The Audio will be addressed...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

The Audio will be addressed...

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I spoke with someone involved with the series who told me that the audio will be re-mixed for the broadcast version; boosting the dialogue a bit. That will help subdue the obtrusiveness of the music.

jaimetheking
Operative

Re: The Audio will be addressed...

Post by jaimetheking » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Really?? Can they fix the Whoosh and sync it with the scanner movement?

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stylez » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. :good:

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:43 pm

That fast "whoosh" sound I believe they took from when KITT was first introduced to Michael in the Pilot Episode of the original series. Maybe that was a thing they carried over and will change as the season progresses, who knows...lol. It does need to be in sync though. The Music needs to be cut back a LOT and eliminated in scenes where there is no action and just serious time.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:07 pm

jaimetheking wrote:Really?? Can they fix the Whoosh and sync it with the scanner movement?
I think this will address the relative levels of the different audio elements (dialogue, music, SFX) and not how they sync to picture.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm

They better give Val's voice some special effects. Don't make me watch 90210, NBC. I'll do it in spite. ......actually, I will probably watch Knight Rider anyway.

God, I hate how they screwed us from the tweaks the commercials gave us.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:28 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:They better give Val's voice some special effects. Don't make me watch 90210, NBC. I'll do it in spite. ......actually, I will probably watch Knight Rider anyway.

I agree with you. It would be easy to put a filter of some kind on Kilmer's voice to better source it. They feel it's more realistic this way, so the voice seems to be coming from everywhere (in or out of the car), but the unintended result is that the voice feels tacked on and not part of the action.

Better, I think, to go ahead and give the voice some definable source onscreen, ie car speakers.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Good to know Shapeshifter! :good:

I do agree on that KnightINSTINCT, I really missed what they did with his voice in some of the commercials.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:44 pm

You think they do feel that way about KITT's voice? You know, back in Feb. when they did the voice actor change out all of a sudden, I believed then it was because they had to remix the audio. Perhaps they had to do something quick this time around, like adding the old WHOOSHing sound effect in.

eh, this question is rhetorical.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote:They better give Val's voice some special effects. Don't make me watch 90210, NBC. I'll do it in spite. ......actually, I will probably watch Knight Rider anyway.

I agree with you. It would be easy to put a filter of some kind on Kilmer's voice to better source it. They feel it's more realistic this way, so the voice seems to be coming from everywhere (in or out of the car), but the unintended result is that the voice feels tacked on and not part of the action.

Better, I think, to go ahead and give the voice some definable source onscreen, ie car speakers.
Kilmer sounds like he's on NPR. "MIssles are inbound, Michael, but first, some smooth jazz..."

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:13 pm

LOL!

Michael...wake up Michael. Insurgents are surrounding us, there are too many standing against us. We need to escape now if....

SHUT UP KITT! You're putting me to sleep! Gawd!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:00 am

Mango19 wrote:Kilmer sounds like he's on NPR. "MIssles are inbound, Michael, but first, some smooth jazz..."
Michael: "Jazz?"
KI3T: "Yes Michael, to help you and Sarah relax and reduce your oxygen intake levels..."

*jazz music playing while KITT is burning on fire*

Michael: "Oh."

:roll:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:38 pm

:lol: And the original KITT would have suggested Vivaldi! ;)