Live Discussion Thread - A Knight In Shining Armor

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Live Discussion Thread - A Knight In Shining Armor

Post by neps » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 am

Hey All -

This worked well for the pilot, so lets try it again! Use this topic to discuss the episode tonight. We'll also be in the chat room as well http://knightrideronline.com/chat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Live Discussion Thread - A Knight In Shining Armor

Post by weeezl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

hey, is anyone planning to watch the 2 hr pilot first and then A K I S A?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

That was great to see in HD and on the large TV. Week to week is gonna be fun. :D

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Catch the preview for next weeks episode. KITT joins a race huh? Sounds awfully Knight Rider. lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:38 pm

this is kinda off topic but during one of the later comercial breaks justin is on screen saying:

"wanna learn more about michael knight's mysterious past go to knightindustries.com"

I tried doing this and NO SUCH site exists so far. What's the deal I even put the www. before it and nothing :?: :?: :!:
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:51 pm

yeah, the site isn't online yet - shame, all that wasted traffic and those people wont try again.

i put the teaser for episode 2 up here: http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... of_knight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking good!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:22 pm

some quick silly thoughts:

if the new turbo boost uses flames to boost it - and he was on something flamable, would that object catch fire?

if mike & sarah die from the heat, kitt would survive. why risk transferring the data and risk killing them.

when we see shots through the forward window, how come the HUD isn't visisble? One way HUD mirrored windshield?

just being silly...

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:45 am

My two cents:
1. Hmm maybe. Try using a NOS when your car is parking above an oil slick and see what happens. In KITT's case maybe it will even give him more "boost" (i.e. flown farther away due to the explosion)? :mrgreen:

2. Maybe it's just there to underline Torres' character and attitude towards his subordinates.

3. Think so. Only the people inside the car can see it, others outside can't, which may lead to the "get off the road" gesture situations where FuzzieDice made a topic about a few while ago. To think about it, remember when the guys were surrounding KITT and made some remarks about GPS and the car talking? Didn't think they could see the HUD.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 am

Another question, since I am outside the US and cannot see the show on TV, is there any notable differences between the online sneak peek version and the TV version? I remembered that some of the VFX guys said that they will fix some things for the final TV version, so I'm just curious to what they have changed.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:14 am

BlueChaos wrote:Another question, since I am outside the US and cannot see the show on TV, is there any notable differences between the online sneak peek version and the TV version? I remembered that some of the VFX guys said that they will fix some things for the final TV version, so I'm just curious to what they have changed.
I didn't see any major differences, I was especially looking at turbo boost to see if they would change that, looks like they didn't.

And the analog gauges are STILL there!!! argh!!! But that's another thread... ;)

--Brian

spazzychalk
Stranger

Post by spazzychalk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:08 am

ok before i start, let me say back in march i was one of the biggest supporters of the new series on here arguing and defending. see anything that says chris in this thread

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... oned_f.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe you want to read up on the few posts i have in there.

now......... i feel betrayed. i stood up for you and you did this to me? the cliche killing mike and renaming him mike knight. who cares. really, its the car. theres been a serious plot change since the pilot. maybe the writers for it moved on to something else. it happens all the time when theres downtime on a show. especially if they didnt even know if it would be picked up perm. one of the major stances i took with defending this new series was how great the explinations for all the technical stuff kitt did was. i was all aboard with the color changing nano skin, but when i talked about GM product placement in movies like bad boys 2 and transformers when discussing the choice of a mustang, i didnt mean they should turn kitt into a transformer. thats just stupid. over the top cheesy. and when i said ford product placement went too far did they feel the need to show me they could have done worse? yeah we can give you all thats focus minisode infomercials and trivia contests AND stick a stupid F150 in there? do they need to advertise the f150 even more? its the highest unit selling auto in the world. i like the addition of the HUD, thats a technology i can buy into as a viewer. even the touchscreen windshield was cool. but then there was all the crap they stuck onto the newest transformer. the giant throttle sticking out of the hood - it didnt look right on 2nd gen 70s mustangs, it doesnt look right on the 5th gen fake 70s mustang, the fast & furious neon lights, those stupid little wings over the headlights. and what the hell was that ball thing in the dash. theyve also managed to slowly start bringing back kitts bitchiness that i bragged they had gotten rid of. its not so blatently obvious without the femine voice but its there. now add the new cast of stereotypes.

if you havent figured it out yet, this series is going to survive solely on people tuning in to see the cool bad guy cars. this week it was a spyker c8. next week... well i came out of the bathroom thinnking the show was over only to see a split second glimpse of something red and exotic. when it comes on and i can actually see it ill tell you what it is. sorry to disappoint, i just didnt see enough of it. anyways, remember fastlane on fox? they tried the same formula. bad writing, bad everything, just really cool cars. it lasted a little while until people couldnt take anymore and it just wasnt worth sitting through it to see the cool cars and got canceled. its happening already. 3rd episode and theyre already having to sell it by drag racing a

well im sure ill start hearing everyones crap about this, but before you write you should read. go back into that march thread and see if im such a bad guy

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 am

neps wrote:yeah, the site isn't online yet - shame, all that wasted traffic and those people wont try again.

i put the teaser for episode 2 up here: http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... of_knight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking good!
Is someone behind Knght Rider maybe a fan of the British sitcom"one foot in the Grave"

Check this picture out of Victor Meldrew very simlar to Micheal in that clip :lol:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... n%26sa%3DG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 pm

http://msnmih.com/img/av3xl0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

Alex.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Am I the only one that thinks KITT's voice is mixed too low? There were several occasions where I had to struggle to hear him. His voice gets buried underneath the techno drumbeats
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 am

During the hiatis, I've decided to rewatch my taped episodes. This week I start at the beginning.

After re-watching this episode, I really like it. We had Turbo Boost, car chase scenes (the girl from Mike's past), beautiful VFX (loved the KITT fireball), and suspense (did Carrie kill Mike AND what does Graiman,Torres, and KITT know about Mike's past).

Now that I have seen all the transformations as of late, I didn't even mind the F-150 truck. I do like the improvements they made to the truck in later episodes.

And in the end we had the feel good moment...
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 am

cloudkitt wrote:Am I the only one that thinks KITT's voice is mixed too low? There were several occasions where I had to struggle to hear him. His voice gets buried underneath the techno drumbeats

Eight episodes into the show, we hear KITT's voice go from perfectly natural with no synth effects added to it, to progressive with just a bare reveberence, to an almost digital echo effect, then back to natural sounding. Why didn't they stay with the special voice effects on KITT? And why do we have to hear the music going on so loud when he talks? The car is still monotone, it should be a rule for the producers to follow that music playing while KITT speaks is forbidden!

Speaking on the voice of KITT, how about syncing up the damn voice to the voice sphere already! Geez man, didn't we all watch the special effects team explain how they actually use Kilmer's voice as the actual spectrum for the voice sphere?? Is this the cheapest we are ever going to see Knight Rider look like? The editing is garbage.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:05 am

No, no, I'm fairly sure it will get cheaper.