NBC Knight Rider Mentioned on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightdogg
Rookie

NBC Knight Rider Mentioned on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Post by knightdogg » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Jay Leno talked about the NBC Knight Rider during his monologue on 2/20/08. He called the show "stupid" and that there was a scene where KITT had to avoid something in the middle of the road which turned out to be David Hasselhoff eating a hamburger.

I like the way that Jay Leno bashes the show but then he seemed to be enjoying himself when he was driving around in KITT during one of his Garage segments.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Re: NBC Knight Rider Mentioned on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:39 pm

knightdogg wrote:Jay Leno talked about the NBC Knight Rider during his monologue on 2/20/08. He called the show "stupid" and that there was a scene where KITT had to avoid something in the middle of the road which turned out to be David Hasselhoff eating a hamburger.

I like the way that Jay Leno bashes the show but then he seemed to be enjoying himself when he was driving around in KITT during one of his Garage segments.
You have a video link to this?
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:46 pm

You can go to http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_wit ... odes.shtml and choose the Feburary 20 episode. He mentions Knight Rider at about 8 minutes and 30 seconds into the show.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:16 pm

He is just upset that NBC is pushing him out the door in favor of keeping Conan O'Brien.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Wow he really did slam it! On his own network too! He's basiclly a robot & tells jokes that the writers write for him. I doubt he even watched it, even so it was a jerkoff thing to say when they let him drive the car & said how cool it was!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Jay Leno is a big jerk,You watch when Knight rider gets picked up for a series he will be more than happy to have all the stars from the show on his show,and he will no doubt be kissing all there butts.Im sure when they are on his show he will be saying what a big fan of the show he is,I would call him 2 faced but that would be giving him too much credit.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:22 pm

darthknight72 wrote:Jay Leno is a big jerk,You watch when Knight rider gets picked up for a series he will be more than happy to have all the stars from the show on his show,and he will no doubt be kissing all there butts.Im sure when they are on his show he will be saying what a big fan of the show he is,I would call him 2 faced but that would be giving him too much credit.
Exactly. It will be interesting to see how he acts the next time Justin Bruening or David Hasselhoff appears on his show. But it's typical for TV show hosts and radio DJs to crack jokes about anyone and everyone and then later have them appear on their own shows (and after they have already appeared on their shows, too). They need all the comedic material they can get, which usually results at someone else's expense. Same method that small-time comedians use in comedy clubs where they have to start picking on members of the audience to make up for their lack of material.

It's part of Jay Leno's sense of humor to poke fun at things, especially if his own guests have an embarrassing story in the headlines or if they happen to say anything that can potentially be made fun of. He'll get you and he genuinely enjoys when his guests feel stupid on his show. In all honesty I would say that he was just cracking light-hearted jokes about the show because of the nature of what it is, but his use of the word "stupid" suggests he actually has some animosity toward it. And I was always under the impression that he had some respect for the franchise.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Jay makes fun of everything thing and everyone thats his bread and butter. I take what Jay says with a grain of salt.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:22 am

i'm a little pissed at jay leno for making those comments! anyway on that same day conan obrien also mentioned knight rider and he was much nicer about it, he didn't make fun and he even had a voice modulator on his desk imitating kitt. and on the same night carson daly mentioned knight rider. i guess nbc told them to promote the show to the public.
in glen larson we trust.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:53 am

I'll just bump this old thread up, why not.
On Thursday Jay was knocking KR again. He said "Eeer yesterday was the premiere of Knight Rider, Apparently the car can do anything except find a good script."
And then there was more about David Hasselhoff but i can't remember.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:18 am

Sue wrote:I'll just bump this old thread up, why not.
On Thursday Jay was knocking KR again. He said "Eeer yesterday was the premiere of Knight Rider, Apparently the car can do anything except find a good script."
And then there was more about David Hasselhoff but i can't remember.
To be expected. If he wants to talk about bad scripts, how come we never hear him mention one forgettable movie he did with Pat Morita called Collision Course?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 am

Or his monologues.

Not to say the writing on the premiere was great, far from it, but Jay is the last person who should be knocking a show's writing. Even more so with all the sucking up he does for awful movies he has to "love" to please whomever guest he has on that night.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 am

Can't we all admit for the sake of new Knight Rider's existence that the show was horrible?

I think with honesty on the critical points that counts, the producers will know where to fix.

A comics niche is the golden truth. Don't kill the messenger.

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Here is a link to the clip:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_wit ... vid=700341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay starts talking about Knight Rider at 7 minutes and 4 seconds into the clip.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:45 pm

YOu guys better watch what you say about Jay leno... Remember he is a trained pro wrestler...
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:57 pm

LMAO, not even close, he took a few bumps to learn how to fall properly but that was pretty much it. What you really have to watch out for is the chin as he is however a trained can opener.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm

DevonStyles wrote:YOu guys better watch what you say about Jay leno... Remember he is a trained pro wrestler...
Not only that he was apart of the reason why WCW is now dead and buried in the WWE's backyard.