Official Online Premier Thread (aka Pilot is UP on Amazon!)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Official Online Premier Thread (aka Pilot is UP on Amazon!)

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:04 pm

The next episode we'll see won't be for two weeks since we still have to watch it again on when it premieres on NBC.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm

i thoght the shot from the blower to the side pipes actually took away from the turbo boost ( and i missed the sound effect)
might have been better suited to when the had to get kitt to over 300mph then use camera tricks for the speed effect
I also liked KITTS voice better in the preview when he tells the gunman "step away from the car"
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

knightnx
Recruit

episode 1

Post by knightnx » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 pm

just saw the new episode !
its not bad

kitt has the real scanner sound :kitt:

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Just got done watching Premiere for the 2nd time. It is finally sinking in. I think it was dead on! Now here is a little something I picked up correct if I am wrong.

After Mike and Sarah jump into KITT and goes back to Normal mode from 4x4. I could swear KITT says Passive Restraint system activate. Another homeage to the original with an updated twist which is awesome. I have some crappy PC speakers since I blew out my last pair. Can someone help me verify this? Thanks all!

Anthony
:kitt: :dash:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I could do without the some of the cheesy lines & scenes like "oh my god im gonna pass out" but other than that it was ok. I still think the truck thing sucks & attack mode is nothing but a glorified remake of SPM! Oh i like that they added KARR's scanner sound, i bet everybody was suprised at that one!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:39 pm

nee716 wrote:Just got done watching Premiere for the 2nd time. It is finally sinking in. I think it was dead on! Now here is a little something I picked up correct if I am wrong.

After Mike and Sarah jump into KITT and goes back to Normal mode from 4x4. I could swear KITT says Passive Restraint system activate. Another homeage to the original with an updated twist which is awesome. I have some crappy PC speakers since I blew out my last pair. Can someone help me verify this? Thanks all!

Anthony
:kitt: :dash:
It says ....Transformation completed. ....(can't understand this place).... restraint system active.

Stinch
Volunteer

Post by Stinch » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Im in the UK and this is hard work reading all the comments about how good it is!

God knows when we are going to get to see it! Can't wait!

Yo Devon!!!

Stinch
The laws a double edged sword and you've been sitting pretty on one side for too long! Now your gonna feel the other side, the side that cuts!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:47 pm

i liked this episode alot,i thought it was pretty good compared to the pilot. :good: :good:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:49 pm

What does everyone think about when KITT
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
scanned Mike's files when he noticed Charles and Torres were talking, as though he suspects Torres is up to no good. I think he did it for good purposes and not bad. I think he is scanned it so that in case the file was destroyed, if Torres turns on Mike, KITT can still help him. I think he either on his own, as a learning trait, and as Mikes friend, OR he was pre-programmed by Charles Graiman, who knows what is going to happen, and prepared KITT to help Mike
when the time comes.
Oh, yeah, and by the way, if Torres
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
gets punched around at the end of this season, like someone said, he should be knocked out by only one man: the Hoff
himself!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Radicalas wrote:It says ....Transformation completed. ....(can't understand this place).... restraint system active.
It's Occupant. Occupant Restraint System Active. Makes more sense than Passive..

As far as a review... The Kitt Cave, and the appearance casting of Zoe & Billy reminded me of Torchwood.

My biggest complaint is how the hell is Mike driving Kitt with all the HUD stuff in the way? Is Kitt assisting the driving? Or can Mike really focus on dodging cars at 100mph and talk to multiple ppl & watch video on the HUD?

Otherwise, it was decently action packed and left with good 'clifhanger' commercial breaks.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:21 pm

I think we've been had. It's 6:21 EST, and iTunes STILL doesn't have it up. And they have updated their listings too.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I am definitly pleased with the new show
KITT could do without the "if she has GPS installed I can use sattelite uplinks to..."
just work your magic, we dont need play by play
also TURBO BOOST needs to happen instantly no CGI of what goes on under the hood
ATTACK MODE looks cool but where are the 300 MPH visuals that we so long for
Did anyone catch the Cobra logo on the back wall of the gym
I loved the SCANNER it looked alot better and sounded awesome
Tracers past is gonna be an interesting plot device too
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

kittfan666
Recruit

Post by kittfan666 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Well, i have to say my bit and tell you all that "I Really, really liked it". Fair enough there was a couple of cheesy bits in the episode but overall, i thought it was really good. I watched on Amazon from the UK, don't ask how i did it though :)

Without revealing too much i have to give thumbs up to the scanner sound, very KITT like but at the same time dark (KARR like???). Keep an eye out for this in future episodes, it may be a big hint as to what is to come. :)

P.S. I have no idea how to use spoiler tags by the way, so if a mod or fellow reader feels that there should be a spoiler tag here, please report/edit as required. Sorry for being such a n00b.

Score : 8/10

kittfan666
Recruit

Post by kittfan666 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:38 pm

One really cheesy bit i thought of though, did anyone think GTA IV railroad scene when it came up??? (again, Mods, spoiler tag if required :S).

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Spoilers only:
KITTs scanner does sound a lot like KARR's from Season 3

As for KITT scanning the files. He's an AI. It might be he is curious to find out what is going on, too. Not just loyalty but self-preservation as in can he trust humans who go against each other? And what are the up to and what might they do to him as well as the new friends he's made? And will they harm his new friends or take him away from them? KITT might have been thinking this as he watched and analyzed the conversation. Didn't the original KITT review video of KARR at their first encounter after the mission and Bonnie, Michael and Devon left the semi? As KITT was thinking more about what was KARR? And if he really missed him. Kinda like that - the AI was curious as well as protective of not just the humans but maybe also of himself.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

tranformation intiated
occupant restraint system activated
could use wayyyyyyyyy lesss confirmation dialog LOL

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm

I liked the confirmation dialogs. :) Kinda neat. I think it added a great thing to the overall effect.

I'm downloading it via Amazon Unbox (this episode is free) so I can watch it again without having to stream it. Though it does stream fine on my system, I still will watch offline so maybe I can help keep the load off all the servers which are probably going nuts today. LOL!

Oh and I'm wearing my Knight Rider KITT on a green grid T-Shirt today. :)

KTMCDO
Recruit

Post by KTMCDO » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:14 pm

K2000kid wrote:I am definitly pleased with the new show
KITT could do without the "if she has GPS installed I can use sattelite uplinks to..."
just work your magic, we dont need play by play
also TURBO BOOST needs to happen instantly no CGI of what goes on under the hood
ATTACK MODE looks cool but where are the 300 MPH visuals that we so long for
Did anyone catch the Cobra logo on the back wall of the gym
I loved the SCANNER it looked alot better and sounded awesome
Tracers past is gonna be an interesting plot device too
i would imagine in future episodes KITT will cool it with the techno talk

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Stinch wrote:Im in the UK and this is hard work reading all the comments about how good it is!

God knows when we are going to get to see it! Can't wait!

Yo Devon!!!

Stinch
I have the same "problem" of you! Can't wait to see it! And reading all these positive and entusiastic comments, makes me more nervous :mrgreen:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:01 pm

The episode looked pretty good and I must say I am pleaseed! I woke up 8am to watch it before I went to school this morning on Amazon lol. I like Amazon b/c no commercials!

Anyway here is my thoughts:
- Turbo Boost is pretty cool but takes a little too long to happen, guess the visual effects make it appear longer.
- I like how KITT is becoming more of a smart ass like KI2T.
- Now GST said KITT is learning and is because of a reason we will find out later this season, what was funny is Torres talking about that, caught my attention.
- I like how they made the scanner and update of the original yet very similar, great idea!
- HUD is phenomenal in KITT and how it works with all the computers and touch screens in the SCC!
- He mentions his fathers name was Michael Long so they are reminiscing the original.

Can't wait till the next episode, hopefully they will talk more about the original and what happened to everyone and the foundation. Also what will happen now that Mike Tracuer is now Michael Knight! I also can't wait for the fact that something is hidden from Mike that Torres and Graimen know!

Joe

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 pm

is it just me or does that stuff that the bad guy is trying to inject into sarah look like kryptonite, like some kind of liquid kryptonite

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Well it looks like we all wanted KITT to smash though those doors. :lol:

Your right FizzieDice how were they communicating? I don’t remember an earpiece. The thing about this episode versus the pilot was it moved so fast you didn’t have time to think about the details. The second time through I noticed that Mike uses an explosive charge on a regular door lock instead of KI2Ts old way of magically moving the tumbler somehow. I like that this is more realistic.

I heard that.. something restraint system.. and thought of KI2T, I didn’t make out what it said, occupant would make sense.

Ah and I spelled Zoe wrong before.

I noticed the HUD changes color on the borders when someone’s condition deteriorates. That was cool, I think that was something we asked to keep about the old display. I’m not missing that old BD pilot display at all.

Thinking about the BD pilot I'm glad they decided not to repeat the exact same joke, “are you a homosexual” It wouldn’t have been funny a second time.

Alright I’m sure I missed something, I’m gonna have to go back and watch it again.

Aw nuts the fire alarm! I best go consult Mike's flow chart.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KTMCDO
Recruit

Post by KTMCDO » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Your right FizzieDice how were they communicating? I don’t remember an earpiece.
if you watch carefully they do show a earpiece its in the ear
but it is a quick take not sure if its an implant or not

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Over all, I really liked the show. There are areas that I didn't care for... but can you make everyone happy... na.

My head is still spinning and I was not able to catch the sound on this borrowed computer, so .....

Big thanks to KRO for the posing of the first episode for us to see early. It was a very nice treat! :good:

Oh, and I thought it was funny to see GM advertisement.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:31 pm

If anyone is up for watching it again at the same time I’m gonna hit play at 8:00 pacific time and ill be in the chat.

PS I'm gonna use Amazon
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.