Episode 1: What you didn't like

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Bishop37
Recruit

Episode 1: What you didn't like

Post by Bishop37 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:38 pm

1. There's not enough real driving and real stunts.

2. The CG on the turbo boost was just plain bad.

3. There's too many characters. All you need is three, Mike, Sarah and Charles (oh and the car, so that's four I suppose).

killem2
Recruit

Re: Episode 1: What you didn't like

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:35 pm

The only thing I did not like is the transforming into a truck. It made me almost want to turn off the channel and stop the dvr recording. It made me think, well what's next, he will make a little side kick cart that looks like a shark so he can turbo boost over it?

I mean the original thought was we don't want to do turbo boost because it would not be realistic, but yet we're going to have a car, form into a truck? I pray that when 2011 comes around, and the new pontiac trans am is released, they dump ford, and write in the trans am, and hopefully GM, doesn't pull this horrid excuse for product placement.

When I saw the truck form, I thought this is about as retarded as when the KI2K, just drove over water with out any real explanation except he had a new chip put in him.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:44 pm

There is no new Trans-Am coming out. Any plans on it happening were scrapped a good while ago thanks in part to rising gas prices. GM is going to mostly be focusing on more fuel efficient vehicles such was the Volt.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Bishop37
Recruit

Post by Bishop37 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:05 pm

My nephew will flip when he sees the car transform.

Now making a toy of that is going to be a challenge.

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:29 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:There is no new Trans-Am coming out. Any plans on it happening were scrapped a good while ago thanks in part to rising gas prices. GM is going to mostly be focusing on more fuel efficient vehicles such was the Volt.
I'm sorry but you are wrong? :?

It is still scheduled to be released in 2011. Just because there is raising gas prices doesn't mean there are not markets for fast cars. The rich don't car about gas prices. Also, 2011, is a bit off from now, and I would not be shocked to see a hybrid-esqe engine. Who knows, but I've not seen a source yet that says it isn't going to be released of delayed.

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:18 pm

The friggin' music. I was hoping they would have fixed the music.

That and the truck... I hate that truck.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm

killem2 wrote:The only thing I did not like is the transforming into a truck. It made me almost want to turn off the channel and stop the dvr recording. It made me think, well what's next, he will make a little side kick cart that looks like a shark so he can turbo boost over it?

I mean the original thought was we don't want to do turbo boost because it would not be realistic, but yet we're going to have a car, form into a truck? I pray that when 2011 comes around, and the new pontiac trans am is released, they dump ford, and write in the trans am, and hopefully GM, doesn't pull this horrid excuse for product placement.

When I saw the truck form, I thought this is about as retarded as when the KI2K, just drove over water with out any real explanation except he had a new chip put in him.

How is a car going to make a difference? Mustang and Trans-Am, the writer would probably still have the Trans-Am transform into a truck.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 pm

My bad, it wasn't that plans were scrapped, it was that there weren't any real plans in the first place and that photo that's out there was a BS rendering.
Pontiac Communications Manager Jim Hopson has confirmed, in a February 13, 2008, telephone interview, that there are no plans for a new Firebird or GTO in the Development Schedule, at least for the next two years.
http://blogs.highperformancepontiac.com ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 pm

the music sux...the morph to truck mode...attack mode... cg turbo boost...yeeeesh! ( KARR, GET EM!)

too many people in the car, the stunts were very contrived ,thrown together in slop mode.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:00 pm

killem2 wrote:It is still scheduled to be released in 2011. Just because there is raising gas prices doesn't mean there are not markets for fast cars. The rich don't car about gas prices. Also, 2011, is a bit off from now, and I would not be shocked to see a hybrid-esqe engine. Who knows, but I've not seen a source yet that says it isn't going to be released of delayed.
The cost of both the Trans Am and Camaro was not practical combined with their aggressive styling. Cars like the Mustang have survived in large part because of their affordability. It wasn't so much the gas prices in 2002, it was the costs of the cars and insurance for the younger crowd that they were always targeted for.

Even the mighty Corvette was once in danger of being discontinued; what was once a car for teenagers and 20-somethings instead became a 50-year-old white man's mid-life crisis car, because they are mostly the only people who can afford them now, which is exactly the way insurance companies want it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:50 pm

GT500KR wrote: How is a car going to make a difference? Mustang and Trans-Am, the writer would probably still have the Trans-Am transform into a truck.
You really believe it was the writers full idea to include this?

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm

If they had made it with a Trans Am, I think the truck would have been less likely simply because T-Tops would have been an option (Did they come with target tops too or no?), which would have eliminated the first sequence of Kitt turning into a truck 'cause they didn't have time to stop'. Atleast, in my mind it would. They'd probably be to wussy to pull a Dukes and jump through the T-Tops anyway...(yes, I realize Dukes jump through the window, but the concept is the same. :P)

I just rewatched a little of the episode and notices the seats say, in big, bright white letters, 'GT 500KR' on them >.< I'm surprised Kitt doesn't have those cheezy windshield stickers declaring FORD! Hell, he's got a logo on every other part of him! -sigh- The logos are the number one thing I can't deal with right now. Overall, I'm not a fan yet. I'll give it a shot, but the next episode doesn't look terribly promising either. Reminds me of White Line Warriors o.O Hopefully they aren't just going to recycle episodes.
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Well all in all I liked the first episode. There were a few parts in there I didn't like. The first being Turbo Boost. Yes I do like the idea of having it, but how it was pulled off looked like they threw it in cause the fans wanted it. I'm hoping it was shown like this cause KI3T didn't have enough room to move. Looked too much like rocket packs from a sci-fi flick.

The transformation was cool, but too early as indicated by another poster. Later in the series as KI3T evolves... Not a big deal then. Yes I do agree that too many characters were introduced. They should have made the premeire a 2hr event as well so we could get to know the whole team. Hopefully the cramming slows a bit so the audience can absorb what is going on. Not have to watch it multiple times just to understand.
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 am

Too much action, not enough drama!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 am

What i hated the most was the Truck morph and the turbo boost sequence. It was made in such a lame way. And also like it was said earlier, no real driving. Every time you see out the front windows its 4-5 digital screens in the way, like the car is always driving.

And the no real drama part is true. Well im gonna keep on following the series and see if it gets better. Can't really be worse can it.

Words_vs_Pain
Volunteer

Post by Words_vs_Pain » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 am

1 - Truck transformation
2 - Too many people... this is not the "one man can make the difference"... this is "your big familly can possible make a diference"
3 - Kitt Voice... no soul
4 - Too many green screen action
5 - HATE the so-confusing interface on the mirror of the car.... put a little LCD on the dash please. I can't even look at the road
6 - Kitt voice on the dash is so ugly...
7 - Do you really need all the people getting naked? -_-

Bear_Spirit
Volunteer

Post by Bear_Spirit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:14 am

Way to many cuts. Didn't like that.

This was one of the things which I liked more about the old Knight Rider.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 am

I have already said that we should give a chance for the show to grow but they do need to get rid of Billy and that Asian chick or....tone down the silly and unfunny jokes between them. Obviously, the show is trying to build a chemistry between the two but these two characters almost made the episode a comedy and a bad one at that.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:59 am

Overall I enjoyed it. I could nitpick on the truck but I think the kids will like that. I didn't like the KR under the car. For the most part I did think the look of it was pretty flashy. I liked the cave and the computer effects.

There were too many characters introduced at a super fast pace. The story was way too rushed. Justin was a bit stiff in the beginning but he seemed more relaxed as it went on. Thus far he doesn't have David's charm which was a big part of the original series.

My main gripe: Um exactly what was the point of the story?

I did like the look and style of it but I think if this show is to catch on it needs better writing and directing. That said could I write a better script? Probably not.

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 am

Overall it was barely average, but I am hoping the writers will try harder in the following episodes.

There was too much unnecessary dialogue (dorky dialogue at that) and way too many unlikable characters (including the hot Asian woman). It was starting to look like Star Trek The Next Generation inside the KITTcave. The KITTcave doesn't entirely work either unless they are always to be in the same local area. I kinda like the transport plane, but I think they should keep a truck too.

My best advice would be to keep what worked from the original series and keep it lean and mean. This new KITT is supposed to be intelligent, but it is no more impressive than the original. Moreover, what good is the car if we still need a whole crew to help it solve problems. A support team to perform a raid or help with investigating is one thing, but we aren't fighting legions of Klingons on this show.

Val Kilmer is a snooze as KITT; my fiance is not a fan of the show and suggested that William Daniels be brought back or at least someone with a better voice.

J.B. as the new Michael Knight can work, but he should be more of a renegade. When the feds started barking at him he replies: "Yes sir...." He shouldn't hesitate to tell then to kiss off as Hasselhoff would've done in the old series. He also shouldn't be too cozy with KITT's technology. The original Michael marvelled at KITT's abilities, but he was always on a learning curve with the technology as KITT was on a learning curve with humanity.

I do like that Grayman and the feds are hiding something from Mike, but that should be the catalyst to his separation from the team. This is where the James Bond/classic Knight Rider aspect could really pay off-he could go back to being a loner dependent upon his team when he needs them, but becoming more and more self sufficient as the series progresses. Maybe having Mike getting back at the feds on legal basis might be nice, but with some good action scenes (Jason Bourne style) for good measure.

I'll watch, but I have to wonder if the magic of the original is all that there really is.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am

the script is bad and poor and it is not a knight rider no humour and no good action scene and the idea of the transformation of a pick up is really badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd and kitt dashbord is horrible

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 pm

the transformaton in pickup is bad and Useless please stop to watch transformers the story are bad not good action scene the turo boost is wicked the 3D are horrible the theme song is horrible not humour no suspense and the episode is badly written one word this episode is bad the pilote are better