Introducing Knight Rider Online Podcast!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Introducing Knight Rider Online Podcast!

Post by neps » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 am

So FuzzieDice came to me with an idea. She wanted to try out a KRO Podcast. Neither of us had done one before, but it's a unique idea, and they're all the buzz, so I told Fuzzie, lets give it a shot!

So here is her first episode! She promises to keep this up every other week - summarizing whats going on in the world of Knight Rider Online - and Knight Rider online!

Point your fav podcast reader to:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/kro_podcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or for iTunes users:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =288947212

I use iTunes, but you may have something different. We just submitted it to their podcast directory - but we weren't sure how long that would take, so we wanted to post here for everyone to check out.

We've also provided an MP3 only version - for those who aren't able to play the m4a versions of the podcast feed - but you'll be missing out on the enhanced version complete with slideshow graphics.

http://knightrideronline.com/podcast/kro_episode_1.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let FuzzieDice know what you think, so she can refine it to make it better! Thanks FuzzieDice!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Introducing Knight Rider Online Podcast!

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:29 am

Thank YOU Neil! You did all the work on enhancing the enhanced version for iTunes! :)

I hope everyone enjoys the podcast. I have never done a podcast before. So I'm very new and green to this stuff.

I used Mixcraft 4 and Audacity to create the podcast, and some of the music on it (intro/ending is something KR-like that I put together).

I do plan a twice-per-month podcast and Neil and I will be working together on these so that everyone can enjoy them. :) I recommend using iTunes to view them but if you want to take it on the go or in your normal MP3 player, we will provide MP3 versions. I use Windows and I can see the enhanced versions in iTunes just fine. Just look in your menu bar for a "Chapters" menu. Also to view the slides, click on the 3rd small icon on the upper right (where there's a row of 3 icons by the search bar). The slides will appear on the lower left under your library, etc.

Hope this helps and have fun! Let us know what you think, and what you'd like to see so we can continue to improve the Knight Rider Online Podcasts! :)
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 am

BTW, maybe this should be stickied?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:48 am

Sorry so many posts but if you want to see the slide show and links in the enhanced version, you can also use Firefox 3 and the latest QuickTime Plug-In! :) It doesn't work in IE 7 though for some reason.

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 am

Very Nice! Thanks Guys...now I have something else to listen to besides Howard Stern..hehe :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 am

Awesome Fuzzie Dice! Your writing is excellent, very fun and informative. :good:
I haven’t subscribed to a podcast before so I broke it down for anyone else scratching their heads.
To subscribe open Itunes and select “podcasts,” then click the “Advanced” tab and “Subscribe to Podcast”. Enter: http://knightrideronline.com/podcast/podcast.xml
To see the pictures make sure to click the arrow button down in the bottom left.
Again, totally cool! And thanks for spelling out my Youtube!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am

Do you think you can also put up a version of the Podcast for YouTube?I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who use a 56k connection and would love to see it too!Not that I have to worry about it,but somtimes people want to be able to check out somthing,but don't have the time to download it.Even though a lot of people use DSL,it's somtimes slow.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:30 am

Quick question I have uploaded it to my Itunes yet nothing is showing up. I have been waiting approx 30-45 min for it to upload. It shows refreshing. and i check my task manager and says that it is running. I am just wondering if i should restart itunes???
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:11 am

i can't find a "Advanced" tab

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:54 am

Your looking for a menu, not a tab:

"If you know the Internet address of a podcast, you can subscribe to it without using the iTunes Store. Choose Advanced > "Subscribe to Podcast" and then enter the URL. You can usually find the URL of a podcast on that podcast's webpage."

Also about YouTube - that would be competing against MJKnight - which this totally isn't. His is really cool opinionated piece, this is more informative and fact base, with a smaller amount of voice.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:02 am

let me add on to my last post. I have waited a good 4 hours and got nothing. i have restarted itunes and still have nothing. i have that i am subscribed to it however i have nothing to watch or listen too. PLEASE HELP!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:13 am

i can't fid Advanced anywheres

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:50 am

cajunknight0153 wrote:i can't fid Advanced anywheres
itunes.jpg
itunes.jpg (156.25 KiB) Viewed 42596 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 am

ook thank u

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:18 pm

:good: Awesome Fuzzie! Very informative especially for fans that can't check out the site frequently! I thought it was a great podcast especially for your first. I downloaded the mp3 so I can only comment on the audio, speaking of audio...the music is VERY cool, can you share any of it? Please please please pretty please!!? lol

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:40 pm

From me a :good: too.
And a good spoken english too. :P (I can read it, but to understand is sometime difficult)
I could put it on my browser favorit list.
Its my first podcast at all. :lol:
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Wow! Thank you guys! :D I'm glad everyone enjoys the podcast.

And thank you to Sue for showing us how to subscribe even if it's not yet listed in iTunes' Podcast directory (it takes awhile for them to list it as they have to review it).

I'll try to answer some questions in this post.
Sue wrote:Awesome Fuzzie Dice! Your writing is excellent, very fun and informative. :good:
Again, totally cool! And thanks for spelling out my Youtube!
Thanks, Sue. :) And I think your YouTube stuff is fun and informative too. Thank you so much for letting me use the clips.
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Do you think you can also put up a version of the Podcast for YouTube?I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who use a 56k connection and would love to see it too!
Videos are MUCH larger than audio podcasts so a YouTube one would be even slower to download than the 5MB or 6MB podcast. And as Neil said, we try not to compete or put out something that another fan does, as respect to the other fans works. :)
Stylez wrote::good: Awesome Fuzzie! Very informative especially for fans that can't check out the site frequently! I thought it was a great podcast especially for your first. I downloaded the mp3 so I can only comment on the audio, speaking of audio...the music is VERY cool, can you share any of it? Please please please pretty please!!? lol
Thank you! 8) As for the music, some of it (like the music in the Mio GPS piece and another part) was made by Allen Huffman of AnotherCrappyPodcast.com and exclusively for this podcast, so it can't be shared. As for the other music (intro and ending) I created especially for the podcast so that too will not be available for sharing. You will only hear those pieces on the Knight Rider Online Podcast.

The piece that was used around the Gumball 3000 is one I did called "Skylight Drivethru" which currently is a work in progress. I intend to release that song in full in public as soon as I get it finished. I don't know when that will be exactly since I been busy with other projects but I'll let folks know in the Off Topic area when I have some songs available. I might sell some on iTunes eventually. :)
Mblackphoenix wrote:From me a :good: too.
And a good spoken english too. :P (I can read it, but to understand is sometime difficult)
I could put it on my browser favorit list.
Its my first podcast at all. :lol:
Thank you for the compliments! :) I never did like the sound of my own voice much and I did have to do some editing here and there but I'm hoping as I do more of these that I will improve.

Like they say: Practice Makes Perfect. But my dad used to always also say "Probody's Nerfect." ;)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:38 pm

I got a message saying I can no longer edit or delete my post. Hmm... that's odd.

I want to make a correction:
The piece that was used around the Gumball 3000 is one I did...
Should read:

The piece that was used around the Gumball 3000 news is one I did...

Sorry about that.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

We are official folks! Apple just approved us to be in their directory:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =288947212

We wont be in the search for a day or so (they need to give it time for their search database to rebuild) but if you were having trouble subscribing, it should be easier now.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm listening to it right now FuzzieDice!It's awesome! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Great stuff! This was my first time ever to listen a podcast so didn't at first know how to listen it but Firefox 2.0.0.16 with quicktime plug-in managed to show the pics and audio even without itunes or any other podcast reader. I saved the link to my live bookmarks :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:11 am

:) I have found some friends of mine don't use all that though and need MP3s. But I'm going to let them know it'll work in Firefox. I didn't know about 2.x. I use 3.x now. Thanks for the info!

Sky_Blue_Civic: Thank you. :) We're going to start working on #2 very soon!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:23 am

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:54 am

Cool!!! I love these Fuzzie! They are so much fun. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks! :) And be sure to thank Neil as well, as he approves the content, compiles the enhanced versions, prepares the normal version's file size and publishes them.

Also I want to remind everyone that you can view the enhanced version, complete with all images and links, in Firefox if you have the QuickTime plugin for it. So that's another way to see them if you don't have iTunes (ie. if you're on Linux).

If you don't have either, the MP3 version is always available (thank you Niel for the feed! ) I actually get requests for a normal MP3 version so it's nice to have that as well.

The one think I'm kinda working on yet is getting rid of the pops and breaths. I'm considering a new microphone. And Thanks to VK's comments on my voice in chat, I have some ideas now on how I might improve my voice. I got to thinking of his comments and am going to try a new procedure when I create episode #3. I'm hoping to improve as I go along.

Also, I want to thank our Knight of Finland, Toni Nummela for his generous donation of his music and clips for our podcast! I think many remember his astounding Knight Rider Theme rendition a few years back! Well he came up with some NEW stuff which is used in our podcasts now! :)