To z00story and the cast and crew of KR!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

To z00story and the cast and crew of KR!

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 am

To zOOstory,
I feel bad because I made a couple of videos like 'The real K.I.T.T. talks about the new Knight Rider' and everything on youtube, but I have to say you guys are winning me over with the new show!
So as a way of saying sorry for being doubtful AND I love the new show, I made something for ya! :D

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyIcr41kS_A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. You guys are doing GREAT visual effects! Keep it up!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

jimknight
Rookie

Re: To z00story and the cast and crew of KR!

Post by jimknight » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:48 am

that is a great video i love it.
im really enojoying the new knight rider so much, i know its not in the style of the original but tiems move on and things change so ive accepted it and cant wait for the next epsiode already

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stylez » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Take note boys, even though it was the same turbo boost it was just that much more kick ass with the original sound effect!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:37 pm

you know what.. the turbo boost does look a lot better with the old sound effects in it.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Rockatteer wrote:you know what.. the turbo boost does look a lot better with the old sound effects in it.
Even if there is no "button" the sound of it being pressed can still be used to signify Turbo Boost being engaged. I've watched this video about 10 times now just to see that Turbo Boost and it's eerily chilling every time. The scanner sound and the sound for Turbo Boost are iconic, USE THEM!! The crew have bought themselves an extra week with the Obama infomercial, if someone doesn't get this green lighted they're out of their minds, it's 5 seconds to dub in per jump. By the way, for reference, the Turbo Boost is at the 1:54 mark of the video. Big huge thanks to Taoworm for making this kick ass video and for hopefully inspiring the crew even further!! :good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyIcr41kS_A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm in agreeance will all of you! That Turbo Boost sounds absolutely amazing with the original sound effect!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Nice work on syncing the old TB sound effect, that was awesome! :D Nice music video with only the first three episodes to work with too. :good:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks guys!
You guys rock! :dance:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Great video! :)

And I too want to say Thanks to the VFX team for making the wildest, best, and most awesome FX I've seen on TV in a long time (possibly ever)! And for giving KRO inside peeks of how you guys do it. For listening to us, for working with the fans.

You guys are all awesome!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Awesome. z00story and Vertigo, if you could make this happen we'd be very happy fans indeed. Joygasm! :good:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:21 am

yup, add me to the "fans of the TOS 'turbo boost' sound...." even if they include the 'F&F style' inside the engine fuss they make every time ....

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:22 am

When I edited that clip I speed up the car flying through the air by 2X, removed the slow mo over the kid in the mini-van and altered the turbo boost sound (time wise) to match.
Took me 5 minutes. :D

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Defitinitly a lot better with the original turbo boost sound

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:29 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:To zOOstory,
I feel bad because I made a couple of videos like 'The real K.I.T.T. talks about the new Knight Rider' and everything on youtube, but I have to say you guys are winning me over with the new show!
So as a way of saying sorry for being doubtful AND I love the new show, I made something for ya! :D

Here it is:

Umm... Who is zOOstory? Is he/she related directly to the new show in some way? :?:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:29 pm

z00story is the head for the 2D effects department IIRC. He's mainly responsible for the HUD and other 2D effects, such as the background with the nuclear plant that wasn't really there in the last episode.

Spare him the flood of PMs about the 3D effects and whatever things that are basically executive decisions such as the car interior and general show direction. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

krenigma
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by krenigma » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 am

Hey guys,

This is Krenigma, I coordinate the 3D team for Master Key Productions (we're the VFX company responsible for the majority of the VFX work on the new "Knight Rider"). I work in the office everyday with z00story and Vertigo...

Just wanted to say thanks to you all as well! We GREATLY appreciate the support of this site and the fans in generall, we all read your comments and take your concerns seriously. Like Phoenixzero said, ha ha, we only have so much power, like on any show a lot of different people are involved in each decision but anyting related to VFX in particular we listen and do our best to adapt...

This is one of the best groups of people I've ever worked with, fingers crossed that we get to keep making episodes. You have to trust me, SO much cool stuff coming up that you've been waiting for, we just have to hope they want to keep letting us do this...

krenigma
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by krenigma » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 am

And rockin' video. I really like the original series sounds over turbo boost

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 am

krenigma wrote:This is one of the best groups of people I've ever worked with, fingers crossed that we get to keep making episodes. You have to trust me, SO much cool stuff coming up that you've been waiting for, we just have to hope they want to keep letting us do this...
We'll put you on your word, KRenigma, so don't let us down :mrgreen:
All of us Knight Rider fans will be waiting for all that coolness, so please make us very happy KR fans :good:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:51 am

Just don't make it too cool, don't forget the affection, the warmth and the passion that made Knight Rider this beloved show.
Cool is great, but it's not everything, and too cool often looks stupid. Hope you keep that in mind and give us the right amount of everything.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 am

krenigma wrote:Hey guys,

This is Krenigma, I coordinate the 3D team for Master Key Productions (we're the VFX company responsible for the majority of the VFX work on the new "Knight Rider"). I work in the office everyday with z00story and Vertigo...

Just wanted to say thanks to you all as well! We GREATLY appreciate the support of this site and the fans in generall, we all read your comments and take your concerns seriously. Like Phoenixzero said, ha ha, we only have so much power, like on any show a lot of different people are involved in each decision but anyting related to VFX in particular we listen and do our best to adapt...

This is one of the best groups of people I've ever worked with, fingers crossed that we get to keep making episodes. You have to trust me, SO much cool stuff coming up that you've been waiting for, we just have to hope they want to keep letting us do this...
Hey that's awesome news krenigma. :D

Can't wait to see the coolness :D I hope they keep letting you do it too.. for at least 4 seasons! :)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:40 am

krenigma,

Thank you so much for speaking with us. We all really dig what you guys are doing and we dig you guys checking this board & keeping us all informed.

Keep up the great work!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:To zOOstory,

Here it is:

Really cool vid Taoworm! :good:

I got goosebumps at 1.54, nice job buddy!

Perhaps when we are a few more episodes in you could do a Turbo Boost compilation?

Well, unless the big guys behing the KR team decide to use the classic sound effect :D

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 pm

krenigma wrote:And rockin' video. I really like the original series sounds over turbo boost

We all do! and keep up the awesome VFX guys! :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Just don't make it too cool, don't forget the affection, the warmth and the passion that made Knight Rider this beloved show.
Cool is great, but it's not everything, and too cool often looks stupid. Hope you keep that in mind and give us the right amount of everything.
Umm... For what I gather he just does the VFX he is not responsible for the script, casting etc which is where warmth friendship stems from not VFX. But hopefully if he is peering around here the writters might be as well and that's a good pointer to the writters anyway... :good:

Anyway if the writters are also outhere peering around here, please bring back as a guest Bonnie at some point if at all possible, I have no idea if Patricia McPherson still works as an actress though :( for what I hear she is now a staunch enviromental activist...

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 pm

The 3rd and final vid is up now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ceuWEtoSc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be my last video on youtube for a while, I have to finish installing K.I.T.T. in to my Knight 3000 and thats going to take some TLC. or Blood sweat and tears depending on how you look at it. :kitt2:

Look for updates on KITT software and other hardware and software solutions for KR on rebornspirit.com

Or to dial up directly rebornspirit.com/lovechild.html

Until next time my peeps!