KITT Stolen in Toronto

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

friendofKITT
Stranger

KITT Stolen in Toronto

Post by friendofKITT » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:33 pm

I just saw the craziest video on youtube. Some guy took off in the new KITT from some promo event. Does anyone know if this is real?? Crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0479iODc7M

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Stolen in Toronto

Post by sarfraz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:38 pm

You can't even leave a car with the keys in the ignition,without someone trying to steal it :twisted:

Seriously, it looked bad. Hopefully we'll get some news on if this was real and if the car was recovered.......before it gets ripped off for spares!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:58 pm

It kind of reminds me from Knight of the Phoenix when Jackson & Brown steal KITT and afterwards KITT complaining for Michael leaving keys in the ignition and doors open. Remembering that it might be a publicity stunt but the chaos after the steal, the girl screaming & people yelling sounds real.
If it indeed was real I hope the idiot who stole KITT wont cause any damage to other people and hopefully he'll get caught & punished.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:59 pm

No way! Is that real? Or is this all a stunt?
Here’s a quote from
http://blogto.com/city/2008/09/knight_r ... on_camera/
Update (3:40pm):
Police Constable Dixon at 52 Division could not confirm the theft report without a license plate number, and is unaware of any reports of the above incident.

Update (4pm):
Calls to Canwest and Global TV to confirm the incident with have so far proved fruitless, but I have left a voicemail with the director of publicity for Global Networks and E!

An employee at media relations at Global Toronto (who wishes to remain anonymous) has told me that she has received a number of calls from the media, and that Canwest currently "doesn't know where the car is," and is "trying to figure out what has happened."
Hey if they want the plate number its a California plate 6DYE191
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 pm

If you rememebr soul survivor,the kid stole the kitt car in one of the episodes for real off the lot and had some fun with it.He brought it back later.I read this on the back of the columbia house cases.They had great information such as kitt havign 4 layers of plastic one would be pealed back if it got scratched..It seems that we are following in the same footsteps of our favorite show.This seems in a way like good news:)

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Man... I don't know if it's a stunt or not... I mean the car has the plate number... we all know it... like Sue said it's the 6DYE191... if someone hasn't been able to get them that tag number, then I smell stunt.

But who knows... I'll reserve judgment until we find out more. But it was kinda funny... stunt or not.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:02 pm

I have an alibi.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm going with this being a viral video/stunt until there's actual proof this is legit. It seems like they would have some anti-theft devices in the car, specifically a GPS tracking system.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I have an alibi.
:lol:

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:13 pm

friendofKITT wrote:I just saw the craziest video on youtube. Some guy took off in the new KITT from some promo event. Does anyone know if this is real?? Crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0479iODc7M
I saw the video and this is why you DON'T leave the car running and walk away from it.This really mess everything up for everybody who wants to see the car upclose.I hope they catch the dumb S-O-B(you what it is)!
Show's Over...Go Home!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:19 pm

That has got to be a publicity stunt.....

What moron would leave a car like that running with the door open?

Maybe Kitt will do a KOTP and take the thief straight to the cops?

If that was`nt a stunt then.......... :D

What a fool! and I aint talking about the guy that stole it! :lol:

That thief must either have some huge cohones or he`s played far too much GTA :D

Im not laughing but the irony of it.........The car of the future gets robbed in broad daylight.......by some "random guy"
Last edited by weeezl on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum friendofKITT, it's odd you joined just to apparently post a link to this video. Who do you work for? :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

THEROYALSOCIETY
Stranger

Post by THEROYALSOCIETY » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:57 pm

The Royal Society was there!

Check our blog at http://www.myspace.com/theroyalsocietyx for details, pictures etc

COME BACK, KITT!!

Stay Loyal to the Royals

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:08 pm

It had to be a stunt. But then again if it never came back for pictures or anything...i don't know. I can't see the guy getting very far though. Not like it's a hard car to miss and it's got a very specific California License plate from what i remember seeing in Hamilton yesterday.I got my picture taken with KITT yesterday. It was so awesome. The car is amazing in persona nd just makes me even more jealous of those of you that got to see Attack Kitt live iat COmic-Con. Funny thing happened yesterday though, we were in line to get our pictures taken and all of a sudden we hear the Dixie horn and some guy pulls up in a General Lee replica. It was so cool getting pics with KITT AND General Lee in one day. The guy even let me sit in it to get my picture done. And he also told me something interesting, he's met most of the cast and crew and said that one of the stunt drivers that was on Dukes is now a Stund Drive on Knight Rider. I beleive he said the name was COrey Eubanks. I thought that was a cool coincidence. As for the "theft" of KITT? It was either VERY well planned or completely staged. I wish i could've been there to see it happen though.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 pm

After seeing more of the updates and the car not being reported stolen yet...i'd have to say stunt. Could be one of those viral marketing campaign that they do for the show. A Find KITT kinda game maybe.

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 pm

it might be a show thing, the beggining of the new episode might involve kitt dealing being stolen with and trying to understand why people 'do' things or somthing naff like that, but then agian it could have been stolen for real, either way SUFFERED!!!!! :mrgreen:

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:31 pm

I think it might be a stunt too, though it wouldnt surprise me if someone actually jumped in and drove off. I'll watch Global news at 11, and tape to see if anything is mentioned about what went down.

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:48 pm

good man :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Ah yes, a big hoax, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed. :good:
http://blogto.com/music/2008/09/local_b ... kitt_hoax/
When S. Breezy, a member of the local electro hip-hop group The Royal Society, went out for a smoke at work near Union Station today, something remarkable happened. He got duped by what appears to have been a a network TV publicity stunt and he just happened to be one of the first to bring the story and photographs to the beast that is the Internet.
I just figured... why not? I guess it'd be cool to have a photo with KITT," he half-embarrassedly tells. Getting in line for his turn to pose up close, he started snapping pics from afar with his camera-phone. And that's when it happened.

"This guy just dropped his coffee on the ground and jumped in and took off in the car," he says. "I wished I'd gotten shots of that moment... the girl beside me who took video was immediately approached by a guy from the Toronto Star, who told her that they wanted to buy the video!"

Breezy lingered around for about 20 minutes, taking in the scene, and waiting for KITT to come back. But KITT didn't come back...

Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:24 pm

its garthe! He's stole KITT >.>

Okay maybe not...but it was funny for a second there.

I'm not sure if its a staged act. But it does seem that way since the area wasn't barricaded and cops jumping up from there donut breaks to slip on the banana and into there cars :D so yeah its staged. Has to be
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Everything entertainment on the news was about Brad Pitt.

That mentions the Toronto Star, so Ill go pick up a copy of that tomorrow and see if there's any mention of the hoax, or the Toronto Sun

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:53 am

If it was staged , where is the car now i wonder.
I knew when i first saw you, how could i not adore you,you kissed away my tears and washed away my pain-and now the sun is riseing

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:03 am

knight rider uk wrote:If it was staged , where is the car now i wonder.
Back at the mobile unit...where else!? lol

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:26 am

Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:50 am

I would think it was a stunt or someone real stupid. For the powers that be that have the keys in the ignition was not a smart thing. Or not having not the right security at this event would be another. But, at least KR got some publicity out of the deal. :)