Regarding Victor Kros

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Regarding Victor Kros

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:54 am

Victor Kros is an inactive member of Knight Rider Online until further notice.

This is a collective decision on the part of the moderation team and was not made lightly. We do not ban people for isolated incidents or momentary lapses of judgement. We all make mistakes. But when a member of KRO disrespects other members, the moderators and the board itself over a matter of weeks, months, even a year then we need to step in. Many of you have complained to us about Victor’s behavior for quite some time now and we can no longer ignore it.

Our primary job is to make sure that Knight Rider Online is a safe, fun place where people can freely express their opinions about a show we all love so dearly.

This decision in no way dismisses the many positive contributions Victor has made in the past and we hope that he will be able to participate on KRO again in the future.

If you have any concerns please feel free to contact any of the moderators.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Re: Regarding Victor Kros

Post by chrisjones » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 am

Oh dear - Its sad to see things come to this.

Lets hope its a lesson learnt.

I dare say that in person he is a much more 'pleasant' chap. Its VERY easy to big-up our persona's on the internet in written form.

I hope Mr Larson is taking note of whats going on - If he's serious about having staff on board his production that have a 'do' with their No.1 consumer base... its not good. :|

Ive tried several times to meet in the middle with him and resolve any differences, every-time it came down to his inability to climb down from his 'soapbox', it always had to be under his terms. He struck me as quite an intelligent yet controlling person by nature - people like are bound to rub people up the wrong way, as can be seen in the countless confrontations on this (and other) boards.

Lets see what happens next. :?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Very good guys! I personally don't care for any of his contributions, this community was far better off before his ego reared its ugly head. His presence has been nothing but detrimental to this forum and others alike. I've removed my avatar that was in support of Glen Larson as I feel he should be ashamed for associating himself with such a character that is so unbecoming to this community. On that note, we have a new Knight Rider so let the good times roll! :good:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm

is the the second time he was banned?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 pm

I know we will have people who support this decision as well as have people who disagree with it. In either case, this should not be thought of as an opportunity to have a free-for-all with comments. Thank you in advance.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:43 pm

As someone who has had his battles with Victor in the past, I sincerely hope he takes away something from all this. In a personal or business relationship, getting what you want is not always about being "right". Being able to compromise and see the other person's point of view is often much more important, particularly when your dealing in matters that are really subjective, like the merits of a TV show.

In the end, being "right" just doesn't matter that much.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm

I do feel compelled to add that I find the timing of this very peculiar, being at virtually the same time as the Internet premiere of the new show and with the knowledge that many NBC/series members read this board.

He also seemed to have "changed his tune" in recent months for the better, so I can't say I really get it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:02 pm

At the time of my first post, I had not read the thread(s) in question. It has been brought to my attention what happened. I just have had very little free time lately to catch up on the explosion of new threads since the premiere.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Well as Dirty Harry would say :Mans got to know his limitations! :good:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:11 pm

I don't recall if I ever had a fight with Victor Kros; nevertheless, it has been made evident that whenever someone starts a tug of war one has to face the consequences! This is a community for everyone to express their thoughts and feelings were no one should face any hard times from the members, sadly; however, this is the case in certain topics. As I've said ever since I joined KRO: If the discussion antagonizes you or condones you to apply certain measures you should keep yourself from doing so and go on to the next topic. There is no need to start a fight over something that the moderator can fix on their own hand and that's what everyone should keep in the back of their head everytime they get frustruated because let's face it, you can't change another persons opinion, the only thing you can change is what that other person thinks of you.

Victor Kros's behaviour has been known to me way back and it's good to know that he's off the board now for a while. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes and rejoin this board to continue our endless discussions. I'd like to thank the moderators for keeping this board clear from people that ruin discussions that we have and hopefully this will be a lesson for not only Victor himself but to all of the members at KRO.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Well done, totally agree with this. He completely crossed the line and his behavior took away from the fun of discussing the series premiere.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:58 pm

I doubt he will learn from this eperience - He will no doubt be VERY quick to point out how we are all in the wrong, and how he is very much right.

Its a shame he cannot see past his own ego to realise he is acting in a manor that the majority do not feel is appropriate to a public message board, not to mention someone who is apparently connected to a Knight Rider 'movie' ................. not that I ever think it will happen, but thats a different story altogether. 8)

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:06 pm

We must respect all Knight Rider fans here in the Forum.

Alex.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Alex wrote:We must respect all Knight Rider fans here in the Forum.

Alex.
I'm afraid I disagree with that statement quite strongly. Would you respect a child molester if he/she were a Knight Rider fan?

Ok - So thats a 'strong' example, but I feel it serves my point. People should be respected for who they are, how they act and what they give back to those around them, not simply because they are a Knight Rider fan on a Knight Rider Forum.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to put across.

Respect should be earnt, not given away because of fan support.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Again, I don't want this to turn into some sort of gloating thread. The situation has been dealt with and we don't need to drag it out. To prevent that from happening further, this thread will be locked at some point in the near future.

Of course, we are still open to hear constructive criticisms of this decision or if anyone has further issues they can always contact a moderator directly.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Come on guys,

We're not in the habit of kicking people whilst they're down. We have to remember that we are each as falible as one another, and as such, mistakes can always be made.

Please keep that in mind if you feel the need to comment on this.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Alex wrote:We must respect all Knight Rider fans here in the Forum.
I think what Alex is saying is that it goes both ways. From both sides. And I'm sure if the moderators think a member isn't respecting other members, that is why they take the action that they do. I respect any action they take because I have seen in the 4 years I've been here that they always manage to keep this a great forum for everyone to participate in, from all over the world. That's the great thing about this forum is the diversity of the people who post here. And the fact we can respect each other's cultures, ideas, etc. And when things get out of hand things are handled well by the moderation team. I may not have always agreed with their decisions but when I didn't, I would ask them in PM to clarify a bit more so I could at least understand their viewpoint and thus not create more problems for them on the forum. And even in those times I still respected their decisions.

With that, I'm sorry to see when a member can't participate due to moderation but I too think things will work out for the best.

Meanwhile, we can still go on and enjoy our discussions in the forum, as always. :)

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:02 am

it takes more than one person to make an argument, i guess everybody who made rude comments on the calling all haters thread should also be banned. of course victor is going to take offense when people are insulting glen larsons intelligence by saying the original knight rider was inferior in writing and other stuff. also what happens when the feature film goes into production, he is knight rider onlines only link to whats going on with the feature film, and kro wont have any exclusive info on anything thats going on. if the new series fails in the ratings than than all we have is the feature film to look foward to. not a very good idea to ban victor.
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:08 am

I agree with knightprobe89.Everything that needs to be said has already been said by him.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 am

Whilst your point of view is appreciated KnightProbe, I believe it would be helpful if you looked beneath the surface of what has happened here, as it's more than just one thread that has led us to where we ultimately find ourselves at the moment.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:10 am

knightprobe89 wrote:also what happens when the feature film goes into production, he is knight rider onlines only link to whats going on with the feature film, and kro wont have any exclusive info on anything thats going on.
That is a very fair and legitimate question. My response would be that Knight Rider Online's access to exclusive information is less important than having an open, fun environment where people can freely discuss the franchise.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 am

well, to keep it in perspective to date VK offered nearly nothing regarding the feature film project...
i might be wrong, as i don't know what's going on behind the curtain, but to the average board reader (like me) there were two notable things he did:

1) the glen larson video from knight con, which showed larson holding some script. this one was seen by everyone on the con before and was not a KRO exclusive. and VK used it to 'prove' he was in league with larson, so it was foremost in his own interest to post it.

2) the summer of secrets, which had nothing to do with the feature film at all... it was merely promotion for his own book.

apart from that he brought nothing to this community but fight and his holier-than-thou attitude. there were not much news about the motion picture, actually i'm not fully sold on VK knowing and working with larson at all, but that's for another thread. and while i definately live by the rules of live-and-let-live i sure won't miss VK!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:45 am

it takes more than one person to make an argument, i guess everybody who made rude comments on the calling all haters thread should also be banned. of course victor is going to take offense when people are insulting glen larsons intelligence by saying the original knight rider was inferior in writing and other stuff. also what happens when the feature film goes into production, he is knight rider onlines only link to whats going on with the feature film, and kro wont have any exclusive info on anything thats going on. if the new series fails in the ratings than than all we have is the feature film to look foward to. not a very good idea to ban victor.
There's one thing I don't understand, how is Victor Kros related to Glen A. Larson? The way you guys put it one would imagine that Glen is Kros's father or something. We are all entitled to express our feelings freely in this community and if a member wants to put across a certain statement that doesn't agree with another persons philosophy it doesn't give him the right to call him names or getting angry.
Now if Victor has exclusive information about the future film it doesn't make him superior from all other members. As Michael Pajaro stated, it's more important to have a totally free and exciting forum than having one guy with bad attitude as well as exclusive info about the future film.
I'm sure that KRO has their own source of updates and so far they've done a terrific job in informing us about what's going on.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 am

Please everyone enlighten me as to what Victor AKA Nick, did do to this community?
Im not trying to play devils advocate however,Im asking specifically what did the man do?
I mean there is the fact that he is partial to the movie that is now only in script form over the current series but other than that whats the deal?
I know KRO is courting the NBC Knight Rider people & after seeing the advance 1st episode Ive got to say
they are going the right direction but that shouldnt exclude what Im convinced will be a great motion picture
(Knight Rider). these two things shouldnt exclude each other.
Glen Larson himself said at Saugus that he wished the series well because it wouldnt gain him anything to want to torpedo what looks like a promising series.
Ive seen people be far more abrasive than Nick ever thought of being get a pass.
The Glen Larson /Knight Rider UK video speaks for itself, Nick helped make that happen for a good cause for that fine group in England.

As to The Summer of Secrets, well we are all entitled to an ego stroke & as to the book lets give him his due if you saw the proof as I certainly did you would see a book that will be well worth your time & money.

This whole thing is puzzling to me because I didnt see a verbal or physical fight between Mike & Nick or anyone else
at the show a few weekends ago and now this happens.

D. Doggett.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:24 am

you should read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=12234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe this'll enlighten you