Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Iguana

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Iguana

Post by neps » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:35 am

Use this topic to discuss the episode tonight! We'll also be in the chat room as well http://knightrideronline.com/chat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can watch the trailer for tonights episode here:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... the_iguana

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Iguana

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Oh yeah, it's Wednesday isn't it?! :D I have two hours of TV to watch tonight... Next week an hour and a half, heh. Hopefully this episode is at the very least, on par with last week's, hopefully better. Though I hope there's more to it than another episode that's basically about smuggling weapons.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm looking forward to tonights episode. The only thing that has caused my excitement to wane some is the scene in the trailer where Zoe says "Burn rubber KITT" She sounds like a little kid. The scene might be cute if the story line called for the part of a young kid Michael had rescued or something telling KITT to burn rubber, but this looks a little ridiculous. EIther way, aside from that little gripe, it looks like it will be another episode that will be more along the lines of a Knight Rider episode.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:41 pm

I hope I get to see Knight of the Iguana tonight. Dish Network is still showing A Hard Days Knight as the title.
It does show Knight of the Iguana as Saturday Night's episode and then next Wednesday night shows A Hard Day's Night Again. If what the guide shows actually airs I might get two ALL NEW episodes in the same week. Im just worried they'll get the order messed up and try to fix it by dropping one of the episodes all together. I would be VERY VERY mad if that happens. Knight Rider is MUST SEE TV FOR ME.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:56 pm

March2875 wrote:I hope I get to see Knight of the Iguana tonight. Dish Network is still showing A Hard Days Knight as the title.
It does show Knight of the Iguana as Saturday Night's episode and then next Wednesday night shows A Hard Day's Night Again. If what the guide shows actually airs I might get two ALL NEW episodes in the same week. Im just worried they'll get the order messed up and try to fix it by dropping one of the episodes all together. I would be VERY VERY mad if that happens. Knight Rider is MUST SEE TV FOR ME.

Aww, this comment is so cute :good:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Code names are Devon and Bonnie!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!11
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Well, Zoe hasn't said something to annoy me too much yet, that's a good sign :)

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Code names are Devon and Bonnie!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!11
My thoughts exactly, that was cool. I had a grin from ear to ear when I heard that line.

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:30 pm

The look on Mike's face....priceless.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Our local NBC station had it's contract with Time Warner expire.
I currently cannot see NBC shows.
Time Warner is trying to push digital cable.
I don't watch that much TV to make it worthwhile.
In fact KR is thbe only show that I watch regularly.
When will it be added to NBC.com?

Darryl
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Sara drives KITT WAY WAY Too much.....he should be in Auto Cruise if Mike isn't driving like TOS :dash:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

I enjoyed this episode some humor parts, i thought. I do agree that Sarah drives KITT to much........ I think Sarah was jealous that Zoe did the mission instead of her.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:12 pm

I gotta agree there. There was zero point for the girls coming along. After they argued Mike should have kicked them both out and gone on his own. And then have KITT actually driving the distraction himself.

Other than that, good episode. I did like the Devon/Bonnie thing. Shoulda made Sarah and Billy RC and April :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Well this episode was lacking for me. By now bystandards should automatically say "cool car" instead of ignoring KITT on the beach. Another thing that "urked" me is the whole Zoe Mike / Devon Bonnie Drama. Why is KITT always asking Mike about his relationships!?!? This isn't Dr. Phil!!!! KITT if you want a girl freind go ask Sarah or Zoe or Billy to lube your chassy and be done with it! Also the submarine mod is a little early Sarah should have mentioned something about it in the KITCAVE and he had to ask Mike to use it. Instead of vanishing into the water?!?! Also the VFX team must have been on a break has you didn't see any morphing into or coming out of the water. "Lets just throw some seaweed on him and that will suffice"?!?!?! This is the most I've bashed the show but if they don't fix things 13 episodes is all we'll get and that will be a shame :(.
Last edited by MR2NR on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 pm

hello

i like the episode kinda neat of the sub version of KITT .I liked the deeper voice to KITT its a lot better so far than the past. To me there a lot more commercials not enough time for the show .Sarah needs to get out of the show or just stay in the cave and have more to mike and get more serious and down to the missions . And my thoughts if they what to get more ratings the should advertise more commercials thought the week there are very little of them to promote the series better i been watching NBC all week and maybe 2 thought the week and needs to be more to get it out my thoughts

Jeremiah :good:

WeirdMetamorphosis
Volunteer

Post by WeirdMetamorphosis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:19 pm

I liked tonights episode aswell. All I want now is pics of Zoe in her bikini outfits mmmmmm.
One Man Can Make A Difference

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I liked how Zoe and Sarah were fighting over mikes partner role in this one.Also liked the fight between who gets to sit as a passenger in kitt in attack mode.Kitt claiming the 2 id verification bots want to be on his team was cute in the end.The laser restraint system has a new name apparently when the 2 girls sit in the passenger seat and so does micro jam.

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Well, I am very hopeful for a full season order with this episode, though I am NOT uncrossing my toes and fingers until I actually hear it is so. Nice to the camaraderie b/t Mike and Billy, no jock/nerd hating there. The cover ID's for Zoe and Mike were inspired. Did not see that coming at all. The look on everyone's face when Zoe sits up in bed, PRICELESS!!! :good: :good: :good: Smith Cho: Hottie!! I also loved the annoyed look Alex gave Charles when he mentioned the Cobra missiles. But the two best parts were the revelation that Skyler knew Mike from Afghanistan. I really, REALLY hope they have a big payoff for this sub-plot down the line, but not some hackneyed "expendable black-ops/memory wipe the soldiers" device(You know you watch too many bad action/sci-fi movies if you can think of that one). The second best part was KITT being all pimp, calling Katie & Lisa for his team!! All in all, I look forward to next week's episode. Same "Knight" time, same "Knight" channel!!

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 pm

ARGH! I missed the whole damn thing-- got wrapped up in cooking.
It's on nbc.com as of tomorrow and repeated on Saturdays, right?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:38 pm

All I want now is pics of Zoe in her bikini outfits mmmmmm.
You and me both my friend...you and me both@

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 pm

I thought it was all in good fun. Lots of humor which worked for me. I liked the underwater KITT scene ala The Spy Who Love Me. I think they were going for a funny episode and for me it worked.

I can't think of any major gripes. I'll have to watch it again as my TV signal kept breaking up. digital TV isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather have a bit of snow in the picture than have it break up every 5 minutes.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Sara drives KITT WAY WAY Too much.....he should be in Auto Cruise if Mike isn't driving like TOS :dash:
I'm in total agreement. I would like to have a few episodes where it is just Michael and KITT on a mission. When the show started and it was Mike and Zoe going on the mission, I thought, "Well at least Sara won't be on this one" but sure enough, they found a way to bring her into the story. And the whole "showing up just to download a new program to KITT" couldn't they have done that from the SSC, KITT is supposed to have the latest in communications and internet abilities, according to all the teasers before the pilot movie. All in all, this was a great episode, I would just like to see Mike and KITT alone on a mission.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 pm

overall, i kind of found the episode boring. especially compared to last weeks. however, i did like that they said how kitt is technically sarah's car. instead of mike longs trans am being converted to kitt, we have sarah's car being turned into the new kitt. so technically, mike is always driving sarah's car. this may be an underlining reason why kitt is always so interested in sarah and mikes relationship. he has a connection to both of them. this is sort of similar to how kitt was programed to be only with the original michael knight. it was technically michael longs car. i may be way off base, and this may never be touched upon again, but i did find it interesting to know that it was "sarah's car". it may have been a college gift from her dad, and then when they had a fight, kitt was just laying around lol. so technically, kitt is a chicks car lol.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:22 pm

when did they say KITT was Sarah's Car?

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:25 pm

epc1122 wrote:overall, i kind of found the episode boring. especially compared to last weeks. however, i did like that they said how kitt is technically sarah's car. instead of mike longs trans am being converted to kitt, we have sarah's car being turned into the new kitt. so technically, mike is always driving sarah's car. this may be an underlining reason why kitt is always so interested in sarah and mikes relationship. he has a connection to both of them. this is sort of similar to how kitt was programed to be only with the original michael knight. it was technically michael longs car. i may be way off base, and this may never be touched upon again, but i did find it interesting to know that it was "sarah's car". it may have been a college gift from her dad, and then when they had a fight, kitt was just laying around lol. so technically, kitt is a chicks car lol.
I missed this in the episode. When was it stated that KITT is Sarah's car?