So what do you think KI3Ts dash should look like?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Gadjet
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

So what do you think KI3Ts dash should look like?

Post by Gadjet » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm

I have been wondering that myself.

So after 15 years or so after I last doned the pencils and sketched KITTs dash I thought I would have a go at how I think KI3Ts could look like.

Sorry its not a amasing work of art but you get the idea.

Ok to explain the drawing, the stering wheels ideas taken from the pliot but has a single strut holding the wheel on.
The swich pods are for the old faves like turbo boost ect. (push buttons Yay!)
The vox box above the wheel is for when only Mikes in the car, if KITT has pasengers then he uses the snow globe as his voice visualisation. (Well I thought it would be odd him haveing two mouthes.) also the two bars under the wheel vox box are to display KITTs modes. The green one is for auto drive/normal drive. The yellow for attack mode/normal mode.
The clocks are the ones we breafly saw on the pliot with a few extra displays added.
Ive put the centrol concel back as it would be handy for displying power/boost fetures, also it could double as KITTs sat nav. (if KITTs ment to be under cover wheres his sat nav? everyones got one these days)
Also Ive added the old oil pres and air psi lights the original KITT had on his vox box to the snow globe.
The red buttons above the centrol concel are for KITTs modes, Attack mode Normal mode ect.

Well thats how I would like KI3Ts dash to look whats your thoughts.

btw sorry about the spelling im having a very bad dislexia night.

Cherio for now

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Re: So what do you think KI3Ts dash should look like?

Post by Stylez » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:53 pm

You know that's pretty good and to be honest it wouldn't take much to add that to the car, but I doubt they would, probably don't want to muck up the precious Shelby. :roll:

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 pm

I for one want to see the display from the pilot back if nothing else. You need screens LOL. I do really like the design above. Maybe KI3T will get trashed in the S1 finale or the S2 opener and will change features, dash, etc. Just like the good old days
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:56 am

Great design. I especially like the lights in the left and right of the Snow Globe. Reminds me of the old KITT and that would be an amazing throwback for the fans. If only they could make KITT this high tech.

Between KI2T and KI3T I still think that KI2T is more high tech than KI3T. It's only because KITT now has the KITT Cave that he looks cool. Imagine KI3T without it and you'll get nothing at all.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:49 am

Is there really a need for the story to make KI3T an undercover covert vehicle? Time will tell. Will KI3T ever overcome the shadow of his older brother? Not like this, NEVER. And I don't think in the same light he is meant to. They got rid of the steering wheel and the screen for a good reason..certainly not because it looks better now.

I hate his interior just like the rest of you. I hate he has stripes. I hate he has no frickin' turbine sound effect when he's running.

So, what is there to like? It's like we are all stuck in a small town with no options. Do we move on, or do we settle? Ahhh, I bet you guys are gonna give it a chance, aren't you?

Leave the show alone. It's not changing for us.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 am

I actually really like your design.
It's based on the Mustang, it's not much to change, it has a monitor, has the original colours and it has a futuristic and special feeling to it.
Well done, nice job.
I also like the yellow and red lights left and right of the globe. The steering wheel is great. Absolutely works for me.

And I 100% love the idea of having the voice box above the steering wheel like classic KITT, so Justin would not always have to move his head to the middle console when he is talking to KITT.

Maybe you should show your design to someone of the show. It is possible to do that in the show without much effort.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:53 am

Garthe Knight wrote:Maybe you should show your design to someone of the show. It is possible to do that in the show without much effort.
Yep, definitely.

Try sending it over PM to z00story or Vertigo.

As for the covert thing, well, when Sean got into KITT in episode 2, at first he didn't realize that it was not a normal Mustang. Flashback to TOS, when everyone got into KITT they were always amazed by it. Remember these lines?

"What is this? A car or an airplane?"
"Both."

Hell I love that quote and I want everyone coming in to KI3T to get the same helluva impression.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Stinch
Volunteer

Post by Stinch » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:02 am

What's all this? Look's like Darth Vader's bathroom! :dash:
The laws a double edged sword and you've been sitting pretty on one side for too long! Now your gonna feel the other side, the side that cuts!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:06 am

I dig your design. To be honest, if they just made one change I'd be happy. Namely I'd like a return of the iPod touch screen. Between the screen and the globe, he'd look "futuristic" enough to satisfy me. While I don't like complaining about the show and I seriously enjoy it. But the regular knobs and the beige color of the dash aren't eye catching at all.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Simply put, in at least some ways it should look like a spiritual successor to the original KITT's dash in that it should be somewhat inspired by the modern jet cockpits as the original KITT's supposedly was as Wilton Knight built planes. Though on the other hand, Wilton obviously wouldn't have anything to do with the new design so that could be enough reason as to why it was lost. *shrug* Nothing wrong with streamlining it but for the love of Benji, do something!

But really, the interior needs some major work and get away from the boring stock look. CG is great but I doubt there will ever be any true replica builders for the new car as there has been for the original, there's not even any work really needed to be done, especially since we can't have HUDs, as nice as it is, like that in reality. As long as you buy the scanner you could probably "build" a replica in a couple hours. What's the fun in that? You'd just look like an idiot for having a snow globe in your dash. :lol:

I guess you could build the Attack KITT if you really wanted to, but still, there's not much inside the car to do and the parts put on it look like they were mostly just stuck on with screws and nails.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:08 pm

I got inspired by the drawing and wanted to see what it would look like in the show. Here is my take on it:

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

That look fantastic. Abit of the old with the new. I agree the interior of KI3T could use a new dash.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm

I like it Garthe! Looks very much authentic with a touch of the KI2T! I hope they at least consider making those gauges in the show not stock and digital or whatever.

Joe

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Yep that works for me.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 am

Garthe Knight wrote:I got inspired by the drawing and wanted to see what it would look like in the show. Here is my take on it:

Seriously, mesh that with the HUD and you have what the Riddler would call a joygasm for any KR fan.

Smashing job!
Looking for TKR!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 am

A true Knight Rider dash! Push it to the VFX crew and we'll be very very happy indeed.

*scrambles for the PM button*

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:04 am

Oh, I like your dash, Garthe!

Seriously, why did they lose the 3/4 steering wheel from the pilot? That looked cool. The dash in the pilot looked awesome.

To catch up with the times though, much like others have said, black screen technology ala I-POD is really more with the times...but you should keep the basic speedometer and basic readouts for when kitt is deactivated.

YMMV :D

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:07 am

Garthe Knight wrote:I got inspired by the drawing and wanted to see what it would look like in the show. Here is my take on it:

((image deleted to save bandwidth))
Dude this is FAR superior to what we are currently seeing!!!!

My only thing is...I want the displays to be PHYSICALLY BUILT, not CGI. Other than that, I completely agree, this is very nice! :-)

--Brian

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:17 am

I cant see Garthe Knights dash!

Plaese can you put a link up for it, i realy would like to see what you have done.

Pritty please?

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

In fairness, the VFX crew have no pull on what the dash looks like, so don't bug them if you have issues - they're responsible for the HUD and the Globe in KITTs interior only.

But keep talking, people are listening, maybe something will happen!

For me, the Feb Pilot interior I'm still missing. I questioned their iPhone aesthetic when we first saw it - but I have to agree that KITT would work like that. Take the Pilot dash and put on the HUD, and I'm sold.