Bad Fans!!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KR4Life
Recruit

Bad Fans!!

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:50 am

I say this to the internet nerds and forum stalkers who have done nothing but bash and decry 'Knight Rider' and say "this is what they should have done". Please stop it. Your opinion does not decide whether the show fails or succeeds. 'Knight Rider' will either float or sink on the efforts of the people involved (Gary Scott Thompson, Justin Breuning and the rest of the cast, the writers, the crew) and by how many people tune in. If all you do is watch something and expect 'a craptacular crap-fest' (as some reviews out there have said), that is all you will get in return. Either watch it or don't, but do realize that there are other people that do want to watch and enjoy 'cheesy' TV programs like the new 'Knight Rider'.

I would like to say that this is not meant to attack or abuse any or all fans who do not like the new 'Knight Rider' series. I respect their opinions (though I may not agree with them) and am only asking that my post is not seen as such.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Bad Fans!!

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 am

excuse my language but @&^# all of those bitches.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 am

Bashing Knight Rider 2008: No.
Suggesting what they can do better: Yes.

They got some people from the KR crew here listening to our suggestions.
Just look at that HUD and VOX topics.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 am

BlueChaos wrote:They got some people from the KR crew here listening to our suggestions.
Just look at that HUD and VOX topics.
Cool, I did not know that the 'wouldn't it be cool if...?' comments were given attention by the KR crew. Awesome!

Space
Volunteer

Post by Space » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 am

I just got done watching the show and I have to say, "I did not like what I saw". The girls were hot and the car was nice but that was about it for me. I'm not going to say what I didn't like b/c it will take for ever. lol

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:35 am

That's cool, man! I wasn't 100% behind the show, but with any new series, I give it 3-4 episodes before I decide whether or not to jump ship.

Space
Volunteer

Post by Space » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:40 am

I'm the same way, I just hope it gets better b/c I was a big fan of the other K/R when I was a kid....

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:44 am

I loved the show. The only thing I had a problem with was the turbo boost. Technically it wasn't a turbo boost it was a tragectory launch so there :p
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:27 am

I was looking for some youtube reaction and some guy who looks like a kid ripped the show to shreds but didn't really give any solid reasoning why he didn't like it.

Eh, I think people are entitled to their opinions but let's not go bashing everyone that actually liked the show.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:24 am

Will wrote:I loved the show. The only thing I had a problem with was the turbo boost. Technically it wasn't a turbo boost it was a tragectory launch so there :p
Well, the Original Series had "Trajectory Guide", but it still needed Turbo Boost to launch the car. There have only ever been two functions that actually lifted the car through the air -- "Turbo Boost" and "Rocket Fire".

Where I'm sitting, it was a valid Turbo Boost.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 am

There's really nothing wrong with constructive criticism in my book. For instance, some have pointed out that the green screens could be done better when inside the car, and I agree with that (partly because I've seen similar effects done well in other shows on TV). However, when the reviews are mostly like these: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38468 I just sigh.It's not even nitpicking, these types of reviews just tear into the show for the sake of tearing into it. For example, "Hercules" (whom truthfully, I often agree with, just not this time) says why didn't KITT just drive into a body of water. Um...maybe because his passengers would then drown when he you know, SINKS and he runs out of oxygen to pump into the cabin?!

If you're going to critize a work of fiction, simply throwing around words and phrases like "a staggering bore" and "a lemon" don't mean squat to me if you can't suggest how something could have been done better (or have DONE better yourself).
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:28 am

goldbug wrote:There's really nothing wrong with constructive criticism in my book. For instance, some have pointed out that the green screens could be done better when inside the car, and I agree with that (partly because I've seen similar effects done well in other shows on TV).
The green screen driving effect is typically referred to as "poor man's process" on most other television shows. What disappoints me about this is that this is a show about a car where it's likely that at least 50 percent of each episode will have Mike driving in K.I.T.T. The original series never once used a green screen for the driving sequences and instead actually towed the car during the cruising/chase scenes.

I suspect that the "poor man's process" was used to make it easier to concentrate on the windshield's computer effects.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 am

goldbug wrote:If you're going to critize a work of fiction, simply throwing around words and phrases like "a staggering bore" and "a lemon" don't mean squat to me if you can't suggest how something could have been done better (or have DONE better yourself).
Exactly, but even critics should remember that sometimes you just gotta check your brain at the door. It's called 'suspension of disbelief' and sometimes it can work wonders! :good: :good:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:16 pm

The thing that gets me about most of the reviews is that they're basing this show as if it were portraying itself to be based in reality.
It's not.
It's a fantasy show. It's basically sci-fi.
It's meant in fun and all they're trying to do is take a classic cheesy 80s show, chunk up the effects, and make it a classic chessy 00 show.

Can they just have fun and stop nitpicking all the things that shouldnt be nitpicked?
It a talking car for chris' sakes.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

I agree everyone keep' going back to the old night rider,time' has changed and the fan' should give the new show a change.I for one thought the show was awsome and can't wait until next week. :dash:

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:44 pm

You have a point, we may not have a chance to change things, but i'm betting that the people that do, look to the fans for reactions.

Either way, i'm not a bad fan because I feel the truck form is retarded.

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:53 pm

I agree,it' not what i would of done,but we're going to have to wait and see how it all work' out. :good: :good:

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:59 pm

killem2 wrote:Either way, i'm not a bad fan because I feel the truck form is retarded.
The vehicle morphing was cool, but where did the F250 come from? I heard an F150 mentioned but looking at the truck, it seemed to be a bit bigger than that.

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 pm

KR4Life wrote:
killem2 wrote:Either way, i'm not a bad fan because I feel the truck form is retarded.
The vehicle morphing was cool, but where did the F250 come from? I heard an F150 mentioned but looking at the truck, it seemed to be a bit bigger than that.
Fraid, we'll have to disagree, because I feel that the truck was not needed. I feel that's what always made kitt stand out is that this sports car that normally you don't do what you do with a truck but it COULD!

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:09 pm

killem2 wrote:Fraid, we'll have to disagree, because I feel that the truck was not needed. I feel that's what always made kitt stand out is that this sports car that normally you don't do what you do with a truck but it COULD!
Aaahh, I see what you're saying. Point well made. :good: