Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 pm

One other thing I wanted to mention is why not incorporate names of villians and people from the old show for example Marco Berrio or the guys name who killed Stevie. Just a thought... make it more interesting?

Joe

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Durant/Kurt Rolands? His character went to jail and the actor is still alive... he'd make a possible villain I guess...

As for K.A.R.R. returning, I have grave fears. Mostly over the explanation behind Karr...it will probably end up as some lame slapdash explanation of TOS Karr, or an entirely new origin story. :?
BEWARE: shipper alert

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 pm

im tired of wondering and beign ingorned is this happening for REAL OR NOT.All im Asking

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:58 pm

My opinion is never believe anything until you see the episode...

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:57 pm

HyperCaz wrote: My opinion is never believe anything until you see the episode . . .
. . . or at least until the rumour is officially confirmed by NBC/Universal themselves . . .

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 pm

that true i want the real kitt and karr on there dont believe anything until u see it yourself

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm

KARR was a prototype. LET HIM BE GONE!

Hey, has everyone forgot about the new series pilot already?? Hello, bad guys now have KITT's schematics. "KARR has not been forgotten."

nuff said

Trendane
Recruit

Post by Trendane » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:36 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote: Hey, has everyone forgot about the new series pilot already?? Hello, bad guys now have KITT's schematics.
If I recall correctly, they interrupted the outgoing data stream. So, at best, only a portion of KITT's schematics were transmitted. And Sarah changed all the access parameters, so it's unlikely that anyone could hack their way in....

.....unless they, themselves, were of Knight Industries decent/manufacture.....

Hmmmm....
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 am

DJGM wrote:
HyperCaz wrote: My opinion is never believe anything until you see the episode . . .
. . . or at least until the rumour is officially confirmed by NBC/Universal themselves . . .
. . . which is very good point, but then there's the stage of hopeful denial. . .
KnightINSTINCT wrote:KARR was a prototype. LET HIM BE GONE!

Hey, has everyone forgot about the new series pilot already?? Hello, bad guys now have KITT's schematics. "KARR has not been forgotten."
Good point about the prototype thing... '08 series has moved on from the prototype stages of development. So it is very likely that KARR won't be actually called KARR... and we'll just have to recognise that he is a "KARR character". Or the bad guys will create Karr, as I think you're hinting there...

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:27 am

Infinitymurph wrote:I don't think GM will have a say in Pete Cullen appearing as K.A.R.R. - and it would be hard for him NOT to have time to do the voice work. If they're going to go back and make this the same K.A.R.R. from before, it only makes sense to have Cullen voice it.

As for this being the perfect way to bring back TOS Michael and KITT...yeah that would be awesome.

Unless, of course, the plan is to bring in The Hoff as Garth...
GM had a say when KR was going to use that other guy for Kitts voice because he's used by GM for v/o work in their commercials, which is how we now have Val Kilmer.

And as there are Transformers sequels planned I'd imagine GM would still have a vested interest in Peter Cullen...

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

GM had a say when KR was going to use that other guy for Kitts voice because he's used by GM for v/o work in their commercials, which is how we now have Val Kilmer.

And as there are Transformers sequels planned I'd imagine GM would still have a vested interest in Peter Cullen...
While that is true,Will Arnett's contract was with GM directly to do voiceover for their car commercials, while Cullen's is with Paramount to the the voiceover for a character in a movie. Paramount would probably have a seperate contract with GM to feature their vehicles in the movie exclusively (which is why the Camaro was unavailable to use). Now, Paramount could ask Cullen not to do it so as not to piss of GM, and we really don't know what provisions would be in the contract, but my asssumption would be that it's just to be a voiceover for a character in the movie and not directly linked with GM.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Trendane wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote: Hey, has everyone forgot about the new series pilot already?? Hello, bad guys now have KITT's schematics.
If I recall correctly, they interrupted the outgoing data stream. So, at best, only a portion of KITT's schematics were transmitted. And Sarah changed all the access parameters, so it's unlikely that anyone could hack their way in....

.....unless they, themselves, were of Knight Industries decent/manufacture.....

Hmmmm....
[JACK HURST]
In his 40s, contemptuous, corrupt, and determined, he's a badass NSA Commander who knew Sarah's father and oversaw funding for Knight Industries.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm

YEEEEEEES! KARR returns awesomeness! but dammit KITT"S chip gets stolen sun of a B***TCH

I cannot wait for this episode!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:47 pm

:kittx: Should KARR return, it should be a Shelby Mustang, maybe red w/black stripes, or black/red stripes,
with the amber colored scanner. The story could be that someone discovered the original KARR's cpu, rebuilt it
with new programming and other updates. It would feature bootleg tech from KR, and it would have many of the
capabilities of KI3T. Throw in this little kicker: the person w/ the new KARR is the son of Garthe Knight, and wants
to destroy Knight Research, and ultimately kill Mike. Yeah, take it w/ a grain of salt. Ya never know, though. lol.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Re: KARR

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:38 pm

The Knight Automated Roving Robot was the complete name of both the CPU and the body...there was no separation namewise between the 2. The CPU will be found by the kid...at the bridge site where KARR was destroyed. The bad guy steals the K3000, and discards the K3000 CPU, and juryrigs up the KARR CPU to it...so there will be only 1 vehicle.

The Orb only exists in '08 series, and is prominently located in the center dash...the old CPU was a black box that was hidden away inside the dashboard...about 6 inches by 4 inches by 3 inches...flashing lights, transistors and circuts...I have a funny hunch no K2000 shell will make an appearance...or no red, blue or green KARR...

...but will the K3000 scanner color change??? hmmmmm...

Also, Cullen needs to be the voice, the producers need to give us this, not an evil Val Kilmer or a pale production version of the prototype... (they could take the lazy way out, and say that there was only one dialect that the programming has, as we haven't heard any different voices from the K3000 yet)...end of discussion.

Someone also asked about the old 26 year old CPU running on modern hardware...please remember that we are talking about an advanced AI that we still don't have publicly...it's still light years ahead of any present Core 2 Quad Processor...

:dash:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

YES! Finally we get to see Karr again! Hopefully they will use someone with a similar voice and personality as Peter Cullen.

Wait... I know, it would be hilarious to see Arnold Schwarzenegger do Karr's voice! :D
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 pm

it be cool if karr returned of course we do rememebr seeing him burnt in pieces on kitt vs karr might be perfect way for hoff to return and bring hoff n adrian back dont forget her haha :karr:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:YES! Finally we get to see Karr again! Hopefully they will use someone with a similar voice and personality as Peter Cullen.

Wait... I know, it would be hilarious to see Arnold Schwarzenegger do Karr's voice! :D

Hey Kitt!.......................Ill be back :D

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 pm

let hoff do the voice in garths voice now that be something or how about Mr.t Haha

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:54 pm

When speaking of the voice...is always good to remember there already 2 voices to KARR- Peter Cullen in Trust Doesnt Rust. and Paul Frees in KITT VS KARR.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 am

Peter Culler was ok as KARR, but Paul was better. Had the evil-ness down to perfection. All I hope for is the scanner sound with the reverb to it. Classy thouch IMO
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:25 am

KARR's Fury wrote:Peter Culler was ok as KARR, but Paul was better. Had the evil-ness down to perfection. All I hope for is the scanner sound with the reverb to it. Classy thouch IMO
The thing about K.A.R.R.'s two appearances in the Original Series is that his character changed a lot in those episodes. Peter Cullen's K.A.R.R. wasn't "evil", he was programmed to survive... if he thought you were a threat to him in any way, he wouldn't think twice about killing you. Paul Frees' K.A.R.R. was evil. It seems that during those two years at the bottom of the ocean he became consumed by hatred for Michael and K.I.T.T., and when he resurfaced he wanted revenge at all costs.

Be interesting to see how he's evolved since then...
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:55 am

If Ki3t is new to the show which we all know is the case because he's learning, then Karr should have no memory of past times just like Ki3t, i.e. he's also new.

I wonder if Ki3t's creator is aware of Karr's existance like Devon in TOS?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
If Ki3t is new to the show which we all know is the case because he's learning, then Karr should have no memory of past times just like Ki3t, i.e. he's also new.

I wonder if Ki3t's creator is aware of Karr's existance like Devon in TOS?
Um, i just want to be on the same page you are....
You think KI3T is KI2T, just rebuilt?

Just checking....
Cause if that is the case, KI3T is a completely new car and AI. It's not KI2T just with the memory wiped and a new body. They are 2 different things.

So KARR will still remember KI2Ts run-ins, but he wont know KI3T, cause he's never met him....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:48 am

No no, I believe that Ki3t is completely new and has nothing to do with Ki2t.

Having that said, Karr will be built from scratch, right? Now, unless they have other ideas I think we can say for sure that Karr will be based on a Shelby GT500 just like Ki3t but with a yellow scanner, right?

Therefore, Karr should have no memory of Ki2t either because he's NEW. Okay, I know that his processor survived but surely they can't use that with the technology avaliable today?

What I'm saying is that they will have to create a new processor for him like they did with Ki3t.