A possible KR2008 answer to Garthe

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Niggle Snoosh
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A possible KR2008 answer to Garthe

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

A thought occured to me when watching the first episode of the new series about Mike's mysterious past. We don't know what he did but we were given the distinct impression that his actions were pretty bad. Mike seems to be regretful of who he was back then and worried about what he doesn't remember. Torres, Graiman and to some extent Ruvai seem to understand all too well what it is we have yet to find out about Mike.

One possible idea is that like KI3T suggested Mike may suffered from a multiple personality disorder caused by taumatic events. He could then have an evil persona, a sort of anti-Mike that could show his face once or twice sort of like Angelus was to Angel.

Another possibilty could be that he would be the product of some top secret military conditioning. Wherein he was programmed to do the military's bidding for black ops with no full recollection of what he did. Somewhere along the lines he could be triggered with a code word or something to unleash his darker self.
This persona could even be intentionally triggered to coincide with a subsystem of KI3T's AI that when activated gives a him an dark persona too.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

321C-Button
Stranger

Re: A possible KR2008 answer to Garthe

Post by 321C-Button » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Funny I also was thinking of a possible tie-in for Garth and more importantly a way to get the HOFF on the show as a guest appearance. My scenario goes like this: Garth returns from his years locked away from the last time we saw him 25 plus years ago and of course he is looking for revenge on Michael Knight Sr. except when searching for him he actually comes across Michael Knight Jr. Of course this will give the HOFF a pretty cool story line because he can appear as both characters! I think it would make for a very intense showdown.

ssilipino
Volunteer

Post by ssilipino » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I to had come up with an idea like this, how ever it is very far out there and actually includes Team Knight Rider in it. Mobius, from TKR, is actually Garth, obviously disabled after falling off a cliff into the sea in Goliath. He has collected the remain of KARR from the ravine where KI2T and KARR had their last battle and used KI2T's CPU, which he stole for Sky One (TKR Legion of Doom) to rebuild KARR. Then the rest is pretty much the same, Garth trying to get revenge on Michael, and will wind up trying to take revenge on Michael Jr. as well. KARR and KI3T can have a matchup, they get KI2T's CPU back and use him to help defeat KARR.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am

I had a thought in the pilot that the "client" that wanted control of Promethius was actually Garth Knight...Didn't know if they would go back to that or not...

Just my .02 worth...

-Matt

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 am

Maybe the "Mike" in the Beirut footage was an evil twin! :twisted:
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:38 pm

321C-Button wrote:Funny I also was thinking of a possible tie-in for Garth and more importantly a way to get the HOFF on the show as a guest appearance. My scenario goes like this: Garth returns from his years locked away from the last time we saw him 25 plus years ago and of course he is looking for revenge on Michael Knight Sr. except when searching for him he actually comes across Michael Knight Jr. Of course this will give the HOFF a pretty cool story line because he can appear as both characters! I think it would make for a very intense showdown.
I was going to say, who says they can't have Garthe return, full-stop? No one fully knew what happened to him after Goliath went over the cliff in Season 2's Goliath Returns.

What if it's him that has KI3T stolen and has KARR placed in him?
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight