New Knight Rider to Debut on Hulu!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: New Knight Rider to Debut on Hulu!

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:30 am

I'm glad it'll be online. I have a DTV converter box and sometimes I would constantly lose signal every two seconds. :( Or it would "jam up". So I'm glad they are making it available online. Maybe I will at least get to see the whole thing clearer. I never have buffering issues with most online video so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about the DTV issues. I can't afford cable or a digital TV or a better antenna right now, so it's all I have.

And as someone said, hopefully hulu will give NBC a count of how many saw the show online. And don't NBC eventually put all the episodes online on their site or will it only be certain ones?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I'm going to add to what LadyV was just saying....

In a way, I'm disappointed Knight Rider will be available on Hulu. There is no way I can NOT watch it when it becomes available online. But I don't care what you say, online viewing cannot compare to the experience of full broadcast HDTV. It doesn't. There is a very good chance there will be buffering issues or the compression will be worse than what you have on TV, or the sound won't be as good. Bottom line, we won't get the full immersive experience the first time we see the pilot.
That's a good point Mike. I didn't consider sound or buffering issues, and knowing how sloppy multimedia performs with Vista (yes, I'm stuck with this cursed OS), I'll probably just wait another week to watch it on TV.

Either way, I'm pumped. :dance:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

I use Windows Vista and it does very well with Hulu stuff. I've watched quite a few things on hulu and had no problems. Actually, Vista did quite well on my system. Though I admit that it came with my laptop.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:41 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I use Windows Vista and it does very well with Hulu stuff. I've watched quite a few things on hulu and had no problems. Actually, Vista did quite well on my system. Though I admit that it came with my laptop.
Yeah, mine came with my POS Gateway, but it says on the tower that the compter was build for Windows XP/Vista Compatable, but it runs like crap. Wish I'd known that Vista takes more Gig to run or I would never have bought this bottom-of-the-barrel system. I wish the home computer would just die already so I can give mine to my parents and get a new one. :(
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:46 pm

What's the exact date this is going to be online?

If you have your computer hooked up to an HDTV, the quality on fullscreen hulu videos is excellent. Unfortunately I have to use a proxy to view Hulu since I'm in Canada, but it's pretty simple to do and I've been using it more recently since it's faster to stream it than download the torrent. The only loss is sound quality, which is kind of weak. Colors seem slightly washed out as well, but it's very very good and definately the future I think if they can iron out quality issues.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I run Vista as well and it works great for me...To run a computer with Vista properly(I know I'm going off topic,but I hope I help someone with this),you should have a computer with *more than* 2.0 GHZ,2 GB of ram,a good videocard(over 64mb),and a hard drive that's over 40 GB.

I can't wait for the 17th.! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:To run a computer with Vista properly(I know I'm going off topic,but I hope I help someone with this),you should have a computer with *more than* 2.0 GHZ,2 GB of ram,a good videocard(over 64mb),and a hard drive that's over 40 GB.
Civic, to run Vista properly you only need the RAM and approximate video processing capability, CPU clocking and the hard drive don't matter that much.
Since SP1 Vista has been a reliable and useful system - a lot of the dissing and rumors really aren't true about it. Yes, it is resource-intensive, but it is superior to XP in many ways if you know how to handle it.

I'm quite excited about the early release - the smaller the wait, the better...
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:55 pm

This is off topic but oh well...

Vista eats memory like the cookie monster devoured his favourite snack!

Its superior to XP as far as security features but when it comes to running productivity software your better off with XP. Vista chews up so much system resources its hardly worth the upgrade (if you can call it that)

I like the look of it though,the aero interface is nice and the flip aspect is kinda cool. I purchased it as an OEM version when I got my bits for my newest machine, I use it and theres few things I like about it but I always compare it to a bad movie sequel.

Roll on the reboot! Windows 7

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:49 pm

My Vista laptop only has 2GB RAM, a 250G HD (I just upgraded the HD, it came with an 80G one), and dual-core processors (1.8GHz ea. CPU). And it uses Aero. I think the built-in video is Intel. It runs great and I never have too many problems watching streaming video. The only times I might is if there is a problem with the connection between the server and my PC. I never had problems with Hulu videos though.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Jay,what I wrote in a previous is what was based on a computer I helped build for my mom and dad.They use a lot of space.Vista takes a lot more room than XP,Vista's really flashy too.It was just my reccomendation.That's all.A lot of people ask me how much video I use,so that's why I tossed it in there,along with the HD space as well.You don't know how many times on a computer-related forum that I'm asked to tell my HD space and my video memory because I didn't feel like I needed to add it in.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:27 pm

If your having problems with video it might be your video card or whatever you have in your laptop. I know integrated graphics chip are getting better though still not as good as a decent video card.. Might also want to look for updated drivers.

As for Vista, eh, it's a hog on resources and bloated, even with the "prefetch" function, it shouldn't use as much resources as it does. Hopefully Windows 7 will be as big of an improvement from Vista as XP was to ME.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:29 pm

I want to watch on the 17th on Hulu but don't live in the US.can someone tell me how?

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi Knight4life,

Please refer to Mike's post on the matter. :good:

Many thanks.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Not entirely unrelated, but still relevant ...

NBC has shook hands and made up with Apple, and is rejoining iTunes.

And the best part of it . . .
. . . iTunes users will get an advanced showing of new shows including the
new Knight Rider
one week before their premiere on the network . . .
Hopefully, this is for all iTunes users, not just for those in the US.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 pm

I was on a PR call with some newsgroups and Justin, Denna and Gary today - and someone asked Gary about the Hulu premier. GST said that he had no idea about it until someone asked him to comment on it.

So it's interesting that this is NBCs pushing it out all these channels - which is cool - I just wish the gave everyone the curtosey of seeing the same playbook.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:48 am

I dunno if it was there before but Hulu now has an advertisement up top on the front page for the premiere as well as it being listed in the Fall Premieres.

http://www.hulu.com/fall#2

Looks like the 17th is the date we make their servers crash. :evil: I hope that's midnight and not somewhere in the middle of the day or evening, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: