Good Day At White Rock question

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Good Day At White Rock question

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Ok I was watching "Good Day At White Rock" today and there was a part when after Michael saves Davey from the bikers Davey gets in KITT, looks at the dash and say something like "Wow this sure does look different." I don't get what was he talking about.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Good Day At White Rock question

Post by kitt1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 pm

My guess would be different from your average car. You wouldn't happen to be Eddie Knox the big MUNSTERS fan? Just curious.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Ok I was watching "Good Day At White Rock" today and there was a part when after Michael saves Davey from the bikers Davey gets in KITT, looks at the dash and say something like "Wow this sure does look different." I don't get what was he talking about.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:19 pm

But, here's the thing Davey had already been KITT before which is why I was wondering why he said that.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 am

The original plan was that K.I.T.T.'s dash would transform from "normal" to "super" at the flick of a switch -- "normal" being a standard Trans Am dash, and "super" being the 2-TV dash. The script for "White Rock" states that when Michael takes Davey for a ride early on, the dash is in normal. When Davey says "This is some kinda car, it didn't look like this before," K.I.T.T. was in action ("Playing for keeps now, Davey") so the dash was in "super" mode.

Of course, the idea was ditched (rightfully so) and the dash was always super!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 am

:wink:
Alex.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 am

Kinda reminds me of something that happened on Killer KITT in the fourth season. For a while I had no idea why after being shot at by two of the bad guys, while KITT was still going through the 'transformation' that would make him 'bad', Michael said "How did you know those two were coming, anyway?", althought KITT never warned him. Only years later I read somewhere, probably here, that he was supposed to say "How did those two knew we were coming, anyway?". No one noticed the mistake, and that's the way it aired everywhere.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:The original plan was that K.I.T.T.'s dash would transform from "normal" to "super" at the flick of a switch -- "normal" being a standard Trans Am dash, and "super" being the 2-TV dash. The script for "White Rock" states that when Michael takes Davey for a ride early on, the dash is in normal. When Davey says "This is some kinda car, it didn't look like this before," K.I.T.T. was in action ("Playing for keeps now, Davey") so the dash was in "super" mode.

I remember reading that before somewhere about the same episode, maybe it was another post by you.:P Heh, they could use this in the new show if the voice command or HUD goes offline. <_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 am

Speaking of sayings like that, in Knightmares when KITT & Michael is being pursued by the police and Michael wishes the "black and white would disappear", KITT says: "Keep your eye on the white handkerchief." when entering to the FLAG semi.
I have a faint memory this was explained many, many years ago here or in some other KR website but I have forgotten it, could someone explain this again as I don't understand what this saying means?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am

It's a misdirection trick used by magicians. So just a saying for the "trick" of making KITT disappear instead of the cop car. Also, IIRC it came about when Michael wished the car would disappear but KITT suggested they disappear instead and he asked "how?" Or something like that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:05 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's a misdirection trick used by magicians. So just a saying for the "trick" of making KITT disappear instead of the cop car. Also, IIRC it came about when Michael wished the car would disappear but KITT suggested they disappear instead and he asked "how?" Or something like that.
Thanks for the explanation, now it makes perfect sense :)
K.I.T.T.
Would you settle for us disappearing?

MICHAEL
What've you got in mind? Magic?

K.I.T.T.
Keep your eye on the white handker-
chief.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:The original plan was that K.I.T.T.'s dash would transform from "normal" to "super" at the flick of a switch -- "normal" being a standard Trans Am dash, and "super" being the 2-TV dash. The script for "White Rock" states that when Michael takes Davey for a ride early on, the dash is in normal. When Davey says "This is some kinda car, it didn't look like this before," K.I.T.T. was in action ("Playing for keeps now, Davey") so the dash was in "super" mode.

Ok, thanks. I do kinda remember the plan for that but, I wasn't sure. And yeah I'm glad they didn't do that idea. I think it worked better that KITT was somewhat plain on the outside but, super on the inside. In fact KIFT was pretty much the reverse of that.