Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:16 pm

I do have KR set to DVR on TV but hell today's thursday where the freak is my episode on iTunes damnit.

I've refreshed like 20 times and no NEW KR episode from last night WTF???

DAMN YOU iTunes I even bought the season pass tooo grrrrrrr

hey Neil how bout some NEW KR08 emoticons?? :kitt2: :dash4:
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:34 pm

A lot of improvement here. Just as I'd expected, the first episode had to deal with establishing new ideas, while trying to fit in the backdoor pilot and ended up too busy. Here it's standing on solid ground, which is great. It played out like a classic Knight Rider episode.

Only a few beefs though... The transform-in-mid-air for the purpose of protecting their cover, when they're jumping over a car, makes no sense. Neither does the arbitrary transformation to truck mode in the desert, unless I missed a justification given. If anything, they could save the money from the CGI for something else. Last but not least, some times KITT reminds me more of of the TKR cars than the original "super-car". I'd like him to be able to keep up and beat an ordinary car without going into attack mode. I'd like him to be a little more resistant. And it's cool that all the people in the KITTcave exist for a reason, but rerouting his power to come back online is something he should be able to do on his own.

But still, all in all, good fun.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:58 pm

THO IT SHOWS IMPROVEMENT.....( THE LASER IS A NICE TOUCH )

The fact that Michael, Sarah, KI3T can be jumped by the villian....shows a nagging flaw about the scene shoot/script....which will get better in time.

Kilmer is getting comfy as KI3T & his humor-esque tone is also developing /note: no morphing to truck in this episode!- THANKFULLY.....- yeh, I watched it...FULLY.

KR-TOS: Michael did not blow their cover so blatantly nor reveal KITT,etc....yeh I know...it's new show,etc, etc,etc.
But really, for us DIE-HARD FANS of KR....WE ( at least I tho I can't speak for all & won't!) should give it a chance...
and suffice to say...thankfully, tact/tastefully there was only implied sexual reference,not blatant camera shots. as in the new show.

After KITT got beat up by Goliath twice in the desert, and raced a few times.....( tho cheeze shot/fimed ) if done today....the T/A would run cicrles around the 'stang &tho the scenes were re-used ...still very choce...

the theme needs a re-work blend of the two shows....!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Um... KITT did change into the truck last night. It was right after the desert scene while Sarah and Mike's friend were racing to save Mike. It was short... but he did do it.

volatil98
Stranger

Post by volatil98 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 pm

Well was good this time but they need to stop promos of FORD thats sucks for the Shows everybody knows is a Mustang. Also they need to upgrade the truck with no Ford sings and more black the rings too. and make the turbo boost looks more like oldtimes with new tecnologie [/spoiler] :kittside:

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey i thought the 2nd episode was awsome.Great action and humor and i agree with alot of the people who posted already it had the feel of the orignal series.

Travis

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi all,

I enjoyed the episode last night though the ending was a bit rushed. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Some point that I liked:

SUNG KANG - WOW, a surprise he was here. But once I saw how the episode was involving cars, it made perfect sense given the produces ties to Fast and the Furious and also Sung Kang's role in Fast and Furious 3.

KARL YUNE - No one's mentioned Karl Yune (the other Asian guy in last night's episode) but did people know that Karl is the brother of RICK YUNE? Yes, Rick Yune of the original Fast and the Furious. Maybe they couldn't get Rick but decided for his brother instead.

The Bikini clad girls - Nice but maybe a little too much. Hopefully, the writers/producers will focus on aspects of the show that doesn't involve women dressed down.

Otherwise, a lot better than the 1st episode. Hopefully, we can get a revisit from KARR as well :)

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Ok big improvement

as a traditional lover of the ol Show, i am accepting the new technology no problems with that.

JUST NO MORE 4x4 TRANSFORMATION.

Please lets do the Turbo Stunt --believable not this other crap.

Other than that, storyline is good lets get a bit more into Michael Knight and not Sarah who is just unnecessary

the root of the show is Michael Knight a loner-
One man can make a difference.

Otherwise despite my last week's rant this is getting watchable.

PS: Still have to watch the Knight of the Drones just keep it all real after KR2008 hehe

Yep Kilmer is getting better! :dash:

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Please please please lose the CGI and bring back KITTS booster sound to turbo boost
Thats the only problem i have with it
oh ATTACK mode needs to make us feel like KITT is doing 300 mph too

Val is growing on me as KI3T
and the transforming is cool as hell
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

hulkster
Stranger

Post by hulkster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 pm

People, but seriously people. I apologize in advance for the long post and language mistakes but PEOPLE!!!, were we all watching the same episode? All I see are plot holes, ways to fill the plot holes creating another ones and things that the writer forces in specially for his intended viewers group. I've seen many pleasant comments here (for the show, not me) and I feel i need to take my vioce in the discussion. About that group that I mentioned, what do you think it is? I'm guessing 13 year olds (no offense meant here). I'm sorry, maybe in your countries teens are more mature but here in Poland most of them are pretty shallow. I know I'm not specific, that's why I'm gonna give you minute by minute list of bad things in this episode from the perspective of 24 year old electronics engineer (I'll try not be very strict about some technical issues but they've crossed my limit of tolerance)

4:56 - the near upskirt of that whatshername girl - we cleanly see what the director wants us (or the viewers i mentioned above) to look for in the series

6:00 - asian dude in he's car - now if the producer is pumping so much money in this series (i mean expensive cars, lots of CGI, mansions full of girls in bikini) why this is clearly car before the screen displaying moving desert with poor editing i might add (younger readers, this is how the were filming car chases in the past)

7:05 - ok so he's way faster than him in the attack mode but could someone explain to me why he slowed down to match his speed?

7:17 - they're driving side by side and suddenly asian figures he has to do something about it, he turns the wheel and suddenly hes in the lead

7:35 - hell no, there is obviously not enough distance to switch the lane because the van is blocking only half of the road (not mentioning the side)

7:55 - they cant see you like that, you must switch mid-air - ok i might be blind, after all i wear glasses but i dont see the bar anywhere close, so if the people there does not see KITT now, cant I wait until I touchdown and switch then? KITT is not a glider and seriously want fly that far

8:05 - some blasts from the heater and mike drives off the road - ok I can believe that but can anyone tell me why when they later go to the crap cave KITT has damaged body? (besides mike is now leading the race but in the last shot he didn't overtake asian dude while flying wtf??)

8:08 - speaking of the dude, he must've been taking to much funny E pills cause he's out of control, hmm anyone can explain this one?

9:33 - hmm, either KITT can only be repaired upside down or the sarah doesn't know how to operate the remote

18:27 - aaah, sarah in a bikini. Someone (give him credit) said in the discussion about the 1st episode that the writer should be focused more on her personality than her body. Nice wish but not gonna happen

19:20 - I have died and gone to the silicon valley. Wait what?

19:55 - I was wondering what comment should I make here and decided to leave it to Your consideration

23:03 - If had security guard who would shoot at my 0.5 mil $ car he'd get retraining in syberia. Besides the car should have had lots of bullet holes after that scene

24:20 - Ok, unless in later episodes it is revealed that mike has some sort of chip etc in his tatoo this scene does not make sense, here's why: if the image of the tatoo contains some sort of code which accesses the database about him KITT should have popped up the information imidiatly when he saw him for the first time (unless he has tatoo reader buit into his hood)

28:00 - If KITT was analyzing movies he wouldn't have done it in normal speed (I mean 30 fps). You can see in Star Trek: The Next Generation how fast can computers learn (i mean Data going through the files)

33:50 - Im following Michaels preexisting order - it means he took sarah to safe distance, then she said: KITT we're going back, KITT: ok (she's driving).

34:02 - They must be using and advanced jamming device, yeah they've smelled his in ear implant and stuck the jammer up his ass before they dug him in

35:00 - Sure i suspect that you are on the same side as asiand but what the hell, look at the most secret thing we have

36:30 - Eee, why did he let her dig him out?

37:38 - Firstly did anyone of you paused for a moment to think why would someone create a device like this (i mean the E-M generator). I has extremly limited range. I'm open to suggestions. Secondly you can make equipment that is immune to E-M impulses by using Faraday's Cage. All military equipment is built that way so i pressume top secret AI car would be as well. And thirdly, didn't mike deactivate KITT a moments earlier?

39:10 - Damn those asians and their cat like reflexes. Besides why is white t-shirt shooting at the car and going straight for mike, if he's cuffed to the car wouldn't it be easier to just walk around it in the distance?

39:35 - I see, the e-m generator was made for wallmart.

39:40 - Just a note that white t-shirt is a really slow walker

39:49 - I you didn't notice she had duct tape on her hands and mike took it off whith one move. Damn special forces houdini.

To summarize it all the new Knight Rider is about: boobs, asses, legs, sexual allusions, lack of logic, fast cars and other things that would make a teen watch commercials in between. The producer, writer and director must have decided that they would be so busy looking at tits etc. that they wouldnt pay attention to anything else. The original (attention) Knight Rider (at ease) had it's illogical moments (super pursuit mode most of the time) be this one beats all the records. The level is very similar to Earth: Final Conflict 3rd season. After scrolling through the posts in this topic i think that most fans saw 1st episode and didn't want to see any more. If you have enjoyed this one i dont want to judge you, maybe you're looking for something different in the series than I do. I just want you to think about what the producers/writers/directors think about you. They expect to make a lot of money from this show. The could show you some respect

ps. im using "asian" because it's easier than looking for other adjectives, no offense ment

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:12 pm

I thought last night episode was awsome and it seem' we should really give this show a chance. :D

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:33 pm

If you have enjoyed this one i dont want to judge you, maybe you're looking for something different in the series than I do. I just want you to think about what the producers/writers/directors think about you. They expect to make a lot of money from this show. The could show you some respect
Oh, spare me the patrionizing attitude. You're already judging. Nice of you to drop by and let us know, though.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:57 pm

vertigo778 wrote:hey guys,

Vertigo here form the VFX team, glad everyone liked this one, we had a fun time with it, especially with the car transforming in the air, mike looking down at the kid, and KITT's laser. And of course the classic desert scene racing toward us :)

Some quick comments about the VFX shots in general:

1) With the quantity of driving work, its easier to shoot the actors on green screen, particularly for high speed stuff. We'd love to tow them around on a rig, but its would take a lot longer, which is tough for a TV show these days.

- Vertigo
- Knight Rider VFX Team
Something doesn't feel quite right about the green screen.. I'm not sure what it is. Is it the bumps in the road not matching up? Or is it the lighting on the buck car that is throwing me?

All the other more complicated effects are seamless, the turbo boost was awesome!
I think that would be my only concern or complaint about the whole show.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

hulkster
Stranger

Post by hulkster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:59 pm

I was really trying not to judge. There are people that enjoy for example Prison Break or Lost. I dont see why but the creators are really trying to make it whole. With the new KR I think that they had a vision of few scenes and then glued it together with a very flat story. Of course there are good things about this episode, I just didn't write them because most of the people in this trade did it for me.

seven58o
Volunteer

Post by seven58o » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 pm

HELLO! i havent been on here in FOREVER.

i'm really tired so i skipped pages 3 - 5.5 on this thread, so if the following items have been posted or answered, point out i'm a lazy idiot and move on :)

first, LOVED the desert / theme song shot.

2nd: noticed it in the first ep as well - scanner sound is the same (BEAUTIFUL)
AND
if you look REALLY closely at the voice mod, you can see KITTs old one from TOS in there!! LOVE IT. the small nods to original things is wonderful.

what happened to the sawed off steering wheel? i say "sawed off" instead of "gullwing" because my own is physically "sawed off" haha.

i think the supporting actors are HORRID. i do like the comic relief of the linguist and the electrical engineer (though it's a little much at times)

i think the chem between mike and KITT is amazing! val (is that still val? sounds like him but havent checked the credits to be sure) val is doing a wonderful job. i love his voice as KITT. he's definitely warming up to the role and the AI/character development in this ep was fantastic. they make a handsome pair :)

i think thats all i have for now. hope it keeps getting better! sorry i've been away so long

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

hulkster wrote:I was really trying not to judge. There are people that enjoy for example Prison Break or Lost. I dont see why but the creators are really trying to make it whole. With the new KR I think that they had a vision of few scenes and then glued it together with a very flat story. Of course there are good things about this episode, I just didn't write them because most of the people in this trade did it for me.
That's not a problem. Even if you hadn't found anything good about it, it'd be fine. After all, I'm in the "cast" of people who are relentless when they don't like something. I bash with no mercy. But you essentially said that "hey, this is a *?$# show and you guys should expect better, otherwise you're pretty *?$# too"... which didn't sound particularly well. The problem is that when we're talking about something as trivial as a TV show like this, it's better to not judge, than try not to judge. It's a better deal for all of us.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Well this was certainly a better episode than the first one, but I'm still having trouble with Kitt only being able to turbo boost etc in Attack Mode. That really needs to change...

What was the deal with Kitt being damaged in the turbo boost landing? that doesn't make any sense.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Rockatteer wrote:Well this was certainly a better episode than the first one, but I'm still having trouble with Kitt only being able to turbo boost etc in Attack Mode. That really needs to change...

What was the deal with Kitt being damaged in the turbo boost landing? that doesn't make any sense.

Kitt said that transforming in mid-air could effect his structural integrity, he wasnt wasnt fully transformed on landing, hence why he was damaged and blew some circuits and his tyre.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:49 pm

coach41 wrote:Hi all,

I enjoyed the episode last night though the ending was a bit rushed. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Some point that I liked:

SUNG KANG - WOW, a surprise he was here. But once I saw how the episode was involving cars, it made perfect sense given the produces ties to Fast and the Furious and also Sung Kang's role in Fast and Furious 3.

KARL YUNE - No one's mentioned Karl Yune (the other Asian guy in last night's episode) but did people know that Karl is the brother of RICK YUNE? Yes, Rick Yune of the original Fast and the Furious. Maybe they couldn't get Rick but decided for his brother instead.

The Bikini clad girls - Nice but maybe a little too much. Hopefully, the writers/producers will focus on aspects of the show that doesn't involve women dressed down.

Otherwise, a lot better than the 1st episode. Hopefully, we can get a revisit from KARR as well :)
Okay- were either one of those guys in the pilot?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 pm

KnightRiderFan1051 wrote:I do have KR set to DVR on TV but hell today's thursday where the freak is my episode on iTunes damnit.

I've refreshed like 20 times and no NEW KR episode from last night WTF???

DAMN YOU iTunes I even bought the season pass tooo grrrrrrr

hey Neil how bout some NEW KR08 emoticons?? :kitt2: :dash4:
(ahem) try it now. :D
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Hulkster, 90% of your gripes regard you being uncomfortable with girls looking "hot" on TV and Mike Liking hot girls. I suggest you go back and rewatch the old series, and compare it to the times. It's practically identical... except the women are now usually hotter.

If this were ANY other show, most of you wouldn't be complaining even a little bit. But since you saw this show when you were a KID, and you somehow remember it being less "sexy", you decide this new show focuses far too much on it.

9% are really weak gripes.
Let's go through a few of these real quick
Car being upside down: JUMPING CAR... that is now busted. Meaning you check the underside to see where the damage is.
Movie at normal speed: It allows the audience to connect with KITT.
Asian Guy in the lead: In racing, the stupidest, smallest screwup can cost you big in time. If the car was matching KITT (which the dialogue suggested), then this is perfectly reasonable.

You do have 1% of validity though.
1) The digging Mike out. I have to give you this one, from a bad guy's perspective it doesn't make sense. But for a twist-formula... it helped. You weren't sure this guy was bad until he slugged Sarah.
2) The green screen in this one wasn't that great. Especially on the side and "head on" shots. I think Sue mentioned why in another thread: The camera motion and the car motions weren't matching up. Small things like that will pull someone out real quick.

Rockatteer, they said in the dialogue that if KITT changes in mid air, it will be a problem.

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:14 am

I have to ask: What was the movie that the Knight 3000 was watching throughout the ep?
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:26 am

calhoun24 wrote:I have to ask: What was the movie that the Knight 3000 was watching throughout the ep?
I wonder what it is too... :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

hulkster
Stranger

Post by hulkster » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:50 am

Rjaniz wrote:Hulkster, 90% of your gripes regard you being uncomfortable with girls looking "hot" on TV and Mike Liking hot girls. I suggest you go back and rewatch the old series, and compare it to the times. It's practically identical... except the women are now usually hotter.
Ok I agree. I'm judging the series by the standards of the original one. And I'm not uncomfortable with hot girl (I'm a man after all). There's just something about the directing. I know that in the original series Michael would find pretty girl in almost every episode but the director was rarely (if ever) focusing and zooming on their "less important than personality" body parts. I guess I wouldn't complain about it in any other series but I wanted this one to be something different and my review is bad because I'm dissapointed
Rjaniz wrote:Car being upside down: JUMPING CAR... that is now busted. Meaning you check the underside to see where the damage is.
I guess I can live with this explanation but look at the pace she's rolling the car around. Doesn't this give you the feeling they wanted to show you what special effects they can do and figured out the expanation afterwards?
Rjaniz wrote:Asian Guy in the lead: In racing, the stupidest, smallest screwup can cost you big in time. If the car was matching KITT (which the dialogue suggested), then this is perfectly reasonable.
I'll stay with mine on this one so stay with me for a while. Red car passes the van, he's in the lead. Mike turbo boosts over the car, in the next shot we don't see mike flying over the red car, so the asian is still in the lead. He reverts back into normal mode which means that his speed would be lower than the asians. Now the road is straight here, no curves. I really don't see how the asian could have lost in this situation (unless they filmed something which expains his out of control driving near the end, some damage maybe and they cut it out because there was not enough time to show the bikini mansion).

Oh and thank you for stating your opinion in constructive points

bson
Volunteer

Post by bson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Give me the old Knight Rider any day. The new show is so horribly bad that I don't know where to start. Say what you will about the old Michael Knight, but his performances were much better than the new one. This guy can't act and the lines are so bad that the acting seems even worse. I never thought I would say this, but stop people from stripping down all the time. If you want credibility, you can't do this every show. Considering how long ago the old Knight Rider was on, how is it possible that the new show looks so completey fake. The scenes of seeing people in cars do not look remotely realistic. At least try to make it look like the people in the cars are actually going down the road, rather than the fake CGI shots where you know the people are stationary with a screen behind them. I mean people drive in real cars down real highways all the time, right? How hard can this effect be? What is with the 3-D object creator? Two read lights creating something from nothing. I think I have seen something like this before. Thats right, it was Star Trek in the 24th century and they were called replicators. Seems kind of out of place and out of the realm of possibilities for Kitt right. I'm also kind of tired of all the transformations too. I'm still waiting for the episode where Kitt transforms into a robot and announces "I am Optimus Kitt". Good grief! I would like to see a show that wasn't so shiny and sleek and perfect where every situation has a gadget. Also, do away with all the video conferencing while driving down the highway. I know they are shooting for a whole world at their fingertips kind of show, but I miss the lonewolf man and machine Knight Rider of the past. It just seems that after all these years they could do better than what we are seeing now. Yes, we finally have a new Knight Rider series, but come on people. We deserve better and this new show owes it to the original to be better.