Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Post by neps » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 am

Use this topic to discuss the episode tonight! We'll also be in the chat room as well http://knightrideronline.com/chat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can watch the trailer for tonights episode here:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... of_knight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Re: Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Can't wait to see it, those sneek peaks were amazing! However I will be working and be able to watch it until I get back, thank god for HD & DVR!

Joe

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Hopefully I still be awake to watch it as it airs... Because I'm almost a zombie due to my lack of sleep over the last two days...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Just a quick post now that I've finished watching this episode -

It's 100 times better than the Pilot. This episode is classic Knight Rider all the way through! Not once did I cringe at Zoe, either! Loved the desert driving! More to come after I've digested it.

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 pm

All I can say is.....

YAYYY!!!!!

That was freakin amazing!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:04 pm

Yea - I thought this was great. Excellent job GST et all. The theme turning on driving in the dessert was a nice touch. Even my wife who is not a huge KR fan was like "where do I know this from"

KITT shooting a laser was nice - the video screen on the Hood was fun too. Need to process. :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Ditto, that was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lot better than the first episode. Very good hour spent there, I too will need a bit more time to digest, no long ass rambling post this time until I watch it a second time. Right now I need sleep...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rikimaran
Stranger

Post by Rikimaran » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Agreed! I thought it was WAY better than last week's episode! Classic and new-ly awesome at the same time! Can't wait until next week!!! This episode gets 2 :kitt: :kitt: up!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 pm

[Exhaling a sigh of relief] Much, much improved over the Pilot. My main complaints from last week about the Pilot being too cartoonish seem to have been corrected completely. I didn't want to say anything before because I was waiting for tonight's episode, but it could have been Gary Scott Thompson's writing.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:08 pm

OMG, that was so much better than the premiere! The opening encounter with this episode's bad guys (one of whom played Han in 'F&F - Tokyo Drift') to Sarah going undercover (or lack thereof) and the continuation of Mike's search for clues to his 'amnesia'. all in all, I'd say this shows a HUGE step forward in quality for the series!!

:good: :good: Here's to a full season (and beyond) of the show!! :good: :good:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I have to agree with everyone so far, much better than the 1st episode, wish they would take that KR logo off the car underneath. I love that Mustang, love the color combo with that scanner.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Wow. That was much improved over the premiere ep and the 2 hr movie. I get this feeling the show is going to get better as it goes along. Among the highlights for me:
  • It was really cool to see Sung Kang in this. I liked his performance in "Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift", and considering that was GST's series, it felt "right" for him to be involved.
  • Much more interaction between KITT and MIke, including some of the "learning" GST hinted at. The last exchange at the cave was fantastic and shows KITT is clearly growing.
  • Deanna Russo in a bikini. :good:
  • Lots of car action, including a good amount of non-CGI stuff. The beginning race had a bit, but later it was almost all done on a real road, which I was happy to see.
  • KR theme + racing across the dessert towards the camera = awesomeness.
  • KITT's various abilities were used perfectly this time around, from the ticket printing to the laser. And now we know what the thingie in the back seat is! It also hints that KITT may indeed store extra raw matter to be manipulated.
  • Really nice to see the Ford GT in action. The "standard" blue one in the beginning made me giddy as a Transformers fan since that's the "Alternators" form of Mirage. :)
Overall, lots of fun, good action, drama and tension. If the series keeps going in this direction then I believe it might stand a chance at gaining more of an audience.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:10 pm

I thought it was G R E A T! The ratings had better be better tonight or they have given the Nelson Ratings box's too Monkeys!!! I was however disappointed in the commercials. I thought there was one every minute but it maybe was because I was so involved in the show.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Deanna Russo? Hot. Deanna Russo in a bikini?? I just found religion. 8) :good:

Rikimaran
Stranger

Post by Rikimaran » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Okay, now that I've properly assessed the episode, allow me to point out what I liked.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
- Deanna in a bikini.
- KI3T is actually growing. From the 'watching of the western' to try to understand 'men's roles in society' to the humor at the end in the cave, it made me actually smile.
-The part where Mike told KI3T to transform, and KI3T said no, and Mike gave him an ultimatum and KI3T relented. Just the way KI3T said it, defeated, was hilarious.
- The racing was awesome! And it wasn't all CGI!
- The desert scene was by far the greatest part of the episode. I saw the desert and heard the music and my eyes lit up, I was totally surprised. Made me get goosebumps!
- KI3T has more functions! The document printer, and the object maker! (I'm sure everyone noticed when Mike asked him to print the money, and KI3T said it would be illegal. Nod to original series!)
- The tattoo thing on the hood. And Mike's quest for his past. I think it's AWESOME how they're keeping the episodes CONNECTED. (Unlike OTHER shows... where each week is 'all neatly wrapped up' and the events are never spoken of again. Buffy and Angel had the best continuity that I can remember.)
- Deanna in a bikini, did I mention that?

Also, anyone else feel KI3T growing on them? I sure do.... I see this show lasting for longer than TOS if episodes like this keep coming...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Ok, one episode of 90% naked women is...I guess ok...but two in a row?(Next episode is eerily similar to #2...) Stupid. Don't really know what the third episode is about, but Kitt should honestly post a dress code for people riding in him. o.O

Anyway...I thought the second episode fixed a few things. First, Kitt gets 'stolen' for a little bit, that's cool. EMP thing was a little weird, but sure. Overall, I think this episode actually had a direction that it set out on and got to an end point in a logical manner. I got a little sick of seeing the bar sign though. ENOUGH WITH THE TRUCK. Good lord, the TA drove over a desert in ssssoooo many episodes (ha, give the 'stang those spiked tires XD) Don't like the sunglasses thing either, definantly need some new comlinks XD

Favorite part? Maybe Mike's random Army records showing up on Kitts hood. Thought it was a weird use of nanos, but very interesting. Really loved that Kitt was just randomly watching westerns. Almost as good as Kitt and Michael playing Atari while driving around. Or poker. Oh! And when they were driving through the desert with the theme playing (before he became a truck >.<) That was nice.

What still needs fixing? Turbo Boost is actually irritating to watch. And why the hell does Kitt need to repeat everything!? Can't he just say 'Done' or 'Sure' or something less irritating? XD Still some really cheezy lines that need help, but I think this episode cleared up some issues I had with the first episode.

(Oh yeah, I totally hoped Kitt would have some sweet lazers too XD)

(Yeah, I just copied and pasted what I wrote from NBC...cause I'm lazy)
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:21 pm

I enjoyed the first episode, but this one already went and improved a ton over that in look and feel and truly felt like "Knight Rider". Loved the interaction and character growth between Michael and KITT, especially the couple of fantastic KITT growth moments, it's going to be awesome seeing the new KITT grow to have the type of trust the classic Michael and KI2T did, this show better be picked up for the rest of it's full season/multiple seasons so they can get the proper time to build this show up. The ending with KITT saying what he did to Mike about who was the sidekick was spot on.

I loved how the laser appeared to even shoot out the same way as in the old series from the hood and at that angle, that was a nice nod to the original when KARR used a laser a few times in the original for example.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm

I remember reading about the "3D Object Generator" a few years ago. Very cool!

I agree with goldbug on seeing Sung Kang in the episode.

Also, as I suspected, KI3T has the ability to Micro Jam. People were complaining last week, but there were times in the original series when KITT just sat there when he could have come to Michael's aid.

Excellent ending that showing KI3T becoming more human.

--krfan1

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm

kittxthexcat wrote:What still needs fixing? Turbo Boost is actually irritating to watch. And why the hell does Kitt need to repeat everything!? Can't he just say 'Done' or 'Sure' or something less irritating? XD Still some really cheezy lines that need help, but I think this episode cleared up some issues I had with the first episode.
I agree on the Turbo Boost. Much better this time (obviously since they were moving) but while I don't mind the neon since it looks nice at night and might scare off some criminals later on, the KR logo needs to go, it's so out of place. The next thing I want to see with Turbo Boost is that they show us a jump from the SIDE like in the old days. :)

As for the repeating commands, I'm pretty sure after looking at this second episode, that this will go away over the course of the season as KITT grows and interacts more with Michael and it becomes a true partnership. He's already starting to become a little less mechanical in interacting with Mike during the course of this episode.

Agree about the cheesy dialogue improvement, this episode was much more natural, less one-liners, more interesting dialog etc. There will always be a little cheese, it's Knight Rider, so this was a good sign of things to come as the show finds it's tone.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow, I am MUCH more hopeful about the show now. I thought that episode was a LOT better than the premiere, and I didn't hate the premiere, it simply had better pacing. But there was some actual driving which was nice. A look at his functions was nice...hopefully Mike will start to learn more of KITT's functions as we go. My only complaint is the green screen during the race, how hard is it to put the camera on the guy while he's driving? They also seem to have a hard time deciding whether Sarah should be a sidekick or a Bonnie character, she seems to bounce back and forth.

But on the whole, that was an infinitely better episode. The women exploitation was much less gratuitous and much more on par with the old show. I liked the laser, and the printer. And obviously this goes without saying - but the desert scene...holy crap!

My roommates and I all cheered when we heard the theme and KITT came up through the desert. Freaking brilliant.

Anyway, as I said, much more optimistic now. I really hope the show sticks around because its the only compelling show on television right now. Great recovery guys, I really liked it.

Question: What is the SSC?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:34 pm

MR2NR wrote:I thought it was G R E A T! The ratings had better be better tonight or they have given the Nelson Ratings box's too Monkeys!!! I was however disappointed in the commercials. I thought there was one every minute but it maybe was because I was so involved in the show.
My best friend has a Nielsen box. I told him I would hurt him if he wasn't watching Knight Rider. Luckily, he is a fan too... cause I'd hate to have to hurt my best friend ;-)

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 pm

hello

hey the episode was great a lot of action as usual.it was cool to see the transformation effects a gain cool and we final get to see the back seat for tolls that it has I'm glad they are unseeing the normal kitt allot i am not a big fan of the attack look but i was drawn to the green charger that was in it I'm a mopar man keep it up KR guys 2 :good: up

:kitt2: :D

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Question: What is the SSC?
The Satellite Surveillance Center... a.k.a. the KITTCave.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 pm

I'd like to know what happens when K.I.T.T. starts to watch horror/violent movies and begins to get too human. I saw a setup for disaster, personally. What happens when K.I.T.T. realizes he has the upper hand on everybody down the line? :twisted:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I'd like to know what happens when K.I.T.T. starts to watch horror/violent movies and begins to get too human. I saw a setup for disaster, personally. What happens when K.I.T.T. realizes he has the upper hand on everybody down the line? :twisted:
If he watches "Terminator", they're screwed. :wink:
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)