KITT Stolen in Toronto

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

adamtrek
Recruit

Re: KITT Stolen in Toronto

Post by adamtrek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:41 pm

I can see both arguments on this one.

But the fact of the matter remains, regardless if it was a theft or a publicity stunt, the guy could of at least performed a brake-stand and a couple of 360's before taking off down the street!

:twisted:
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 am

Check out this video, i doubt the crew guy would be letting the f-bomb fly like that in front of kids if it was a stunt. There is one video yet to be scene, the one with the best perspective right in front of the guy taking the car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnjdRHZoqs
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 pm

*AHEM*

Knight-Armen - you hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with KI2T and helped lead it down a completely different tangent. You need to heed your own advice, cause this discussion has nothing to do with what you are forcing it to be about.

Guys - enough is enough. If you want to complain about the KI3T not being the KI2T - we have over a dozen topics you can vent that in. If anyone continues to do so and try and hijack other threads for this debate, their post gets deleted without discussion. I think we've exhausted this debate, and we've all had enough.

*BACK TO THE TOPIC*

I think we will find out very soon if it's a PR stunt or not. With the premier a week away, if it was a stunt - there has to be more to it, cause obviously the story isn't ended - real or not.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:35 pm

PBH wrote: "An astonishing display of KITT's legendary power will take place Friday, September 12 at Union Station where the totally tricked-out machine will spin its wheels performing stunts for the crowd."
Well......................I suppose you could say they lived up to it!

Did a big wheel spin, sounded pretty powerful, stunned the crowd with a crazy stunt and we're all still talkin about it...I'd say job done mate!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

If you chose "B: Publicity Stunt" you would have been correct!

From Broadcaster Magazine (http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/issu ... e=09162008):
E! Announces Integrated Fall Marketing Campaign

E!, launches its fall marketing campaign this week and focuses on the premiere of 80's icon Knight Rider. The campaign also highlights the launch of two new comedy series Worst Week (Monday, September 22) and Kath & Kim (Thursday, October 9) as well as returning favourites: Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Sunday, September 28), The Biggest Loser – Families (Tuesday, September 16), How I Met Your Mother (Monday, September 22) and My Name is Earl (Thursday, September 25).

To accelerate the steadily building buzz around the premiere of the Knight Rider series, last week E! Everything Entertainment brought the star of the show, the new and improved KITT, to a number of high profile events and heavy traffic locations in Toronto including the Virgin Music Festival, where fans were able to have their picture taken with the legendary car. Last Friday, the final day of KITT's celebrity tour, crowds of Knight Rider enthusiasts were left stunned when a man ran out of the crowd, dove into KITT and screeched off. Intense speculation spread across news outlets and viral communities promoted by links to YouTube with audience cell phone footage of the 'KITTnapping" action. And now E! is looking for help to find KITT.

Toronto's "KITTnapping" officially launched a unique viewer engagement promotion whereby fans have a chance to win a brand new Mustang GT Coupe or a number of limited edition Mio Knight Rider GPS units simply by identifying where KITT's been spotted.

E! is also looking to the public to post their sightings of KITT at eonline.com and watch E! for updated dialy KITT sightings. Viewers will be encouraged to enter their sightings once daily and during the Wednesday, September 24th premiere episode of Knight Rider, when one lucky fan will walk away with a brand new car!

The integrated fall off-air campaign kicks off this week in the major markets of Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and includes:

Toronto:

•Subway hub station domination – six key station platform pillars will be dominated with key E! show messaging to take advantage of large traffic flow hubs with multiple impression messaging. Launches: week of Sept 15th x 4 weeks.

•Subway station pillars layered with cherry picked, horizontal billboards located within proximity to these key high traffic subway stations to reach commuters upon entry and exit. Launches: week of Sept 15th x 4 weeks.

•Large space ads in Metro commuter paper provide further impact and dominate commuters with messaging for key programs; Knight Rider, Extreme Home Makeover, The Biggest Loser, How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl.

Calgary:

•Horizontal billboards launch week of September 15th x 4 weeks along with a wrap of the Calgary Herald on September 22nd creating awareness of all new and returning E! signature hits like Knight Rider, Extreme Home Makeover, The Biggest Loser, How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl.

Other Media Support:

•Aggressive weight levels of radio in Toronto, Vancouver & Calgary, will compliment the media efforts starting the week of September 15th x 10 weeks

•In addition to large space ads in newspaper in all markets (Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver); E! has IPG ads in Alberta and BC to communicate the premieres of key programming.

•Rounding out this integrated support campaign will be the cross promotion of key E! shows on all Canwest web properties to ensure breadth of coverage.
Looks like our Canadian friends will be busy!

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:54 pm

neps wrote: Calgary:

•Horizontal billboards launch week of September 15th x 4 weeks along with a wrap of the Calgary Herald on September 22nd creating awareness of all new and returning E! signature hits like Knight Rider, Extreme Home Makeover, The Biggest Loser, How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl.

Other Media Support:

•Aggressive weight levels of radio in Toronto, Vancouver & Calgary, will compliment the media efforts starting the week of September 15th x 10 weeks

•In addition to large space ads in newspaper in all markets (Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver); E! has IPG ads in Alberta and BC to communicate the premieres of key programming.

•Rounding out this integrated support campaign will be the cross promotion of key E! shows on all Canwest web properties to ensure breadth of coverage.

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out! :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Well, I guess that officially settles that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:15 pm

I told you it was a publicity stunt. Should have taken bets.

So I guess that shoots some holes in a certain glorfied stuntman's theory that his "years of experience" make him right. Time to eat some kro boys.

Victor 1 - Haters - 0

=VK=
:dash:
Last edited by Victor Kros on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm

This is a pretty clever advertising. I always figured it was a stunt. Sounds like it would be fun too, trying to spot KITT. You guys up north are lucky. Happy searching. :)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 pm

victor kros wrote:I told you it was a publicity stunt. Should have taken bets.

So I guess that shoots some holes in a certain glorfied stuntman's theory that his "years of experience" make him right. Time to eat some kro boys.

Victor 1 - Haters - 0

=VK=
Vic,

I just don’t understand what you’re doing. Why is it that you seem so intent on angling for a showdown with the people who don’t agree with you? So you figured out that it was a publicity stunt, at the risk of offending you, big whoop.

For a person who calls himself my friend, a term I value greatly, you sure seem to be making it difficult for me to not have to act in the same way that you’ve trusted me do when people have taken it too far with you.

It’s time for this to stop, because if it doesn't, things will spiral out of control, and when the battle lines are drawn, only those who enjoy conflict will possibly win.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:09 pm

You're right Matthew. I'm sorry for telling those people out there who consistantly get in my face about how wrong I am, that I was actually right about something. I'm sorry that I felt the emotional need to express how good it felt to actually be able to say I was right about something and no one can argue it.

I do value your friendship, so if you want to talk about this you know how to reach me.

=VK=

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Vic,

It's not saying it that angles for a confrontation though, I mean hell, we all say I told you so from time to time, it's just the way you said it.

I know you've had grief from people since the Legacy debacle, and until now, you've been letting us handle things, but by calling such attention to the score being 1-0 to you, it's just begging for someone to come in, and pick a fight over it, and should that happen, a firestorm would erupt, and because your initial comment would be the catalyst, there would be cause for discipline on both sides of the fence.

Matt

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:35 pm

fair enough.

=VK=

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks my friend. :good:

Matt

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:16 pm

*Shrugs*

It just seemed too illogical.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:09 pm

well it got 66 posts in only a few days, its definitely caught our imagination/attention...

as for VK's turn of phrase upsetting people, thats old news and doesn't deserve rising to really (in all fairness he's never done me any harm but as a regular viewer of the board i have seen some of the 'misunderstandings' that have occurred)

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Man i wanted to keep it going, notice the clue i left in my last post here. I said something about a certain video, well when KITT was stolen if you notice on the video filmed from above that a guy was placed right in front of all the action filming it like he knew it was coming. Thats how i figured it out.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:43 am

victor kros wrote:I told you it was a publicity stunt. Should have taken bets.

Victor 1 - Haters - 0

=VK=
Ok - now im thinking two things.

A. It was a set-up, but a stupidly arranged one with some SERIOUS issues with pedestrian safety (not to mention the PF gaff of having the organizer walk around swearing!?!?!?!?)

OR

B. The big-wigs that be have spun the whole situation (IE a real theft) and turned it into a marketing opportunity. Theres a very strong chance that this could in fact be the case. Make the most out of a BAAAAD situation.

Oh and Matt - Thanks for watching my back, but I would sure rather be a working 'Glorified Stuntman' than an 'out of work graphics designer and part-time Larson ass kisser'.

:good:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:49 am

:dash:[/quote]

Ok - now im thinking two things.

A. It was a set-up, but a stupidly arranged one with some SERIOUS issues with pedestrian safety (not to mention the PF gaff of having the organizer walk around swearing!?!?!?!?)

OR

B. The big-wigs that be have spun the whole situation (IE a real theft) and turned it into a marketing opportunity. Theres a very strong chance that this could in fact be the case. Make the most out of a BAAAAD situation.

:good:[/quote]

B. makes more sence to me.

If it was a publicity stunt then wheres all the propper footage of the car being stolen? If they were intending on it happening then there would be alot more than a few shacky camrea phone vids up on you tube.

Also last time I checked it wasnt mentioned on the NBC website which also leads me to belive it was real.

The bloke shouting swear words at the top of his voice wouldnt have looked good for NBC esp with the amout of kids about at the time.

So yea I concer that NBC have put a spin on it to make some extra advitising for the show.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 am

They should have planted a stuntman in the crowd pretending to be a spectator and have KI3T take them down as it sped away.

They could have then called the competition "When The KITT Hits The Fan"...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:39 pm

That would be awesome to see... :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:30 am

Here is an report, that it was a stunt:
http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html ... cd325bc2f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

phrozunsun
Stranger

Post by phrozunsun » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:09 am

there must not have been any torontonians on here (or at least not any that know the Downtown core).

That car would have been so stuck in traffic when leaving that little section of road that was blocked off for the promo. Between the cars, cab drivers and cops, that car would have gotten nowhere.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:31 am

Well, he must have been missing the "Hjasselhoff" as it's been spotted picking up some flat pack furniture, soft furnishings and assorted kitchen trinkets for the KITTcave - oh and some meatballs - at IKEA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNh8Ffa2syU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Just uplaoded the video to my acocunt and was just about to post it. They were airing it all night last night on E!

Here's a video for the contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIPP1mWYaDk