my thoughts of knightrider 08

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ianruk
Rookie

my thoughts of knightrider 08

Post by ianruk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 pm

ok first off i want to start off by saying this...

is this new series as good as the 80's show--NO
is the new kitt as good as the old kitt-NO
is the guy who plays mike tracer any good--YES

ok after watching the 2 hour movie i was deeply disapointed but i decided to give episode 1 a chance and i must admit i really liked it. i am from london england so i had to download the epsides on the net

there were a few things that kinda didnt seem right,like when mike tracer became michael knight,1 thing that didnt seem right was the fact in the orignal knight rider michael long got a new face and new name and everything,where as mike tracer became michael knight after they shot him and made it look like he was dead,,u may ask whats wrong with that???

well even though he was pronounced dead if someone traced his finger prints or something like what happend plenty of times in the old knight rider they will find out who he is and mike tracer would be found out, unlike the old knight rider his prints were new and couldnt be traced to who he was. so thats kinda something they didnt think of in this 1

i dont understand knight rider was always about 1 man and his car '1 man can make a difference' now there is a whole team of people which kinda destroys the knight rider myth

also there are talks of the hoff returning with the orginal kitt in a 2 part episode my worrys with that is that they will make the old kitt seem outdated and useless and try to make the new kitt look 10000 times better which is not the case, the old kitt could do a lot of things the new kitt couldnt do, so my worrys here are that they going to bury the old kitt so much in this

i am not bashing the new knight rider in any way cause the first episode was really good,its just they seem to have forgotten some key stuff that old knight rider fans will relise.
i like the way how lil bits of mikes past were pieced together and will be done in future episdes and the fact that 1 of the guys in the knight rider team seems to have done something bad to mike tracer in the past which adds another part to the story.

if your a fan of the old knight rider and didnt like the 2 hour movie please please watch the first episode and give it a chance remember it isnt a remake it is a continuation (cant believe i said give it ago after i was disapointed by the movie) but the epside makes up for it

lets just hope hoff does sign up and william daniels does too and lets hope they dont make the old kitt look useless and lets also hope nbc doesnt decide to cancel the show

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Re: my thoughts of knightrider 08

Post by knightriderfan80 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

I have to agree with you on a few things...

I agree, the whole herd of people that make up the organization really do kinda ruin the "one man can make a difference" saying. Having Sarah as the lover sidekick, and all those people in the KR cave I just don't like it very much. If they could tone it down to just a few, I like that idea. I don't think that having KITT's programmer out busting criminals is a good idea in a sense that can make KITT more vulnerable.

The other thing is yes I do understand where your coming from making OLD KITT look inferior to the NEW KITT. I don't really think people will look at OLD KITT that way, but I really do hope they don't push him to the backburner so to speak and try to close his chapter completely. That would ultimately piss me off and would be a slap in the face to all the original series fans. This will definately be a real test to how they treat KI2T and the HOFF.

Overall, I am going to support this show as a fan and hope that GST and NBC really come alive with this series and take the advice and constructive criticism from this forum to make the necessary changes to better the show as a whole.

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 pm

I think when the OLD KITT comes into the series for the episode I the Trans Am Kitt will probally try and pass all of the data that he over to the new KITT. That is my guess

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:07 pm

bige12 wrote:I think when the OLD KITT comes into the series for the episode I the Trans Am Kitt will probally try and pass all of the data that he over to the new KITT. That is my guess
KI3T already has KITT's knowledge.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 am

or maybe not since GST said that the new KITT will be learning since the new KITt has different AI then the old kitt

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Really, the new KITT should be technologically superior to the original in almost every way. The only real issue would be that the original KITT is a lot more mature and experienced. Maybe give the edge to the original KITT too for durability though we haven't fully seen what the new KITT with the nanotech can do.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:56 pm

on the orginial series to me seemed like kitt did not get a new feature every episode, on the new series kitt gets new features every episode.

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:08 pm

you know something else i relised bout the new and old kitt

in the first episode when the new kitt said about he cant get into to some files because they were protected or something like that,,, didnt the old kitt in the old series could hack into files and stuff but it took a little while to do in some episodes,so really if the new kitt is sopposed to be better should it be easy to hack into personal files??

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Not really, the security today compared to 20+ years ago is light years ahead of what it was back then. It would certainly be a lot easier for KITT in the 80s to break into classified files, or talk to computers than the new KITT. On the other hand, there might be a prime directive that's currently preventing KITT from accessing without permission. Either that or KITT thinks it's wrong so doesn't try and Mike didn't demand he try either.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ceric20
Stranger

Post by ceric20 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 am

Loved the original Knight Rider growing up. Was totally excited for the new one. have to say 1 thing it sucks! way to far fetched! Knight rider back in the day was based on law and Justice. This just makes no sense. and the hole car into a truck thing totally ended it for me.

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 am

yea knight rider back in the day was sooo much better but then again this new 1 as i said i hated the 2 hour movie but the episode was better, remember they cant do the same stuff over and over and copy the 80's otherwise it wont be new and fresh, however i say that i just looked at the episode guide thing and some of the episodes coming up look like they were copied from the 80's show.

im not a big fan of this plane thing where they drive out of a moving plane haha thats just soo dumb seriously bring back the truck thing lol

if there any new knight rider fans who have not seen the old knight rider before,please please please go get the old series 1-4 on dvd

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:26 pm

ianruk wrote:you know something else i relised bout the new and old kitt

in the first episode when the new kitt said about he cant get into to some files because they were protected or something like that,,, didnt the old kitt in the old series could hack into files and stuff but it took a little while to do in some episodes,so really if the new kitt is sopposed to be better should it be easy to hack into personal files??
Security years ago was different compared to now with firewalls and such. Other than that, remember KITT is learning in the this series which is a BIG MYSTERY and we will see why eventually. Other than that he might have not been able to because the Carrie Rivai and Alex Torres have them confidential.

Joe

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:47 am

Well I have watched the first episode now, it was a nice and fluffy episode. KITT was cool and liked the begining part of the learning cycle.

I do feel there are too many people involved in the KITT cave. Army of staff, what is that all about?

Don't particular like the FBI involvement nor do I like the one who can speak multiple languages.

Billy is funny and I like his character.

I like it, its a modern day vein of the old series. Thats all. Its not here to re-write the old series.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I didn't posted for a longer time, because I was checking the trailers (living in UK, not seen the episodes)
and reading the comments almost every knight rider site.

I did this, because phoenixzero was treating me wery badly, when I introduced at a nother topic and told my opinion about the new show.

Well, I have to say after all this time:
I'm sorry, but I think is the new show is already dead and we just smell the stink of it!
It not means that it not contains some cool or good things, but altogether its not on the quality level what the fans need!

I'm really waiting what will happen!
Survive or not?
That is the Question!
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:02 pm

ThomasKnight wrote: Well, I have to say after all this time:
I'm sorry, but I think is the new show is already dead and we just smell the stink of it!
:shock: wow dude!

We've only seen 1 episode, who knows what GST and the gang have got up their collective sleeves!

I usually make my mind up about a show after 3 or 4 episodes.

Bionic Woman had a really strong 1st episode and look what happened to that, It failed miserably.

Knight Rider may well be the complete opposite.

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:52 pm

I have to agree with alot of sentiments shared here on the new KR 08.

The car has to be good but not stupid. The current kit looks great but do we really need a transformation into truck and all other non-sense?

This is not a kids cartoon show.

The original KITT was futuristic but still believable atleast that was the way it was project throughout the Series.
Until Superpursuit Mode came and the demise of the series.

My fear is whilst I too have gotten to like the Stang as KITT and the Kilmer voice as KITT...they do not need to go overboard with capabilities of KITT.
Lets get to the good ol days of car chases, the fumes, the loud V8s exhausts etc...

The cast is fine, but abit too youthful therefore it is hard to take them serious enough... as pointed throughout too many faces and pointless characters.

Knight Rider was classic show of the 80s, remakes are always hard, however, please do not divulge from the core foundation of Knight Rider "one man can make a difference".

At present the current two part movie and episode are pretty pathetic, if it carries one, the Series will be short lived.

Just my 2cs.

thanks

kitsryder
Stranger

Post by kitsryder » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 pm

I have to agree with this I've just seen the episode on Wednesday night but is not as good as the original but there also did not make sense to me at all if any one in the forum is the conclusion is that Traceur was told that he is dead and was given the identity Michael Knight but I wonder about that how this came across to me. :kitt2:
Mary Robinson

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:01 pm

just adding another thought

given this is a Knight Forum..

The character Traceur does not seem to have the passion that Michael Knight built and had about helping people.

When Hoff played Knight there was an unbelievable sincerity that came across, he gave up a life to make a difference to fit against criminals etc.

This clown really is some form young punk more interested in Sara --blah blah boring...

Really sucks! I knew this would happen on a remake of an awesome 80s show!

Hoff do something, William Daniels we need you ! :dash: :kitt:

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:20 pm

I actually was kinda looking forward to seeing with what they were going to do in this first episode. But, within the first 20 minutes of it, it kinda turned into disappointment. It was downright pathetic! Too many characters and too many storylines floating around. I didn't get where Mike Traceur thought he needed to be Michael Knight. I know he was shot to protect his identity, but, maybe it's me, it just didn't fit right for his name to be Michael Knight. Kitt needed to be realisitic not over the top. I'm still not crazy about Val voice as KITT. But, I will give Val credit for trying, because, he sounded better in this episode than he did in the pilot. And, finally, the theme!! Why can't they use the original theme for this show, or something more similar to it? Just my thoughts on KR08. :kitt2:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:23 pm

ThomasKnight wrote: I did this, because phoenixzero was treating me wery badly, when I introduced at a nother topic and told my opinion about the new show.
Well, since you've mentioned me I guess I might as well respond. If I hurt your feelings, made you cry, cut yourself while listening to emo music, forced you to take a "vacation" in a psyche ward for several weeks to get your emotions in check and your head straight, question your sexual preferences and not just when it comes to humans, then I apologize. :karr:

But you seem to have very thin skin, thinner than paper if you think you were treated very badly by me then you must be divorced from reality because the real world (IE not the "world" inside your computer) is a lot more harsh than I could ever be. Well, unless technology is introduced that lets me stick my hands through my monitor and strangle and smack around someone on the other end. :twisted: :lol: That wasn't me "treating" you to anything more than how I would respond to any poster who posted what you did, don't worry, you're not special and you weren't singled out. That was me responding to a very frustrating to read post that seemed to have more emoticons than what I use here, other sites or with messaging programs in a week and I'm an emoticon whore. Not to mention bringing up the much of the same old things that other one posts wonders who only join to whine here have a hundred times before. :twisted: Oh and the one thing I wholly agree with you on is the dash because I hate how they did next to nothing to the cars interior.

If you post something like this then you ought be prepared for the response.

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=11844&st=0&sk=t& ... 25#p140271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might have been a little too generous in my rating of the first episode because I want it to succeed because it's the LAST chance for Knight Rider on television as we knew it, it's the last chance for Michael and KITT to get a proper send off, I'm not going to write it off after just seeing 40 minutes as there can be significant improvement from the first episode to the next and those there after. Judging an entire show from its premiere episode is very unfair. I find the new show Fringe boring and uninteresting as hell, but it's only three episodes in and I'm still giving it a chance and haven't wrote it off yet, I'm watching episode three as I type this. I did the same thing for Chuck (many other shows as well) and it improved tremendously once things got rolling several episodes in. The point is that, judging everything a series has to offer from one episode, let alone the first one, is very short sighted and foolish, even if it's a train wreck.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 pm

:kittx: Here's a wild idea: Quit hatin' on the new KR and give it a freakin' chance.
No, it's not KI2T, but it is pretty cool and should get half a chance before sendin' it
to the tv scrapyard. I saw the pilot and series premier, and yeah, I think some things
need some work. But y'all gotta see it's just gettin off the ground. Here's some cool things, though:
1. The Shelby Mustang is one righteous car. Besides, there's no Trans Am, & GM put
the kibosh on lettin' 'em use the new Camaro.
2. They are using references to KI2T, (i.e. Michael Long, killing off Mike Tracer, etc.)
3. There is a certain practicality to the F-150: Goin' off road, quick, no time to stop
pick-ups, a few other things.
4. The Billy-Zoe banter is really fun, w/ the way she messes w/ him.
5. The Attack Mode is cool, kind of hot rod meets Mad Max. Ditch the tall spoiler,
though.
6. The whole Mike's past dynamic, especially when ya throw Alex into the mix.
That's gonna really set off some fireworks.
7. Michael Knight, Sr. And let's not forget KARR. They are expected. I'd really like to see that action.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 am

Let's face it, this new version was a disaster, the mustang did not fit at all, the acting is terrible (especially bruce davison who's completely wasted in this one), the writing is atrocious, the CGI Effects are not that good and everything else is pointless

26 years ago, one man really did make a difference, now 26 years later, one man can't make a difference.

Prasannasilva
Stranger

Post by Prasannasilva » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 am

Honestly i was hugely impressed by the 1st episode, after the benchmark they managed to set by the pilot. The car was good and the driver was very good. however there are some areas in my opinion that can be improved.

Cons

the knight industries team is way too big for the story to handle, as many of the members have stated above.

The previous car had no brand name or identity. It was only known as KITT and had the "knight" logo as it was supposed to have. on the new car, the shelby logo "snake" is the prominent one. In my opinion, at the cave, they should have some monitors applied with the rotating knight logo.

The character of the girl who speaks multiple languages should cool down a bit. That kind of attitude made the "viper" series head in to a disaster. I really don't think mentioning the word "porn" is suitable in such a series. having a tech guy with a lot of slips is okay (i.e. Marshall in Alias). "Billy" is an essential character who should develop tech for KITT rather than Sarah who joins Mike on the field.

The car having a heads up display is clever. rather than having displays on the dash, where the driver would have to turn his head, he can drive the car while watching the video. But the videos seemed a bit too opaque and obstruct the view of the road.

Pros

The car is the ideal one. It's an iconic American muscle car which is more suitable for the current generation.
But the attack mode should have some weaponry.

The driver is ideal. He can most importantly act well. he inherits some characteristics from his father i.e. height, fighting skills, stubbornness, and hitting on girls...

The voice of Val Kilmer is okay in the sense,that the AI of KITT has improved and can imitate human voice patterns, and convey emotions to a certain extent.

The soundtrack is appropriate for the car. although many of us have hugely bonded to the old one, having a rock mix along with the original theme makes the soundtrack better suited for the new series.

Suggestions

the car should have some weaponry. the old KITT was too innocent to have guns and rockets. but the villeins today have more than pistols and revolvers.

The old KITT coming back in the series would be awesome. Hope they would treat it like a veteran, rather than a piece of old crap comparing to the new one.

I really hope they would reduce the number of employees at the cave. If this is a top secret project, wouldn't it be better if the number of people involved is less?

I think it'd be better to adopt the knight logo at the cave and in the car.

please take the episodes a bit seriously. too much of kinky jokes would ruin the attachment of the viewer to the plot. And the emotional sound track at the end of the episodes works for me just fine.

Hope the new KR would survive in the years to come as the old version did...

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:27 am

Thanks Phoenixzero, but no hurt feelings, no paper, no sugar and I'm from steel if you ask me! :D 8) :kitt:

As you read the post here after mine, you can see similar opinions to my previous one (thank you for the link witch to it!) :roll:
Well, I dont treat my self as a special one, but sometimes you are writing strong words for me or my post like stupidity...
Lte's face it: Not my post or opinion is important here, but the share of thoughts about one theme! :good:
So I'm waiting post about the show and not for my post or myself :!:

"treaten badly" just a fraze. I'm using frazes and saying as almost everyone here, so I' dont want to explain after all my words, because everybody knows what they mean and about. :wink:

Back to the show:

Last chance for knight rider? :shock:

8) Well I think it looks like, but don't think so, because there is always a chance and never to late! :kitt:

I'm waiting for the result and hope that it stands up from the ground.
The Hoff is needed with KI2T into the show and after that, we'll see...
:kitt2:
Knight Rider forever

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:52 pm

I think everybody remember the classic RUN DMC feat AEROSMITH - walk this way song. :D
As I read through the comments about the new show, I was remember the opening scene of the videoclip, when the two bands are separeted from echother, everybody was playing their own song loud then after the arguement comes the awesome union! And they rock! 8)
I really started to feel myself in a familiar videoklip: where are Two rooms, two different knight rider shows, different opinions...

are we "Walk this way???"
:lol:
Knight Rider forever