K.I.T.T. Camaro

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. Camaro

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Perhaps this should have been much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbbVlRtLrEE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame to see that the mustang wasn't the right choice in this one

KR08 should be cancelled soon.

KiTT316
Rookie

Re: K.I.T.T. Camaro

Post by KiTT316 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:43 pm

That's a great attitude!!

-Matt

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:58 pm

kitt34 wrote:Perhaps this should have been much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbbVlRtLrEE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well everyone is entitled to their own opinion i think.

but in my eyes the mustang kicked ass and the camaro wouldnt have had the same effect due to it already been used as bumblebee in transformers,

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Back in the 80s NBC started Knight Rider - so I doubt this new series will not be canceled anytime soon- I say this why would NBC spend money the show website together http://nbc.com/knightrider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with all of the new feature coming to that website like fans to solve cases so I know that series problay wont be canceled. Just give the show a chance. Since NBC started Knight Rider in the 80s they know what they are doing. They would of use the Trans Am, Pontiac dose NOT MAKE THE TRANS AM, then I know they were thinking about Chevy, but the problem there is that Transformers the Movie took the new Camaro so they had to then that left 2 car manufacturer Dodge & Ford

And do not forget NBC order only 13 season of Knight for Season 1 (Just give the show a chance) I'm guessing when they get half way through season 1 then NBC will decide to extend or cancel the series.

ONE MORE POINT THAT I HAVE IS THAT GST DOSE NOT EXTACLY WANT TO COPY THE ORGNIAL SERIES COMPELETLY
since what would point of going back to OLD CASE that were solve with Michael Knight in the 1980 series and put is is 25 years later, PEOPLE YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS EVERY YEAR TECHNOLOGY DOSE CHANGE.

I know sooner or later GST will try and put into what happen to the orginial flag employees and the other flag headquarters. To semi-truck use in the 1980 series could come back sometime in the news series. they are working on getting the truck update so that is why they are using the plane and do not forget flying is faster then driving on the highway. I say the SSC is a good idea since how about if F.L.A.G was under attack and to me that SSC center seems like bomb proof so they are protected from a attack. For Example in the 1980 series in one episode KARR crashed through Flags fence.

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:16 pm

jimknight wrote:

but in my eyes the mustang kicked ass and the camaro wouldnt have had the same effect due to it already been used as bumblebee in transformers,
I agree with the post that was before mine. I kind of put this way for the semi-truck (mobile unit) is get a technology update.

Shokara
Stranger

Post by Shokara » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 pm

jimknight wrote:

You seem to forget that a Mustang was also used in the Transformers live-action movie as the Decepticon Barricade. Yes yes, it was a Saleen Mustang outfitted as a police cruiser and not the Mustang Shelby GT500KR for KITT. I also know it wasn't really meant to showcase the Saleen Mustang as opposed to Bumblebee and the '09 Camaro, but NBC hasn't escaped repetition with their current choice.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Techinally it wasnt a Saleen Mustang in Transformers, it was actually a Saleen S281, because Saleen also made that Camaro for the Transformers, Ford didnt want the mustang as a bad guy, so saleen made the s281 the bad guy.

I know it sounds confusing, but it is true.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:55 pm

bige12 wrote:Back in the 80s NBC started Knight Rider - so I doubt this new series will not be canceled anytime soon- I say this why would NBC spend money the show website together http://nbc.com/knightrider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with all of the new feature coming to that website like fans to solve cases so I know that series problay wont be canceled. Just give the show a chance. Since NBC started Knight Rider in the 80s they know what they are doing. They would of use the Trans Am, Pontiac dose NOT MAKE THE TRANS AM, then I know they were thinking about Chevy, but the problem there is that Transformers the Movie took the new Camaro so they had to then that left 2 car manufacturer Dodge & Ford

And do not forget NBC order only 13 season of Knight for Season 1 (Just give the show a chance) I'm guessing when they get half way through season 1 then NBC will decide to extend or cancel the series.

ONE MORE POINT THAT I HAVE IS THAT GST DOSE NOT EXTACLY WANT TO COPY THE ORGNIAL SERIES COMPELETLY
since what would point of going back to OLD CASE that were solve with Michael Knight in the 1980 series and put is is 25 years later, PEOPLE YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS EVERY YEAR TECHNOLOGY DOSE CHANGE.

I know sooner or later GST will try and put into what happen to the orginial flag employees and the other flag headquarters. To semi-truck use in the 1980 series could come back sometime in the news series. they are working on getting the truck update so that is why they are using the plane and do not forget flying is faster then driving on the highway. I say the SSC is a good idea since how about if F.L.A.G was under attack and to me that SSC center seems like bomb proof so they are protected from a attack. For Example in the 1980 series in one episode KARR crashed through Flags fence.

Sorry but I just can't give this show a chance, it has lost it

and not only that it had 7.3 million viewers in the ratings, so knight rider to me has ran out of steam and it's power, I'm gonna have wait for the big screen version.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:56 pm

jimknight wrote:

But to me, the mustang was a terrible choice and the show is heading on my list of one of the year's worst.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:57 pm

KiTT316 wrote:That's a great attitude!!

-Matt

And the camaro is trans-am's sister car.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 pm

kitt34 wrote:

And the camaro is trans-am's sister car.
wha?
ok, so you dont like the show or the car. Theere are plenty of us out there who do.
Heroes' ratings were low too, and it the 3rd place spot for that night. Same as every show that premiered week.
Office was #3, My name is Earl was #3, lipstick jungle was #3.

And what are you going to do if the show gets cancelled?
You'll have nothing to complain about. Plus there probably wont be another kngith rider show on tv with our life-time. There's alot of us here who love the show. We want it to succeed...
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:45 pm

This is a new, exciting and original topic.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:35 pm

ROTFL Yes, yes it is.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Can you do everybody a favor and look through past threads about this tired topic before making a new one? I don't understand why people still continue to dignify this topic with responses.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 pm

crap

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:35 am

No, the Camaro is going to be made in Canada. Plus it is just as boxy as a Mustang GT500KR. It looks like KITT got punched in the nose and got his cheeks spread out.

Mustang was the best choice because it is the only American Muscle car remaining that has a backseat.

Here's the real issue though...they should have modified the Mustang to have a more aerodynamic front end. The 1982 trans am was modified in the front, why not the Mustang? Because Ford didn't allow it.

I think the ratings are low partly because they released it online first. I wish they would publish how many views/downloads of the episode there were! and for christ's sake, FACTOR THAT INTO THE RATINGS!!!!

guess that would make too much sense...

--Brian

Still a fan
Stranger

C'mon, give me a break already

Post by Still a fan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:43 am

C'mon you guys. This whole hatin on the Mustang and KITT bein a Camaro thing all over again is just way to late. All because of the fact that you guys don't like the Mustang? At least appreciate the fact that they're at least using a 550hp All-American Muscle in this All-American show. Yeah, so is the Camaro, but it's only gonna have a little over 400hp.

Don't get me wrong though, I think They're BOTH great cars, but you might as well go for something that you know is more powerful and already in sale (WITH THE EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE HOPING THAT "KARR" BECOMES THAT CAMARO, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT). But to tell you the truth, not to long ago, I was actually up close and personal with the Shelby-Cobra GT500 in black at a Wal-Mart parking lot, and I gotta tell you guys, It looks A LOT better in person. It may not have been the KR edition like in the show, but that car was so HOT that it was turning heads. And people were actually takin pics.

So all you haters that keep hatin' on a 'Stang mean to tell all of us fans that you would never accept ANYONE dropping the keys to a 550hp car on your lap and say "Hey, Go AHEAD. Take it for a spin" and never accept it....PUHHLLEEASE. "OHH OHH, KITT SHOULD'VE BEEN A CAMARO"....I don't wanna hear it. That's the only reason I could only think of is why you guys hate the show. After what I've seen, I thought it was great and I thought they played it out just right. I grew up a Knight Rider fan and I don't wanna miss another episode. Keep playing the show for us NBC.

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 pm

hello

Kitt should been a camaro it is the sister car of the trans am and the black version of the new camaro all they had to do is put the light in the area in front bellow the hood and put a cool dash and no ground effects the ground effects on the mustang look *?$# and the rest of the stuff they put on it. the movie version of kitt was fine and awesome they should keep it in the show with out changing a thing i liked the computer in the center and all the HUD effects to much there is a lout of stuff to figure our what all the feature the HUD has and to confusing and i am telling you the blue lights look crap underneath it a simple blue lights across the bottom would be fine .the blower on top oh the hood dose look like crap it doesn't look like a normal blower on a race car or nhra car it doesn't look good at all . and my pet peeve is knight foundation symbol was a knight piece like chess not a snake at all they ruined what knight foundation was brought up on and the heritage is gone in this show these are all my options and hope people can relate to what i just said :good:

:kitt:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: C'mon, give me a break already

Post by GT500KR » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:53 pm

[quote="Still a fan"]
Don't get me wrong though, I think They're BOTH great cars, but you might as well go for something that you know is more powerful and already in sale (WITH THE EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE HOPING THAT "KARR" BECOMES THAT CAMARO, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT). But to tell you the truth, not to long ago, I was actually up close and personal with the Shelby-Cobra GT500 in black at a Wal-Mart parking lot, and I gotta tell you guys, It looks A LOT better in person. It may not have been the KR edition like in the show, but that car was so HOT that it was turning heads. And people were actually takin pics.
[quote]

I agree with you dude, it does look much better in person, I got to see KITT at the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA this past summer. The black with the black stripes looks AWESOME

I should of took better pictures.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Glad to hear someone got to go to that. There were also some pictures up on the events website, but your picts might be better.

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=11533&p=137793&h ... le#p137791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think KITT looks great, and I have always been a fan of those Shelby stripes too. But I’m sure glad they took that Shelby lettering off.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Hello

I found a Pict to support my idea and hope you like

Here is a camaro version and a trans am version they look better than that trans am and the heritage is keep d in the GM company

:good:
Attachments
here is a camaro version
here is a camaro version
m241a.jpg (106.39 KiB) Viewed 25403 times
here is a modern trans am
here is a modern trans am
m149a.jpg (39.46 KiB) Viewed 25273 times

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Why is it people cant understand that KITT is a Shelby now and that's not going to change.

GM wanted nothing to do with this show, they proved that by pulling Will Arnet from being the original voice of KI3T.

I understand people dont like the choice but, big deal. You guys are the same people who said the first episode sucked and you hope it gets cancelled.

THIS IS KI3T --
GT500KR wrote:Image
He's awesome, he's cool looking (imo, better than any trans-am ever made) and he is the new Knight Rider.

Long live this show. With it's amazing cast, a brilliant exec. producer, the coolest FX team there is, great writing and the balls to get done what needs no be done, even if they only have 40 minutes to do it in.
Put the word out!

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:23 pm

I am not complaining about the mustang it looks cool i can tell you are a ford person but you got to try to keep thinks in prospective the camaro and trans am are a gm product would keep things as a tradition as it should be even thought they used fords in TKR i don't consider that a knight rider show at all in my books it is to far off from the story lines of being tradition of the old school knight rider hope you can see my point

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:52 pm

or this hope you like :good:
Attachments
_0008_black kitt.jpg
_0008_black kitt.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 25208 times

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 pm

mykittcar wrote:I am not complaining about the mustang it looks cool i can tell you are a ford person but you got to try to keep thinks in prospective the camaro and trans am are a gm product would keep things as a tradition as it should be even thought they used fords in TKR i don't consider that a knight rider show at all in my books it is to far off from the story lines of being tradition of the old school knight rider hope you can see my point
i'm sorry but i dont see your point.
GM chose not to have their car's in it. Not the producer.
That's the point you dont seem to get.

And i'm not a Ford person. In fact, i care so little for car's that i still dont know how to drive.
That's how little i care.

There is no tradition to Knight Rider as every few years something new comes out that changes everything.

You know what, i can see that you guys are lost in your own hatred to this show and i no longer care.
I'm happy with the Knight Rider we have. It's amazing and not a damn effing thing needs to change...
Put the word out!