Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Post by neps » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:17 am

Use this topic to discuss the episode tonight! We'll also be in the chat room as well http://knightrideronline.com/chat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PIECES OF MIKE'S PAST ARE REVEALED AS A LETHAL POISON THREATENS HIS LIFE When Mike is lethally poisoned, he must fake the assassination of a billionaire tech mogul in order to secure the antidote. Bizarre hallucinations mark the return of the mysterious woman from Mike's past with clues that may help him remember.
You can watch the trailer for tonights episode here:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ays_knight

BTW: Tonight's episode is writen by David Andron - the first series script by the writer/developer of the February pilot - that makes me excited about tonight's episode.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Discuss this weeks episode: A Hard Day's Knight

Post by weeezl » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 am

David Andron?

Ooh this could be a good-un!

Really looking forward to it!

Catch all you guys in chat later!

weeezl

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: Live Discussion Thread: A Hard Day's Knight

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 pm

neps wrote: BTW: Tonight's episode is writen by David Andron - the first series script by the writer/developer of the February pilot - that makes me excited about tonight's episode.
Me too! I have a feeling this will be a good one.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Even though the new KITT is "still learning", I can't help but think that when he still sounds far
too cold and robotic when he says to Mike, "You'll be dead ... in two minutes.". The old KITT would've at least said something like "I'm sorry Michael, there's nothing more I can do for
you." ... albeit with a regretful and sympathetic tone of voice, even this early on.

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:16 pm

As I recall in the original series while KITT certainally had that whole sort of, as Hoff put it "continental" thing to his voice, it wasn't until much further into the series that you had KITT acting a bit more human and displaying compassion for Michael. Remember when they started out Michael was sort of weirded out by KITT and KITT was kind of just putting up with Michael.

I will say that the new show does need more focus on Mike and KITT's interactions. That's one of the reason why I'd like to see the supporting cast trimmed down a bit. KITT shouldn't be a bit player in his own show.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Dave Andron! Here's hoping that the series will FINALLY have a screenwriting on par with the one from the backdoor pilot (which I felt had a better writing overall than the first three episodes). If the series can have great writing, then maybe we can overlook other things...

If it is possible, let Andron write all episodes that ties in with Mike's past like this one. Maybe it'll be good.

BTW, in the preview, is it just me or the three 'TOS bars' in KITT's vox is more prominent than before? :shock:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:15 pm

What I don't understand is how many people didn't like the backdoor pilot which basically boils down to the writing. I'd imagine rather than being excited, those people would feel the opposite about this episode, unless this is the minority of us in this thread (which includes me) that liked the 2-hour.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

manlai
Rookie

Post by manlai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:36 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would tend to give Andron and co. a pass on the pilot since the strike limited their options. While it was more or less boring, I think I appreciated that Andron seemed to have at least successfully written the Knight Rider *feel* into the pilot.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:50 pm

maybe they'll kill off Michael Knight....they don't need him anyhow, KITT's Sarah's car, she is always driving it; bet she does tonight too :P :roll:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Lost Knight wrote:What I don't understand is how many people didn't like the backdoor pilot which basically boils down to the writing. I'd imagine rather than being excited, those people would feel the opposite about this episode, unless this is the minority of us in this thread (which includes me) that liked the 2-hour.
I loved it... sure I found some thinks to nitpick about, but there is no denying the effect it had on me. It successfully brought my KR addiction out of a 20 year remission. I guess that makes me an Andronian... or maybe an Android :shock:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm

i hope to see a great episode with a good story and a good action scenes and more funny like the original show and i' dont need to see sara or zoé & billy again with mike & kitt in this episode pleasssssssssssssssssse :kitt:

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:26 pm

youbelong wrote:i hope to see a great episode with a good story and a good action scenes and more funny like the original show and i' dont need to see sara or zoé & billy again with mike & kitt in this episode pleasssssssssssssssssse :kitt:
I was hoping the same thing, BUT if you watch closely on the teaser, you see Sarah's hair in the passenger seat, so I take it that the one man with his woman and his army continues instead of one man and his car making a difference. If this keeps up I won't be watching much more.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:07 pm

BUT if you watch closely on the teaser, you see Sarah's hair in the passenger seat
at least she ain't driving......oh wait, sure she will be, as soon as Michael passes out....I forgot, KITT has no Auto Mode

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm

manlai wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but I would tend to give Andron and co. a pass on the pilot since the strike limited their options. While it was more or less boring, I think I appreciated that Andron seemed to have at least successfully written the Knight Rider *feel* into the pilot.
I too gave them a pass on the pilot due to the strike, but in interviews Andron did he didn't exactly endear himself to me with some of his attitude about the original series (especially dissing the Turbo Boost stunt and crashing through things) and coming off somewhat smug about his writing if the pilot. Not as bad as Harald "I MADE THE BATMAN & ROBIN BATMOBILE AND THE CAT IN THE HAT CAR, WHEEEE" Belker though, who just basically crapped on the original series by being thankful he didn't have to watch it and then with his uninspired design of the new KITT.

Tonight will certainly be interesting, I probably will not pay attention to the chat room tonight except for during commercial breaks..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:35 pm

knightriderfan80 wrote:
youbelong wrote:i hope to see a great episode with a good story and a good action scenes and more funny like the original show and i' dont need to see sara or zoé & billy again with mike & kitt in this episode pleasssssssssssssssssse :kitt:
I was hoping the same thing, BUT if you watch closely on the teaser, you see Sarah's hair in the passenger seat, so I take it that the one man with his woman and his army continues instead of one man and his car making a difference. If this keeps up I won't be watching much more.
Yeah iam already with you why sara is here in every episodes what's doing here withe mike & kitt and kitt It's a car endowed with an artificial intelligence why sara is present with mike in every week .
I hate this girl and zoé knight rider is not young & the restless

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:25 pm

but in interviews Andron did he didn't exactly endear himself to me with some of his attitude about the original series (especially dissing the Turbo Boost stunt and crashing through things) and coming off somewhat smug about his writing if the pilot.
We're lucky they gave us Turbo Boost back, I doubt we'll see any wall crashing or car chases.

But that aside, tonight's Episode has the most potential yet, so if it doesn't pan out, what you see (already) is what you get..............And I think we've already seen what we're gonna get, so we'll have to live with it. :shock:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Well, I'm sure it wasn't something decided upon by Andron though. Though, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he uses the driving around an obstacle bit instead of Turbo Boosting over it, actually with how it was done in Journey into Knight, they could have done it there, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:30 pm

I can't wait for tonight's episode, this looks like it will be a race against time for MK! I also saw a new blog on Knight Writers and is states some interesting info on the episode.

BTW I hit my 600th Post!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!

Joe

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:52 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:
but in interviews Andron did he didn't exactly endear himself to me with some of his attitude about the original series (especially dissing the Turbo Boost stunt and crashing through things) and coming off somewhat smug about his writing if the pilot.
We're lucky they gave us Turbo Boost back, I doubt we'll see any wall crashing or car chases.

But that aside, tonight's Episode has the most potential yet, so if it doesn't pan out, what you see (already) is what you get..............And I think we've already seen what we're gonna get, so we'll have to live with it. :shock:
Well if thats true, and that kind of attitude exists, I think the new show is doomed.

I hope not though.. cos the potential is there. Just gotta wait on tender hooks for tonights episode :D
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm

Whoa............... So that's what jumping a shark feels like
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:11 pm

YAY SPINNING KITT OF DEATH! Major, major points for such a ridiculous use of million dollar technology XD Hopefully rest of episode is good...
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:40 pm

What Mike said to KITT "KITT you're the best soldier I've ever known." makes it evident that Mike and KITT are forming a bond.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Another one...why isn't KITT's doors opening in lambo style?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:02 pm

tamatt27 wrote:Another one...why isn't KITT's doors opening in lambo style?
If you heard, KITT said I will have the door open normally to give cover.

And when the hell did a mysterious women speak of MK's past?

BTW anyone know the new password/username on knightindustriesresearch?

Joe

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 pm

i like the way KITT could turn into a Van and the police car and the mission impossible referces. But where was the stuff of Michael's past? Guess we were misinformed about that
Last edited by KITT Season 4 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.