What kind of wacky transformation will we get next?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RobWolf
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What kind of wacky transformation will we get next?

Post by RobWolf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 pm

This is a fun thread, so don't have a go at me.

This week's OTT/impossible transformations:

A huge van

A Police Car

Sigh. What is it going to take for you people to wake up?

Segway Mode?

Golf Cart Mode?

Viking Longboat Mode?

Post your best 'Possible Future KI3T Transformation Shark-Jumping Modes that the fans will somehow find Acceptible' here!!
(Bonus credit for photoshops)

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: What kind of wacky transformation will we get next?

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Actually, I am still wondering if the Police Car was a Hologram. Because, so far, on the show, KITT has only Transformed into black vehicles....And there was some mention of a Hologram....maybe it was introduced in an episode where they filmed it earlier, and it will air later, maybe with some explanation. Just a thought :idea: :idea: :mrgreen: :wink: :!: .

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 pm

Well the thing is, both the police car and the attack mode are approximately the same mass as the Mustang. So that makes more sense than the van and the truck. Because nanotechnology is generally regarded as the manipulation of atoms and molecules, and to make more metal to convert to truck, you would have to somehow form air -- nitrogen, oxygen, CO2 etc -- into metal.

Generally you need a particle accelerator to turn one atom into another, because it involves adding or subtracting neutrons and protons. Nuclear reactors also change atoms into different atoms.

So nanotechnology should only be able to convert approximately the same mass. Also, with the truck and the van, the cabin is also being modified by the nanotechnology, yet in other places we get the impression that the nanotech is only on the outside surface of the vehicle ("nanoskin" etc.).

Oh well...we do have to remember that Knight Rider is standard sci-fi, not "hard" sci-fi. Hard sci-fi is sci-fi that is based on REAL science, and nothing is supposed to happen in a hard sci-fi book/movie/show that would violate known laws of physics. An example of "hard" sci-fi would be 2001: A Space Odyssey, based on the book by Arthur C. Clarke, a guy who writes hard science fiction.

--Brian

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 pm

It's more along the lines of Fantasy/Sci-Fi I think. There's nothing said that the normal KITT is the same mass as a Mustang or that the vehicles KITT transforms into are meant to be the same mass as their real counterparts. That ending stunt from the pilot could be taken as proof of that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 pm

seeker78 wrote:Oh well...we do have to remember that Knight Rider is standard sci-fi, not "hard" sci-fi. Hard sci-fi is sci-fi that is based on REAL science, and nothing is supposed to happen in a hard sci-fi book/movie/show that would violate known laws of physics.
Huh? :shock:

What was in TOS to make it standard Sci-Fi?

Personally I think the transformations are stupid BS. I can understand alterations to the car (attack mode) raising suspension and wheel size to a 4x4 style (not that bloody truck though!! Grr), altering color etc are all functions which could be explained by the Nano-tech skin/shell whatever it is... but completely turning into a different vehicle is ridiculous stupidity and it needs to go.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:55 am

RobWolf wrote:This is a fun thread, so don't have a go at me.

This week's OTT/impossible transformations:

A huge van

A Police Car

Sigh. What is it going to take for you people to wake up?

Segway Mode?

Golf Cart Mode?

Viking Longboat Mode?

Post your best 'Possible Future KI3T Transformation Shark-Jumping Modes that the fans will somehow find Acceptible' here!!
(Bonus credit for photoshops)
I sorry dude I think you need to relax and just let the show take its course. As I am seeing already the characters like Poiter and Davidson have missed episodes and I think that the show is feeling its characters and you never know it could be one man can make a difference..

By the way heres a thought replace Bruce Davidson for Michael Caine, as a newer Devon Miles..hummmm... :dash:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:02 am

the transformations were totally rediculous, this show is looking more like a cartoon, they will probably have kitt transform into a greyhound bus next or maybe a motorcycle.
in glen larson we trust.

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:52 am

Seeing how no one actually has any scientific knowledge regarding any of the tech within the KITT Cave (because they're all too busy giving passive aggressive, jokey, non-intelligent jabs at one another), I'm waiting for them to all pile in KITT, hit van mode, and head out for spring break!! Cause damn! "Truth serum is fun" and "It taste like cherries!" "KITT, Initiate beer run program!" Okay, the last one was funny.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:26 am

RobWolf wrote:Post your best 'Possible Future KI3T Transformation Shark-Jumping Modes that the fans will somehow find Acceptible

Dude! Read the damn forums!! A lot of fans don't find these transformations acceptable!!

Stop talking down to the fans!! :evil:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 am

A Trans-Am? :D

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:38 am

The new show is growing on me, I really like most of it.
But the transformation thing... no, I cannot believe that. It's not just the body, the whole interior changes, the dash, the seat the driver is sitting nn...
And in the first episode, when Mike and Sarah jumped on the truck, then KITT transformed and they are put in the seats... oh come on.
That and the really really reeeaaallly bad looking attack mode are the biggest problems I have with the show.

Make KITT use holograms as disguise, this would be fine. And believable.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:55 am

The only transformation I had a problem with was the Minivan.............

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:27 am

KITT's matter replicator device leads me to believe that he stores a reserve of mass somewhere in the car (or even perhaps distributed throughout the car) allowing for conversion into parts that can used to replicate other vehicles such as a van. When he transforms back into car mode, this matter is broken down and stored again.

I really don't see the police car as over the top since it was approximately the same size as KITT himself. As for the interiors changing, my take is that everything formed in the car (except perhaps its power source) is made up of either nanites or matter converted by nanites into other forms. If that is the case, then taking a chair and converting it to a chair of a different color and approximate shape wouldn't be too crazy to conceive of.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:34 am

Im actually a huge fan of the transformations. That's one of the things that make's this new car more superiour to the old KITT. They have a extremely advanced car that can hack any system, substain an extreme ammount of weapons fired, and it has the ability to camouflage itself in any situation they need.

I really do think this show would be unbelieveably boring if they took out all the unbelieveable stuff.
Just my opinion.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I really do think this show would be unbelieveably boring if they took out all the unbelieveable stuff. Just my opinion.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, you mean you don't want ultra-realisim and HARD SCIFI in a show about a talking car helping to fight crime?!!! :lol: :wink:

I'll agree with you here. I was actually talking to my friend about this yesterday, the line one draws before things become ridiculous. I guess for me they just haven't crossed that line. I mean, if KITT is suddenly able to say, transform into a military warship, then even my brain might explode. But other cars and trucks? That I can totally live with.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:42 am

goldbug wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:I really do think this show would be unbelieveably boring if they took out all the unbelieveable stuff. Just my opinion.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, you mean you don't want ultra-realisim and HARD SCIFI in a show about a talking car helping to fight crime?!!! :lol: :wink:
dude, this is the show that me and my friends sit for, get really stoned and escape reality for 40 minutes everyweek.
Hard sci-fi and realism is not what im looking for in knight rider.... cause then, what's the point?
This car is the car of the future. Not the near future, not the posible future, but in that future sense that people in the 60s thought the world would look like in the year 2000.

i love knight rider 08
Put the word out!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:52 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Hard sci-fi and realism is not what im looking for in knight rider.... cause then, what's the point?
Exactly. See, I guess it's all a matter of perspective. There's so much strife and drama in the world right now that I enjoy good escapist fun with KR. Someone said on this board that KR is very much like a cartoon now, and I actually agree - and I love cartoons! Even as a kid, KR always struck me as a live action cartoon show with a premise that stretched credibility (even to my then-9 year old brain). I'm glad KR08 is finding its footing as a fun show.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:06 am

goldbug wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:Hard sci-fi and realism is not what im looking for in knight rider.... cause then, what's the point?
Exactly. See, I guess it's all a matter of perspective. There's so much strife and drama in the world right now that I enjoy good escapist fun with KR. Someone said on this board that KR is very much like a cartoon now, and I actually agree - and I love cartoons! Even as a kid, KR always struck me as a live action cartoon show with a premise that stretched credibility (even to my then-9 year old brain). I'm glad KR08 is finding its footing as a fun show.
Im guessing i should type out this report ive been working on. I've making my stoner friends every week watch the show, then i ask their true opinions on the show. They're mostly good and all differ on certain things. and none of them liked the 80s show.

Hmm, i cant wait for the next episode.
Put the word out!

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:06 am

the transformation mode were totally rediculous, this show is looking more like a joke or farce they will probably have kitt transform into a toilet mode or a house mode or plane mode or kitchen mode stop the transformation mode please that kills the show :?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:22 am

youbelong wrote:the transformation mode were totally rediculous, this show is looking more like a joke or farce they will probably have kitt transform into a toilet mode or a house mode or plane mode or kitchen mode stop the transformation mode please that kills the show :?
1, they're not going to stop the car's transformations. that's what this show is about.

2, you're knida being extreme, whenever they use a transformation it serves a purpose to the story of the show.
Put the word out!

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:42 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
1, they're not going to stop the car's transformations. that's what this show is about.

2, you're knida being extreme, whenever they use a transformation it serves a purpose to the story of the show.
yeh i agree with you but They exaggerate so much with this mode And that is not it the purpose of the show the show called one man can make a differnce like a pilot movie not like the transformers the :kitt: movie

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:09 pm

in next episodes kitt transforms into:

a toilet so mike can take a tinkle

a chainsaw so mike can dress up like leatherface for halloween

a trans am (that would be the day)

a pack of ciggarettes

a tree to blend in

trojan horse

a swiss army knief so mike can pick door locks
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 pm

youbelong wrote:the transformation mode were totally rediculous, this show is looking more like a joke or farce they will probably have kitt transform into a toilet mode or a house mode or plane mode or kitchen mode stop the transformation mode please that kills the show :?
"Knight Rider" is more than just KITT transforming. That is only one aspect. Other aspects include acting, the writing, VFX and set design. If all you're focusing on is one aspect of the show, you're robbing yourself of a potentially fun experience IMO.

Regarding the transformation, it has been used for a purpose in each episode. In "Journey", it allowed Sarah and Mike to make a quick escape. In "Iguana" it saved Zoe and Mike. In "Hard day's Knight" it acted as a disguise and made it easier for Mike to kidnap the assassin. It is a contrivance, but it is not one without purpose.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

All I can say is that my six-year-old loves the transformations, and refuses to watch TOS ever since I explained to him that the car didn't transform (his response: "So it doesn't DO anything!").

Like it or not, that's what kids expect these days, and if you lose the kid vote, you don't have a show.

Also, I think we're clearly getting hints that KITT masses more than a Mustang, from the crash in the pilot to the grappling hook bit in this ep (KITT must weigh more than the SUV or he would have lost that tug of war). It helps to remember that this KITT just LOOKS like a mustang - he isn't one.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:28 pm

goldbug wrote:[/quote
"Knight Rider" is more than just KITT transforming. That is only one aspect. Other aspects include acting, the writing, VFX and set design. If all you're focusing on is one aspect of the show, you're robbing yourself of a potentially fun experience IMO.

Regarding the transformation, it has been used for a purpose in each episode. In "Journey", it allowed Sarah and Mike to make a quick escape. In "Iguana" it saved Zoe and Mike. In "Hard day's Knight" it acted as a disguise and made it easier for Mike to kidnap the assassin. It is a contrivance, but it is not one without purpose.
But the story and the characters are Invalid and are soft and the episodes are badly it is not a knight rider legacy its another show the Combination with young & the restless with transformers with team knight rider and this show is not fun and the vfx are bad The stories are invalid and badly written and the actors And actors games is rotted specially justin bruening and deanna russo Because of them the series becomes that vulgar story of love for teens this show Has nothing note with knight rider legacy
0,,6099770,00.jpg
0,,6099770,00.jpg (56.44 KiB) Viewed 16323 times