Mike Usefullnes

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tunerboy101
Volunteer

Mike Usefullnes

Post by tunerboy101 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:26 am

Has any one else noticed that Mike doesn't do a lot?

In the old '82 series, Micheal did most of the action, fighting bad guys, pursuit, interaction, and driving.
In the new series, KI3T does everything. Mike hardly gets to shine.
Anyone else share this opinion?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Mike Usefullnes

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:34 am

I only watch KR for KI3T anyways,so...er...I'm not really sure,to be honest.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:50 am

I dunno about that...Mike has some pretty sweet fight scenes. It's KITT who doesn't really seem to do a whole lot compared to the old ones.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 am

Sarah does too much; She only needs to fix KITT

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:19 am

Not sure about that. He has a fight scene in every ep so far, and he's often the one infiltrating places (such as the bar in "Journey"). How is that not doing stuff?

I do agree that it may seem like he's not as active in the investigations as MK was in TOS, but I think that's because the action keeps getting split up between MIke and other members of the crew (which is another argument altogether).
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I think it's funny that everyone wants out of the KITT Cave. People keep showing up to tag along with Mike and KITT. Maybe it's time to bring back the Flag Semi.

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:20 pm

IMHO, they can off him in episode 13 and have "sarah knight" take his place.

In the original show, I only watched for Kitt anyhow...never did care for DH. But at least DH was fun and interesting...Mike T isn't doing a whole lot for me.

Seriously, Sarah looks better in a bikini and she's got all the same "training" right? :D

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 pm

I agree with Kram061-1. I think Sarah does too much in the field. I mean if she's the mechanic she ought to stay in the headquarter and wait for Ki3t to pull in. It seems that she gets to drive Ki3t when Mike is not around and they need to change that really quickly! Ki3t is supposed to drive himself when Mike is away and yet I've never seen him do that so far.

Btw, in Knight of the Iguana Sarah claims to be the owner of Ki3t, what's up with that?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 pm

I agree with Kram061-1. I think Sarah does too much in the field. I mean if she's the mechanic she ought to stay in the headquarter and wait for Ki3t to pull in. It seems that she gets to drive Ki3t when Mike is not around and they need to change that really quickly! Ki3t is supposed to drive himself when Mike is away and yet I've never seen him do that so far.

Btw, in Knight of the Iguana Sarah claims to be the owner of Ki3t, what's up with that?

Yeah
Right On

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Mike does plenty, but when the focus keeps shifting between him and the other cast members... eh, it doesn't look too good. I insist that Mike should be the only one in the field, only on occasion bringing someone else along.

And it bugs me that Sarah is, among all else, a kick ass driver too. There is no distinction on who is driving KITT. It makes the fact that a pro is doing the job all the more obvious.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:30 pm

"And it bugs me that Sarah is, among all else, a kick ass driver too. There is no distinction on who is driving KITT. It makes the fact that a pro is doing the job all the more obvious."

Not to discriminate women but why the hell is she allowed to drive Ki3t at all?

I mean did Bonnie or April drive Ki2t during a mission and do donuts on top of that, I don't think so.

The only thing I can recall is that April was sitting behind Kitt's wheel in Knightmares but I'm not even sure if she was driving at that point, certainly not making any donuts for sure.

In the case of Bonnie I'm not sure... maybe in Brother's Keeper but that's irrelevant!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:05 pm

As much as I enjoy their characters, I have to say that Zoe and Billy don't help the situation. You can't put two people on a show like that and not give them something to do (without annoying some viewers anyhow). Really I think Zoe and Billy's roles could have easily been filled by Sarah and Charles. If Mike needs a field backup, it should be Rivai. She's been out of two eps already, which I find odd since you'd think (training or no) they'd want Sarah to remain at base since she knows a lot of KI3T's technological secrets and they'd send Rivai out instead. Go fig.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:16 pm

YEAH

How the heck can frickin Sarah have as Much training as to be Mike's partner (and not KITT?) and have more training to Ravai (?) to go out on mission before her ?

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Well, they did talk in a previous episode about her having completed the same training as Mike. I agree, it's ridiculous, but it looks as though that's the route they've clearly chosen to take.

tunerboy101
Volunteer

Post by tunerboy101 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:13 pm

It just seems that Mike does less and less.
You're right though, Sarah does more than Mike... That's sad.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Great, now he's poisoned, what's next?

And I'm starting to REALLY hate that he's not wearing a black leather jacket!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good: