Just sit back and ENJOY NEW Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sandmanz613
Volunteer

Just sit back and ENJOY NEW Knight Rider

Post by sandmanz613 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Hey there! I have been watching KR08 since its movie debut and I must say they are really trying to get it right! They are balancing between the old and the new...remember to all of you nay sayers out there that this KR is a continuation of the original. It is not meant to be THE original in any way, shape (not a reference to KITT's morphing abilities) or form. To all those who are sitting around picking the new KR apart for its flaws please just "sit back and enjoy" the fact that KR is on the aire!!! If you are old enough to have grown up on the classic KR and maybe you have kids now...watch it with them and fall in love with the idea that one person can make a difference in this world and pass that ideal to the next generation of KR fans. I know that my 11 and 6 year olds are hooked on the new KR and that they both love the old series. We spent many a nights watching the original and cheering on as Michael and KITT kicked butt. Now is a chance to let the modern day Michael and KITT inspire us in a time that needs some good sci-fi!

Peace Out everyone!
Sandmanz613

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Just sit back and ENJOY NEW Knight Rider

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Thank you very much!
Us fans who love the new show need to band together :lol: :good: :roll:
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 pm

You got a point there!It's the same thing I keep telling people too(and I'm part of that "next generation")!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Welcome! It's nice to see a new poster here putting something positive on these boards instead of just complaining about the usual "Where's Devon?!" and "I hate transformations!" etc. I'm glad to hear of others who enjoy the show but I fear your call for open mindedness will be met with resistance in some quarters.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Awesome a new poster. I also love this KR as well as the old Kr but people have to face facts you can't have 80's plots and cars in a new series that is not even in that generation. Accept the new generation and as sandmanz613 said Sit Back And Enjoy! :mrgreen: :good: :kitt2:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 pm

I agree. I have been pleased with the new Knight Rider from the beginning. There have been a few things that I did not like but I can't name one show that is perfect. I find myself enjoying the show every week. I told one of the people that I work with that Knight Rider was back and found out he was a HUGE fan of the original. He did not know there was a new show and now he watches every week. Also, I had a hard time to convince my father to watch but now he thinks it's one of the most entertaining shows on TV. In my opinion, Knight Rider is finally back on TV the way it should be and I hope it's back to stay. Also, either they are getting better with the transformations or I am getting used to them or both, because I find myself liking them more each week. GREAT show and I will buy the season(s) on DVD (Blu-Ray) as soon as possible.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:14 am

Yea! Welcome to KRO you guys, thanks for the great posts. :good:
KR fans rule!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:30 am

I completely agree, doing a continuation of a show is a lot more challenging then starting something new. because people are always going to compare. Its nice to know other fans out there are treating this show how it should be treated, as a show that's unique and standing alone in 2008. Will it ever compare to the original, prob not, but thats no reason why we can't sit down and enjoy this show just as much.
Ice rider coming 2009

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 am

I have to agree. Although it took me awhile to adapt to the new series I am starting to like it. No it will never replace the original that I got hooked on many years ago but its nice that they are actually brining it back. Any KR fan should be greatful for that. If you don't try to compare it to the original it gets a lot easier to enjoy. It is very hard for them to make a newer show and please everyone at the same time. Although the show does have some flaws IMO it has come along way since the pilot and seems to get better and better each episode.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:44 am

yes and no.

What better way for the production team to fine tune the show than to have all it's fans providing (nearly) instant feedback by commenting online like we do here? The guys can look here the morning after the show aired and see exactly what was and wasn't liked in that episode.

The other point is do we really want to just stand back and watch the show fail like Team Knight Rider did? Or should we provide feedback to the producers (since we have the opportunity via KRO) to point out things that we as fans think are not, or will not work?

I grew up watching Knight Rider and have continued to watch it all my life. This new show is showing great potential and I'm enjoying watching it with my kids each week. But there are things which I feel are too far away from Knight Rider. Also when I hear people say that people they know who are not fans of TOS laughed out loud at the bad CGI effects in this show. That tells me there is somethign needs to be fixed, becasue if non-fans are laughing at how bad it is, well, it's not going to get many new fans is it.

So Yes we should be enjoying that we have a new version of KR on our screens, but we should also be using the opportunities available to us, to point out things which we, as fans, know are way off key. After all, collectively we probably know more about the KR universe than any of the production guys do.

The very spirit of Knight Rider is that one man can make a difference by not just standing back and watching things go by, but by jumping in and doing something. We have that opportunity to help make this show as good as it can be, by telling the producers what we do and don't like. This is our chance to actually help make Knight Rider 08 work.

I agree that some of the very negative comments some members have been posting need to stop. If you can't provide your negative feedback at least in a constructive tone then you do need to just stop watching the show and go back to the TOS DVD's, becasue those guys obviously aren't interested in seeing this new show succeed.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:09 am

Rockatteer wrote:So Yes we should be enjoying that we have a new version of KR on our screens, but we should also be using the opportunities available to us, to point out things which we, as fans, know are way off key. After all, collectively we probably know more about the KR universe than any of the production guys do.

The very spirit of Knight Rider is that one man can make a difference by not just standing back and watching things go by, but by jumping in and doing something. We have that opportunity to help make this show as good as it can be, by telling the producers what we do and don't like. This is our chance to actually help make Knight Rider 08 work.
I really can see where you're getting at, but what if we're among those people who actually like the things you dont like. I love the team. I love the transformations. I actually love everything about the cecept in story. I like the HUD with the stock dash. I love the fact it goes into straight up fantasy sometimes. I love that Sarah drives KI3T.

I'm sorry if you dont find those things appealing, but there are those of us who are and i think thats why the user made this target, but i could be wrong.
I mean, there's so many posts that say the exact same thing you posted in (a few by you), but cant there be one topic were were allowed to just sit back and enjoy new knight rider?
Put the word out!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:17 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I really can see where you're getting at, but what if we're among those people who actually like the things you dont like.
If you like things, you need to say so as loudly as the "naysayers" are saying what they don't like. This way the producers will get the most balanced,accurate information of whats liked and disliked, and we'll end up with a show which suits the widest audience and therefore has the best chance of surviving.

My main reason for posting what I did, was becasue I got the impression the OP was suggesting that we should just watch this show through rose colored lenses and say its all great and fantastic even if we think it isn't, in some misguided belief that it would help the show survive.

I wanted to make the point that Television doesn't work like that and even negative feedback can have a positive effect in keeping the show alive, by allowing the producers to fine tune the show to suit the most amount of people they can.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:19 am

Im really enjoying the show, I enjoy it more because when I watch it I dont compare it to the classic, just appreciate it as a continuation.

Theres elements of it that remind of the original, some hammy acting and some cheese, funny thing is that was part of the original I loved the most, the fact it didnt take itself to seriously and that has really helped with the transition to watching a new Kitt on the screen.

I freaked out a bit when I first saw the new Attack Mode but after seeing it in action Ive changed my mind. Obviously there are a couple of tiny things I find difficult to take in but I wont go into that here because this is a positive thread.

All in all, its a fun, escapist show with some really cool action and FX and for that alone I love it.

Im under huge amounts of stress right now and its one thing I actually really look forward to watching each week, I can sit down and switch my adult head and all the worries dissapear and I can enjoy being that kid again (only older and balder lol) and for that ,A big thank you to the team behind it! :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Thank you very much!
Us fans who love the new show need to band together :lol: :good: :roll:
Indeed and I loved the classic show mind you, yet I think the Naysayers comments are reaching nauseating levels...

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:58 am

Thanks for the positive post. And, I agree.

I think that the show is starting to stand on it's own merits. Really, all they could borrow from the original is the name and the basic concept. In order to survive today, there had to be changes, and some of these changes upset the fans of the original.

Above all, for it to survive TODAY, it has to be well written, with good stories and believable characters. That, to me, is the major challenge. If people care about the characters and what happens to them (and that includes KITT!) it will survive. If they don't, well, the show can be as faithful to the original as can be, and still no one will watch.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:26 am

shapeshifter, the problem is that it is not well written!, they dont do any cool stunts, kitt never comes to mikes rescue, kitt never crashes through anything. there was a whole lot of great stunts in the original series. i would like to hear kitt speak more. and sarah and mike together all the time is getting on my nerves. i dont have a problem with trying to enjoy the show but at least give me some stunts like the original series to enjoy.
in glen larson we trust.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:34 am

knightprobe89 wrote:shapeshifter, the problem is that it is not well written, they dont do any cool stunts, kitt never comes to mikes rescue, kitt never crashes through anything, there was a whole lot of great stunts in the original series.i would like to hear kitt speak more, and sarah and mike together all the times is getting on my nerves. i dont have a problem with trying to enjoy the show but at least give me some stunts like the original series to enjoy.
kittdoesnt come to Mike's rescue?
The last episode had Kitt coming to the rescue alot. He even finished making the atidote that saved Mike's life. And he's the one who had to reposition Carrie and Zoe when he knew he had to get things done quickly. He also guided Mike through the hallways and kept sure Mike could get things done.

And I happen to think the show is actually very well written. It's not shakespear but it's better than most junk on tv.

And the problem with stunts is they probably dont have alot of money if they were only given 13 episodes and a week to week ratings basis. I'm sure after the show is set for the season that NBC will crank alot of money into the show so they can buy more cars and be able to afford the practical stunt.

Just give it time for chris' sake. It's just starting out, things take time to get awesome.
Rome wasnt built in a day, neither was Kitt.
Put the word out!

sandmanz613
Volunteer

Post by sandmanz613 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:21 am

Glad to hear that you all agree with me! You know- why don't I see posts about what KR08 can do that KR82 CANT do? If you think about it KR08 had to be more scifi-ish because a lot of the tech that KR82 used we now have standard in our cars today...for instance GPS and car/cell phones...

KR08 has to be more flashy and in your face...the suspense is there and the scripts are getting better as the characters develop...time has a funny way of making us remember. We remember KR82 to be this amazing show...but really re-watch some of the beginning episodes...notice the dryness in KITTS voice and the matter of fact nature. KITT82 developed a personality over time too...it just was never stated as it was with KITT08, but that is also a bi-product of today's viewers...if it's not spelled out directly some would not notice...

Sandmanz613

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:37 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:shapeshifter, the problem is that it is not well written, they dont do any cool stunts, kitt never comes to mikes rescue, kitt never crashes through anything, there was a whole lot of great stunts in the original series.i would like to hear kitt speak more, and sarah and mike together all the times is getting on my nerves. i dont have a problem with trying to enjoy the show but at least give me some stunts like the original series to enjoy.
kittdoesnt come to Mike's rescue?
The last episode had Kitt coming to the rescue alot. He even finished making the atidote that saved Mike's life. And he's the one who had to reposition Carrie and Zoe when he knew he had to get things done quickly. He also guided Mike through the hallways and kept sure Mike could get things done.

And I happen to think the show is actually very well written. It's not shakespear but it's better than most junk on tv.

And the problem with stunts is they probably dont have alot of money if they were only given 13 episodes and a week to week ratings basis. I'm sure after the show is set for the season that NBC will crank alot of money into the show so they can buy more cars and be able to afford the practical stunt.

Just give it time for chris' sake. It's just starting out, things take time to get awesome.
Rome wasnt built in a day, neither was Kitt.
Forget it dude, Naysayers like him will never admit to anything positive about the show they simply despise the fact that is not a cabon copy of the original set in 19080s as it should be according to them! :roll:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:09 pm

When I first sat down to watch the back door pilot my mind was an open slate. Sure I had some fond memories of a show I watched when I was little, but I hadn’t given it much thought for a long time. So when I saw the pilot I absolutely loved it.

The problem begins when you start create your own version of what you think the show should be in your head. It’s really a catch 22 because once you’re hooked on the show its pretty near an impossible task to not look at spoilers or to keep from having your own opinions. Lost Knight warned me a while back…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11571&p=137107#p136575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It’s so true. That’s why I’m very glad for the newbie’s because they still have the ability to see it with fresh eyes.

You give some good advice sandmanz613 :good:

(No need to yell PunkMaister I can hear you just fine)
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Man i think this weeks new episode is gonna be funny Jane Bond LOL AHAHAHHA :lol: :P :kitt2: :mrgreen:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show