Knight Watch Special - A Look back at Goliath

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MJknight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Watch Special - A Look back at Goliath

Post by MJknight » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:55 pm

October 2nd will be upon soon so I figured I would look back at the events of the Season Two Opener "Goliath"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IqO8B-iSZqg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Watch Special - A Look back at Goliath

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 am

Goliath is one of my all-time favourite Knight Rider episodes. I have some quotes on my site where David talks about the role, and a funny remark by his father:

"Everybody remarks on [this] episode -- honest to God, everybody does. And when I was doing it with my little earring, I thought I am never going to work again. And when my father saw it he said, 'Michael Knight's evil twin is a better actor than Michael Knight!'" (From an interview in the late-1990s)

The Knight Rider Album by Chip Lovett also covered Goliath in some detail:

"In this episode, K.I.T.T. races at about 160 kms an hour and nearly collides with a huge truck. The scene was worked out to the last inch. "They wouldn't let me do that scene," David said. "There were two stunt drivers and we set up the cameras in the middle of the desert. Each driver was told to get as close as possible to the other. The truck would hold to a straight line and Jack [Gill], in the car, would turn at the last second. Each driver had a radio in the car and that helped control the scene. It appeared that they collided, but that was just special effects. It's very sophisticated. We first shot the cars going by each other. Then we put in a car without a driver, and made it look as if it hit the truck."

"Another scene involves David's character jumping from the roof of a moving truck into a passing car. "That scene required a double," David admitted. "It appeared that I had to jump from the truck into the back of a moving car. That really wasn't me. However, I did have to jump from a moving tow-truck used in that scene into the back of a car, then knock out the guy driving the car. That turned out to be the scariest stunt I had to do. The driver held down the gas pedal until I could get hold of the steering wheel. Then I had to push him over and drive away. It wasn't easy."

Can it really be 25 years? Unbelievable!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;