500KR parts on it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 am

TheGHOSTMAN 007 wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:The car might not be a lemon but the show when it comes to the ratings sure was, especially with all the promotion and hype for it. On the other hand since everything is down on NBC and they likely have a sweet deal with GM, it like Ford, might live to see a full season yet.
I know people keep saying that Knight Rider is a flop/lemon ratings wise but it is still getting around 7 million viewers. By comparison, Terminator only gets around 5 million and it just got picked up for a full season.

I would assume that since Knight Rider is doing considerably better than Terminator, including usually winning 1st in all male demos, that NBC will (hopefully) pick up Knight Rider for a full season and beyond.

If you were talking about "My Own Worst Enemy", I do not know what the ratings were but I did enjoy the show and will be watching each week.

Re-reading your post, I think you were talking about "My Own Worst Enemy" but I mainly just wanted to point out that Knight Rider is performing well (in my opinion).

Also, does anyone know if Fox shows usually outperform NBC shows? I always thought NBC was one of the lowest rated networks. I myself like NBC as I watch Heroes, My Own Worst Enemy, and of course Knight Rider. I also will watch Crusoe (on PVR) but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Yes, I was referring to My Own Worst Enemy, it didn't do horribly but it didn't go great either. Its number of veiwers for the first episode was 7.3M which I guess is about on par with why Knight Rider has done, but it was advertised like crazy, more so than KR and I'm willing to bet that it has a higher budget and payroll. Journeyman last year premiered with more viewers though to be fair, everything had more viewers last year. Of course the first episode isn't that big of an indicator of how far a show will go, its chances of survival will depend on the ratings for tonight and the following few weeks. The deal with GM, might help however, just like it does for Knight Rider and Ford.

On a brighter note, Terminator just got picked up for a full season and I do think it faces stiffer competition as it also has Chuck to contend with, not to mention the Dancing With the "Stars" monster. Looking at the ratings from two weeks ago, they (TSCC and Chuck) are pretty much neck and neck.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am

Left Ya Shook wrote:actually it is.. and its for sale on autotrader.. 2007 gt mustang with most of the GT500KR parts..
whats the zip code?

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 pm

nevermind, i found it, but where'd u get all those parts? o and if u want it to look like KITT, u'll need to change the spoiler to a v6 style spoiler

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:56 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
Yeah right, if you're so fond of it why sell it. You know that's funny you said 2007 GT with GT500KR parts. That is exactly what they did for the two hour pilot, they used a regular Mustang GT with GT500KR parts on it.
I'm selling it because i ordered the 2010 camaro, which i should be getting it in February.. the zip code for autotrader is 44612... if you don't believe me... i got most of the parts from ford but some where straight from the Shelby factory..

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 pm

http://jalopnik.com/398729/can-you-come ... ement-plot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can You Come Up With A Better Auto Product Placement Plot?

The brief description of Christian Slater's new NBC show makes us realize that any show can get the green light these days as long as it has the right product placement. It's a pretty simple formula, actually. Take one famous actor (Christian Slater), add a car (2010 Camaro SS) and one crazy plot twist involving a government agency (he leads a double life) and you've got profit. That's also the plot to Knight Rider, basically. Surely, we can come up with a better auto product placement plot.

There's also a variation of this, the My Mother The Car-paradigm, which involves a car becoming possessed with the soul of another. Here are two of our ideas to get you started:

Slices
Tom Cruise has a Chevy Cobalt and delivers pizza by day, but by night he's a courier for a secret government agency

Picking Up
Tina Fey is a liberal congresswoman who inherits a Ford F-350 from her great uncle. His soul is trapped in the truck and he teaches her about Southern culture.

We're sure all of you, with your devious and creative minds, can come up with something better.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Left Ya Shook wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:
I'm selling it because i ordered the 2010 camaro, which i should be getting it in February.. the zip code for autotrader is 44612... if you don't believe me... i got most of the parts from ford but some where straight from the Shelby factory..
I see it, I believe you now. It only looks like Kitt from the outside. How much did all of those GT500KR parts cost in total?

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:43 pm

umm off the top of my head the rims and tires were $4,000, hood was $1,500, front and back bumper covers $2,400, then a bunch of small $200-$500 parts.. so quite a chunk of money, i really like the car but the new camaro is pretty tite

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Left Ya Shook wrote:umm off the top of my head the rims and tires were $4,000, hood was $1,500, front and back bumper covers $2,400, then a bunch of small $200-$500 parts.. so quite a chunk of money, i really like the car but the new camaro is pretty tite
The terlingua mustang V6 can probably outrun the SS Camaro, it certainly can outdrive it. It's a supercharged V6 with 375hp. I like the Camaro though, I definitely like the GT500KR only because it's Kitt.

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 pm

i made my car the way it is because i had seen the previews for Knight Rider... so i built it, i get alot of comments on how it looks, to bad i'm getting rid of it tho :-/

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
KnightRiderKR, why are you acting like it is so implausible? The Mustang GT is priced for the mainstream consumer. The actual GT500KR is a lot more expensive.

--Brian

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:18 pm

seeker78 wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:
KnightRiderKR, why are you acting like it is so implausible? The Mustang GT is priced for the mainstream consumer. The actual GT500KR is a lot more expensive.

--Brian
We're already past that part, it's not implausible just not exactly practical. Most GT500KR buyers will not give a damn about Knight Rider.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:18 pm

My Own Worst Enemy had a drop off that should probably be considered significant considering that they weren't very high in the first place. According to TVByTheNumbers.com it's down about 1.58 million from last week's 7.3 million viewers to 5.72 million. Not exactly good news with all the hype and how hard NBC was pushing it. Probably didn't help that it was going against CSI: Miami and Boston Legal.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:34 pm

did u sell it already?

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Yeah, I was shocked by the ratings slide for week 2.
I guess Christian Slater doesn't draw like he used to......
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Left Ya Shook
Volunteer

Post by Left Ya Shook » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:49 am

cajunknight0153 wrote:
did u sell it already?
No its still for sale i just put it up at a few days ago..

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:54 am

I'd rather the Dukes, I'd love to see the General Lee on the small screen again! and if they wanna update the car like they did with KITT, they could maybe prolly use the new Challenger. although i read on a dukes of hazzard website that there was some filming goin on in florida and there were a bunch of General Lees, so either they were shooting some sort of commercial, or a music video, or maybe a new show. i hope its not another dumb made for tv movie. unless of course its a reunion movie, i sure dont mind seeing the original cast.

"I love it, I love it!" "Hot pursuit!"
Would love to see an updated Dukes as well.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:Yeah, I was shocked by the ratings slide for week 2.
I guess Christian Slater doesn't draw like he used to......
My Own Worst Enemy is losing ratings? I'm not entirely shocked, I pretty much would only watch it to see the Camaro then drool then let the episode end.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:50 pm

where'd u find the GT 500 KR stripes?